Advice For Whether To Keep My Site Or Sell It!

by marketinguk 49 replies
Hi fellow warriors,
I have a site promoting a well known market health muscle building product and spent a long time getting the site to convert as well as it can. In addition i got seo done on the site to move it up the rankings.

It is ranging between spots 2 and 3 for the main key terms. It is currently earning approx $400 a month and this amount has been steadily increasing and i'm hoping could make me around $500 approx this month. I am unsure as to whether i should try and get it up to spots 1 over time and earn more from it per month or whther to try and sell it now for a solid profit on flippa.
Please let me know your ideas here as although i am doing well generally online at the moment i'm unsure in this case what to do?
Thanks
#main internet marketing discussion forum #advice #sell #site
Avatar of Unregistered
  • Profile picture of the author SeoKnightsInc
    Selling it at filppa wont be a good idea. Your site is improving so i will suggest you to have little more patience and work more on it. I was also in same situation but then i worked on it and now in just 1 months its earning tripled and so is the traffic.

    Many time for new sites we dont realize the true potential and sell it. If you want to sell it it will go around 5000$. I will suggest not to sell it. If something is working dont break it as most of times your next site may not perform well like this.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5971858].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author marketinguk
      Thanks for your reply, what would you focus on now would it be more on site to try and continue twaeking it till i get the best results with my epc's or off site - seo etc, or both equally? Although i am quite successful at the moment online sometimes i find it's important to get as much advice from others who are neutral to help me in my decision (i.e. i need to take a step back and listen to others)
      Thanks
      Originally Posted by pbbiet View Post

      Selling it at filppa wont be a good idea. Your site is improving so i will suggest you to have little more patience and work more on it. I was also in same situation but then i worked on it and now in just 1 months its earning tripled and so is the traffic.

      Many time for new sites we dont realize the true potential and sell it. If you want to sell it it will go around 5000$. I will suggest not to sell it. If something is working dont break it as most of times your next site may not perform well like this.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5971931].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author sbucciarel
    Banned
    Only you can decide which way to go. Either way should be profitable for you. I always think about the fickle Google and what goes up can come down just as quickly, but if you think you can get it to make more money without irritating Google with your SEO, do it.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5971966].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author marketinguk
      That's a great point and one which i forgot to mention in the beginning. It's impossible to know with google which way is the best to go as like you said what goes up can always come down with a bang, even though the site is over a year old etc.
      However, like someone mentioned earlier the earnings are picking up every month steadily which is a good indictation i guess.
      Thanks
      Originally Posted by sbucciarel View Post

      Only you can decide which way to go. Either way should be profitable for you. I always think about the fickle Google and what goes up can come down just as quickly, but if you think you can get it to make more money without irritating Google with your SEO, do it.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5972000].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author sbucciarel
        Banned
        Originally Posted by affilliate pro View Post

        That's a great point and one which i forgot to mention in the beginning. It's impossible to know with google which way is the best to go as like you said what goes up can always come down with a bang, even though the site is over a year old etc.
        However, like someone mentioned earlier the earnings are picking up every month steadily which is a good indictation i guess.
        Thanks
        Does it have unique content? If so, and you don't go nuts with backlinking, it could hold steady and not get penalized since it's been doing well for a year.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5972014].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author marketinguk
          It does have unique content, all the articles on it are unique. It isn't a huge site with tons of articles but it does preety well non the same. I has been earning for approx 6 months, and started at about $25 for the first month and has steadily been making more per month. Last month it made me $395 which was comfortably it's best month, and like i said it could make $500 this month.
          Thanks
          Originally Posted by sbucciarel View Post

          Does it have unique content? If so, and you don't go nuts with backlinking, it could hold steady and not get penalized since it's been doing well for a year.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5972058].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author James.N
    Personally, I would keep it and keep getting that monthly income. Continue to try to grow that site and maybe start another if you have the time.

    I would sell the site if you need a lump sum of cash to fund a new project or site though. I guess it depends what your future plans are.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5972003].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author tumbi
    Hi

    It all depends on you, do you think it would be easy to keep it at the top, and how much demand is in the product, because sometimes i feel that health product change alot and new products come in the market replacing the old ones, so would your site make you the same amount of money then as well.

    Recurring income is best, but with these sites, there is always this uncertainty of being beaten by other affiliates or products being out dated and you lose ranking.

    If you can get a good price on flippa, i would say sell it and rinse and repeat what you did with this website and make few other websites like these, because now you know how these affiliate websites work and your next one will be or i can say chances are that it would give you results much faster.

    I hope this makes sense.

    Cheers
    Signature
    IF YOU FAIL TO PLAN YOU PLAN TO FAIL

    With Alex Jeffrey's Coaching, I started my own blog... Check it out it's my story - My Journey to Success
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5972056].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author marketinguk
      This is a valid point, however, the product has benn around for close to a decade so it clearly still sells pretty well. Whether it used to sell better i don't know i've only been promoting it properly for about 6 months. With that in mind would that change your opinion here?
      Thanks
      Originally Posted by tumbi View Post

      Hi

      It all depends on you, do you think it would be easy to keep it at the top, and how much demand is in the product, because sometimes i feel that health product change alot and new products come in the market replacing the old ones, so would your site make you the same amount of money then as well.

      Recurring income is best, but with these sites, there is always this uncertainty of being beaten by other affiliates or products being out dated and you lose ranking.

      If you can get a good price on flippa, i would say sell it and rinse and repeat what you did with this website and make few other websites like these, because now you know how these affiliate websites work and your next one will be or i can say chances are that it would give you results much faster.

      I hope this makes sense.

      Cheers
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5972087].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author NXmarketeer
    A site like this can sell pretty well on Flippa! lots of cash to invest on other projects
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5972164].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author marketinguk
      What kind of cash do you think it can earn, someone suggested earlier $5k what do you think, i don't normally sell my successful sites? Also, do you think it really is wortyh me selling or are you just saying if i chose to sell it would do well for me to fund other projects?
      Thanks
      Originally Posted by NXmarketeer View Post

      A site like this can sell pretty well on Flippa! lots of cash to invest on other projects
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5972251].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author stephenwaldo
    My advice would be to go ahead and sell it. I personally decide when I register the domain whether this is a site I plan to sell or not, but the fact that you're thinking about selling at all tells me you're not sentimentally attached to the website.

    Think about this - it probably takes between $250 - $500 to outsource the creation and promotion of a site like the one you've built, plus a little elbow grease on the side. So, if you sell it for $5,000 now (not an unreasonable price at all) and invest that money into re-developing your portfolio, you could create 10 - 20 sites just like the one you have now. Sure, it'll take more time, more work, and they won't all be gangbuster-$500-per-month-sites, but at least a few of them will be, and you can sell the rest (again) to repeat the process!

    Just my thoughts.
    Signature
    Need an awesome ghostwriter to fill in for you?

    Check out StephenWaldo.com
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5972285].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author SeoKnightsInc
      Originally Posted by stephenwaldo View Post

      it probably takes between $250 - $500 to outsource the creation and promotion of a site like the one you've built, plus a little elbow grease on the side. So, if you sell it for $5,000 now (not an unreasonable price at all) and invest that money into re-developing your portfolio, you could create 10 - 20 sites just like the one you have now. Sure, it'll take more time, more work, and they won't all be gangbuster-$500-per-month-sites, but at least a few of them will be, and you can sell the rest (again) to repeat the process!
      You may end up creating 10-20 sites like that but they wont be given same trust and authority by google as your present site did. You can go on with it, there are many people who will ask you not to put all your eggs in one basket but if you are taking good care of that site than you really need not to worry. It really takes a lot to get good trust in Google and there is no niche where you cant find hundreds of keywords and long tail k/w.

      In my case my site was getting 300 hundred visitors daily and just after one month it reached to 3000/day and one month later it is now 5500+ visitors daily and about 50% of my trafic comes from long tail k/w i.e getting 2500 visitors /day from long tail shows the power of long tail and i had not optimized my site for any of that k/w it comes naturally just because i had a loooot of content on my site now.

      As you put more and more fresh unique quality content your site gets much more value then even established websites for long tail k/w in my niche other sites are about 3 years+ old and to be very honest i too become very shocked when i see my pages ranking higher than those sites. Quality content is really important. For me quality means well researched content with 1000+ words generally 1200+ words, may be due to that i am getting better ranking from those giants in my niche for long tail k/w as most of there articles are about 300-450 words. I think Matt Cutts is right when he says that Google loves content more than backlinks.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5973504].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author stephenwaldo
        Originally Posted by affilliate pro View Post

        Thanks for your response Stephen. I can't be 100% certain it will increase in popularity over the upcoming period but as it's a muscle building product i'm assuming it will get more popular the further into spring and summer we get. Is this fair comment and if so would you recommend me to hold on to it till around July like you say? If it does let's say pick up and/or the rankings in that time rise to the top spots, and let's say it was making around $1,000 to $2,000 a month what kind of money do you think it would be reasonable to make from flippa on the sale?
        Thanks
        Very fair comment, sir, and yes I would. I think you could do 5 figures without difficulty. Generally, I believe you can estimate 8x - 12x multiplier on monthly revenue for $X,XXX/month sites, although I'm NOT speaking from experience because I haven't personally sold anything at that level.

        Originally Posted by pbbiet View Post

        You may end up creating 10-20 sites like that but they wont be given same trust and authority by google as your present site did. You can go on with it, there are many people who will ask you not to put all your eggs in one basket but if you are taking good care of that site than you really need not to worry. It really takes a lot to get good trust in Google and there is no niche where you cant find hundreds of keywords and long tail k/w.

        In my case my site was getting 300 hundred visitors daily and just after one month it reached to 3000/day and one month later it is now 5500+ visitors daily and about 50% of my trafic comes from long tail k/w i.e getting 2500 visitors /day from long tail shows the power of long tail and i had not optimized my site for any of that k/w it comes naturally just because i had a loooot of content on my site now.

        As you put more and more fresh unique quality content your site gets much more value then even established websites for long tail k/w in my niche other sites are about 3 years+ old and to be very honest i too become very shocked when i see my pages ranking higher than those sites. Quality content is really important. For me quality means well researched content with 1000+ words generally 1200+ words, may be due to that i am getting better ranking from those giants in my niche for long tail k/w as most of there articles are about 300-450 words. I think Matt Cutts is right when he says that Google loves content more than backlinks.
        I agree with what you're saying; I have a few "authority sites" of my own that I don't want to sell, but that's also because I enjoy writing for their niches, and thus there's no incentive to sell as opposed to maxing out the earnings.

        That being said, not everybody is a writer and not everybody wants to take the time to continuously create/hire content to get to the level that you're talking about.

        The "create small-medium sized sites and sell them once they're $XXX per month" business model is very solid, very secure (you're immune to the whims of Google), and requires much less 'caring' to develop. For some, that is an attractive alternative to the tried and true authority site model (which again, I do enjoy personally).
        Signature
        Need an awesome ghostwriter to fill in for you?

        Check out StephenWaldo.com
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5973868].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author marketinguk
          I think it also depends on how new you are to internet marketing whether someone will be comfortable and successful to build an authority site. The more experience and success people have with affiliate sites etc. the more confidence and understanding etc. will come. It should be treated as a business like any other and requires much time and research to get it right.
          Thanks
          Originally Posted by stephenwaldo View Post

          Very fair comment, sir, and yes I would. I think you could do 5 figures without difficulty. Generally, I believe you can estimate 8x - 12x multiplier on monthly revenue for ,XXX/month sites, although I'm NOT speaking from experience because I haven't personally sold anything at that level.



          I agree with what you're saying; I have a few "authority sites" of my own that I don't want to sell, but that's also because I enjoy writing for their niches, and thus there's no incentive to sell as opposed to maxing out the earnings.

          That being said, not everybody is a writer and not everybody wants to take the time to continuously create/hire content to get to the level that you're talking about.

          The "create small-medium sized sites and sell them once they're per month" business model is very solid, very secure (you're immune to the whims of Google), and requires much less 'caring' to develop. For some, that is an attractive alternative to the tried and true authority site model (which again, I do enjoy personally).
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5974768].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author carnivoreboar
        Originally Posted by pbbiet View Post

        In my case my site was getting 300 hundred visitors daily and just after one month it reached to 3000/day and one month later it is now 5500+ visitors daily and about 50% of my trafic comes from long tail k/w i.e getting 2500 visitors /day from long tail shows the power of long tail and i had not optimized my site for any of that k/w it comes naturally just because i had a loooot of content on my site now.

        As you put more and more fresh unique quality content your site gets much more value then even established websites for long tail k/w in my niche other sites are about 3 years+ old and to be very honest i too become very shocked when i see my pages ranking higher than those sites. Quality content is really important. For me quality means well researched content with 1000+ words generally 1200+ words, may be due to that i am getting better ranking from those giants in my niche for long tail k/w as most of there articles are about 300-450 words. I think Matt Cutts is right when he says that Google loves content more than backlinks.
        Hi Pbbiet, you mentioned on a thread earlier about ranking well for a site due to longer articles on your site, and gaining traffic fairly quickly. If you don't mind, could you tell me approximately how many articles you have on your site and also, are you manually doing backlinking, utilizing automated tools or is this outsourced? I'm just starting out and I'd appreciate any insight! (Sorry to hijack this thread, but I don't have enough posts yet to message anyone)
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5978485].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author marketinguk
          Just a tip why don't you go to his thread and ask him there as that would be the easiest way of discussing it further with him

          Originally Posted by carnivoreboar View Post

          Hi Pbbiet, you mentioned on a thread earlier about ranking well for a site due to longer articles on your site, and gaining traffic fairly quickly. If you don't mind, could you tell me approximately how many articles you have on your site and also, are you manually doing backlinking, utilizing automated tools or is this outsourced? I'm just starting out and I'd appreciate any insight! (Sorry to hijack this thread, but I don't have enough posts yet to message anyone)
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5978677].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author marketinguk
    As expected people have different opinions on this but it's really helpful so far in providing clarity in what i want to do here. But Stephen is right, however, i didn't create it i bought it a long time back and have developed it to where it is. In the short term this kind of product would normally pick up around now i.e. the spring/summer so would it make sense to keep it for the time being and then encash later?
    Thanks
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5972307].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author tumbi
      If the product is in demand, Is there potential to grow? Can you make it an authority site, selling more health products? If you think you can grow it, then keep it, but this is my strategy
      Currently you are on $400/month - you can bump it up to $600(hopefuly) you will earn $7200 in a year but with current situation you will be earning $4800 in a year. So if you get a price of $5000 in flippa, you made 1 Years profit straightaway, no need to worry about seo or anything. You can put your efforts on other website like this. But if you think that there is a potential for it to Grow to $1000/month then i would say keep it and work on it.

      I don't know if you are familiar with NPV(Net Present Value) in Accounting...basically it says that $400 after a year is not worth that much as $400 right now. So earning $5000 over the period will lose it's value over time due to inflation etc etc...haha can't believe i was paying attention to my accounting class years back.

      I hope this helps you in making decision.

      Cheers
      Signature
      IF YOU FAIL TO PLAN YOU PLAN TO FAIL

      With Alex Jeffrey's Coaching, I started my own blog... Check it out it's my story - My Journey to Success
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5972779].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author marketinguk
        Hi Tumbi thanks for the response. I am actually a trainee financial adviser as well as an internet marketer so i have studied all this kind of stuff like time value of money, future value vs present value, apr etc. so know exactly what you are referring to.
        Anyway back to now and my site it is set up as a muscle building product review site and i don't think i can actually make it an authority site to be honest. Would you however recommend me to try and get it up to the top spots and make some more before cahing in my chips on it and leveraging the money receieved for other things or not?
        Thanks

        Originally Posted by tumbi View Post

        If the product is in demand, Is there potential to grow? Can you make it an authority site, selling more health products? If you think you can grow it, then keep it, but this is my strategy
        Currently you are on $400/month - you can bump it up to $600(hopefuly) you will earn $7200 in a year but with current situation you will be earning $4800 in a year. So if you get a price of $5000 in flippa, you made 1 Years profit straightaway, no need to worry about seo or anything. You can put your efforts on other website like this. But if you think that there is a potential for it to Grow to $1000/month then i would say keep it and work on it.

        I don't know if you are familiar with NPV(Net Present Value) in Accounting...basically it says that $400 after a year is not worth that much as $400 right now. So earning $5000 over the period will lose it's value over time due to inflation etc etc...haha can't believe i was paying attention to my accounting class years back.

        I hope this helps you in making decision.

        Cheers
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5972833].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author marketinguk
    Does anyone have any ideas about how seasonal this kind of product is and if like i think it improves in popularity in the spring and summer should that be a factor in keeping it, and if so how much of a factor?
    Cheers
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5972605].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author stephenwaldo
      Originally Posted by affilliate pro View Post

      Does anyone have any ideas about how seasonal this kind of product is and if like i think it improves in popularity in the spring and summer should that be a factor in keeping it, and if so how much of a factor?
      Cheers
      Well, actually I didn't think of that… =/

      It being a health product, it's probably going to get more popular in the summer. It may very well be worth it to hold onto it for another few months and then sell it right as popularity peaks (probably July). This way you will have naturally high earnings to show in the auction, and you will have made those earnings yourself, and you will be missing out on the post-summer lull.

      Great question!
      Signature
      Need an awesome ghostwriter to fill in for you?

      Check out StephenWaldo.com
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5973284].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author marketinguk
        Thanks for your response Stephen. I can't be 100% certain it will increase in popularity over the upcoming period but as it's a muscle building product i'm assuming it will get more popular the further into spring and summer we get. Is this fair comment and if so would you recommend me to hold on to it till around July like you say? If it does let's say pick up and/or the rankings in that time rise to the top spots, and let's say it was making around $1,000 to $2,000 a month what kind of money do you think it would be reasonable to make from flippa on the sale?
        Thanks
        Originally Posted by stephenwaldo View Post

        Well, actually I didn't think of that… =/

        It being a health product, it's probably going to get more popular in the summer. It may very well be worth it to hold onto it for another few months and then sell it right as popularity peaks (probably July). This way you will have naturally high earnings to show in the auction, and you will have made those earnings yourself, and you will be missing out on the post-summer lull.

        Great question!
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5973332].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author powerofschool
    I suggest you to keep your website with you.

    It is growing to boom gradually and increase more and more.

    If you sell it for some thing. All your hardwork will be gone to vain at one time.

    You may get lesser now. Your revenue will be increased gradually and because you made this website, you will be more happy in the feature.

    Do think twice while doing any thing.

    Any way final decision is yours.
    Signature

    kranthi

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5972803].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Randall Magwood
    If it's a downloadable product and you have to do no maintenance on it... i would keep the site. If it's a physical product and you hate shipping it out every time you get a sale... sell the site.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5972938].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author marketinguk
      No i'm an affiliate promoting the product the shipping side of it is dealt with by the droppshipping company. The only work is outsourcing the seo and the cost that brings with it which btw isn't very much!
      Thanks
      Originally Posted by Randall Magwood View Post

      If it's a downloadable product and you have to do no maintenance on it... i would keep the site. If it's a physical product and you hate shipping it out every time you get a sale... sell the site.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5972967].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Sillysoft
    There really isnt a right or wrong answer to this, just risk. If you keep it you can hope to continue to build it and make the same amount or more per month. But you risk google having a fit and your site falls in ranking.

    You can sell it and get the current value, however the risk would be what if? What if you kept it and it made more money then you lose out on the extra money it could of made.

    My first site I decided to sell even though I was making over $1000 a month in adsense revenue. Because I decided I rather get a lump sum money to help fund my other projects I wanted to do.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5973021].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author marketinguk
      Thanks for that i agree it is all about risk, however everyone's different take on it and different opinions on the matter help me form a clear picture of what i feel is right for me in this case as i am genuinely undecided. So far there's been some really great points, yours included.
      Cheers
      Originally Posted by Sillysoft View Post

      There really isnt a right or wrong answer to this, just risk. If you keep it you can hope to continue to build it and make the same amount or more per month. But you risk google having a fit and your site falls in ranking.

      You can sell it and get the current value, however the risk would be what if? What if you kept it and it made more money then you lose out on the extra money it could of made.

      My first site I decided to sell even though I was making over $1000 a month in adsense revenue. Because I decided I rather get a lump sum money to help fund my other projects I wanted to do.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5973084].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author tumbi
    Hi,
    Is $400/month enough for you, No right, you will be making more websites like this isn't it. So i would say sell this one(if you get good price - atleast a year's profit) and concentrate/focus on the other websites which you will be making.
    If i were you i would sell it....
    As you said you are just Outsourcing SEO and few other things with it, isn't it better to use the same SEO money for other sites and get the profit for this one.
    I don't know how much money will you be able to rake in if you are at the top?
    How long will it take to reach the top?
    What is the competition for the keyword you are ranking?

    I don't know the answers of above questions, but still my opinion is that you should sell it if you get good price.

    Cheers
    Signature
    IF YOU FAIL TO PLAN YOU PLAN TO FAIL

    With Alex Jeffrey's Coaching, I started my own blog... Check it out it's my story - My Journey to Success
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5973113].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author marketinguk
      Hi if the site hit the top it would make something like $1,000-$2,000 a month. As for how long it would take to get there i really don't know i hope soon (i think it may get there sometime this month although it's impossible to say for sure)
      As for the competition it is medium for 2 of the 3 main terms i am trying to rank for and for the third it is easy? I am really torn here what to do to be honest.
      Thanks
      Originally Posted by tumbi View Post

      Hi,
      Is $400/month enough for you, No right, you will be making more websites like this isn't it. So i would say sell this one(if you get good price - atleast a year's profit) and concentrate/focus on the other websites which you will be making.
      If i were you i would sell it....
      As you said you are just Outsourcing SEO and few other things with it, isn't it better to use the same SEO money for other sites and get the profit for this one.
      I don't know how much money will you be able to rake in if you are at the top?
      How long will it take to reach the top?
      What is the competition for the keyword you are ranking?

      I don't know the answers of above questions, but still my opinion is that you should sell it if you get good price.

      Cheers
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5973191].message }}
  • It depends.. Do you need the money right now, for a new project, IRL stuff?? Then flip it. Else I think you should keep it and use it for testing (Also nice with $400 too ).
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5973991].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author marketinguk
      Yeah it sounds like it makes sense to keep it for the upcoming spring/summer and then see what happens next. The main downside seems to be google's updates which have already affected some of my sites recently.
      Originally Posted by Frederik Jorgensen View Post

      It depends.. Do you need the money right now, for a new project, IRL stuff?? Then flip it. Else I think you should keep it and use it for testing (Also nice with $400 too ).
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5974589].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author marketinguk
    Why do you feel this so strongly most others are more on the fence about it and saying it depends if i want a lump sum or feel it will improve more soon etc.
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by backlinkspackets View Post

    Sell it, only if you need money urgently!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5974599].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author srh41
    why don't you make 10 more. I mean you did it dude! your making money... dosn't matter how much as it does consistantly. If I were you I would do it again and again, duplicate your process, you should be a little quicker this time as you know what worked for you. 1 at a time and bam before you know it you will have an empire!
    Good Luck and please keep us all posted!
    Signature
    Strike where their is lots of Competition!!!!.....If you don't........... it's like opening a business in the country.....
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5976623].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Dan Curtis
      I was reading in a forum not too long ago, and someone wrote asking what his Steinway Model D piano (the model D is the 8 feet 11 1/2 inch concert grand) was worth. One of the members wrote and said, "Sorry, but that piano isn't worth much...

      But I'll take it off your hands. Where can I send the check"

      So, sorry to say, but a site that only brings in a few hundred a month isn't worth much...

      But I'll take it off your hands. Where can I send the check?
      Signature

      The world is quite ruthless in selecting between the dream and the reality, even where we will not. Between the wish and the thing the world lies waiting. -- Cormac McCarthy

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5977238].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author marketinguk
      The only thing is i didn't create it, i bought it from someone else and then changed the on site and worked off site as well. Does this change your opinions about it?
      Thanks
      Originally Posted by srh41 View Post

      why don't you make 10 more. I mean you did it dude! your making money... dosn't matter how much as it does consistantly. If I were you I would do it again and again, duplicate your process, you should be a little quicker this time as you know what worked for you. 1 at a time and bam before you know it you will have an empire!
      Good Luck and please keep us all posted!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5977757].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author seococonuts
    You shouldn't sell this site at all. Like srh41 mentions above, duplicate this process over and over and you could be on the way to your empire. Sell it and you may regret it.
    Signature
    BarryinSiam - 1300++ Happy Seo Clients @ Seoclerks

    Love discounts? Find me on Facebook- Barryinsiam
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5977153].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author marketinguk
      Like i said above i didn't create the site i bought it off someone else and devloped it and get it ranked steadily over time so i couldn't just rinse and repeat. It's the same with all my sites i buy them and build them up from there.
      Thanks
      Originally Posted by seococonuts View Post

      You shouldn't sell this site at all. Like srh41 mentions above, duplicate this process over and over and you could be on the way to your empire. Sell it and you may regret it.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5978179].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author brainstorm1
    I think it depends on how sure you are of your site. If you don't have quality backlinks and stand to get penalized then it might be a good time to flip it. However, if you think you can keep the $500 per month in recurring profits, then it might be a good idea to hang on to it.

    Personally I would replicate what you have done about 10 times and keep selling on flippa. Six of those a year and you're not doing too badly salary wise.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5977314].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author runner
    If you need the money, that`s the solution
    and you`ll sell.

    But if you want to continue with IM, stop and think a little bit.
    You have a site, which is a growing business, I mean
    $ 400 a month is a good start and you know the way
    upwards.

    If you`sell and think you can create a new business, which
    will sell much more, that is not guaranteed.
    It is always a better way to continue a present business
    by trying to find ways and means to attract more visitors
    or to grow the CTR of the present ones.

    Your niche seems to work.
    Why dont you simply write more content and continue
    the same promotion strategy and make the site really to fly.

    I think in most cases the owners sell, because
    they are afraid. But there are any niches
    without a business risk.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5978205].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author marketinguk
      thanks runner i understand the points you are making and what you say is logical.
      Thanks for the advice
      Originally Posted by runner View Post

      If you need the money, that`s the solution
      and you`ll sell.

      But if you want to continue with IM, stop and think a little bit.
      You have a site, which is a growing business, I mean
      $ 400 a month is a good start and you know the way
      upwards.

      If you`sell and think you can create a new business, which
      will sell much more, that is not guaranteed.
      It is always a better way to continue a present business
      by trying to find ways and means to attract more visitors
      or to grow the CTR of the present ones.

      Your niche seems to work.
      Why dont you simply write more content and continue
      the same promotion strategy and make the site really to fly.

      I think in most cases the owners sell, because
      they are afraid. But there are any niches
      without a business risk.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5978221].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author AndyBlackSEO
    You'd be surprised how many more visitors you could get by nailing the no.1 spot for your keywords. My advice is to invest some of this income on good, solid link building. Ie - get high quality articles written and create some solid, unique web properties or supporting sites. You don't need to go daft with it... Just steady away.

    You have an earner with potential. You 'may' not be so lucky next time. At least max it's potential and revenue before deciding to flip it for a larger amount.
    Signature
    The Worlds Most Effective Video Creation and Marketing Software... CLICK HERE ...
    ... Create and rank professional marketing videos fast and efficiently.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5978254].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author marketinguk
      Hi Andy thanks for that short and succinct advice, and so far overall most people seem to be of this opinion to try and slowly work at getting it edging up to spots 1 and in a few months time maybe look to flip it on then.
      Cheers
      Originally Posted by AndyBlackSEO View Post

      You'd be surprised how many more visitors you could get by nailing the no.1 spot for your keywords. My advice is to invest some of this income on good, solid link building. Ie - get high quality articles written and create some solid, unique web properties or supporting sites. You don't need to go daft with it... Just steady away.

      You have an earner with potential. You 'may' not be so lucky next time. At least max it's potential and revenue before deciding to flip it for a larger amount.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5978267].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author marketinguk
    Hi Alyona, thanks for the interest, i have sent you a pm.
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Alyona The Publicist View Post

    Hi Affiliate Pro,

    If you have a website and are thinking about selling it, I am interested, I have been buying websites for the last 3 years so I assure you that I know what I am doing.

    Contrary to other marketers who buy websites with an intent to resell them and try doing a profit, I buy websites and continue developing them. So I assure you that the price I will offer you is way higher than what other people might offer you.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5978450].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author lotsofsnow
    Yes, you can put 1,000 word articles on your site to make it rank better. Very few people do that because they want to save money. It works excellent.

    All others make short 200 to 500 word articles. If you make 1,000 word articles (unique and really helpful) you will outrank ll others pretty soon.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5982697].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author marketinguk
      Thanks this is a bit different to what's being discussed but it's a valid point non the less.

      Originally Posted by hpgoodboy View Post

      Yes, you can put 1,000 word articles on your site to make it rank better. Very few people do that because they want to save money. It works excellent.

      All others make short 200 to 500 word articles. If you make 1,000 word articles (unique and really helpful) you will outrank ll others pretty soon.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5983718].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author clickcentive
    i say keep the site and find new streams of revenue. There's tons of ways to make money once your site gets traffic, dont limit yourself to just one or two
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5984024].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author marketinguk
      Fair point and this is one no one has yet stated.
      Thanks
      Originally Posted by clickcentive View Post

      i say keep the site and find new streams of revenue. There's tons of ways to make money once your site gets traffic, dont limit yourself to just one or two
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5986762].message }}
Avatar of Unregistered

Trending Topics