Thought I'd get the article marketers in the thread before I pop the questions for the veterans... Well, I figured you'd be pretty pissed off with lazybone marketers who go ahead with repetitive thread topics, so I dug up a search and went through posts like these:
What is Syndication
Increasing Likelihood of Syndication
... And they didn't hit the nail on the head, yet. But for the sake of the others...
Here's the blueprint so far from the posts:
Preparatory Article-Writing Phase
a) Write 1k-1.2k words for the article.
b) Make it entertaining, controversial, provocative.
c) Don't put a hint of a sales pitch anywhere or mention a product.
Syndication Submission Phase
1) Sign up @ Directory Of Ezines
2) Submit articles to Ezine publishers in same niche
3) Submit articles to blogs and sites in same niche/context (which I probably think is guestblogging)
4) Submit articles to trade journals and professional magazines through Writers' Market.
5) Submit articles to small regional newspapers through newspapers.com
6) Submit articles to top article directories through EZinearticles, goarticles, articlebase etc for syndication
I know this might sound annoying to the article syndicators, and maybe even amateurish - but I have a reason for sticking with SEO (ranking in Google) as a traffic source instead of "article marketing".
So the question is...
...If I am leaning towards harvesting traffic from the Search networks like in Google... And wish to gather "backlinks" from syndication, how would you go about doing it?
*Note: Not asking anything about spinning articles, alternative backlinking methods, blog networks.