If You Are Going To Launch A New Product Then YOU HAVE TO READ THIS!

by Ashish Poonia Banned
41 replies
Hi Fellow warriors,
Just a small advice and A small question.
According to my experience in Product Launching I think That quantity matters more than quantity.
Try it yourself!
Launch a product of high quality with no bonuses and on the other hand launch a product of average quality with LOTS OF BONUSES.
Which one is going to sell more?
The one which has a bunch of bonuses with it.
So,Next Time Don't forget to attach a bundle of bonuses with your product.
Let me see what you prefer,Quantity or quality?
#launch #product #read
  • Profile picture of the author facebook marketer
    Banned
    quantity matters but quality also has a great role.
    So, Your product is of poor quality then people are not going to buy it for just bonuses.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6097197].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Ashish Poonia
      Banned
      Originally Posted by facebook marketer View Post

      quantity matters but quality also has a great role.
      So, Your product is of poor quality then people are not going to buy it for just bonuses.
      But what if the actual price of bonuses is much more then that of the product?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6097201].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author CDarklock
        Originally Posted by Ashish Poonia View Post

        But what if the actual price of bonuses is much more then that of the product?
        Then why aren't you just selling the bonuses?

        It's like saying "here is my crap product; please give me $20, I need the money, I will give you $50 worth of other stuff."

        So why not just throw your crap product out of the mix and charge $50 for all the other stuff?
        Signature
        "The Golden Town is the Golden Town no longer. They have sold their pillars for brass and their temples for money, they have made coins out of their golden doors. It is become a dark town full of trouble, there is no ease in its streets, beauty has left it and the old songs are gone." - Lord Dunsany, The Messengers
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6097415].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author RSMarketing
          I don't think it's quantity, I think it's perceived value.

          With a ton of awesome bonuses the product has a higher perceived value to the customer.

          Rich
          Signature
          (¯`·._.·Want Free Instagram Followers?·._.·´¯)
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6097436].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Alexa Smith
            Banned
            Originally Posted by CDarklock View Post

            It's like saying "here is my crap product; please give me $20, I need the money, I will give you $50 worth of other stuff."
            This.

            As is true for many people making a living as ClickBank affiliates, both "too many bonuses" and "bonuses not closely enough related to the product" will reliably prevent me from selecting and promoting a product.

            Customers see through this.

            It comes across as "desperate" and significantly lowers the perceived value of the product offered.

            In this context, quantity doesn't only "not work as well as quality": it actively makes people suspicious and puts them off.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6097499].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author tpw
              Originally Posted by drunkenmonkey View Post

              This is complete and utter BS.

              How can offering more "bang for your buck" deter a customer?

              While I agree with your sentiment, the last time I did a super-huge product -- 11.5 hours of video and 200-pages of PDF -- sales were light.

              People kept complaining that it was "too much information to consume."

              Then we broke the product in pieces and sales of the pieces exceeded the sales of the original product, even though the pieces were sold at higher prices than the entire package.
              Signature
              Bill Platt, Oklahoma USA, PlattPublishing.com
              Publish Coloring Books for Profit (WSOTD 7-30-2015)
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6098338].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author rooze
              Originally Posted by drunkenmonkey View Post

              This is complete and utter BS.

              How can offering more "bang for your buck" deter a customer?
              I think you've taken that snippet out of context. The comment included this line "too many bonuses" and "bonuses not closely enough related to the product"....

              Which makes the comment as a whole entity, completely valid and not BS.
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6098376].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author Joseph Robinson
                Banned
                Originally Posted by rooze View Post

                I think you've taken that snippet out of context. The comment included this line "too many bonuses" and "bonuses not closely enough related to the product"....

                Which makes the comment as a whole entity, completely valid and not BS.
                This is the only knock I'll ever have on shows like The Daily Show and The Colbert Report: they make taking things out of context to make a joke seem like it should carry over into more serious conversations.
                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6098412].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author Joseph Robinson
                Banned
                Originally Posted by drunkenmonkey View Post

                *Snip*
                Customers do not think like that.

                *snip
                Maybe you guys just target customers of different intelligence levels? While yours might not think that way, perhaps hers do. It's a matter of personal experience (isn't it always ).
                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6098649].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author rooze
                Originally Posted by drunkenmonkey View Post

                In fact if I really wanted to ...I could link to one of my web pages and my Sage pay payment gateway and show the amount of sales I did just from one page last month.
                ^ Then that overrides anything I have to say on the subject, since you're clearly in a different league than me.

                But as a pure novice speaking, and trying to place myself in the shoes of someone more clued-in to all of this stuff: quite frequently when I look at the typical sales page of a 'less matured' internet marketer, I see a thin primary product with a whole list of free bonuses designed to disguise the fact that what's being sold is a turd.
                The mentality seems to be: I really can make a silk purse out of a sow's ear if I can package enough peripheral crap together to make it sound like someone's getting a deal.

                I'm trying to think of words to sum the strategy up, but I can't think of anything better than 'desperate'.

                Now if there's something good on offer, and a couple of nice bonuses to sweeten the deal, then I'm all over that like a rash. But I don't think that was the strategy being promoted by the OP, just to take the debate back to its origins.

                Cheers
                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6098763].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Brendan Carl
            Originally Posted by RSMarketing View Post

            I don't think it's quantity, I think it's perceived value.

            With a ton of awesome bonuses the product has a higher perceived value to the customer.

            Rich
            I agree completely with you. If people think the product with no bonuses is worth their money, they pay for it, with or without bonuses.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6099955].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ExRat
    Hi Ashish,

    Originally Posted by Ashish Poonia View Post

    According to my experience in Product Launching I think That quantity matters more than quantity.
    I don't think you meant that Ashish?
    Signature


    Roger Davis

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6097202].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author lgibbon
      Banned
      Originally Posted by ExRat View Post

      Hi Ashish,



      I don't think you meant that Ashish?
      I think he was talking about forum posts Roger.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6097211].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author tpw
    Originally Posted by Ashish Poonia View Post

    Hi Fellow warriors,
    Just a small advice and A small question.
    According to my experience in Product Launching I think That quantity matters more than quantity.
    Try it yourself!
    Launch a product of high quality with no bonuses and on the other hand launch a product of average quality with LOTS OF BONUSES.
    Which one is going to sell more?

    The one with the better sales copy.
    Signature
    Bill Platt, Oklahoma USA, PlattPublishing.com
    Publish Coloring Books for Profit (WSOTD 7-30-2015)
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6097578].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author myob
      According to your experience in Product Launching, which one do you think is getting more refunds? :rolleyes:
      Signature
      “If I have seen further than others, it is by standing upon the shoulders of giants.” – Isaac Newton
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6097646].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Ashish Poonia
        Banned
        Originally Posted by myob View Post

        According to your experience in Product Launching, which one do you think is getting more refunds? :rolleyes:
        The one with less quality
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6097715].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author tpw
          Originally Posted by Ashish Poonia View Post

          The one with less quality

          Just curious. How many products have you actually launched?
          Signature
          Bill Platt, Oklahoma USA, PlattPublishing.com
          Publish Coloring Books for Profit (WSOTD 7-30-2015)
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6097733].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Ashish Poonia
            Banned
            Originally Posted by tpw View Post

            Just curious. How many products have you actually launched?
            I have not launched many products but still i know that quantity rules!
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6097757].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author lgibbon
              Banned
              Originally Posted by Ashish Poonia View Post

              I have not launched many products but still i know that quantity rules!
              So basically you're one of the many here, who start numerous lectures
              about subjects you have no experience in.
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6097812].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author Joseph Robinson
                Banned
                Originally Posted by lgibbon View Post

                So basically you're one of the many here, who start numerous lectures
                about subjects you have no experience in.
                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6097861].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author JohnMcCabe
                The extreme variant of this was a fad a few years ago. Mark Joyner and Joe Vitale may be the best known examples.

                They would publish a book (a real, dead-tree book) and try to get it to the top of the Amazon bestseller list by offering ridiculous numbers of bonuses. They would recruit partners who wanted to build lists, similar to giveaway events today. In order to collect the bonuses, you had to join the lists.

                Both Joyner and Vitale would offer a $19 hardcover book with $10,000+ worth of bonuses. 99% of which were overvalued crap, like a $97 PDF of Scientific Advertising or a $39 PDF of Think and Grow Rich or new crap created just for the promotion. I think one of these had almost 300 bonuses.

                I bought the book for $19.95 via Amazon. With the bonuses I actually wanted, the total value was about $24.95. Offset that with the value of the time I spent sifting through the list looking for something worthwhile, and the net is a negative.

                Did it work? Both Joyner and Vitale hit the top of the list. And I got to add several pages of names of people from whom I would never actually buy anything. So it's not all bad.

                Originally Posted by lgibbon View Post

                So basically you're one of the many here, who start numerous lectures
                about subjects you have no experience in.
                Kind of like getting sex advice from the Pope.
                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6097926].message }}
                • Profile picture of the author tpw
                  Originally Posted by JohnMcCabe View Post

                  Kind of like getting sex advice from the Pope.

                  LOL

                  That must have been who taught this kid how to put on a condom:


                  Signature
                  Bill Platt, Oklahoma USA, PlattPublishing.com
                  Publish Coloring Books for Profit (WSOTD 7-30-2015)
                  {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6098018].message }}
                  • Profile picture of the author JohnMcCabe
                    Originally Posted by tpw View Post

                    LOL

                    That must have been who taught this kid how to put on a condom:


                    Gives a whole new meaning the phrase "nose job", doesn't it?
                    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6098051].message }}
                    • Profile picture of the author Chri5123
                      Originally Posted by JohnMcCabe View Post

                      Gives a whole new meaning the phrase "nose job", doesn't it?
                      So that's why my first time didn't get so well?

                      If only they had videos like this back in the day...Oh well!

                      Chris
                      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6098373].message }}
                • Profile picture of the author ExRat
                  Hi John,

                  Originally Posted by JohnMcCabe View Post

                  The extreme variant of this was a fad a few years ago. Mark Joyner and Joe Vitale may be the best known examples.

                  They would publish a book (a real, dead-tree book) and try to get it to the top of the Amazon bestseller list by offering ridiculous numbers of bonuses. They would recruit partners who wanted to build lists, similar to giveaway events today. In order to collect the bonuses, you had to join the lists.

                  Both Joyner and Vitale would offer a $19 hardcover book with $10,000+ worth of bonuses. 99% of which were overvalued crap, like a $97 PDF of Scientific Advertising or a $39 PDF of Think and Grow Rich or new crap created just for the promotion. I think one of these had almost 300 bonuses.

                  I bought the book for $19.95 via Amazon. With the bonuses I actually wanted, the total value was about $24.95. Offset that with the value of the time I spent sifting through the list looking for something worthwhile, and the net is a negative.

                  Did it work? Both Joyner and Vitale hit the top of the list. And I got to add several pages of names of people from whom I would never actually buy anything. So it's not all bad.
                  Yep, I fell for that one too, many moons ago - I think it was Vitale's 'The Attractor Factor.' The book was absolute junk and a load of the bonuses were 'download it after you've opted into my spam list.'

                  It had the same outcome for me too -

                  got to add several pages of names of people from whom I would never actually buy anything
                  I'm sure Joe's not losing any sleep over it, or Mark (who promoted it to me) but I've got a memory like an elephant and a tongue like a fishwife with PMT. I'd previously spent good money/time on Joyner and some of his mates but it soon curtailed.

                  It's amusing looking at the Amazon reviews for those type of books - all warrior names giving glowing, but solicited reviews. I saw someone doing this just yesterday, unless I'm mistaken.

                  .........

                  There seem to be a few drunken and manic monkeys in this thread. I hope that they don't eat rats.
                  Signature


                  Roger Davis

                  {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6098975].message }}
                  • Profile picture of the author Paul Short
                    Yes Roger (ExRat), it's "a sideways rain ‘blow your brolly inside-out’ type of affair."

                    LOL!

                    Paul
                    Signature
                    I write stuff for marketers and my current clients keep me comfortably
                    busy. But if you make me the right offer, I'll write stuff for you too.
                    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6099058].message }}
                  • Profile picture of the author tpw
                    Originally Posted by ExRat View Post

                    There seem to be a few drunken and manic monkeys in this thread. I hope that they don't eat rats.
                    Originally Posted by drunkenmonkey View Post

                    Me on the other hand (drunkenmonkey) was just trying to contribute to the thread, I don't talk sh***.

                    But if your gonna take the piss then go ahead, my business and income levels are'nt gonna be affected because of your whinge-bagging

                    Anyway, this is waaaay off topic.

                    I think the exRAT was just joking about all of the monkeys in the thread.
                    Signature
                    Bill Platt, Oklahoma USA, PlattPublishing.com
                    Publish Coloring Books for Profit (WSOTD 7-30-2015)
                    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6099509].message }}
                  • Profile picture of the author ExRat
                    Originally Posted by drunkenmonkey View Post

                    ...blah...
                    Meh...:rolleyes:
                    Signature


                    Roger Davis

                    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6099908].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author Michael Meaney
                Originally Posted by lgibbon View Post

                So basically you're one of the many here, who start numerous lectures
                about subjects you have no experience in.
                You'll find this interesting:
                http://www.warriorforum.com/search.p...5&pp=25&page=5

                I'm also tired of being told how to suck eggs by this guy, besides all the crazy income claims he makes - which contradict his other claims and pleas for help. Confusing.
                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6097974].message }}
                • Profile picture of the author lgibbon
                  Banned
                  Originally Posted by Mick Meaney View Post

                  You'll find this interesting:
                  http://www.warriorforum.com/search.p...5&pp=25&page=5

                  I'm also tired of being told how to suck eggs by this guy, besides all the crazy income claims he makes - which contradict his other claims and pleas for help. Confusing.
                  Yep, it's quite amazing how one can go from clueless newbie
                  to marketing guru in little more than a week.
                  {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6098085].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author Mark Bradley
              Originally Posted by Ashish Poonia View Post

              I have not launched many products but still i know that quantity rules!
              Many or any?
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6098480].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Randall Magwood
    I think the core product value is most important. Quality definitely is better than quantity.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6097844].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author zearth
    both of them are important.

    Good Quality Product + Quantity (bonuses) = Cool
    Low Quality Product + Quantity (bonuses) = not cool but enough
    Low Quality Product + no bonuses = chargebacks :p
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6097891].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author rooze
    I lose a dollar on every product launch but make it up on volume :rolleyes:
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6097937].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author alistair
    I've only ever bought one product through somebodys affiliate link because of the bonuses offered by them. In fact the main bonus was more interesting than the actual product to me. Unfortunately, after delivering all the other bonuses, the guy made excuses not to deliver the one which made me purchase, so after going through everything I then refunded.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6098057].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Billy Levin
    Originally Posted by Ashish Poonia View Post

    I think That quantity matters more than quantity.
    You might want to fix that.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6098108].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Bill Farnham
      The mere fact that the OP is allowed to come on this forum and to continually make a mockery of those who practice internet marketing is a testiment to the generousity and tolerance this forum has towards the IM community as a whole.

      It also serves as an example of how to create hurdles to your success that may prove to be disasterous should you ever get serious about the business in the future.

      The old saying, "There's enough people in business pointing guns at you you're a fool if you give them the bullets" comes to mind here.

      The point is, your reputation is a valuable asset. Treat it as such.

      ~Bill
      Signature
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6098232].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Chri5123
    Originally Posted by Ashish Poonia View Post

    Hi Fellow warriors,
    Just a small advice and A small question.
    According to my experience in Product Launching I think That quantity matters more than quantity.
    Try it yourself!
    Launch a product of high quality with no bonuses and on the other hand launch a product of average quality with LOTS OF BONUSES.
    Which one is going to sell more?
    The one which has a bunch of bonuses with it.
    So,Next Time Don't forget to attach a bundle of bonuses with your product.
    Let me see what you prefer,Quantity or quality?
    Well not to be pedantic but the one that sold more would be based ENTIRELY from how well the sales page relates to the niche.

    The product doesn't mean anything when you are looking at MAKING sales.

    Of course if you have a crappy product you will get angry people and a lot of refunds - so agree that you SHOULD focus on VALUE and QUALITY.

    The money is then normally made by repeat business.

    Chris
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6098359].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author AndyBlackSEO
    Bonuses are often the tipping point. If you get to the bottom of the sales page and are sitting on the fence, the attractive bonuses often sway people to buy. It gives the overall product a higher perceived value.

    You should never sacrifice quality though.
    Signature
    The Worlds Most Effective Video Creation and Marketing Software... CLICK HERE ...
    ... Create and rank professional marketing videos fast and efficiently.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6100020].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Cali16
    Originally Posted by Ashish Poonia View Post

    Launch a product of high quality with no bonuses and on the other hand launch a product of average quality with LOTS OF BONUSES.
    Which one is going to sell more?
    The one which has a bunch of bonuses with it.
    A quick look around the WSO forum will show you how inaccurate your theory is. There are several top selling WSOs there - including ones that have been around for awhile and are still going strong - that include ZERO bonuses. The ones that sell really well usually include at least two of the following:

    Excellent sales copy
    The seller has a very good reputation for putting out high quality products
    It targets a hot niche (or an evergreen niche)
    Strong social proof that it's a good product

    With those, you don't need a bunch of bonuses.

    Personally, I don't care for a lot of added bonuses - especially if they don't directly tie in with the product. I have only so many hours in a day, and I don't need a lot of extraneous fluff that could potentially distract me from focusing on what I just purchased.

    Btw, I think you should read and reread Bill Farnham's post multiple times until it sinks in.... The wisdom contained within it is pure gold (should you ever decide to heed it...).
    Signature
    If you don't face your fears, the only thing you'll ever see is what's in your comfort zone. ~Anne McClain, astronaut
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6100376].message }}

Trending Topics