I have been working on setting up my internet business now for just over 2 years. I had never even heard of an ebook in 2006. I was using frontpage to update my work website and that was all.
Having watched and listened for these 2 years I have learned that there are many ways of making money online. I have also taken action.
Such has been the fury of activity on my computer I now have 20+ websites up and running. They are all making some level of income.
Here is what I have done online in those 2 years
- I have written about 1500 articles for my websites and for article directories.
- Other warrior forum members have commissioned me to write articles for them.
- Created 18 blogs on various topics including 15 that I know nothing about (I will not do that again)
- Created 3 html based websites on niches that interest me.
- Written 4 ebooks
- Recorded a 10 video training series.
- Placed a further 40 videos on youtube that point back to my niche websites.
- Created 2 lists of subscribers
- set up aweber autoresponder series of emails to my subscribers on the 2 lists
- Joined a number of membership websites that provide training and resources to help me improve my business.
This is quite incredible to review my progress and yet something that "Allen Says" posted got me thinking.
He made a post in the private forum about creating your own products versus affiliate marketing. I realised that I make the most money from my own products. Sure, it's great to get the adsense commissions and affiliate payments but in pure £ for £ (or $ for $) comparison it is my own products that make the money.
I am not making a full time income yet but I now know that creating my own products must be my main focus from now on. This discovery will help me increase my online income hugely in 2009.
If you have been a newbie for too long why don't you review where you are and what works for you. Then make that your main focus of work and attention.