So having picked up a heck of a lot of info on WF and other resources I have now come up with an Action Plan and would love to hear your opinions/criticism in case I am starting out the wrong way - at least if i know im starting out right the success i will see is really down to my own efforts.
So i have an almost exact match .net domain name (mine has a 'z' to pluralise the keyword instead of an 's' which i actually believe is brandable). It is for quite a competitive keyword which gets about 20,000 exact searches a month and has 10million results in quotes. The top sites for this search are like pr4-5 however they really isn't much to them I mean the top2 sites actually look really spammy and hard to follow.
So my plan is to do the following;
- Build a website optimised for the keyword promoting products completely tied in with that keyword it will have about 10-15 products.
- Add an email opt-in when the visitor visits site offering a freebie maybe ebook or advice as well as future guidance
- Churn out 1-2 500-1000 word articles everyday targetting longtail keywords related to my money keyword that provide value and have a backlink to my site in resources with the keyword anchor text. These articles will not be placed on my site but submitted to all the big article sites depending on each sites competition for that long tail keyword. Although I anticipate the CTR of readers of the articles going to my site after will be quite low I am thinking the backlinks will be the main reason for writing the articles, this allows me to write good value info that is not in any way promotional which people might actually link to themselves adding more value to the backlink. I will socially bookmark every single article i ever create on the good sites
- Try to comment on relevant do-follow blogs 5-10 times a day providing value and again getting my anchor texted backlinks in there
- Join relevant forums and provide value on a daily basis with my backlink in the sig
- From time to time add polls and competitions and other forms of engagement to keep my list keen and hopefully gain new followers in the process
- Start a facebook fan page and buy fans by targetting people interested in my keyword with certain other demographic and interest settings which i wont go into. Also, engage and provide value to these users on a daily basis.
- From time to time update my money site keeping it fresh and up to date maybe adding new products
So my question is...If I was to start this tonight, stick to my plan down to an absolute Tee and come back to you in a year's time - does this sound doable? i mean could i potentially rank on google and build a decent following with this sort of action?
Any help/criticism/opinions of any sort would be very much appreciated before i go get started!
Thanks for reading guys