I just completed a marathon session putting the final touches on a legal term sheet with my counterpart at Google, Jess Terfun, Esq., for Google to buy out the Warrior Forum.
As you might expect, the world's best forum about monetizing the Internet was too juicy a target for the world's largest Internet company to ignore.
Here are the primary details and what to expect:
- Within 90 days of today, April 1st, the great fools day, Google is to exchange stock worth $150 million in return for control of the forum. Although the majority of stock will be going to Allen, a separate fund is being set aside to pay stock to Warriors based on the number of posts they have as of yesterday. Final details will follow when percentages and numbers are confirmed.
(Note: Do NOT Spam the Forum to Bump Your Post Account. Posts Made Today Forward Do Not Count to Avoid Forum Abuses.)
- Forum accounts will be integrated with Google+ accounts.
- PM will become integrated with gmail.
- Google Checkout will become the standard method of making purchases through the forum.
- The Warrior Special Offers ("WSO") forum will be renamed the Google Only Offers Forum ("GOOF"). Forum sellers will be referred to as GOOFS.
If you have any private questions please contact moderator Paul Myers. My PM box does not have the capacity to handle the flood of expected questions.