Pinterest is #3 of All Social Networks

27 replies
Pinterest beats out LinkedIn, Tagged and the BIG G, Google+!!!

1. Facebook: 7 billion
2. Twitter: 182 million
3. Pinterest: 104 million
4. LinkedIn: 86 million
5. Tagged: 72 million
6. Google+: 61 million

Pinterest is Now the No. 3 Social Network in the U.S. [STUDY]

It wont be long til it beats out Twitter, so get Pinned Today!

x
#facebook #google #networks #pinterest #social #twitter
  • Profile picture of the author ryanmilligan
    Banned
    Its nothing new. There isn't anything new about photo-sharing. It will die out soon, in my opinion.

    Its basically just tumblr, but somehow it got viral.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5991975].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Always-A-Warrior
    Everyone has their own opinion to everything. Pinterest just started out so its something new. Nobody ever seen Pinterest in the past so you cannot say its nothing new. Pinterest is new and whether they survive or not is still remain to be seen. Alteast they remain active among big brand names.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5992172].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Ashera
    Not only that but Pinterest sent more referrals to websites than Twitter in February- that's the latest stat I can find, but I'm sure its only growing

    Signature
    If you don't change direction, you'll end up where you're going.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5992205].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author LetsGoViral
    I believe bots are to be thankful for. There was an interview with a guy who ran about 10k+ bots on Pinterest making 1k$+ daily. I wonder how long will this last.
    Signature
    Time of thinking is over.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5994856].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author John Romaine
    Earths current population is 6,840,507,003


    Yet, somehow according to your statistics, Facebook has 7 billion members. :rolleyes:
    Signature

    BS free SEO services, training and advice - SEO Point

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5995633].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author dbwebdesignz
      Originally Posted by John Romaine View Post

      Earths current population is 6,840,507,003


      Yet, somehow according to your statistics, Facebook has 7 billion members. :rolleyes:
      Quality. lol

      As far as i know it has 700 Million. Might be 800 Million now though.
      Signature
      Lets Us Do Your Back linking >>> The Best SENuke X Campaign <<< Panda and Penguin friendly

      Cheap Web Hosting £2.49 per month
      London Website Design
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5996077].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Mike Hlatky
      Originally Posted by John Romaine View Post

      Earths current population is 6,840,507,003


      Yet, somehow according to your statistics, Facebook has 7 billion members. :rolleyes:
      And for the people who didn't read the article, in total visits in February was a key point.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5996106].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Always-A-Warrior
      Originally Posted by John Romaine View Post

      Earths current population is 6,840,507,003


      Yet, somehow according to your statistics, Facebook has 7 billion members. :rolleyes:
      Its quite obvious you didn't read the article.

      Quote: Experian rep Matt Tatham says Pinterest beat its next-closest competitor, LinkedIn, in total visits in February.
      Signature
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5997386].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author John Romaine
        Originally Posted by Always-A-Warrior View Post

        Its quite obvious you didn't read the article.
        Meh, reading the article is a minor detail

        ...quickly goes back and reads article
        Signature

        BS free SEO services, training and advice - SEO Point

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5999941].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author achukuttan
    Guys are making hundreds of thousands of dollars with pinterest. In forums like BHW, I saw some selling pinterest bots....

    There are many projects came out in websites likes freelancer asking for pinterest followers and fiverr gigs are already doing that....

    Cant think that pinterest will get a decline, by seeing how it got an alexa rank of 51!!!!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5995695].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author stephenwaldo
    Originally Posted by Johnsonconsulting1 View Post

    I actually don't understand the rage about Pinterest.

    To me...Instagram is MUCH better if you just have a need to do image-based social media. I don't get Pinterest at all
    Originally Posted by ryanmilligan View Post

    Its nothing new. There isn't anything new about photo-sharing. It will die out soon, in my opinion.

    Its basically just tumblr, but somehow it got viral.
    Did Steve Jobs invent the MP3 player?

    Did McDonald's invent the cheeseburger?

    It doesn't matter who did it first, it matters who did it best.

    Pinterest clearly did something right, because they have grown explosively. Even faster than Google+ which had the full weight of a multi-hundred-billion dollar corporation behind it.

    I don't think that Pinterest is going anywhere… I finally decided that I'm going to start learning about it this weekend while I have some free time. Maybe get around to requesting an account or whatever. It definitely seems like there's a lot of money to be made, and a lot of followers to be had.
    Signature
    Need an awesome ghostwriter to fill in for you?

    Check out StephenWaldo.com
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5995791].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author ryanmilligan
      Banned
      Originally Posted by stephenwaldo View Post

      Did Steve Jobs invent the MP3 player?

      Did McDonald's invent the cheeseburger?

      It doesn't matter who did it first, it matters who did it best.

      Pinterest clearly did something right, because they have grown explosively. Even faster than Google+ which had the full weight of a multi-hundred-billion dollar corporation behind it.

      I don't think that Pinterest is going anywhere… I finally decided that I'm going to start learning about it this weekend while I have some free time. Maybe get around to requesting an account or whatever. It definitely seems like there's a lot of money to be made, and a lot of followers to be had.
      EDIT: Never mind, what I wrote didn't make sense.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5997984].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author erichammer
    Facebook has around 800 million subscribers. To reach the 7 billion total you mention, they'd need to be translated into Klingon and Vulcan. Or at the very least, they'd need to be able to speak Wookie. Or perhaps they have been assimilated by the collective and resistance has become futile, even to extra terrestrials...

    Eric (who has spent entirely too much time watching and reading Star Trek, Star Wars and every other kind of SciFi movie, TV show and book out there)
    Signature
    Why waste your time hiring a cheap writer? Cheap writers don't write stuff that converts!

    Get the conversions you need and deserve with my professional, viral writing services.

    Free SEO included at no additional charge!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5995985].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author botninja
    Pinterest is good if you know what you are doing. I am not a person who knows what they are doing (unfortunately!) in internet marketing, thats why I am here and other places (like BHW as its been mentioned here!)

    I am, however, one of the people giving away and selling Pinterest bots and I think Always-A-Warrior is right. The amount of people, knowledgeable people in the IM arena, buying is phenomenal so there is definitely something with Pinterest.

    Perhaps when Pinterest gets saturated (if it ever does) you can always fall back to the other Pinterest-like sites (looking at you Pinspire.com )
    Signature
    Need something automated? Take a look at The Bot Shop
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5996042].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jay Wessman
    Jeez that was quick.

    I keep meaning to look a bit more into it but haven't gotten around to it. Plus I don't really think any of my sites/products would really appeal to their demographic.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5996107].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author SocialMediaOwls
    Never under estimate the power of women. I invented a product in 2001 that catered to womens needs in gaming and I will forever cater to womens needs/addictions online.

    Women have been good to me.
    Signature

    Health and Fitness niche Affiliate Program | High CTR/EPC | Personal Account Manager 24/7 support https://influencer.bulksupplements.com

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5997481].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Always-A-Warrior
      Originally Posted by SocialMediaOwls View Post

      Never under estimate the power of women. I invented a product in 2001 that catered to womens needs in gaming and I will forever cater to womens needs/addictions online.

      Women have been good to me.
      I hope your wife agree to what you're doing. lol

      But you are absolutely right. Women spends money much more than men for centuries.
      Signature
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5997703].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author FreshFireOne
        Originally Posted by ryanmilligan View Post

        Its nothing new. There isn't anything new about photo-sharing. It will die out soon, in my opinion.

        Its basically just tumblr, but somehow it got viral.
        Agreed.... (again that is MY opinion - everyone is entitled to an opinion)

        Originally Posted by Always-A-Warrior View Post

        Pinterest is new and whether they survive or not is still remain to be seen. Alteast they remain active among big brand names.
        Kind of agree with this it's a new way of presenting content.... (again that is MY opinion - everyone is entitled to an opinion)
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5997776].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author SocialMediaOwls
        Originally Posted by Always-A-Warrior View Post

        I hope your wife agree to what you're doing. lol

        But you are absolutely right. Women spends money much more than men for centuries.

        Ummm...my wife told me to smack Pinterest in the chops back in November and I laughed at her.

        Literally, laughed in her face. I said what everyone here said. It is stupid, it's just for women, it's a fad.....blah blah blah, you name it I said it to her face.

        I've been married to her for 10 years and if there are TWO THINGS I could go back and change in the marriage one would be that moment in November when she told me FOUR TIMES that month to go bitch smack Pinterest.

        HUGE mistake. HUGE. I didn't get around to optimizing Pinterest until February. I literally missed hundreds of thousands of hits and leads I could have had when Pinterest was wild west territory.
        Signature

        Health and Fitness niche Affiliate Program | High CTR/EPC | Personal Account Manager 24/7 support https://influencer.bulksupplements.com

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5998763].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author BigNorm
    Ride that wave while it lasts! I can't believe how keep it's caught on in New Zealand. Females seem to be leading this charge as well.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5997804].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author goindeep
    Originally Posted by Always-A-Warrior View Post

    Pinterest beats out LinkedIn, Tagged and the BIG G, Google+!!!

    1. Facebook: 7 billion
    2. Twitter: 182 million
    3. Pinterest: 104 million
    4. LinkedIn: 86 million
    5. Tagged: 72 million
    6. Google+: 61 million

    Pinterest is Now the No. 3 Social Network in the U.S. [STUDY]

    It wont be long til it beats out Twitter, so get Pinned Today!

    x
    Pinterest is actually the evil way women have planned to take over the Internet... totally plugging the hell outta my blog, but I just did a wicked article on WTF Pinterest is. Not sure if im allowed to post it here though, im sure you can find it.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5998160].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author BigNorm
      Originally Posted by Andrei Rotariu View Post

      Pinterest is actually the evil way women have planned to take over the Internet... totally plugging the hell outta my blog, but I just did a wicked article on WTF Pinterest is. Not sure if im allowed to post it here though, im sure you can find it.

      Agree 100%, my FB wall is now dotted with shoes, clothes and half naked male celebrates....
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5998618].message }}

Trending Topics