Why dosen't ClickBank send me my check?

18 replies
I've reached the payment treshold and I now have over $100 in my account.

I have never gotten a check before and I live in Norway. Does this have anything to do with it?
#check #clickbank #dosent #send
  • Profile picture of the author R Hagel
    Did you check CB's accounting policy? You also have to receive that money from a variety of sources (e.g., different credit cards) before they'll pay out commissions. So not only do you have to meet the payment threshold you set, but you have to get payments from different credit cards. So if all your sales were made thru the PayPal option, then you wouldn't get paid.

    That's one possibility. But again, read their accounting page for more details.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5901379].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Morten V
      Yes, I did. But I can't find the answer! All the payments come from different sources.

      Paypal and creditcards..
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5901388].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author ryanman
        Originally Posted by Vatndal View Post

        Yes, I did. But I can't find the answer! All the payments come from different sources.

        Paypal and creditcards..
        They hold the payments for a few weeks before they release it in case there are any refunds. So, you will probably get it in the next payment cycle.
        Signature


        ^^^Click The "UGLY BANNER" to "MAKE MONEY"^^^
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5901443].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Morten V
          Originally Posted by ryanman View Post

          They hold the payments for a few weeks before they release it in case there are any refunds. So, you will probably get it in the next payment cycle.
          I hope so! I've had some big gaps between sales and I've lost around $10 in debits to CB so far.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5901460].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Alexa Smith
            Banned
            Originally Posted by Vatndal View Post

            Paypal and creditcards..
            How many different credit-cards?

            Have you read ClickBank's "customer distribution requirement"? Accounting Policy - ClickBank

            Have you asked ClickBank why you haven't been paid yet? That might be the quickest/easiest way to find out, you know? Just saying ...

            Originally Posted by Vatndal View Post

            I hope so! I've had some big gaps between sales and I've lost around $10 in debits to CB so far.
            That must be the dormant account charges? You can stop that from happening at any stage just by buying any $3/$4 product, once, through your own account. They apply only when your account hasn't had a sale for 90+ days.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5901470].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author Morten V
              Originally Posted by Alexa Smith View Post

              How many different credit-cards?

              Have you read ClickBank's "customer distribution requirement"? Accounting Policy - ClickBank

              Have you asked ClickBank why you haven't been paid yet? That might be the quickest/easiest way to find out, you know? Just saying ...
              Three different cards and one paypal account. Yes I just did, but I think I got my answer above.
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5901480].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author Alexa Smith
                Banned
                Originally Posted by Vatndal View Post

                Three different cards and one paypal account. Yes I just did, but I think I got my answer above.
                Yes, looks like it ...

                Well, you need two more credit-card payments before they'll pay you out.

                Inconvenient, but the customer distribution requirement does actually function to protect affiliates, and the whole system wouldn't work without it (or something very like it). And you only ever have to do this once.

                Note that what you need is two different credit-card purchases, not necessarily purchases from two different customers. (In other words, if you have a friend/relative with two different credit-cards who will buy a couple of $3/$4 products through your affiliate-links, that "gets you home". You can even buy one yourself - that counts, too). Good luck!

                Originally Posted by Des Lau View Post

                Make sure to change your method of payment after you receive your first 2 checks to direct debit
                I think you mean "direct deposit", Des? But this isn't right.

                Vatndal lives in Norway, which isn't on ClickBank's list of approved countries for direct deposits, so he won't be able to do that anyway.

                http://www.clickbank.com/accounting.html#A4

                His options for payments from ClickBank are limited to check or wire transfer (at a cost of $35 plus his own bank charges).
                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5901722].message }}
                • Profile picture of the author Des Lau
                  Originally Posted by Alexa Smith View Post

                  I think you mean "direct deposit", Des? But this isn't right.

                  Vatndal lives in Norway, which isn't on ClickBank's list of approved countries for direct deposits, so he won't be able to do that anyway.

                  Accounting Policy - ClickBank

                  His options for payments from ClickBank are limited to check or wire transfer (at a cost of $35 plus his own bank charges).
                  Oh my bad, yes direct deposit, thanks Alexa. Ouch, $35 per wire sent as well
                  Signature
                  -----------------------------

                  {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5901774].message }}
                • Profile picture of the author Morten V
                  Originally Posted by Alexa Smith View Post


                  Well, you need two more credit-card payments before they'll pay you out.

                  (at a cost of $35 plus his own bank charges).
                  Ok, if I have four, (and all I need is five) why do I need two more credit-card payments?

                  Direct wire is $35 in charges?
                  {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5902319].message }}
                  • Profile picture of the author Alexa Smith
                    Banned
                    Originally Posted by Vatndal View Post

                    Ok, if I have four, (and all I need is five) why do I need two more credit-card payments?
                    You don't have four. You have three (you said). You need five credit-card payments, not five payments. The PayPal one doesn't count toward the "five different credit-card payments".

                    Vatndal, look at this link and read it (top of page). It's only two sentences, and your English is easily good enough to understand it: Accounting Policy - ClickBank

                    See the words "Five or more different credit-card numbers"?

                    Originally Posted by Vatndal View Post

                    Direct wire is $35 in charges?
                    You're confusing two different things, I think.

                    One is called direct deposit. There's no charge for it but it isn't available to you because you live in Norway, which isn't on the list of countries to which ClickBank sends direct deposits.

                    You can see that for yourself, here: Accounting Policy - ClickBank

                    The other is called wire transfer and is available to all the countries to which ClickBank doesn't send direct deposits, and it costs $35 per transfer, deducted from the payment at source, plus whatever your own bank charges you for clearing the payment.

                    Checks are reliable, and will arrive in Norway within a few days of being mailed in America. (Your own bank may charge something for clearing them, as they're drawn in US$).

                    You can read about that one here: Accounting Policy - ClickBank

                    Respectfully, if you want to run an online (or actually any other) business, you have to be willing to read for yourself the terms of service of the people with whom you do business. Otherwise eventually, inevitably, you'll have all sorts of "accidents".

                    Originally Posted by Vatndal View Post

                    Do I need to have five different payments every time I get a check?
                    No.

                    As explained above (and in ClickBank's terms of service), you only ever need to do this once.
                    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5904884].message }}
                    • Profile picture of the author Morten V
                      Originally Posted by Alexa Smith View Post

                      You don't have four. You have three (you said). You need five credit-card payments, not five payments. The PayPal one doesn't count toward the "five different credit-card payments".

                      Vatndal, look at this link and read it (top of page). It's only two sentences, and your English is easily good enough to understand it: Accounting Policy - ClickBank

                      See the words "Five or more different credit-card numbers"?



                      You're confusing two different things, I think.

                      One is called direct deposit. There's no charge for it but it isn't available to you because you live in Norway, which isn't on the list of countries to which ClickBank sends direct deposits.

                      You can see that for yourself, here: Accounting Policy - ClickBank

                      The other is called wire transfer and is available to all the countries to which ClickBank doesn't send direct deposits, and it costs $35 per transfer, deducted from the payment at source, plus whatever your own bank charges you for clearing the payment.

                      Checks are reliable, and will arrive in Norway within a few days of being mailed in America. (Your own bank may charge something for clearing them, as they're drawn in US$).

                      You can read about that one here: Accounting Policy - ClickBank

                      Respectfully, if you want to run an online (or actually any other) business, you have to be willing to read for yourself the terms of service of the people with whom you do business. Otherwise eventually, inevitably, you'll have all sorts of "accidents".



                      No.

                      As explained above (and in ClickBank's terms of service), you only ever need to do this once.
                      Haha, thanks for the laugh. Yes I will look and read. I usually do it, but I've never really taken the time to read all the policy on CB. So PayPal doesn't count.. how silly.

                      Thanks for the answers though.
                      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5905555].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author darkblue
    Vatndal, you have to have 5 different payments made form 5 different sources. So if you have 5 payments, all made with paypal, you won't get the checks.

    You need to have 5 different payments made with 5 different credit cards in order to qualify for receiving checks.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5901455].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Morten V
      Originally Posted by darkblue View Post

      Vatndal, you have to have 5 different payments made form 5 different sources. So if you have 5 payments, all made with paypal, you won't get the checks.

      You need to have 5 different payments made with 5 different credit cards in order to qualify for receiving checks.
      Ah! Thanks. I only have 4 now..
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5901471].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Des Lau
    Make sure to change your method of payment after you receive your first 2 checks to direct debit
    Signature
    -----------------------------

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5901637].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Austin357
    Des,

    Please PM me your pricing and samples. Thanks!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5901817].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Lanx
    set the payment to weekly as well?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5901883].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JeremiahSay
    Oh man, clickbank.. the first 2 cheques is really a pain in the ass! But after that, it's super fast.. direct deposit
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5901975].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Morten V
      Do I need to have five different payments every time I get a check?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5902335].message }}

Trending Topics