First I would like to say that this forum is an excellent resource to have access to. I just want to thank all of the members and the folks in charge that make this forum possible. I have been out of the IM loop for a while and had a few questions I was hoping some of you heavy hitters could answer for me.
I know that Google has changed some of the rules over the last 6-12 months when it comes to getting indexed and found. I have made some money online and amazingly still get occasional sales on a couple of Clickbank products that I built Squidoo lenses around from a few years ago.
What I did back then was build pages using Squidoo and Hub Pages. Then I wrote some articles at Ezine and linked the articles to the lenses and hubs using a cheap .info domain that I purchased from Godaddy.
I'm still interested in Clickbank but I would like to build some sites of my own and link up with Amazon or Share a Sale. I'm sure that I will also try to make some money from Google as well.
I did build a site of my own using Word Press which took a while but I finally figured it out. My site has never earned me more than a few bucks a month from Amazon but looking back it seems to be more of an information site than a ready to buy something site.
My financial goal in the near future is to average $50 a day in online income.
Here are my questions for the members of the forum.
1. Can money still be made by simply creating quality content on sites like Squidoo and Ezine and linking them to a small niche based website that features products from Amazon?
2. When you place Google ads on your WP blogsite did you get paid by people clicking on the ads or by buying items that the Google ads are linked to?
3. I have seen several threads that emphasize building an email list as a major factor in building an income online. Is list building generally based around Clickbank or make money online products? Do IM'ers build list to promote physical products as well?
4. Is the duplicate content rule a myth? I read some older threads that basically said that it was ok to publish your own content on both EZ and your blogsite.
5. Besides creating articles what are some of the popular ways to gather traffic to your site that won't get you into hot water with Google?
I know that's a lot of stuff to ask but I'm really interested in getting the ball rolling and bringing in some extra $$$. Thanks for the help