Here is what I’ve done.
- Written a killer non-fiction expert advice Kindle book. It’s a real 130-page book and it's about getting over a million of travel miles and points (meaning free travel) for close to nothing. It offers simple, very detailed and exact instructions on what a person should do in order to achieve this goal in one year.
- Bought Geoff Shaw “Kindling” WSO (working on it and some other Kindle-relating material right now).
This is what I haven’t done yet: everything else. That includes marketing, editing, proofreading, formatting, cover design, what have you. To add insult to (my) injury, I do not have a website, website building or any IM experience at all. Just imagine that I’ve lived in a cave all those years…
What I want to do:
- Build a website. Its primary purpose will be marketing the book, but it will have a lot of useful content (I could use content from my book to build it).
- Build a collection of useful affiliate links (and btw use them throughout the book as well). That would mean that affiliate and not-affiliate links in my Kindle book would need to be redirected to the links on my website. The thing is most of the links in my book (like 90+%) are not going to be affiliate, and they will get outdated, so I need to be able to delete and renew them periodically.
- Use social networks somehow. I have no idea how. For the life of me, I just don’t get them! Why people even bother to risk submitting their personal info to Facebook (and for what?) is a huge mystery to me, but I know they DO go there in hordes, so you will understand how I’m completely lost in this regard!
- I want to use this book and the website to build the following. I’m planning to write a series of books on related subjects. I’m hoping to be there for a long run.
One important thing I’d like to add: the book is primarily aimed at the US audience. It won’t be nearly as useful (if at all) for the rest of the world. However, next books I’m planning for this series will have more global approach.
Thanks a lot!