My Top 5 Traffic Sources for Beginners

69 replies
Hi guys!

I wanted to share with you today some useful ways to drive targeted traffic into your websites...
As you may know already, there are tons of methods to do this job, but some could work better than others, and in this case in particular, I will point only the best traffic sources I found for newcomers and people that is starting in this business...

The problem here is that it is not easy at all to drive traffic to your website being a newbie, there are many things that you will be learning while you do it, trial and error like I use to say...
But if you focus on some methods and stick working on them, you can't fail and in time you will see your effort payed off.
So... let's get our hands dirty, shall we? Time to catch that traffic!



Forum Marketing:

If you are just starting, this is the best method ever. It's really easy to do, but it requires time and patience before you see some consistent response from the audience.
Here you only need to subscribe to forums related to your niche, and place your link of whatever you are selling/promoting with some catchy phrases that attract people's attention in your user signature.
I will point some things that are important in this traffic method, please read carefully:


1) Read the TOS before joining... I know many people don't do this, and that's the reason many of them get banned. Some forums have specific restriction for Internet Marketing, and you should know them before you start posting there. If you find a forum that doesn't allow signatures, just move to the next one.

2) Build your name with the community... You will be a newbie in the forum, nobody knows you, so it's quite important that you start getting to know your audience, post regularly, ask questions, answer them if you can. In time people will identify your brand with you, and you will begin to get recommendations and better traffic response.

There are two types of posts that you should make while using this traffic source... one is replying to users questions, adding value to the forum through your opinions. And the other is creating new topics with relevant and useful information.

The second option will be the most catchy for your audience, but for starters it will be more time consuming, just because you don't know much about the business yet...
But hey, if you are serious about what you are doing here, in time you will learn lots of things that will allow you to add value to your brand and you will make a professional name for yourself.

3) Be nice to the members, and most important of all, have FUN!
If possible never engage with other members, always show a smile, be positive and stay in tune with the community. Share off-topic information in time to time, make people laugh. I assure you this TIP is key in order to make people know you faster. This is not like a full-time job where you lower your head and say "Yes, boss....", you have the opportunity to be yourself here, so take advantage of that and enjoy your work!.







Article Marketing:

This method is more time consuming and will require you to have some basic knowledge in the business first...
You can submit articles to Article Directories and you will have the opportunity to appear in the first page of Google searches. Why, you might be asking? Just because these Article Directories have a good Page Rank and a well researched keyword will allow you to get organic traffic into your website by appearing in the first page.

Before you start submitting any article, I would recommend that you learn the basics about Keywords and how to use them in Articles first. I won't point that here because it's not the aim of this guide. Just make a Google search and you will find a lot of information about this.

A key thing in this traffic source is to have a perfect grammar, show value using your personality, but write your articles properly because people are not attracted to poorly written articles. If you are not that good at writing, then it is a good opportunity to improve those skills for yourself. You will need them anyway because in this business you have to write a lot hahaha.
There are tons of Article Directories, so I will point just a few:


1) http://www.ezinearticles.com/
2) Squidoo : Welcome to Squidoo
3) HubPages
4) Free Articles Directory | Submit Articles - ArticlesBase.com
5) eHow | How to Videos, Articles & More - Discover the expert in you. | eHow.com

Be sure to take a look to eHow, a fantastic website to write step-by-step tutorials, written as articles. It's very friendly and easy to use.
Each of the above have different systems to work with your articles, but the overall idea is the same for all of them.



Guest Posts:

This traffic source is very powerful and will drive a huge amount of visitors to your webpages, but you will have to invest time researching Blogs related to your niche.
The idea here is to create a nice and unique article, that you will send to a high populated blog related to your niche. There are plenty of blogs that accept Guest Posts, but each of them have their rules that you must follow, else they will reject your article...
Some of these rules are listed below:

  • Your article needs to be unique. This article has to be made only for this guest post and you can't use it anywhere else. Duplicated Content is forbidden among bloggers.
  • No affiliate links are allowed within your article content. You can't promote/sell a particular product with a guest post. But you CAN place a link to your Squeeze Page or Blog, so you will be able to drive the visitors into your website.
  • Good grammar and perfect orthography. This is a must, same as Article Marketing you must write properly.

The idea behind a Guest Post is to get right to your fellow blogger's audience... so it's a win-win situation, he will have a high quality article to post in his Blog, and you will promote your business right to his visitors.
If you want to find Blogs that allow people to guest post, go to Google and make a search with the following line:
"guest post by" + <Your Niche>
for example: "guest post by" + "Internet Marketing"
All the search results will be blogs that allow people to make guest posts. You can do a fantastic research through this method. Get ideas about how people write and what do they write using this traffic source.



Guest Commenting

Similar to Guest Posts, but instead of submitting new and fresh articles to these blogs, you will Comment on existing Posts.

I would say this traffic source method is the easiest of all, and very interesting as well because it requires blog research seeking websites with high traffic, and good Posts where you feel identified and can add value with a single comment. With this method, you will learn a lot about your business and you will get in touch with cool people.
If done correctly this traffic source will drive you a consistent amount of visitors to your website.

Always try to find posts that are relatively new, with no more that 5 comments already. The less comments the better visibility your comment will have. This is very important so take it in mind before commenting.

Please beware that this method could be very "spammy" as well if it's not done correctly. You will find lots of people making worthless comments and leaving a link to some website. I assure you that most of these comments get deleted or they didn't even get approved by the blog admin.
When you add a comment, add value to the Post made by the author. Create a 150 - 300 word comment with useful information that people would find interesting. And between those lines you can add your link. You can add your link as well in your Name while commenting, and if desired you can add the brand name as well...

Something like "George of the Jungle - Interesting Monkey Products"... Always put your name first so it does not look "spammy". Remember that you are selling your product, with your brand and your name, so be honest with this and do it correctly, and people will notice you.




Email Signatures

This is a very underrated traffic source. I would like you to do the following... open your mail inbox and see how many mails do you have. Now check all the sent emails by you from this day...
If you use Internet regularly, you will have for sure several emails sent to your friends, family, work, etc.

Do you begin to see the idea behind this method?
Emails use to go viral, not related to a particular niche or even intended, but just look for some of your received emails. Do you have those ugly FW: messages that use to display random/funny stuff? Enter one of those mails and see how many people was resending it to their contact lists. If these mails are cool and catchy, they go viral, always.

If you make a signature, with a nice phrase and a link to your business, you will be sending traffic to your websites just doing what you use to do everyday. Completely passive and it does not require any additional effort. You may be sending more mails everyday if you like, but that's all about it!

I think these traffic sources are really easy to start, friendly for newcomers to get confidence about this business. When you acquire more knowledge and experience you can start using more methods, that in the end will allow your business to succeed in this online world.

Note that I am not even telling anything about Social Media sites, such as Facebook, Twitter, Pinderest, StumbleUpon, etc. Those are fantastic traffic sources, and the future of Internet Marketing, but they require plenty of time to get them started...
So... for beginners, these 5 Traffic Sources that I mentioned above will be the best way to start in this business...

Feel free to leave your comments, tell us your experience and don't be shy to share your knowledge with the community. If you have another easy-to-start traffic method don't hesitate and tell us all about it!
Kind regards.
#beginners #sources #top #traffic
  • Profile picture of the author Victoralexon
    I have heard great things about guest posting. It is something that I plan on doing for my own blog. Not only does it give you 'link juice', but it also gets you targeted visitors.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5899664].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jerzykaz
    Thanks for sharing.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5899671].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author hicksdelight
    Since Panda article marketing isn't as strong as it was, on site content and off site social marketing are now much much more important. (Though on site content has always been king, but even more so now).
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5899683].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author marcelomusza
      Originally Posted by hicksdelight View Post

      Since Panda article marketing isn't as strong as it was, on site content and off site social marketing are now much much more important. (Though on site content has always been king, but even more so now).
      What do you mean with off site social marketing? never heard of it.
      Signature
      Internet Marketing Resources for Online Entrepreneurs
      http://www.marceblog.com
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5901320].message }}
      • With regard to forums:

        Answer a question only if you are certain of the answer. Don't parrot something you read somewhere else. If you repeat an old IM trope that has long since been proven to be false, you're going to look like an idiot.

        Read, read and then read some more. Before you can be an authority you've got to pay your dues.

        Only respond to a query with a link to your own site if the link is a direct and relevant answer.

        fLufF
        --
        Signature
        Fiverr is looking for freelance writers for its blog. Details here.
        Love microjobs? Work when you want and get paid in cash the same day!
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5901382].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Brendan Carl
      Originally Posted by hicksdelight View Post

      Since Panda article marketing isn't as strong as it was, on site content and off site social marketing are now much much more important. (Though on site content has always been king, but even more so now).
      The point of article marketing isn't to get traffic through Google - it is to get your article syndicated by publishers who find your article by searching for keywords ON THE ARTICLE SITE, not on Google. When these people use your articles (with your links in it), their traffic will click your link and you will then get traffic.

      You get traffic, the publishers get free content. Everybody wins.

      And by the way, great post! Guest posting is a great way to get your name (an website) out to the world.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5901466].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author hicksdelight
        Originally Posted by Brendan Carl View Post

        The point of article marketing isn't to get traffic through Google - it is to get your article syndicated by publishers who find your article by searching for keywords ON THE ARTICLE SITE, not on Google. When these people use your articles (with your links in it), their traffic will click your link and you will then get traffic.

        You get traffic, the publishers get free content. Everybody wins.

        And by the way, great post! Guest posting is a great way to get your name (an website) out to the world.
        I know that, I still believe in what I said though, that article marketing isn't as strong as it was, especially as quite a few article sites got hit hard, and more will continue to do so I think, thus lowering your traffic...It's still worth it in some cases, but not as well as it was.

        My main point was aimed more towards people who write articles and spin them and submit for their micro niche site with about 5 articles on it.

        If you have a more authority aiming website with quality content, updated regulary and you can give a user trust you know what you are talking about and write quality articles, then article marketing does have its place for getting traffic as they will be more likely to get linked, but even now its a lot less then what it was in my experience

        I still think its a dying practice though now, and social media marketing is the way to go, or least spend lot more time on that side of things.

        Not so long ago so many people did article marketing as an easy way to get traffic and backlinks, but thats changed now IMO.

        But I get what you are saying, just my opinion.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5901608].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author JeremiahSay
      Originally Posted by hicksdelight View Post

      Since Panda article marketing isn't as strong as it was, on site content and off site social marketing are now much much more important. (Though on site content has always been king, but even more so now).
      That's NOT true.. I've done article marketing, and now, after the Panda update I think article marketing is even more powerful than before - personal opinions.

      These are threads related to article marketing etc.. take a look at what Alexa Smith have to say about article marketing:

      http://www.warriorforum.com/main-int...ml#post5410377

      http://www.warriorforum.com/main-int...ml#post5068872

      Hope this help,
      Jeremiah
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5903829].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author RonLeroy
    Today i was posting on different sites with signatures enabled and it really makes wonders.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5900093].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author veehowbrid
    Thank you Marcelonusza. Nice to get information that can help those of us who are not getting the results that many are getting.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5901383].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author genuine86
    Thanks for the valuable information!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5901403].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author remega
    Excellent info! Thanks for sharing
    Signature
    Need Biz or Project Funding? Just Click Here For Private Money!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5901432].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author creativesnaps
    Thanks for the great tips, i like the simple ones like signature as it so easy to do
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5901543].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author TopKat22
    Article marketing (when done for syndication like I do) is fantastic and my "bread and butter".

    These are all great methods, even now.

    Thanks for the details. This is exactly what newbies need.
    Signature
    44 days in and we broke the $10K a month recurring bench mark.

    Guaranteed 60% Opt In Rate Traffic-Real People-Fresh Today-High Quality Biz Opp traffic![/URL]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5901567].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author RyanLB
    Pretty good list there. We recently paid for the Warrior Forum signature to help grow our presence here, so we'll see how credible your first source was. However, we have been pretty active on some other forums and you're right, the return is based off the work you put in to be valuable on the forums.
    Signature

    I'm a Freelance Copywriter that helps Agencies, Startups and Businesses Educate Their Audience and Grow Sales
    Skype Me: r.boze
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5901901].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author buckeyes09
    Pin this thread!
    Signature

    Christian

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5902604].message }}
  • Great thread thanks
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5902827].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Danceraaq1
    Thanks for the reminders. I really need to start guest commenting again. That works quite well. Twitter and Facebook also need to be mentioned I think.
    Signature
    My FIVERR gigs: http://bit.ly/H17Keq
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5903599].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Harjeet05
    Very nice great sharing Thank you...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5903752].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author shireen
    Thank you for the great tips. I'm sure lots of beginners will benefit from it.

    I have a free ebook on this topic [No opt in], click here to get it :-)
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5903869].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author celente
    I think there are some good basic fundamentals there.

    What most people do is try to master 50 different traffic sources all at once and then come back here when they do not see results.

    What counts is that you should be after highly qualified traffic. That is what will give you sales, not just random traffic. Going to the high traffic communities or forums, or heavy populated environments and putting your content and links infront of those people. That for us works best.

    Also far too many marketers realise that you have to "pay" for traffic to make big money online. Free traffic is great, but most of the VERY successful marketer I know all use PPC. You normally have to trade time for money, or money for time when it comes to getting traffic online.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5903891].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author dev1
    Thanks, very good informations
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5904488].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author stefalex
    Back to basics. Good, solid info!
    Signature
    Stefalex - Wordpress Maintenance & Support
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5904489].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Koolsteve
    Really excellent post marcelomusza. Could I point out something regarding Forums. Don't forget to check your PM's regularly. I forgot to do this and found some months later an Order request by a member. Yes, I had missed out on a paying client!

    All the very best.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5904532].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Simon Haestoe
    Thanks for this thread . Would like to say, about forum marketing, that - before anyone goes to ask people, how good forum-marketing, or have preconceived notions about it - about it, everyone: really think to yourself what forum-traffic is... Usually, traffic is more or less forced to a page; right? That's the method most people use (because things have to be quick, they think). So, is this traffic going to be warm to you? Not really. Targeted? In some cases. But, what if you got all the traffic from a forum, where you were seen, repeatedly, as someone who knows his stuff and delivers value. The people clicking on your link do it because they want to - all of them are going to be prospects. So, the fifty people - coming from a forum - might be worth as much as 500 non-targeted traffic you've forced to a site.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5904568].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author marcelomusza
    Thank you all for your kind words!
    Koolsteve you are absolutely right, PM's are also very important. But for starters, I don't think you are going to get many PM's, unless you start posting really high quality content and impress the community with your knowledge.. but it is possible I cannot argue with that.
    Signature
    Internet Marketing Resources for Online Entrepreneurs
    http://www.marceblog.com
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5911171].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author nicolelwriting
    Thank you for sharing this resourceful information. It's always important to start with the basics before going into advanced levels. I had heard that the article directories were no longer the best places to market due to the Google Panda issue. I'm glad to hear that it's still a great resource to use for marketing as I have many articles I can use for that purpose. Again thank you for sharing all of this helpful information with all of us.

    Nicole
    Signature

    Nicole Leon - Professional Writer -
    I write blogs, articles, ebooks, PLR, reviews, reports, etc
    My Blog and Portfolio My LinkedIn Profile

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5911593].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author stevenfabian
    Thanks a lot for all the great tips you offered! I've been using the first 4 myself, but the email signature was something I haven't implemented yet! Off to take action!

    Thanks,
    Edward
    Signature
    No agenda here...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5911712].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author erikaawakening
    Nicely written article, clear and clean. Have done these already, they are all solid tips and they really do work.
    Signature

    - Erika Awakening, Holistic Life and Business Coach from http://tapsmarter.com (rapid self-empowerment with money and life) and http://ErikaAwakening.com (powerful self-development)

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5911799].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author marknel
      Most high traffic forums in my niche have turned nofollow and I feel, these days forum links are not as benefitting as they used to be .
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5911911].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author abidal024
    Hi, those tips are so much good to Sources for Beginners. thanks.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5911883].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author rajseo
    Wow really helpful post.
    Thanks for sharing
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5911900].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author raymol
    Well, i tested 4 of the tips, but haven't tried email signatures...
    i think it will bother other people
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5911909].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author The A
    I don't know about you guys but i think except the fact that this thread is so long there is nothing special about it. I'm sorry I don't mean to disrespect you, I just want to be realistic. If you plan to doo all those things in order to promote your website, it would take you all day long.

    I simply go with SEO, YouTube, and some Q-A webistes like yahoo! answers. And I outsource them a lot.
    Signature
    "And all what's left is nothing but a bunch of weeping competitors..."
    Read more >>>
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5911965].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author shantana
    Yes, forum posting, article submission is the best way to get positive result in seo. i know many people who buy thousands of backlinks per day. but they get ban from search engines. So my suggestion to make backlinks normally manually.
    Try to get result overnight is the bad idea.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5911995].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author zharfan
    guest posting is the way for quality traffick source
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5912221].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author theebookcavern
    Great list but as a blog owner I've got to disagree with your recommendations on guest commenting. The first part is fine. I don't mind giving good comments a link back to their website. However, if anyone comments on my site and then links back to their product within the actual comment, I delete the comment and mark it as spam.

    If it's a great comment, people will click on your name and want to read more so you'll get lots of direct, targeted traffic that way. However, if you start trying to pitch your products in the comments section, you'll find lots of blog owners deleting your comments.

    This type of comment is OK:
    "Great post on orange juice. I like mixing it up a little and switching between blueberry juice and cranberry juice. This gives me the added benefits of X,Y,Z."

    This type of comment is not OK and will get deleted most of the time:
    "Great post on orange juice. I like mixing it up a little and switching between blueberry juice and cranberry juice. This gives me the added benefits of X,Y,Z. By the way you can buy a range of fresh juices in my online store at SpammyJuicesLink.com."

    Tom
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5912420].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Lucian Lada
    Originally Posted by mohit pokhriyal View Post

    what is guest post...iam nt able to understand
    can anyone help me
    It's when you submit your own article to someone else's website, and they acknowledge it as an "outside contribution".

    You usually get a backlink in return for providing them with content.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5912999].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author harrymcclaire
    Originally Posted by mohit pokhriyal View Post

    what is guest post...iam nt able to understand
    can anyone help me
    that is whhen someone leaves a msg on your profile page .
    Signature
    Photo Proof of results
    979 clicks, 177 sign ups, 2 sales
    = $133.08 of CB commissions!
    Within 1st day of blast!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5913007].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author savvybizbuilder
    Thanks for such excellent post. Learn a lot from this thread.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5913065].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author CBGCash
    Thanks for the tips of where to get free traffic for beginners. I'm always on the lookout because traffic is the lifeblood of IM. Currently I'm using adf.ly to buy cheap traffic for some of my campaigns.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5913165].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author gentryliving
    Forum posting is the best.... you will not only get traffic and backlinks, you will also learn new things from the experts on the forum sites that you joined.
    Signature
    Professionally designed custom blogging platform
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5913278].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author bjking
      Hi Guys,

      Great post. I have used four of the five traffic sources written by Marcel. Email signatures and buying SEO gigs from fiverr are methods i have recommended to students. Many of them have had great results. However, if you want to achieve server melting traffic to your site. The best is using Press releases. This is more of a intermediate/Advance strategy and can significantly boost your bottom line.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6042803].message }}
      • Hi, you listed the Top 5 free methods to get a constant flux of traffic.
        They all work and every day I try to do them all, except guest blogging and guest commenting who requires a bit of time to get in accord with the other site admininstrator.

        Thanks for all and see you soon!
        Alessandro Zamboni
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6042939].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author thetrafficguy
    Thanks for adding some good content.

    All of those work. The main thing is to pick on and stick with it till its working for you.

    Focus is the name of the game
    Signature
    "SUPER AFFILIATE EXPOSES Highly Profitable Traffic Source!"

    "Use This Trick To Make An Extra $50 - $500 Per DAY!"
    Click Here To Check It Out Before The Price Jumps Up AGAIN!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6042851].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author sundown16
    thanks for the post... it all boils down to creating original, relevant content pointing
    to your site
    that's why article marketing will NEVER be out of date.
    take you content, multiply it, diversify it... for example make video out of your
    articles, reports, blog and forum posts, ezine newsletter articles ect. ect.
    it's an never-ending process
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6042910].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author sackboy127
    Also, going social will always net you a great deal of visitors, not to mention the plus points in big G's eyes.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6043679].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author TerranceCharles
      Forum traffic is so underestimated, you would really be surprised just how much traffic you can actually get when you do it right and actually engage and bring value
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6417448].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author dhanuuu
      Very useful post, thanks for sharing.

      But in my opinion most important fact is sites content. sure we can drive traffic through various sources. but they wont hold if there is no good content. they all will bounce off.

      Most important traffic source is "Google". if your content is valuable and different from others they will bring it to forward from other results. unfortunately it will take some time to kick start. For that your options are very good. Correct me if i'm wrong.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6851561].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jennifer82
    Great Post, so detailed, very helpful !
    Thank you a million.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6282533].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author msu
    If done well, forums & commenting can work really well.

    I'm just getting into guest posting now and that's starting to work well - couple of posts published and a couple in the pipeline (one from a major blogging site). That's not to brag, just to say if you get your head down and work on these more time-consuming methods it'll pay off in the end.
    Signature
    New to WordPress? Save time with my beginner's guide:
    WordPress Step-by-Step
    (for Kindle & Kindle Apps)

    I'm a top-notch WordPress developer: hire me
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6411670].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author atshy21saraf
    Thanks for the usefull knowledge about traffic catching techniques.
    I am new to this field, and I am planning to go as u suggested above.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6411822].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Mark Zukerberg
    garbage.. I wonder why some like to post this kind of newbie content..
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6412294].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Brian Tayler
      Originally Posted by Mark Zukerberg View Post

      garbage.. I wonder why some like to post this kind of newbie content..
      Why do you say that?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6412575].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Black Hat Cat
      Banned
      Originally Posted by Mark Zukerberg View Post

      garbage.. I wonder why some like to post this kind of newbie content..
      Because it's a forum....where people post stuff....like this kind of content. You're not one of them rocket doctors are you?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6414012].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Richard Van
        Originally Posted by Black Hat Cat View Post

        Because it's a forum....where people post stuff....like this kind of content. You're not one of them rocket doctors are you?
        Noooo....Mark Zuckerburg isn't a rocket doctor, he owns that FartBook site.

        I saw it once.
        Signature

        Wibble, bark, my old man's a mushroom etc...

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6414056].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author gary lee
    I'm sure a few of you will hate me but I'm happy that article marketing is not the big deal anymore. I once wrote several articles and tried to post them to several places like ezine. My articles in my opinion were excellant but not accepted by any of "the big" article directories because the link pointed to an adult website. I know I'm the evil adult guy but I still felt crapped on.
    Signature
    Do NOT link to porn sites in your signature.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6413105].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Richard Van
      Originally Posted by gary lee View Post

      I'm sure a few of you will hate me but I'm happy that article marketing is not the big deal anymore. I once wrote several articles and tried to post them to several places like ezine. My articles in my opinion were excellant but not accepted by any of "the big" article directories because the link pointed to an adult website. I know I'm the evil adult guy but I still felt crapped on.
      Hi Gary,

      With respect you thought they were excellent, they didn't feel they were up to the standard they require on their site. Most likely in their terms of service, which I assume you read, they would have mentioned this.

      It's always best when you try and put content on other peoples sites for no other reason than your own benefit that you read their terms of service first.

      No one crapped on you Gary.
      Signature

      Wibble, bark, my old man's a mushroom etc...

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6413998].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Black Hat Cat
      Banned
      Originally Posted by gary lee View Post

      I'm sure a few of you will hate me but I'm happy that article marketing is not the big deal anymore. I once wrote several articles and tried to post them to several places like ezine. My articles in my opinion were excellant but not accepted by any of "the big" article directories because the link pointed to an adult website. I know I'm the evil adult guy but I still felt crapped on.
      Maybe a little therapy could help.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6414030].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author abdurrahman
    this is the greate idea .
    thankss.......for share your knowledge
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6414475].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author David Rosa
    You can also help folks out on yahoo answers and recently found out about manta "answers"

    They have something where biz owners have questions and you can help them out. Good stuff.

    D

    P.S. Thanks
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6415496].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author eman1
    Great post! The techniques that you mentioned will help anyone to enjoy long-term success online.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6416279].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author anymore
    Check out pixelpipe.com
    hellotxt.com

    Great website to speed up the process of bookmarking

    It will take you a little time to set up, but keep in mind you can use their system for all of your website links or any URL link.
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6416454].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author anymore
    Usfreeads.com (Ads posted in Usfreeads.com will go up immediately on their classified website

    Backpage.com (Ads posted on Backpage.com would show up in about 15 minutes.

    Both systems will show your ads on Google.

    You can post as many ads as you want

    You can also use direct linking
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6416540].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author The Baldman
    Great post, sometimes I even forget the little things I did at the start but are still useful now

    The Baldman
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6418160].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JeromyS
    Originally Posted by marcelomusza View Post

    Hi guys!

    I wanted to share with you today some useful ways to drive targeted traffic into your websites...
    As you may know already, there are tons of methods to do this job, but some could work better than others, and in this case in particular, I will point only the best traffic sources I found for newcomers and people that is starting in this business...

    The problem here is that it is not easy at all to drive traffic to your website being a newbie, there are many things that you will be learning while you do it, trial and error like I use to say...
    But if you focus on some methods and stick working on them, you can't fail and in time you will see your effort payed off.
    So... let's get our hands dirty, shall we? Time to catch that traffic!



    Forum Marketing:

    If you are just starting, this is the best method ever. It's really easy to do, but it requires time and patience before you see some consistent response from the audience.
    Here you only need to subscribe to forums related to your niche, and place your link of whatever you are selling/promoting with some catchy phrases that attract people's attention in your user signature.
    I will point some things that are important in this traffic method, please read carefully:


    1) Read the TOS before joining... I know many people don't do this, and that's the reason many of them get banned. Some forums have specific restriction for Internet Marketing, and you should know them before you start posting there. If you find a forum that doesn't allow signatures, just move to the next one.

    2) Build your name with the community... You will be a newbie in the forum, nobody knows you, so it's quite important that you start getting to know your audience, post regularly, ask questions, answer them if you can. In time people will identify your brand with you, and you will begin to get recommendations and better traffic response.

    There are two types of posts that you should make while using this traffic source... one is replying to users questions, adding value to the forum through your opinions. And the other is creating new topics with relevant and useful information.

    The second option will be the most catchy for your audience, but for starters it will be more time consuming, just because you don't know much about the business yet...
    But hey, if you are serious about what you are doing here, in time you will learn lots of things that will allow you to add value to your brand and you will make a professional name for yourself.

    3) Be nice to the members, and most important of all, have FUN!
    If possible never engage with other members, always show a smile, be positive and stay in tune with the community. Share off-topic information in time to time, make people laugh. I assure you this TIP is key in order to make people know you faster. This is not like a full-time job where you lower your head and say "Yes, boss....", you have the opportunity to be yourself here, so take advantage of that and enjoy your work!.







    Article Marketing:

    This method is more time consuming and will require you to have some basic knowledge in the business first...
    You can submit articles to Article Directories and you will have the opportunity to appear in the first page of Google searches. Why, you might be asking? Just because these Article Directories have a good Page Rank and a well researched keyword will allow you to get organic traffic into your website by appearing in the first page.

    Before you start submitting any article, I would recommend that you learn the basics about Keywords and how to use them in Articles first. I won't point that here because it's not the aim of this guide. Just make a Google search and you will find a lot of information about this.

    A key thing in this traffic source is to have a perfect grammar, show value using your personality, but write your articles properly because people are not attracted to poorly written articles. If you are not that good at writing, then it is a good opportunity to improve those skills for yourself. You will need them anyway because in this business you have to write a lot hahaha.
    There are tons of Article Directories, so I will point just a few:


    1) http://www.ezinearticles.com/
    2) Squidoo : Welcome to Squidoo
    3) HubPages
    4) Free Articles Directory | Submit Articles - ArticlesBase.com
    5) eHow | How to Videos, Articles & More - Discover the expert in you. | eHow.com

    Be sure to take a look to eHow, a fantastic website to write step-by-step tutorials, written as articles. It's very friendly and easy to use.
    Each of the above have different systems to work with your articles, but the overall idea is the same for all of them.



    Guest Posts:

    This traffic source is very powerful and will drive a huge amount of visitors to your webpages, but you will have to invest time researching Blogs related to your niche.
    The idea here is to create a nice and unique article, that you will send to a high populated blog related to your niche. There are plenty of blogs that accept Guest Posts, but each of them have their rules that you must follow, else they will reject your article...
    Some of these rules are listed below:

    • Your article needs to be unique. This article has to be made only for this guest post and you can't use it anywhere else. Duplicated Content is forbidden among bloggers.
    • No affiliate links are allowed within your article content. You can't promote/sell a particular product with a guest post. But you CAN place a link to your Squeeze Page or Blog, so you will be able to drive the visitors into your website.
    • Good grammar and perfect orthography. This is a must, same as Article Marketing you must write properly.

    The idea behind a Guest Post is to get right to your fellow blogger's audience... so it's a win-win situation, he will have a high quality article to post in his Blog, and you will promote your business right to his visitors.
    If you want to find Blogs that allow people to guest post, go to Google and make a search with the following line:for example: "guest post by" + "Internet Marketing"
    All the search results will be blogs that allow people to make guest posts. You can do a fantastic research through this method. Get ideas about how people write and what do they write using this traffic source.



    Guest Commenting

    Similar to Guest Posts, but instead of submitting new and fresh articles to these blogs, you will Comment on existing Posts.

    I would say this traffic source method is the easiest of all, and very interesting as well because it requires blog research seeking websites with high traffic, and good Posts where you feel identified and can add value with a single comment. With this method, you will learn a lot about your business and you will get in touch with cool people.
    If done correctly this traffic source will drive you a consistent amount of visitors to your website.

    Always try to find posts that are relatively new, with no more that 5 comments already. The less comments the better visibility your comment will have. This is very important so take it in mind before commenting.

    Please beware that this method could be very "spammy" as well if it's not done correctly. You will find lots of people making worthless comments and leaving a link to some website. I assure you that most of these comments get deleted or they didn't even get approved by the blog admin.
    When you add a comment, add value to the Post made by the author. Create a 150 - 300 word comment with useful information that people would find interesting. And between those lines you can add your link. You can add your link as well in your Name while commenting, and if desired you can add the brand name as well...

    Something like "George of the Jungle - Interesting Monkey Products"... Always put your name first so it does not look "spammy". Remember that you are selling your product, with your brand and your name, so be honest with this and do it correctly, and people will notice you.




    Email Signatures

    This is a very underrated traffic source. I would like you to do the following... open your mail inbox and see how many mails do you have. Now check all the sent emails by you from this day...
    If you use Internet regularly, you will have for sure several emails sent to your friends, family, work, etc.

    Do you begin to see the idea behind this method?
    Emails use to go viral, not related to a particular niche or even intended, but just look for some of your received emails. Do you have those ugly FW: messages that use to display random/funny stuff? Enter one of those mails and see how many people was resending it to their contact lists. If these mails are cool and catchy, they go viral, always.

    If you make a signature, with a nice phrase and a link to your business, you will be sending traffic to your websites just doing what you use to do everyday. Completely passive and it does not require any additional effort. You may be sending more mails everyday if you like, but that's all about it!

    I think these traffic sources are really easy to start, friendly for newcomers to get confidence about this business. When you acquire more knowledge and experience you can start using more methods, that in the end will allow your business to succeed in this online world.

    Note that I am not even telling anything about Social Media sites, such as Facebook, Twitter, Pinderest, StumbleUpon, etc. Those are fantastic traffic sources, and the future of Internet Marketing, but they require plenty of time to get them started...
    So... for beginners, these 5 Traffic Sources that I mentioned above will be the best way to start in this business...

    Feel free to leave your comments, tell us your experience and don't be shy to share your knowledge with the community. If you have another easy-to-start traffic method don't hesitate and tell us all about it!
    Kind regards.
    Great list! I love simple Another that I have found to be pretty good is actually Squidoo.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6418805].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JerrickYeoh
    I will not put forum posting at the top but i will put guest post on the top 1 while i think it more effective to bring quality traffic compare to forum posting . Because usually they get more information then only click from the link in your guest post.

    I prefer using email marketing as source to generate traffic because email marketing is cheap and yet least time consuming . most important is able to track those traffic easily with system .
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6419550].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Craiga24
    As someone relativly new to blogging I have found guest posting and commenting the most beneficial in terms of traffic for me. I still spend 80% of my time though creating content for my site as surely that is going to be my primary traffic source in the future!
    Signature

    Always forgetting passwords? Wish you had an easy way to store them? Secure Offline USB Password Manager

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6420588].message }}

Trending Topics