I'm a Newbie looking to avoid making mistakes - Please help?

55 replies
Hey Warriors,

I was recently turned on to the whole Internet Marketing scene through a buddy. He joined a company called Empower Network... And he has been having me create websites for him, as I used to moderate gaming websites a while back.

Well, in this, he has invested all sorts of money in all sorts of companies that seem "scammy" to me, or at least unethical... and hasn't allowed me access to the training he has at Empower, not that I would expect him to for free, but he expects me to be running the technical side of things,
i.e. - web design, "capture pages" and e-mail blasters.

Well I would hate to get flagged as a spammer or really do anything unethical, soo, can anyone tell me about Empower Network, is it a legitimate work from home company? Does it provide legit training worth the $875 ticketprice.

Also, could anyone point me in the direction of a good place to get started, I know how to create blogs and website pretty thoroughly through Wordpress, or Dreamweaver Adobe suite either way... I have a heavy tech aptitude and I love to write... so does anyone have any tips, or point me in a good learning direction, that isn't filled with overpromises and scummy scammy products!


Thank you so much for your time!!!

Sean
#avoid #making #mistakes #newbie
  • Profile picture of the author Elmar
    $875 - Not worth it.

    Now I must say I have never seen their training but you can find a ton of free info here on this forum. Granted the info is not sequenced and its not a step by step training.

    You can buy a lot of great training courses from reputable marketers here on WF as WSO's. Cost anywhere between $27 to $97.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5833809].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Orator
    Sounds to me like you're getting the short of the end stick, I would suggest you browse around Warrior Forum. It's a good bet that any question you have has been answered in a dozen different threads. Also check out the Warrior For Hire section, and see if you might have any skills you could sell there. It would be a good way to earn money, and begin your foray into IM.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5833831].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Martyn Wilson
    You would be better spending $37 of your money on War Rooms subscription. I only joined yesterday and already cannot rate it highly enough.
    Signature
    'I Wanna Be A Millionaire!'
    The best millionaire magazine money CAN'T buy.
    FREE! NO OPT-IN REQUIRED!!!

    www.millionaire-mag.com
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5833833].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Alexa Smith
    Banned
    Originally Posted by SeanIsWinning View Post

    can anyone tell me about Empower Network, is it a legitimate work from home company?
    Opinions will differ, Sean.

    There are one or two people here promoting it (I think literally one or two), and they'll tell you that it's completely ethical and legitimate.

    Some others, here and elsewhere, certainly seem to have very different opinions.

    Why not read this, do just a little bit of very simple investigation (as it describes) and make up your own mind what you think? How to Investigate Home Business Opportunities
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5833894].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author SeanIsWinning
    Thank you everyone~!

    Elmar, what does WSO stand for? I have seen the term and as I understand it, a WSO is a guide of sorts... Also, do you have any WSOs you can recomend? Because I have a hard time finding what is useful and what is just hype and over-promising, thanks.

    Orator, thank you! It feels like I am getting the short end of the stick as well!! I have been browsing the warrior forum, but honestly, I don't really even know what to search for... I will check out the Warriors for Hire, that sounds exciting, as I can use PSE, and most other adobe products, as well as design snazzy websites, so I will DEFINITELY check that out.

    Martyn, Exel and Richard, can you tell me a little more about what the paid war room has to offer? And why it is worth sepnding the $37 on it? I am a little fuzzy on what it actually is that I would be buying.

    Alexa, thanks again for the e-book on identifying scams, I understand that when I ask for peoples opinion on something, that I am bound to receive just that, so I do take what is said, both positive and negative with a grain of salt... That said, all I am asking for is experienced opinions, from people that are currently successful, because obviously, if they are successful their experience, combined with their logic, could help me in making up my own mind about the Empower Network.

    That said, is there anyone on here that is an active or former Empower Network user, and if so, can you tell me what value the program really brings, setting aside the hype.


    Thanks again for all of your time,

    Sean
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5834348].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author HTG
      Originally Posted by SeanIsWinning View Post

      Thank you everyone~!



      That said, is there anyone on here that is an active or former Empower Network user, and if so, can you tell me what value the program really brings, setting aside the hype.


      Thanks again for all of your time,

      Sean
      Yup, right here. Just coming out of Empower and thankfully (due to their own systems faults) they only got me for $25.

      In short it is a blogging system supposedly 'turn key' where you write a blog everyday, tell everyone you know about it, and collect their membership fees for what they call 100% commission. After they were turned down by just about every payment processor under the sun, they decided to create their own payment system and charge an additional $19.95 per month for it, on top of the $25 per month for the blogging system. When I questioned this additional $19.95 per month charge, which was NOT to be part of the commission and kept by the owners, I was called a "wussy" by the programs creator, in a public Skype room, and so walked away. Seemed to me that $44.95 out and $25.00 per sale in could not be called 100% commissions. Apparently I'm a wussy for that math, lol.

      BTW "don't be a wussy" is a huge part of their marketing ploy.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5894490].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author PeteTheMonetizer
        Originally Posted by HTG View Post

        Yup, right here. Just coming out of Empower and thankfully (due to their own systems faults) they only got me for $25.

        In short it is a blogging system supposedly 'turn key' where you write a blog everyday, tell everyone you know about it, and collect their membership fees for what they call 100% commission. After they were turned down by just about every payment processor under the sun, they decided to create their own payment system and charge an additional $19.95 per month for it, on top of the $25 per month for the blogging system. When I questioned this additional $19.95 per month charge, which was NOT to be part of the commission and kept by the owners, I was called a "wussy" by the programs creator, in a public Skype room, and so walked away. Seemed to me that $44.95 out and $25.00 per sale in could not be called 100% commissions. Apparently I'm a wussy for that math, lol.

        BTW "don't be a wussy" is a huge part of their marketing ploy.
        You realize if you only got 1,000 customers that it would be $25,000 a month, every single month right?

        And you're worried about $19?

        I don't think people realize the potential of the program.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5898868].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author elasu13
    WSO Stands for Warrior Special Offer. (i think.)

    Maybe my sig can help a newbie. Just keep focused, Alot of people loose money when they start but once they find a way that works the money just keeps coming in!

    Thanks
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5834382].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author SamJ
    Sean, I'm pretty sure he's just trying to score a commission off of you. Just look at what the people who are making money with that "network" are doing: they're out recruiting new members. That's the only way anybody profits from these schemes.

    There is very little training being sold that's worth $875 and any decent training sold for that price is not marketed to people who are new to IM.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5834532].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Nightengale
      Originally Posted by SamJ View Post

      There is very little training being sold that's worth $875 and any decent training sold for that price is not marketed to people who are new to IM.
      Wrong answer. Try again.

      I've bought a number of high-priced products, all of which ARE aimed at people new to IM:

      1. Ali Brown's "Online Success Blueprint" -- $1,500

      This was the comprehensive online marketing system that got me started. It's been phased out, but it was AWESOME and worth every penny. In fact, I bought TWO (over a 2-year period). (Total: $3,000)


      2. Jeff Walker's "Product Launch Formula" -- $2,000

      This product is also aimed at neophytes, although not everyone who purchases his course is a newbie. PLF is THE leader in launch-your-product/business courses. It's EXCELLENT. And you don't need to know anything about IM to get started.

      I've been hugely impressed by the quality and customer service over at PLF. But I'm most impressed by Jeff's transparency and sincerity.

      No worries about being scammed by Jeff!


      3. Lisa Sasevich's "6-Figure Teleseminar Secrets" -- $1,000

      Lisa is known as the "Queen of Sales Conversion" and her expertise is in speaking, either live from the stage or on teleseminars.

      Again, no prior knowledge or experience required.

      4. Sheri McConnell

      Sheri is my current mentor and I was in a $3K program with her in 2010 which included:

      a. A HUGE information product (2 huge binders, CDs, DVDs of a previous conference, etc.)
      b. Monthly coaching calls AND bi-weekly Q&A calls
      c. TWO live events

      This year, I'm enrolled in a 6-month $7K coaching program with her.

      Sheri's expertise is business models and membership-based businesses (specifically, associations). It's a very niched expertise, which is why it's so valuable.

      I've bought every one of these at the prices listed. ALL of these products and programs are for people who know nothing about the topic(s). "Newbies." They're designed to take you from A-Z.

      Every one was a phenomenal value and are EXCELLENT products/programs.

      The prices are based on the VALUE they bring to the client/customer. The difference is in the MINDSET of their target market.

      Their target market most often doesn't know anything about the topic before buying. Newbies. But they're people looking to build "real" businesses and actually willing to invest in their business.

      These products and programs are aimed at people who are looking to build long-term businesses, who are willing to FOCUS and WORK. They're NOT aimed at the broke Joe Blow who keeps jumping from one "opportunity" to the next, complaining about how expensive everything is and how everyone is trying to scam him

      Michelle
      Signature
      "You can't market here. This is a marketing discussion forum!"
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5834830].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author SamJ
        Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post

        Wrong answer. Try again.

        I've bought a number of high-priced products, all of which ARE aimed at people new to IM:
        We may have different definitions of "new to IM". I think it's a bad idea to recommend that somebody who has absolutely no experience in IM and no understanding of marketing fundamentals go out and buy a gigantic high-ticket course like PLF. They will be overwhelmed and get very little out of it.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5835380].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Nightengale
          Originally Posted by SamJ View Post

          We may have different definitions of "new to IM". I think it's a bad idea to recommend that somebody who has absolutely no experience in IM and no understanding of marketing fundamentals go out and buy a gigantic high-ticket course like PLF. They will be overwhelmed and get very little out of it.
          I agree that it's not always wise for someone who's new to IM to buy a high-ticket product or program.

          But that statement depends on where the newbie is in his/her journey. Do they know what they want to do? Have they picked a niche and target market? What is their financial situation? Etc.

          Those decisions must be made before ANY IM product (expensive or not) will be of much use.

          BUT the fundamentals are EXACTLY what those courses teach, particularly the Online Success Blueprint and PLF.

          Price has absolutely NOTHING to do with what the product teaches (fundamentals).

          Saying a newbie shouldn't buy a product like PLF based strictly/primarily on price is positively ridiculous! The whole reason PLF and OSB command such are prices are:

          1. They're COMPREHENSIVE.

          No sorting through the bazillion puzzle pieces of IM on forums and search engines. These courses provide a comprehensive, step-by-step plan.

          2. They're TESTED and PROVEN.

          That's what you're paying for: a tested, proven SYSTEM, not a box of a million, jumbled puzzle pieces -- that will take you a LONG time to put together on your own.

          If you choose not to buy based on your financial situation (you really can't afford it) or you feel that you have other options which will serve you just as well or better, etc. then fine. Those are legitimate choices.

          But anyone who says newbies shouldn't buy a product like PLF solely/primarily because it's a large, expensive course has no comprehension of the monetary value of time and effort. Or they deliberately choose to ignore it.

          I know that the majority of the WF won't buy a product like PLF because of price. That's ok. That's why there's a market for lower-priced products and programs. That's true in every market.

          Just don't confuse a high price with not delivering value -- and in this case in particular, with not "teaching fundamentals." One has nothing to do with the other and the statement is ludicrous.

          Michelle
          Signature
          "You can't market here. This is a marketing discussion forum!"
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5835993].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Elmar
    Sean,

    Since your brand new I suggest you stay away from paid programs until you do some research in to what path to making money online you want to take, otherwise you will confuse yourself.

    Do a google search or sign up to some people's email lists. Just dont buy anything yet.

    There are unlimited resources online describing all the ways to make money online. Once you decide which one is right for you then you can purchase a step by step course that will guide you and teach you how to actually do it.

    If you start buying courses now then SEO, Social Media, Article Marketing, Adsence Sites, List building, Sales Funnels, WSO's will just confuse you into paralysis.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5834561].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author adammck
      Making mistakes is apart of the process... You just need to dive in and absorb as much as you can
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5834603].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Robert Michael
    Replying to the thread title, not the actual post:

    Sorry, but there is no way to avoid making mistakes 100% - which is also a good thing.

    You will LEARN from those mistakes. Doing something wrong doesnt mean you failed. You only fail if you give up.

    Now for a reply to the actual post:

    DONT give them $875 for "training"

    You can find all the information you could ever need to get started on these forums. Most of it is free - Other stuff you might have to pay for every now & again.

    BUT it damn sure wont cost almost 900 dollars.. lol
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5834633].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author David Sneen
    Whatever you get here at the forum, you can pay more for elsewhere. I am sure that you can spend your hard earned cash and quickly get answers at various spots on the web. I know, when I was a newbie, I wanted the answers now!!! I did not want to have to spend a few minutes to find them. With a little practice, you will become good at finding the right threads.

    Also, YahooAnswers is free. If you have a vexing question, you can post it there, and most get answered within a day.

    I will spend money when I need to, but...if I don't have to...finding them for free is actually more fun...you get the aha factor workin for you.
    Signature
    Providing content to get your business ranked...
    & SEO services to get you on page one!
    seoisbusinessadvertising.com
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5834657].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author kenboss
    I agree - one of the first and most common "NEWBIE MISTAKES" is spending large amounts of money on expensive 'training' programs. Some may be legit, but why gamble when, as has been said above, there are so many good training products on offer here for far less. There is also a LOT of free information if you spend enough time browsing the threads here, especially (but certainly not exclusively) The War Room.

    But you were also asking specifically about WSO's. WSO does indeed stand for Warrior Special Offer - if you go to the Warrior Forum and see the list of forums, "Warrior Special Offers" is near the top.

    WSO's come in the form of offers of training or services by fellow Warriors, and the stipulation is that they must be offered at a cheaper price here on this forum than what they would charge outside the forum.

    WSO's can range in price from as love as $5 right on up to $100's depending on the nature of the offer, and they vary in quality and value for money just like anything else. But just because it's cheap doesn't mean it's bad, however - fantastic bargains can be had.

    A couple of tips to help you avoid being burned:
    Each WSO has its own salesletter to pitch it, which may or may not be very convincing - but don't ever go by the salesletter alone. Scroll down through the thread and see the comments, and pay special attention to those comments or reviews offered by Warriors with large post counts, eg at least over 100, or even over 1000. Also observe whether the WSO seller is also contributing to the comments - answering questions and being generally helpful.

    Look for offers described as "newbie friendly" otherwise you may end up with something that is too advanced. And again, check the comments to see if that claim is backed up by those who have purchased it.

    The best advice is to get started on SOMETHING - there is no shortage of suggestions available for free here - and then just come on to this forum whenever you get stuck and ASK QUESTIONS. You've already noticed - a LOT of people do that. That's why this forum exists, and you will find that of immeasurable help.

    MOST of the time!!! (it never hurts to get a second opinion!!)

    All the best
    Ken
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5834749].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jamesrich1
    Empower offers

    $25 per month Viral blogging platform - Allows you to start with a already put together appealing blog that you can customize with your own pictures. Advantage of having this blog is that Empower Network is ranked 1,210 in Alexa ranking.

    That means that they are the top 1,210 website in the world. Your individual posts are page ranked zero but the overall strength of the blog allows easier ranking on Google if that is your thing.

    $100 per month - Inner circle training - This is a audio training with the elite Empower Network members giving their secrets away freely about how they created their success. How to methods, strategies and mind state all discussed. Top shelf marketers giving away secrets is worth above the listed price. Updated regularly. They have tons of audios already waiting for you when you get access.

    $500 Costa Rica Intensive - This course was originally charged at $2997 for the members that attended. It is David Wood, who makes $5,000 a day and other highly skilled marketers breaking down advanced marketing strategy.

    Things like: Building a funnel, paid advertising, viral strategies, recruiting and a lot more...

    $250 - $15 k Formula - In this product you get access to 6 webinars which talk in extreme detail about paid traffic (offline and online) and many technical barriers that many marketers face.

    Empower offers 100% commissions through the full funnel. You can come in at the low level of $25 and upgrade later. PM me for more details if you want a tour of the back office, want the free 8 day bootcamp or have any other questions. I am a member but I never try to hard sell anyone.

    This is no pyramid its a legitimate business. If you know anything about David Wood you will know that he is a legit marketer who really cares about helping his fellow marketer. In the last 4 months 18,000 members have become a part of Empower.

    Even if you did not want to promote it the products have incredible training. I have bought a lot of programs in the past and I was highly impressed with the training. That is my 2 cents.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5834897].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author getprofits
    Just don't buy too many and get overwhelmed - create a flow chart of your path to making money then get a couple courses that will help you achieve this. A lot of stuff to learn and lots of it can be free or minimal charge.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5834907].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author paul_1
    It all depends on you and how you work on it. As long as you will do everything to make it work then any tools or products you associate yourself into will be a success.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5834953].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ImHot
    You know who really contributes to the web?? Programmers, developers, site creators. They are the visionaries. These marketing guys, if you had to compare them to the web guys - fall short of value. You ARE getting the short end of the stick. Use your coding abilities to create something great, and learn about marketing also.
    Signature

    Epic Direct is the WORST CPA network. They have screwed their affiliates by not paying out commissions that are as much as 6 months due! Join the Facebook page and support the affiliate community:
    Epic Direct Advertising Not Paying Publishers

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5834966].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author SeanIsWinning
    Thank you everyone for all to info so far!!

    Let me clarify a few things, I have been looking and considering things for over a month now, and I AM in a state of paralysis by analysis... I am looking for a direction to put all of this knowledge towards. As it is, I have 3 twitter accounts all with over 800 followers, but no idea how or what to market to them... I have an e-mail list of ~30 ish people, but no idea what to be sending them in my auto-responder... I have a bunch of partial info.... lol.

    SamJ and Whos that Guru - Thank you for your advice! I will avoid spending that money for now! Til I am more informed!

    Elmar, I have already subscribed to some lists that I liked to get some good examples. but most of them have their own product... well, I am not sure how to go about making a product... That is where I am stuck with that... Though I do appreciate all of your advice thus far!!

    David Sneen, thanks, do you have and pointers on finding good threads? The Seach features on forums leave a LOT to be desired in my opinion. Not to mention, I seem to be drawing a blank on what to even search for.

    kenboss, thank you thank you thank you for such and in depth reply!! I will deffinitely have to check out some WSOs in a few. But one quick question, in your experience, what is a good model to start with for newbies? Building capture pages and driving traffic, to sell affiliate offers too? Putting up "sniper" niche sales pages? etc? I have no idea, I hear of all these good ideas, but I don't know what works and what is just hype to sell a bogus product...

    Thank you soo soo much everyone for the responses thus far!!!

    Sean
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5834967].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author tpw
    I learned more from my mistakes than my successes.
    Signature
    Bill Platt, Oklahoma USA, PlattPublishing.com
    Publish Coloring Books for Profit (WSOTD 7-30-2015)
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5835054].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Randall Magwood
    You can either learn via trial and error, or find a good course out there that will help you the process from A-Z. Although... trial and error is the best teacher.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5835117].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author bighostchennai
    Lot of quality training material available at warrior special, you buy it instead...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5835153].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Malikl
    I am a newbie and thank you so much everyone its a pleasure learning from all. Humbly this newbie
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5835168].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author SeanIsWinning
    Nightengale - Wow, thank you soo much for that, I would love to pick your brain some more, though as I am new to the forums it appears I cant PM you. Is there any other way we can chat 1 on 1?

    Jamesrich1 - That was quite informative, thank you. I would love you pick your brain as well, 1 on 1, but again cant PM so if there is any other way we can chat let me know.

    GetProphits and paul_1 - Thank you, for the tips

    ImHot - Can I dont suppose you have any ideas on what I can do to put them to use?? -.- lol sorry. Thank you for the compliment though. I just feel overwhelmed.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5835178].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Jill Carpenter
      Originally Posted by Whos That Guru View Post

      Replying to the thread title, not the actual post:

      Sorry, but there is no way to avoid making mistakes 100% - which is also a good thing.
      Yes - Fail, and fail FAST!


      Originally Posted by SeanIsWinning View Post

      Thank you everyone for all to info so far!!

      Let me clarify a few things, I have been looking and considering things for over a month now, and I AM in a state of paralysis by analysis... I am looking for a direction to put all of this knowledge towards. As it is, I have 3 twitter accounts all with over 800 followers, but no idea how or what to market to them... I have an e-mail list of ~30 ish people, but no idea what to be sending them in my auto-responder... I have a bunch of partial info.... lol.

      SamJ and Whos that Guru - Thank you for your advice! I will avoid spending that money for now! Til I am more informed!

      Elmar, I have already subscribed to some lists that I liked to get some good examples. but most of them have their own product... well, I am not sure how to go about making a product... That is where I am stuck with that... Though I do appreciate all of your advice thus far!!

      David Sneen, thanks, do you have and pointers on finding good threads? The Seach features on forums leave a LOT to be desired in my opinion. Not to mention, I seem to be drawing a blank on what to even search for.

      kenboss, thank you thank you thank you for such and in depth reply!! I will deffinitely have to check out some WSOs in a few. But one quick question, in your experience, what is a good model to start with for newbies? Building capture pages and driving traffic, to sell affiliate offers too? Putting up "sniper" niche sales pages? etc? I have no idea, I hear of all these good ideas, but I don't know what works and what is just hype to sell a bogus product...

      Thank you soo soo much everyone for the responses thus far!!!

      Sean
      Ok, forget what you have. You can chalk it up to experiments.

      The formula is very simple.

      You ready?

      Step 1. Find a starving crowd.
      Step 2. Feed them what they want.
      Step 3. Rinse and repeat.

      That's it!

      If you had no kind of real focus on what crowd you were attracting when you were building that list,
      As it is, I have 3 twitter accounts all with over 800 followers, but no idea how or what to market to them...
      you will have no idea what you should be selling them.

      Forget about all the technical stuff for a moment - because you may not even need a lot of it. Certain niches have a best way to monetize. Some may not even require a twitter account.

      Take a day or two, and look at what everyone is selling. You need to decide on a niche. And no - I'm not suggesting you should sell more MMO stuff like what you see in this forum.

      There are so many different things you can sell online, so find something you have some kind of interest in.

      Next step is to determine where the money is in that particular niche. How do people selling TV's online (for example) do it? Do they dropship? Do they all sell through amazon? Do they do it with CPA?

      Find the niche (with a hungry crowd), find what they are looking to buy, and figure out the best way to deliver that.

      No more analysis either. No product making until you decide on a niche.

      Don't take on too many projects in one shot. Stick to ONE thing. Put on the horse blinders and stick with it. Give it a good amount of time and come in and ask questions when you get stuck.

      Try to envision things as far as you can with your niche and goals. Set goals for what you want to get done and do them.

      If you want to spend money, I will recommend you get a War room membership - and do this before you buy any WSO's.
      Signature

      "May I have ten thousand marbles, please?"

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5835308].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Nightengale
      Originally Posted by SeanIsWinning View Post

      Nightengale - Wow, thank you soo much for that, I would love to pick your brain some more, though as I am new to the forums it appears I cant PM you. Is there any other way we can chat 1 on 1?
      I sent you a PM. Let me know if you can reply or not.

      Michelle
      Signature
      "You can't market here. This is a marketing discussion forum!"
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5836503].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Usmile
    Don't go for things which are you are not sure of. Use your skills and build your own. You've got the talent, all you have to do is to make the most of it. Do what you like, after all it's your own choice that matters. Make no room for regrets.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5835312].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jamesrich1
    In my signature it will take you to one of my websites. At the bottom I have a contact page and it has my email. Send me a email. I have a skype account as well. I am always open to communicating with another dedicated marketer.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5835353].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Giko
    You can start your own online business with less than $875. That includes domain, web hosting and all the tools you need to be successful online….and still have some cash left for paid advertising to start with. Enough to run your business from a single good content site for a whole year

    The fact that you love writing, you can almost guranteed to win any niche you choose. You just need to find the right road to drive on...steady and smooth

    My little advice is this;

    Don't look for a product, program or anything to promote. There is a better starting point for you with all that talent you already have. Use it to create good content to serve those who needs it!

    Don't worry about making money from it...yet! Monetizing your traffic is the easiest part for any online business....it really is!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5835434].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author SeanIsWinning
      Originally Posted by Giko View Post


      The fact that you love writing, you can almost guranteed to win any niche you choose. You just need to find the right road to drive on...steady and smooth

      My little advice is this;

      Don't look for a product, program or anything to promote. There is a better starting point for you with all that talent you already have. Use it to create good content to serve those who needs it!
      Giko, thank you! Is there any way that we can exchange contact info? I would love to be able to chat with you briefly either via email or skype!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5836225].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author lingmag
    Market your skills first: people will pay you to write for them or use your tech skills. As a matter of fact, there's a section on the forum of marketers looking to hire. Build up capital to then invest in setting up your IM business.

    As others have stated, you need to pick a niche (what do you want to sell and to whom) and then work out the mechanics of laying out the system: blog, website, squeeze pages, auto responder, etc.

    Do not go buying any products yet. Start looking for reputable mentors/trainers and save up for some good training.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5835920].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author vivi62
    I would recomend that you take advantage of the free training blogs that a lot of the warriors run,try to focus on one thing at a time.
    Regards
    vivi62
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5835948].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author morecontacts
    Hi Sean - quick reply for you.... I'm sending you to this link because it will provide you with excellent up-to-date advice and information for zero cost. In addition visit the link in my signature - also free - which is where I you can soon enjoy getting paid every day. (I'll help you)
    Signature

    Advertiziers need traffic - Get paid for generating it!

    CLICK HERE - Sign up for free to Learn How to get started from as little as nothing down!

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5836169].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author SeanIsWinning
    Seriously thank you everyone that has responded! I will put my brain to the forge so to speak, and see what I can come up with! Will post back with my progress!

    Goodnight all!

    Sean
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5836232].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mrmike487
    I started several months ago and have learned alot. I am now venturing into the world of solo ads. I notice alot of people have a free offer to give to subscribers. I do have something to give away. It is a training course on how to make money on Craigslist. My fear is that this free offer will take away from what I am really trying to market. Also how do I incorporate the free offer into the capture page? How does that work more or less? Do they opt in and then aweber automatically sends them the free offer? I want to do this correct. I haven't gotten an aweber account yet and still need a capture page. Any suggestions would really help.

    Thank you

    New and struggling beginner.

    Michael Hubbs
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5841662].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author PhilB
      Originally Posted by mrmike487 View Post

      I started several months ago and have learned alot. I am now venturing into the world of solo ads. I notice alot of people have a free offer to give to subscribers. I do have something to give away. It is a training course on how to make money on Craigslist. My fear is that this free offer will take away from what I am really trying to market. Also how do I incorporate the free offer into the capture page? How does that work more or less? Do they opt in and then aweber automatically sends them the free offer? I want to do this correct. I haven't gotten an aweber account yet and still need a capture page. Any suggestions would really help.

      Thank you

      New and struggling beginner.

      Michael Hubbs
      Hi Michael,

      In terms of your free offer taking away from what you're really trying to market -just make sure the free and paid offers are at least in the same niche and as related as possible - giving more detail/ better systems in the paid offers and upsells.

      Give as much value up front as you can to build a bond with your subscribers too.

      In terms of delivering your freebie - I can see a couple of ways. 1) Upload your freebie to your server, get its URL then just put it in your first aweber auto responder message 2) and once subs have confirmed you can have links to the freebies on the confirmation page.

      I hope that helps?
      Signature

      Like Potentially Thousands of Forex, Trading and Binaries Subscribers? (Free)
      $2000 in Total Prizes (Free)
      See all inside: http://www.tradinggiveaway.com/contributors.html
      Already 325,000 subscribers will be emailed about this Trading Giveaway event -- all potentially prospects for your list...

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5878378].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author concept65
    Sean,

    I am a member of Empower and I'll tell you straight up, ....its well worth the price. 1. Because the information is first rate, ...and much better than other systems I've purchased. And more importantly, 2. ...You can only make sales from products that you have purchased yourself. ...I hesitated to buy the Cosa Rica Intensive, ..and lost 2 sales to pass ups before I wized up. These guys are different (Empower) and all of us a part of a movement. I provide my team with a customized landing page and multi page site for their customers, ...access to thousands of IM niche products and training...and anything else I (and my elite members) can do to help them succeed. Is it worth it? ...For me...12K in two months and I'm only just getting started. But then...its all in the effort (time and money) you put in. If you have any questions....feel free to ask. Take care-Alllen
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5891418].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author CDarklock
    Originally Posted by SeanIsWinning View Post

    He joined a company called Empower Network...
    Empower Network is an MLM company.

    Most people here don't like MLM.

    Those who do are generally in MLM themselves and will try to sell you more MLM crap.

    Which is why most people here don't like MLM.

    In general, MLM works in one of three ways.

    1. You spam the crap out of people and make money on sheer volume. This basically makes you scum, but it's not the MLM program's fault.

    2. You join a buttload of MLM networks and make money by having "something for everyone." This is perfectly ethical and legit.

    3. You sell MLM itself instead of anything from any particular network, usually in the form of coaching. This can be either scummy or legit, but again that's your doing and not the program's.

    There is a final way that MLM doesn't work at all, which is:

    4. The MLM company is run by crooks who have no intention of making any money for anyone except themselves, so they will bugger off and declare bankruptcy once they pass peak profitability.

    It's not easy to spot situation (4), but a good indicator is how much the network charges to join.

    If it charges nothing or next to nothing, chances are good that it's not run by crooks.

    If it charges hundreds or thousands of dollars, plus you have to buy minimum amounts of product, plus you have to get marketing materials direct from them, plus you have to pay this and you have to buy that and you have to subscribe to these... well, that's a lot more likely to be a scam, and you should do some research.

    Empower network seems legit to me with a cursory examination (I'm not a member, but I know a few). It doesn't raise any warning signs to me, and it looks like you have as good a chance with them as with any other MLM system I've seen. But - again - do your own research, and bear in mind that the ultimate responsibility for being ethical rests with you.
    Signature
    "The Golden Town is the Golden Town no longer. They have sold their pillars for brass and their temples for money, they have made coins out of their golden doors. It is become a dark town full of trouble, there is no ease in its streets, beauty has left it and the old songs are gone." - Lord Dunsany, The Messengers
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5891512].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author absoluteallen
      If it is an MLM opportunity, is it a ground floor opportunity? That's what they all claim.

      If you are good at programming websites/blogs, why not try your hand at freelancing? My sister freelances her programming ability creating websites at her local bank in Phoenix, AZ.

      My girlfriends brother in law makes over $80,000 a year freelancing his designs to a company in Florida, from Ohio.

      There are many people online that will pay you a pretty nice sum of cash to do all the technical work in order to get their website up and running.

      I remember when I lived In Columbus, OH.. worked as a computer salesman; I had a client tell me how he created a $30,000 fitness website for a local company. He drove a Porsche so who was I to disagree.

      If you can program websites, who needs MLM? You are more sought after than I am being a freelance writer and you will get paid very well.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5891564].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author dannygnenerate
      Originally Posted by CDarklock View Post

      Empower Network is an MLM company.

      Most people here don't like MLM.

      Those who do are generally in MLM themselves and will try to sell you more MLM crap.

      Which is why most people here don't like MLM.

      In general, MLM works in one of three ways.

      1. You spam the crap out of people and make money on sheer volume. This basically makes you scum, but it's not the MLM program's fault.

      2. You join a buttload of MLM networks and make money by having "something for everyone." This is perfectly ethical and legit.

      3. You sell MLM itself instead of anything from any particular network, usually in the form of coaching. This can be either scummy or legit, but again that's your doing and not the program's.

      There is a final way that MLM doesn't work at all, which is:

      4. The MLM company is run by crooks who have no intention of making any money for anyone except themselves, so they will bugger off and declare bankruptcy once they pass peak profitability.

      It's not easy to spot situation (4), but a good indicator is how much the network charges to join.

      If it charges nothing or next to nothing, chances are good that it's not run by crooks.

      If it charges hundreds or thousands of dollars, plus you have to buy minimum amounts of product, plus you have to get marketing materials direct from them, plus you have to pay this and you have to buy that and you have to subscribe to these... well, that's a lot more likely to be a scam, and you should do some research.

      Empower network seems legit to me with a cursory examination (I'm not a member, but I know a few). It doesn't raise any warning signs to me, and it looks like you have as good a chance with them as with any other MLM system I've seen. But - again - do your own research, and bear in mind that the ultimate responsibility for being ethical rests with you.
      I'm not the one who will tell you to join a mlm program but what I've learned in my life is when you become a part of something it's just for the experience. I'd recommend you stay away from Multi-Level-Marketing unless... You were getting into it to get a feel for the structure to see how it's ran, in order to make your own.

      Don't be apart of a business that's not your own. Look at the concepts and methods that makes success and use it as a structure to your own model... Remember "structure", any building can be improved if you understand the foundation on which it was built.
      Signature

      "How To Get Clients Begging To Pay For Your Services... And Close More Deals FAST!" Get Clients Now

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5892996].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author dannygnenerate
    I love coming on here and seeing such knowledgeable posts. Reminds me when I fist started out, lost... and everything was so appealing. You're on a good path and the Warrior Forum is the place to start. Just don't get wrapped into too much information as they are sometimes just different perspectives of the same method which could be very conflicting to a new marketer. And as we all know the contrast of true hands on experience is the conduit to success. Listen closely to what Nightengale has said, this is a true guideline and especially don't forget focus. Working on too many projects at the same time leads to everything being incomplete.

    Kudos and Good Luck.
    Signature

    "How To Get Clients Begging To Pay For Your Services... And Close More Deals FAST!" Get Clients Now

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5892951].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author HTG
    Nope, wasn't 'worried' about it at all, just questioned how it could still be advertised as 100% commission... and was attacked for that. All in all it seemed a bit shady for numerous other reasons as well, that was just the icing on the cake for me.

    I was simply interested in the prog for it's SEO potential for my own website. But when it unfolded into a somewhat 'pyrimidal' shape, I took a step back and looked at the bigger picture there. With off shore owners, and all the problems with payment processors dropping them like flies, a buggy blog platform that consistently failed to update pages, took forever to load, was splashed with phoney advertising (chuck norris, ice ninjas, he-man and skeletor... I mean really) I realized that it wasn't what I was looking for.

    Hey thanx for pointing out what 25 x 1000 is tho ;-)

    Jay.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5899423].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author PeteTheMonetizer
      Originally Posted by HTG View Post

      Nope, wasn't 'worried' about it at all, just questioned how it could still be advertised as 100% commission... and was attacked for that. All in all it seemed a bit shady for numerous other reasons as well, that was just the icing on the cake for me.

      I was simply interested in the prog for it's SEO potential for my own website. But when it unfolded into a somewhat 'pyrimidal' shape, I took a step back and looked at the bigger picture there. With off shore owners, and all the problems with payment processors dropping them like flies, a buggy blog platform that consistently failed to update pages, took forever to load, was splashed with phoney advertising (chuck norris, ice ninjas, he-man and skeletor... I mean really) I realized that it wasn't what I was looking for.

      Hey thanx for pointing out what 25 x 1000 is tho ;-)

      Jay.
      Isn't EVERY single organization known to man 'pyrimidal' in shape though?

      Think about it.

      You work a job, isn't there a manager above you? And people above him?

      The government is a pyramid going to a peak, the banking system is a pyramid going to a peak, the multinational corporations are pyramids going to a peak.

      Also, it is 100% commissions minus the merchant fees, which every single major business on earth has to pay.

      It's like how Paypal has processing fees.

      But anyways, it seems like you purchased their blogging system just to blog and not be an affiliate anyways.

      So if you put no effort into getting customers to earn your residual income, how can you complain about the compensation plan?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5902374].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author cwilliams6009
    As far as getting started, I really like the free video series at www.minisiteprofitsexposed.com. give it a try
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5899482].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author HTG
    Hey Sean I see your in Thornton, right down the road from me. Always cool to run into someone local crawling the web.

    Jay.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5899595].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Birdi
      the fact that you already have 2 main skills:

      1. you enjoy writing

      2. you design websites and are good technically with wordpress

      those skills that you have already you can offer them as services for other people in this forum, and out of the forum for a price

      also this forum is great for starting out, and learning people here certainly give sound advice. War room is good for picking up good information.

      to get started those 2 services you can offer, or you could go the route of picking 1 niche and start building a list which is very important in this business.

      but plenty of people here to help wont take you long to get started

      birdi
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5902993].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author HTG
    Hey I said my piece, which I believe is what the OP asked for.

    You trying to sell me a program that I already left is like trying to sell handcuffs to an inmate... he doesn't want em.

    Guess we'll have to agree to disagree. GL to ya tho.

    Jay.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5902904].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author PeteTheMonetizer
      Originally Posted by HTG View Post

      Hey I said my piece, which I believe is what the OP asked for.

      You trying to sell me a program that I already left is like trying to sell handcuffs to an inmate... he doesn't want em.

      Guess we'll have to agree to disagree. GL to ya tho.

      Jay.
      I'm not trying to sell you anything at all.

      I'm not even affiliated with empower yet, I've simply read their 14 page compensation plan and watched all of their videos.

      I'll agree with you that the blogging system probably isn't the best, empower network, from what I've gathered, is more about being an affiliate and selling the products rather than being a customer and simply using them.

      Thank you though, good luck to you as well man.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5902960].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author UncleDearest
    I believe Empower is a MLM type network. Legitimate, yes, but practical for a newbie or worth the money? Probably not. MLM is a tough nut to crack and not for everyone, although it can be very lucrative if it's your thing. (That being, constantly hiring new people to recruit new people!) You've got a TON more skill than I had starting out, and if I can make money online, anyone can! lol. I say forget about your "buddy" and start reading and implementing your own stuff.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5902953].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author PeteTheMonetizer
      Originally Posted by UncleDearest View Post

      I believe Empower is a MLM type network. Legitimate, yes, but practical for a newbie or worth the money? Probably not. MLM is a tough nut to crack and not for everyone, although it can be very lucrative if it's your thing. (That being, constantly hiring new people to recruit new people!) You've got a TON more skill than I had starting out, and if I can make money online, anyone can! lol. I say forget about your "buddy" and start reading and implementing your own stuff.
      Money is only made from empower off of the products though not recruiting.

      Then, once you get customers they can choose to become an affiliate as well and sell the products and they will become a part of your down line.

      So, in essence, the only thing that needs to be done is to send targeted traffic to the capture page they supply you with and it does all of the selling for you.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5902975].message }}

Trending Topics