(Amazon) affiliate sales on Facebook

20 replies
I'm looking into affiliate sales on Facebook, and mostly looking towards the Amazon affiliate program.
I've been reading a lot and get very mixed views on this and was hoping someone with experience might set the record straight.

1. Am I allowed to post affiliate links on Facebook Pages?
2. Does Amazon allow their affiliates to post affiliate links on Facebook?
3. Are there any other affiliate networks that are better for Facebook that have a broad range of products?
4. How do I comply with the affiliate disclosure statement on Facebook? Do I need to express this on every post I link to Amazon?

Thanks in advance to experienced Warriors
#affiliate #amazon #facebook #sales
  • Profile picture of the author zaco
    Unfortunately I don't have the answers for your questions but why would you use Facebook in such a way ?

    I suggest you should build an authority site in your niche then

    1) Create reviews for the products

    1) Create a mailing list ( I still didn't do that since I am still building my site)

    3) Open a Facebook page and post your reviews pages from the original site there, just the links

    In this way you will get people to optin to your list and also have a Facebook page for you site that might get likes, your site + Facebook page will get indexed by Google and your chances of getting visitors are much more
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6043485].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author thorster
      Originally Posted by zaco View Post

      Unfortunately I don't have the answers for your questions but why would you use Facebook in such a way ?

      I suggest you should build an authority site in your niche then

      1) Create reviews for the products

      1) Create a mailing list ( I still didn't do that since I am still building my site)

      3) Open a Facebook page and post your reviews pages from the original site there, just the links

      In this way you will get people to optin to your list and also have a Facebook page for you site that might get likes, your site + Facebook page will get indexed by Google and your chances of getting visitors are much more
      Because I've put a lot of work into building a page within my niche with a large following.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6044342].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Ricebeans87
      Originally Posted by zaco View Post

      Unfortunately I don't have the answers for your questions but why would you use Facebook in such a way ?

      I suggest you should build an authority site in your niche then

      1) Create reviews for the products

      1) Create a mailing list ( I still didn't do that since I am still building my site)

      3) Open a Facebook page and post your reviews pages from the original site there, just the links

      In this way you will get people to optin to your list and also have a Facebook page for you site that might get likes, your site + Facebook page will get indexed by Google and your chances of getting visitors are much more
      I agree in all points, cause I´m doing the exact same thing :p
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6063639].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author johnben1444
    1. Am I allowed to post affiliate links on Facebook Pages?
    I really don't know but i will want to believe its possible because i promote other products via FB too.

    2. Does Amazon allow their affiliates to post affiliate links on Facebook?
    Sure.

    3. Are there any other affiliate networks that are better for Facebook that have a broad range of products?
    Facebook is not an affiliate network but a social networking site with PPC.

    4. How do I comply with the affiliate disclosure statement on Facebook? Do I need to express this on every post I link to Amazon?
    So long as you are the affiliate, you should be fine.
    Signature
    Grow your social media account, Spotify Streams, YT Views & IG Followers & More
    Software & Mobile APP Developer
    Buy Spotify, Facebook Bot & IG M/S Method
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6043527].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author thorster
      Originally Posted by johnben1444 View Post


      Facebook is not an affiliate network but a social networking site with PPC.



      So long as you are the affiliate, you should be fine.
      I know... I mean affiliate networks other than Amazon
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6044331].message }}
  • [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6044002].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author myob
      According to Amazon's TOS, you are not allowed to post affiliate links (including redirects) on sites you do not control. There are affiliates who do this, but Amazon has recently begun cracking down, especially with PPC advertisers. Even though this is not PPC or even real advertising, your safest route is to link to a presell/review site which you own. For clarification, you should ask Amazon staff, and keep their response as documented backup in case of possible "misunderstandings".
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6044058].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author thorster
        Originally Posted by myob View Post

        According to Amazon's TOS, you are not allowed to post affiliate links (including redirects) on sites you do not control. There are affiliates who do this, but Amazon has recently begun cracking down, especially with PPC advertisers. Even though this is not PPC or even real advertising, your safest route is to link to a presell/review site which you own. For clarification, you should ask Amazon staff, and keep their response as documented backup in case of possible "misunderstandings".
        I would be posting these on my own page that I set up and run.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6044336].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author myob
          Originally Posted by thorster View Post

          I would be posting these on my own page that I set up and run.
          Technically, it is not "your" page. Since Amazon is not entirely clear on its own TOS regarding this, it's best to get documented response from staff. Sending links to your own presell/review/landing page from these types of sites is generally the preferred method.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6059237].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author thorster
            Originally Posted by myob View Post

            Technically, it is not "your" page. Since Amazon is not entirely clear on its own TOS regarding this, it's best to get documented response from staff. Sending links to your own presell/review/landing page from these types of sites is generally the preferred method.
            I applied for an affiliate account only with my Facebook page listed as the selling website and was approved. So that should cover that question.

            What about posting the link on FB? Is it best to use a link shortener from Amazon?
            I've seen some people with issues using bit.ly and others although from what I can see from Amazon's answers on forums this is allowed.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6061778].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Rashell
        Originally Posted by myob View Post

        According to Amazon's TOS, you are not allowed to post affiliate links (including redirects) on sites you do not control. There are affiliates who do this, but Amazon has recently begun cracking down, especially with PPC advertisers. Even though this is not PPC or even real advertising, your safest route is to link to a presell/review site which you own. For clarification, you should ask Amazon staff, and keep their response as documented backup in case of possible "misunderstandings".
        It's kinda weird though cause while the TOS does say that, Amazon's Associate Site Stripe will allow you to add links, with your affiliate code intact, to faceBook and Twitter.

        So I'm thinking... as long as you login to fB as page you should be able to link from the site stripe to the page, since you're using the tools Amazon has supplied.

        Rashell
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6045373].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author EdBryant
    I'm looking into affiliate sales on Facebook, and mostly looking towards the Amazon affiliate program.
    I've been reading a lot and get very mixed views on this and was hoping someone with experience might set the record straight.

    1. Am I allowed to post affiliate links on Facebook Pages?

    Yes, they even work together with amazon to make sure links look nice & pics show up.

    2. Does Amazon allow their affiliates to post affiliate links on Facebook?

    Yes

    3. Are there any other affiliate networks that are better for Facebook that have a broad range of products?

    Not better IMO. Amazon is a beast.

    4. How do I comply with the affiliate disclosure statement on Facebook? Do I need to express this on every post I link to Amazon?

    No, I wouldn't worry about that. You can add a static html tab to your page and add the T&C stuff there.


    Good Luck!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6045390].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author thorster
      Originally Posted by EdBryant View Post

      I'm looking into affiliate sales on Facebook, and mostly looking towards the Amazon affiliate program.
      I've been reading a lot and get very mixed views on this and was hoping someone with experience might set the record straight.

      1. Am I allowed to post affiliate links on Facebook Pages?

      Yes, they even work together with amazon to make sure links look nice & pics show up.

      2. Does Amazon allow their affiliates to post affiliate links on Facebook?

      Yes

      3. Are there any other affiliate networks that are better for Facebook that have a broad range of products?

      Not better IMO. Amazon is a beast.

      4. How do I comply with the affiliate disclosure statement on Facebook? Do I need to express this on every post I link to Amazon?

      No, I wouldn't worry about that. You can add a static html tab to your page and add the T&C stuff there.


      Good Luck!
      Well I put my facebook page as the only site when I applied to the affiliate program, so that should answer that question for sure.

      I was simply thinking about putting the disclosure statement in the "about" section, but i guess having a static tab is even better! Thanks for that idea.

      Have you had much luck with FB? Wondering what sort of conversion I can expect.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6045434].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author cbwa
      Ahhh - There's the rub... How and Where can I add that html (Amazon Associates) code? I understand you could do it under "Welcome" in the past, but Looking at it today, it doesn't seem to accept it (anymore????).

      I have set up my Amazon Widget, but nowhere to post it on Facebook???????????

      Does anyone have the answer to this?
      Signature
      I'm jumping in! Yep, I'm beginning an IM blog. I have two goals: 1) Learn everything I can, and 2) help others with the same intentions. So, I need your help!
      http://www.incomesteps123.com
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6525763].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author EdBryant
    Have you had much luck with FB? Wondering what sort of conversion I can expect.

    Look at it this way people spend more time on Facebook than any other site on the internet. Amazon is the largest retailer.

    You will make sales even if it's just by accident.

    Remember Amazon gives you a commission of anything the prospect buys.

    Just get them on Amazon through your link.

    I can't say what your conversions will be but just keep at it and you will make sales. The nice thing about amazon is that you can post something everyday or two and people will not complain. Try that with a CPA offer and you will get a huge backlash.

    Good Luck!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6045486].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Nego
    I can not answer 2 questions in my experience on Facebook ...

    Answering question 1;

    NO, you can not post your affiliate link directly into your Facebook wall because when someone clicks on your link, Facebook immediately sent an alert message indicating that the link is potentially dangerous (giving the impression that it is a malicious site)

    Only allows you to link your affiliate link but paid advertising or PPC.

    Respueta to question 3:

    There are various affiliate networks and CPA, but I recommend is clickbank.com, there you can find hundreds of digital products to promote as an affiliate.

    Good luck!

    Jose
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6045490].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Alex Guzman
    Whatever that you do, just remember that Facebook was not designed to sell to people. There is a certain strategy you must use when using facebook. You need to understand the mentality of Facebook Users. Facebook users go to facebook to be social not to buy. Therefore the facebook users are not searching for things to buy. But if you understand the mentality of FB users you can do much better. I would advise you to create a niche site that you control.

    You should not directly link to Facebook because, number 1 you are not building a list of people interested in your niche. And 2 you, people can typically see through the direct linking.

    I would create a review site, reviewing whatever it is you are trying to sell on your Niche Site Controlled by you.
    Signature
    23 Year Old kid Discovers How To Drive Real Effective Traffic To His Blog>>> Click Here To Learn How He Did It!<<<
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6045594].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author nohypo
      Originally Posted by Alex Guzman View Post

      Whatever that you do, just remember that Facebook was not designed to sell to people. There is a certain strategy you must use when using facebook. You need to understand the mentality of Facebook Users. Facebook users go to facebook to be social not to buy. Therefore the facebook users are not searching for things to buy. But if you understand the mentality of FB users you can do much better. I would advise you to create a niche site that you control.

      You should not directly link to Facebook because, number 1 you are not building a list of people interested in your niche. And 2 you, people can typically see through the direct linking.

      I would create a review site, reviewing whatever it is you are trying to sell on your Niche Site Controlled by you.
      In fact, facebook fan page is designed to sell products, and facebook of course not only want to limit his biz in social networking.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6046341].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author nohypo
    it's allowed, and I have done that for a long time.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6046336].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author thorster
    Do the links need to be shortened? Is this better?
    I've seen someone use amzn.to shortener that seems to be Amazon's own. How can I use this?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6059136].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author MaggieDavid
    The only safe way to get your question answered is to contact Amazon directly, plus if you are going to use other networks, then you need to check the individual merchant terms and conditions you want to promote.

    That way you know what you can and cannot do.
    Signature

    To Your Success
    Maggie
    6StarMedia - Website Design, Business/Corporate Design, SEO, Copyrighting and Website Management Services Plus much more

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6059180].message }}

Trending Topics