Is It Safe to Use Blogspot Hosting for Large Business Plan?

14 replies
I've a question in mind that came when I decided to plan for a big-investment website. I really appreciate some good thoughts and/or any comments from a different view.


I researched ten low competition keywords that have on average over 100 million monthly hits. Now, I want to host a blog on any free platform and rank the keywords on top. To rank all 10 keywords, I've decided to build 25 links per keyword per day for 3 months and since all the keywords are under 12% competition level, I'm so sure they'll all rank up within 1 month or two.


But, Is it really safe to plan for such an arrangements with blogspots free hosting service? I mean, when a webpage receives visitors some bandwidth are consumed. So, if a blogspot page receives over 1 million visitors a day - they'll cost huge bandwidth. Does blogger really have such arrangement?


Or, I think its too obvious but since blogger is a google product - will google allow any blogspot page to receive such an amount of traffic through their search engines?


I understand google does allow free services like blogs - because they receive in turns from Adwords. But, Adword isn't completely dependent on blogspots - so, if for any reason google search engines decide not to rank any blogspot page to show up in the first page, the google authority won't be losing anything directly.


So, this thought made me thinking that blogspots aren't really helpful if anyone wants to drive traffic through google search engines. But, I know, many people out there are really investing a lot, hoping a lot and creating a lot blogspot pages to establish a website or a good stream of online earning.


Most traffic from any seo campaign comes from Google search engine, it's a fact. If it is proven that SEO doesn't help blogspots, many new web entrepreneur could help a lot of time and money by staying away from this track that goes nowhere.


At this point - I'm stuck and need some helpful thoughts. Have any of you run any blogspots that receives many hits or have any issues on this matter?
#blogspot #business #hosting #large #plan #safe
  • Profile picture of the author Richard Van
    Originally Posted by Shaikat View Post


    I researched ten low competition keywords that have on average over 100 million monthly hits. Now, I want to host a blog on any free platform and rank the keywords on top.
    Hang on just a second.

    You've just found 10 keywords that no one else ever has, with low competition and a staggering 100,000,000 monthly hits....and you want to host it on a third party host you have no control over?

    This is a joke, surely?

    Assuming you understand keyword research and you really have found a diamond set of keywords like that, don't you think a $10 investment for a domain and a $10 a month hosting payment might just over shadow free hosting?

    At this point – I’m stuck and need some helpful thoughts. Have any of you run any blogspots that receives many hits or have any issues on this matter?
    Stuck on what exactly? Buy a domain and buy the hosting. If I found 10 keywords with that many exact searches a month, I wouldn't even consider free hosting for a millisecond. I would move heaven and earth to own the site.

    No offense but you may need to re-look at what you just wrote, assuming you've done your keyword research correctly. With those levels of potential traffic you don't want to have a site you don't own.
    Signature

    Wibble, bark, my old man's a mushroom etc...

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6049606].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Shaikat
      Originally Posted by Richard Van View Post

      Hang on just a second.

      You've just found 10 keywords that no one else ever has, with low competition and a staggering 100,000,000 monthly hits....and you want to host it on a third party host you have no control over?

      This is a joke, surely?

      Assuming you understand keyword research and you really have found a diamond set of keywords like that, don't you think a $10 investment for a doamin and a $10 a month hosting payment might just over shadow free hosting?

      Stuck on what exactly? Buy a domain and buy the hosting. If I found 10 keywords with that many exact searches a month, I wouldn't even consider free hosting for a millisecond. I would move heaven and earth to own the site.

      No offense but you may need to re-look at what you just wrote.


      Many thanks and appreciate your response. As from my point of view, I really don't want to take any risk with free hosting.

      Having said that, I want to be sure that blogspots aren't SEO friendly as I've seen many people when starting with a web-based business first try to develop a free blog, then SEO that. In my case, I didn't find the benefit from that free service and I'm curious to know what is actually happening to other people who tried this.

      Thanks very much for your input.
      Signature

      A R T I C L E S - B L O G S - W E B C O P Y - E B O O K

      Q U A L I T Y C O P Y W R I T I N G


      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6049687].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Richard Van
        Originally Posted by Shaikat View Post

        Many thanks and appreciate your response. As from my point of view, I really don't want to take any risk with free hosting.

        Having said that, I want to be sure that blogspots aren't SEO friendly as I've seen many people when starting with a web-based business first try to develop a free blog, then SEO that. In my case, I didn't find the benefit from that free service and I'm curious to know what is actually happening to other people who tried this.

        Thanks very much for your input.
        My pleasure and forgive me for my tone, I just don't understand why with that search data you'd dream of risking free hosting you don't own.

        I appreciate your question is regarding Blooger and other free platforms, they do have their advantages but they have negative points as well. I think they can be marvellous for testing a market and fantastic for learnig or if that's the only option one has but with 10 keywords and a combined total of 100,00,000 monthly searches, I'd definately buy my own.

        I don't think being free, on a Blogger blog or a paid platform makes enough difference, it's what you do with the site that determines how "SEO friendly" Google thinks of it.
        Signature

        Wibble, bark, my old man's a mushroom etc...

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6049729].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author sonicadam123
    I've used Blogspot for a few small blogs, nothing major, so I can't say for sure what would happen with that sort of traffic.

    But if you're considering using Blogspot, just remember that you don't own the site and Google can shut it down at anytime if they really want to.

    As for the Keywords, the figures sound a little out of whack, how have you find these figures?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6049610].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Shaikat
      Originally Posted by sonicadam123 View Post

      I've used Blogspot for a few small blogs, nothing major, so I can't say for sure what would happen with that sort of traffic.

      But if you're considering using Blogspot, just remember that you don't own the site and Google can shut it down at anytime if they really want to.

      As for the Keywords, the figures sound a little out of whack, how have you find these figures?
      Yeah .. I'm not an expert on KW research but I found that out of curiosity. If you are too curious .. I can show you in a pm.
      Signature

      A R T I C L E S - B L O G S - W E B C O P Y - E B O O K

      Q U A L I T Y C O P Y W R I T I N G


      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6049734].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Richard Van
        Originally Posted by Shaikat View Post

        Yeah .. I'm not an expert on KW research but I found that out of curiosity. If you are too curious .. I can show you in a pm.
        Ok may I ask if those keywords you found were on broad search or exact?

        If it's on exact, do not show anyone here and buy your own domain and hosting.

        If it's on broad, you need to look at exact.
        Signature

        Wibble, bark, my old man's a mushroom etc...

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6049751].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Shaikat
          Originally Posted by Richard Van View Post

          Ok may I ask if those keywords you found were on broad search or exact?

          If it's on exact, do not show anyone here and buy your own domain and hosting.

          If it's on broad, you need to look at exact.
          Broad search, I guess. I'll update you all if I really find them useful. Thanks for your suggestion.
          Signature

          A R T I C L E S - B L O G S - W E B C O P Y - E B O O K

          Q U A L I T Y C O P Y W R I T I N G


          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6049800].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Richard Van
            Originally Posted by Shaikat View Post

            Broad search, I guess. I'll update you all if I really find them useful. Thanks for your suggestion.
            If you like, tomorrow, I'll explain the difference between the two. It's quite important you understand it. Broad is not a lot of use when looking at a market, you need to look at exact match.

            If you send me a PM I'll get on Skype tomorrow and explain it, you'll find it helpful.

            If not, that's fine too.
            Signature

            Wibble, bark, my old man's a mushroom etc...

            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6049818].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Theeban
    It is wise to go for your own domain for larger business plan, because there are possibilities to get block when you are using services like Blogspot. Sometimes, back few of my blogs were blocked, and lots of emails and phonecalls made to get it back, that is really waste of time. So, it is better to get your own domain, you can get domains at low cost from namecheap.com and implement your plan, Good luck
    Signature
    For TOP Ranks in Search Engines - Hire skilled expert in SEO. Check expanded services to Cheltenham
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6049653].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author alamest
    I personally tell you not to use blogspot because recently blogspot is changing the URL based on GEO targeting and it does not redirect .com to .co.uk as I am based on UK so it is not re-directly to .co.uk so I highly suggest not to go for it..

    One more example I can give that I had 800 post on blogspot and many things I can not do as I can do in wordpress for example I can not do SEO meta tags for each post and pages in blogspot but in wordpress I can easily do with a click of activation plugin so hear you can understand how wordpress is better than blogspots, only thing is you need to purchase a domain and a monthly hosting plan, if your plans are big than you need to invest this and effort to bear it..I hope this helps..
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6049677].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Takk
    I'm with everyone else - if you actually have good potential keywords, just get the domains. Or, if they are related, one domain.

    I seriously doubt your searches, though. Make sure you are looking at exact searches. Also, competition, depending on the tool, can be really different. A lot of tools, competition is the number of competing advertisers for that keyword. That means that a lower competition actually is bad, because it will be harder to get good advertisements for your site.
    Signature

    Beginning Marketer

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6049684].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author SteveJohnson
    Never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever! entrust a money-generating site to a third party over which you have no control.

    Let's say you build your blogspot site up over a period of months or years and then the Big G decides it doesn't like your content? POOF! All gone, and nothing you can do about it.

    Forget about free, pay a few dollars a month for your own hosting account and do this the right way.
    Signature

    The 2nd Amendment, 1789 - The Original Homeland Security.

    Gun control means never having to say, "I missed you."

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6049732].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Kingfish85
    In my opinion, you'd be setting yourself up for failure in an environment where you have little control. Do yourself a favor, and go with an actual hosting company that knows what they're doing. Not saying they don't knows what they're doing, but you should be working with a provider that specializes in what you're looking for.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6049811].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author IMHunter
    I would advice you to get your own domain and hosting because you never know when Google decides to put a ban hammer on your blog.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6050346].message }}

Trending Topics