Marketing A Flippa Auction

19 replies
Hey guys,

I just put a site up for auction and I'm looking to do a bit of marketing for it to make sure as many folks know about as possible.

For using the Warrior Forum, would I have to post a WSO or would it be the "websites for sale" thread I would post in.

Unsure if the "websites for sale" thread is for private sales that's not using Flippa or any other marketplace.

At the moment I'm going through other sites in similar markets and sending out emails to let them know about the auction and sending them over to see what's on offer.

So replies to the thread won't be done instantly, but I'll be watching and I'll be back in ASAP.

Would appreciate the feedback on where to list a Flippa auction inside the Warrior Forum, as I'm sure that there's folks here interested in buying sites here.

Just find the forum hard to know where to post and I certainly don't want to be getting into bother for starting a thread in the wrong area.

Any and all feedback appreciated.

Robert
#auction #flippa #marketing
  • Profile picture of the author linkinlinkout
    Hello Robert,

    The usual Twitter, Stumbleupon, Facebook should do it.

    I sell a lot on there and don't do any extra marketing as it doesnt warrant my time as I would rather spend that time knocking up a site to sell

    Wait till you get some bids then pay for the $50 upgrade to get frontpage - if you're selling a great site it will be seen by tons more people that way towards the end of your auction.

    Good luck
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5872593].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Robbie B
    Thanks mate.

    I've not done anything with FaceBook or Twitter. I'll go around and social bookmark it. I didn't think the extra bump would help it. It's only doing an average $20 a month, however it is consistent.

    Depending it's momentum it might be worth it to do that, running up to the end of the auction.

    Looking to get the eyeballs onto the auction and hopefully get it into the most active category on Flippa.

    Thanks for the tips.
    Robert
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5872648].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author linkinlinkout
    No worries - I am making all my income on flippa right now
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5873449].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Robbie B
      Originally Posted by linkinlinkout View Post

      No worries - I am making all my income on flippa right now
      Cool stuff. It seems to be something to get stuck into. I've heard of folks who only buy sites up and sell them on for more.

      Glad it's working for ya.

      Robert
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5873471].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author candres79
    I usually just spread the word around social media like linkinlinkout said.

    Honestly I really haven't done too much to promote the listing I have sold on Flippa, There are already a ton of people on there. If your site is good and your listing is well laid out you shouldn't have to much of a problem.

    I sell sites on Flippa part time and have made around 2k off about 10 sites I think. Most of these are sites that only took me about a week or so to put together though. There is a pretty good WSO about selling on flippa... if you do a search you can probably find it. It has some solid info in there, it helped me out alot when I first started listing. If you want you can send me a PM and I can help you out... you can also find me on Flippa... same username as here on WF
    Signature

    Regards,
    Candres
    Powerful Internet MarketingPowerful Internet Maketing

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5873562].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Robbie B
      Thanks Candres,

      I'm in the process of going back through the video tutorials by Ryan Moran of Lump Sum Profits. The sites been up from this morning and brought in 4 bids, so I'm not as nervous as I was earlier.

      Here's hoping it picks up some more momentum as it comes to the end of the auction.

      I'll need to get really clued up on using Flippa as it feels like I'm leaving money sitting on the table.

      Besides, with the amount of sites I have that are just left doing nothing, now that I know any consistent revenue is adding value for a flip, it's certainly worth working on them part time for an extra payday every once in a while.

      Thanks
      Robert


      Originally Posted by candres79 View Post

      I usually just spread the word around social media like linkinlinkout said.

      Honestly I really haven't done too much to promote the listing I have sold on Flippa, There are already a ton of people on there. If your site is good and your listing is well laid out you shouldn't have to much of a problem.

      I sell sites on Flippa part time and have made around 2k off about 10 sites I think. Most of these are sites that only took me about a week or so to put together though. There is a pretty good WSO about selling on flippa... if you do a search you can probably find it. It has some solid info in there, it helped me out alot when I first started listing. If you want you can send me a PM and I can help you out... you can also find me on Flippa... same username as here on WF
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5873630].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Lyfe Lyte
    I sell on flippa also..great way to get yourself to around $5-$10k monthly if you keep at it and learn what works....agree also that just by listing on flippa alone..you can get leads coming and sales.... so if your going their fulltime....perhaps just test the flippa traffic for yourself...no use spending time in forums etc if there is already enough traffic and your getting sales...good luck
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5877659].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Robbie B
    I'm finding that. Got up this morning and there's another couple of folks coming in and putting bids in. So it's got off to a good start.

    I was under the impression that once you listed it, you'd get the traffic from being on the front page and the new listings, then it would fade and the auction would be lost with the size of the Flippa market.

    It's obviously being found somewhere though.

    It's all good.

    All the best and thanks guys

    Robert
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5878486].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author candres79
    Well your listing is going to show up at the end of it's run too. If people click on the "ending Soon" tab!

    So you will get more exposure then as well. I have found that If you start your listing out low $10-$20 range is usually what I start mine at... that you will get alot more bidders on it.

    before I make a site to flip i check the "Just Sold" tab in Flippa. From there you can see what type of sites and niches are selling right now. Another thing you can do is go to the "Browse" tab, and then click "Browse All"... https://flippa.com/tags/niche

    This will tell you stats for all categories... basically showing you what is most popular. you can look at how many active listings in each category, how many sold, how many people watching, etc...

    I have found that the most popular niche on Flippa at least is the health niche. I have sold quite a few health sites that literally took me a few hours to build!
    Signature

    Regards,
    Candres
    Powerful Internet MarketingPowerful Internet Maketing

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5880817].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Robbie B
      That's great information there. Thanks. I'll be baring that in mind when I'm setting up sites to sell.

      Check the marketplace for the popular topics, to take out any guesswork.

      Thanks for the tips.

      Robert

      Originally Posted by candres79 View Post

      Well your listing is going to show up at the end of it's run too. If people click on the "ending Soon" tab!

      So you will get more exposure then as well. I have found that If you start your listing out low $10-$20 range is usually what I start mine at... that you will get alot more bidders on it.

      before I make a site to flip i check the "Just Sold" tab in Flippa. From there you can see what type of sites and niches are selling right now. Another thing you can do is go to the "Browse" tab, and then click "Browse All"... https://flippa.com/tags/niche

      This will tell you stats for all categories... basically showing you what is most popular. you can look at how many active listings in each category, how many sold, how many people watching, etc...

      I have found that the most popular niche on Flippa at least is the health niche. I have sold quite a few health sites that literally took me a few hours to build!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5886439].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author PaulAlan
    You've just reminded me that I was gonna list a few of my sites on Flippa the other week?

    I totally forgot!

    Heading over there now and listing them.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5886758].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ldiaz117
    I have 2 sites listed now. I don't promote them and hey usually sell anyway
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5887500].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Inglorious
    If you are not good at flippa, you can contact brokers. Normally they charge 10%
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5888585].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author sbucciarel
    Banned
    You can list it in Complete Sites for Sale in WF and you can also put a link to it in your signature (just remove it when the auction is done).
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5889135].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jarkody
    This was a very helpful thread. I just listed my first domain on Flippa and I was extremely nervous but this thread calmed me down a bit lol. I think I will get the $50 upgrade once I get some bids going.

    I really want to make a youtube video with just pictures with text and some music maybe but I have no clue how to do it. I'm researching now to figure out how.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6086791].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author successproducts
    @Jarkody you can create youtube really easy by taking pictures of course of your site
    and you can do it with tons of free software online. I use microsoft movie maker program and it's so fast and easy. at the end, it will upload to youtube for you.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6086829].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Tadresources
    I think just doing the regular old stuff should be sufficient, though I don't bother since the site is already so heavily populated.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6086840].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Borja Obeso
    Originally Posted by Robbie B View Post

    Hey guys,

    I just put a site up for auction and I'm looking to do a bit of marketing for it to make sure as many folks know about as possible.

    For using the Warrior Forum, would I have to post a WSO or would it be the "websites for sale" thread I would post in.

    Unsure if the "websites for sale" thread is for private sales that's not using Flippa or any other marketplace.

    At the moment I'm going through other sites in similar markets and sending out emails to let them know about the auction and sending them over to see what's on offer.

    So replies to the thread won't be done instantly, but I'll be watching and I'll be back in ASAP.

    Would appreciate the feedback on where to list a Flippa auction inside the Warrior Forum, as I'm sure that there's folks here interested in buying sites here.

    Just find the forum hard to know where to post and I certainly don't want to be getting into bother for starting a thread in the wrong area.

    Any and all feedback appreciated.

    Robert
    You can publish you site for free on this cool Facebook page called websites markets. It has a pretty decent amount of followers, also try twitter or build up a list.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6640292].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author OLechat
    Welcome to Flippa! There are a few lesser-known ways to promote your listing. You may want to try:
    - Letting your business network, LinkedIn groups, niche networks and colleagues know about your auction.
    - If yours is a subscriber site, letting your users know about the sale.
    - If you have high-profile competitors and you're leaving that niche, try emailing them to see if they'd be interested in buying the site.

    As for promoting within Flippa, your best bet is to add all relevant information to your listing, including Verified AdSense and Analytics. Since users typically refine their search through our advanced search, they can filter out sites which don't have verified stats. Verifying yours gives you extra visibility.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6642093].message }}

Trending Topics