by Ashish Poonia Banned
18 replies
Hi,
I am new at Internet Marketing.I left my boring 9-5 job 3 days ago.
I want to start earning from Internet Marketing But where to start from.
Ho to start my Online business.
Suggestions Please.
Thanks for the help.
#job #left #offline
  • Profile picture of the author John Crabe
    Really shouldn't have left your job without any understanding of IM. Pretty stupid move.

    But regardless, good luck to you.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5938002].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author James.N
    Hi Anish.

    First I want to say good luck with your upcoming endeavors. Its going to take awhile to get an online business going, its not something that happens in the short term. You have at least come to a very good source of information. As for how to start, you need to figure out what exactly you want to do, theres so many different options it can become overwhelming. Look around the forum and you will find a wealth of knowledge. Pick one thing and go with it.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5938034].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Ashish Poonia
      Banned
      Originally Posted by quadxnet View Post

      Hi Anish.

      First I want to say good luck with your upcoming endeavors. Its going to take awhile to get an online business going, its not something that happens in the short term. You have at least come to a very good source of information. As for how to start, you need to figure out what exactly you want to do, theres so many different options it can become overwhelming. Look around the forum and you will find a wealth of knowledge. Pick one thing and go with it.
      Thanks for the advice.
      Should i go with affliate marketing??
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5938082].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Nightengale
        Please tell me you have some sort of backup income. Yikes! IM is not instant money, AT ALL. If you quit your job but have no idea how you even want to make money online, you're in for a world of hurt, I fear.

        That said, here's some help I wish I'd had when I first started:

        Clarity is a HUGE part of IM success. (I hope this post brings some clarity. It's so simple when you know it -- and darn difficult when you don't! I owe my mentors a world of thanks for bringing this clarity.)

        IM is actually pretty simple: you can sell only one of two things:

        1. Products
        2. Services

        That's it!

        And selling products or services online happens in the same basic way for everyone, no matter what they're selling:

        Traffic > Opt-in page > Autoresponder series (or e-zine) > Sales page

        That's it! It's just that simple. (We IMers tend to overcomplicate things.)

        But no matter what your niche is, or whether you're selling a product or a service, do you know what your business model is?

        A business model is the framework or skeleton of your business. Essentially there are three types of online business models:

        1. Membership-based model

        A membership-based business model allows you to build a community of people (your members) who are as passionate about your subject as you are. Your membership fees can be monthly or annual, but either way, you're building recurring, passive income.

        There are a lot of resources and information out there to help you build a membership-based business if you're interested in doing this.

        2. Product-based model

        Selling products allows you to maximize your time and effort by selling items over and over again. This can be hard goods or it can be information products. Information marketing is it's own business model under the product-based model. Information marketing allows you to take your brain to the bank by creating a product ONCE based on what you know and selling it over and over again.

        Affiliate marketing falls under both models. You can choose to market either products or services as an affiliate.

        3. Service-based model

        Selling services can be great for 1) generating quick cash (as in the case of article writing or video producing) and 2) establishing your expertise and getting testimonials.

        However, in the long run, your goal should be to offer services at a PREMIUM. The biggest advantage of IM is LEVERAGE. You're able to leverage your time, money and expertise exponentially online. We all have just 24 hours each day. Time to get ruthless about what you expect for those hours you spend in IM each day. Expect more of yourself and more from your business friends, clients, partners, etc.

        What results are you getting for those hours you spend online each day? Ultimately, your services should be at the bottom of your funnel and cost the most since they involve your time and personal attention. (We all have a limited amount of time each day.)

        The fun (and confusion) comes in with all of the endless mix-and-match possibilities of the above models. If you're just starting or still struggling to make money, keep it simple:

        Pick just ONE!

        1. Pick ONE niche. (Something you're interested in and know something about.)

        2. Pick ONE target market for your product or service. (Who will buy what you're offering? The more specific you are, the more you narrow it down, the more successful you'll be.)

        3. Pick ONE business model.

        Now that you're clear about what business you're in, FOCUS! (And stop buying any info not related to your niche and target market, period!)

        F -- Follow
        O -- One
        C -- Course
        U -- Until
        S -- Successful

        And remember: build a list, Build a List, BUILD A LIST!

        In IM, it's easy to put the cart before the horse. Take a deep breath, step back and consider what type of business you're REALLY want. Don't worry about getting traffic or buying that expensive traffic product until you know 1) what your business model is, 2) what niche you're in and 3) WHO your target market is!

        Successful business people will tell you that MARKETING is more than half the effort that's needed for success anyway. So pick a niche, target market and business model. Then spend most of your time and effort marketing it.

        If you DON'T have a solid plan or system, THAT'S when it's hard. A good system will shave YEARS (and save you big $$$) off of your learning curve

        That's why I recommend investing in at least one good, comprehensive IM course (or mentor who will give you such a system) instead of jumping from one $37 e-book to the next. A lot of people here complain about not being able to make any money. But neither are they willing to invest in their business. (Buying a random bunch of $37 e-books doesn't count.)

        The best thing I ever did was invest in a comprehensive IM course aimed at REAL business owners, not just other IM wannabes. Yes it was $1500. (It's no longer available.) But it was truly some of the best A-Z IM info I ever bought. Everything else I've learned (from the $37 e-books) since has simply been plugged into this system.

        Get a solid plan or system and then work the plan!

        Hope this helps!

        Michelle
        Signature
        "You can't market here. This is a marketing discussion forum!"
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5938105].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Ashish Poonia
          Banned
          Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post

          Please tell me you have some sort of backup income. Yikes! IM is not instant money, AT ALL. If you quit your job but have no idea how you even want to make money online, you're in for a world of hurt, I fear.

          That said, here's some help I wish I'd had when I first started:

          Clarity is a HUGE part of IM success. (I hope this post brings some clarity. It's so simple when you know it -- and darn difficult when you don't! I owe my mentors a world of thanks for bringing this clarity.)

          IM is actually pretty simple: you can sell only one of two things:

          1. Products
          2. Services

          That's it!

          And selling products or services online happens in the same basic way for everyone, no matter what they're selling:

          Traffic > Opt-in page > Autoresponder series (or e-zine) > Sales page

          That's it! It's just that simple. (We IMers tend to overcomplicate things.)

          But no matter what your niche is, or whether you're selling a product or a service, do you know what your business model is?

          A business model is the framework or skeleton of your business. Essentially there are three types of online business models:

          1. Membership-based model

          A membership-based business model allows you to build a community of people (your members) who are as passionate about your subject as you are. Your membership fees can be monthly or annual, but either way, you're building recurring, passive income.

          There are a lot of resources and information out there to help you build a membership-based business if you're interested in doing this.

          2. Product-based model

          Selling products allows you to maximize your time and effort by selling items over and over again. This can be hard goods or it can be information products. Information marketing is it's own business model under the product-based model. Information marketing allows you to take your brain to the bank by creating a product ONCE based on what you know and selling it over and over again.

          Affiliate marketing falls under both models. You can choose to market either products or services as an affiliate.

          3. Service-based model

          Selling services can be great for 1) generating quick cash (as in the case of article writing or video producing) and 2) establishing your expertise and getting testimonials.

          However, in the long run, your goal should be to offer services at a PREMIUM. The biggest advantage of IM is LEVERAGE. You're able to leverage your time, money and expertise exponentially online. We all have just 24 hours each day. Time to get ruthless about what you expect for those hours you spend in IM each day. Expect more of yourself and more from your business friends, clients, partners, etc.

          What results are you getting for those hours you spend online each day? Ultimately, your services should be at the bottom of your funnel and cost the most since they involve your time and personal attention. (We all have a limited amount of time each day.)

          The fun (and confusion) comes in with all of the endless mix-and-match possibilities of the above models. If you're just starting or still struggling to make money, keep it simple:

          Pick just ONE!

          1. Pick ONE niche. (Something you're interested in and know something about.)

          2. Pick ONE target market for your product or service. (Who will buy what you're offering? The more specific you are, the more you narrow it down, the more successful you'll be.)

          3. Pick ONE business model.

          Now that you're clear about what business you're in, FOCUS! (And stop buying any info not related to your niche and target market, period!)

          F -- Follow
          O -- One
          C -- Course
          U -- Until
          S -- Successful

          And remember: build a list, Build a List, BUILD A LIST!

          In IM, it's easy to put the cart before the horse. Take a deep breath, step back and consider what type of business you're REALLY want. Don't worry about getting traffic or buying that expensive traffic product until you know 1) what your business model is, 2) what niche you're in and 3) WHO your target market is!

          Successful business people will tell you that MARKETING is more than half the effort that's needed for success anyway. So pick a niche, target market and business model. Then spend most of your time and effort marketing it.

          If you DON'T have a solid plan or system, THAT'S when it's hard. A good system will shave YEARS (and save you big $$$) off of your learning curve

          That's why I recommend investing in at least one good, comprehensive IM course (or mentor who will give you such a system) instead of jumping from one $37 e-book to the next. A lot of people here complain about not being able to make any money. But neither are they willing to invest in their business. (Buying a random bunch of $37 e-books doesn't count.)

          The best thing I ever did was invest in a comprehensive IM course aimed at REAL business owners, not just other IM wannabes. Yes it was $1500. (It's no longer available.) But it was truly some of the best A-Z IM info I ever bought. Everything else I've learned (from the $37 e-books) since has simply been plugged into this system.

          Get a solid plan or system and then work the plan!

          Hope this helps!

          Michelle
          Thanks,For the useful Information.Really great information.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5938181].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Eric Seiler
    Originally Posted by Ashish Poonia View Post

    I left my boring 9-5 job 3 days ago.
    Congratulations, now you have a boring 5-9 job!

    Okay, it isn't all boring, but it can be tedious at times. :p
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5938068].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Kris Johnson Mac
    Ouch.

    So you left your job? Bit premature if you ask me
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5938185].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Ashish Poonia
      Banned
      Originally Posted by Kris Johnson Mac View Post

      Ouch.

      So you left your job? Bit premature if you ask me
      What do you mean by this??
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5938451].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Aussie_Al
        Originally Posted by Ashish Poonia View Post

        What do you mean by this??
        he means you have made no money , have no real understanding of how IM works and you quit your job!

        Most people wait until they at least are making enough through IM to replace their monthly salary before they quit
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5938460].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Ashish Poonia
          Banned
          Originally Posted by Aussie_Al View Post

          he means you have made no money , have no real understanding of how IM works and you quit your job!

          Most people wait until they at least are making enough through IM to replace their monthly salary before they quit
          I have great ideas and i think i can convert them into cash
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5938494].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Birdi
          hey

          well firstly you should not have quit your 9-5 job, because your going to need to invest money into this as it is a business, unless you have some cash or savings in the bank to invest.

          Follow what has already been said above and stick to 1 business model, pick 1 niche, and make sure you build your list, that should be your main focus, set up a blog in your niche and build your authority and relationship with your list .

          main focus build your list... and follow the above steps... also learn from this forum and join the war room, you can get alot of free products, and quality information in there to learn from. personally i would get a job and work on this business until, it generates money that replaces your full time income.

          good luck and ask as much questions in this forum people are willing to help

          birdi
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5938663].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Randall Magwood
    You could get started for 100% free with a Blogger blog, Google Adsense, and Clickbank. Just study up on ways to get alot of traffic to your blog, and within months you'll see some results from your hard work.
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5938519].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Emily B
      IM takes a lot of hard work to get started. It's a risky move to quit your job and jump in because you could find that you hate IM just as much as your last job. I hope this isn't the case for you.

      Stay focused like Nightengale said and try to stay positive. If you lose your enthusiasm for your own business, no one will want to buy from you anyway.
      Signature

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5938605].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Ashish Poonia
      Banned
      Originally Posted by Randall Magwood View Post

      You could get started for 100% free with a Blogger blog, Google Adsense, and Clickbank. Just study up on ways to get alot of traffic to your blog, and within months you'll see some results from your hard work.
      Just created a blog and signed up with google adsense..I think it will give me a good income
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5938806].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author prasanth5
    To begin with all you have to do is read the experiences of various Internet marketers across the globe, how they have fared in their businesses, their success stories and all that. Have some job or the other supporting your IM endeavors.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5938566].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jay Brass
    Originally Posted by Ashish Poonia View Post

    Hi,
    I am new at Internet Marketing.I left my boring 9-5 job 3 days ago.
    I want to start earning from Internet Marketing But where to start from.
    Ho to start my Online business.
    Suggestions Please.
    Thanks for the help.
    I respect your courage of quitting your 9-5 job. I'm not going to tell you that it was a dumb idea to quit without any knowledge of internet marketing because that doesn't help you progress.

    In order to make money in internet marketing, you're going to need to learn the basics and then build onto learning web design and advanced techniques. Read about all types of internet business (affiliate marketing, e-commerce, AdSense, content sites, etc.) and see what interests you the most.

    Read a lot of informational manuals and attend as many free webinars as you can (SEO.com offers some good free ones). Go on YouTube for some free instructional videos and begin learning!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5938635].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author rmolina88
    I came into this thread thinking you quit your 9-5 since you made it as an IM'er.

    I didn't exactly expect the reverse..

    Start building that list!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5938710].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author gasman
    My first suggestion as many will tell you, you shouldn't start IM without a regular job for backup. Most people don't even make it in Im much less make money fast enough to make up for their regular job right away. As far as where to start, you've already done it you came to this forum. This forum is loaded with people and ways to make money online. Use the search button and ask questions and implement a plan and stick to it. There is no secret button it takes work.
    Signature
    READY SET COMEDY PODCAST

    Bored? Need a laugh? Find us on iTunes or wherever you listen to podcasts.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5938840].message }}

Trending Topics