PLR Store Owners: How Do You Drive Traffic To Your Site?

32 replies
I started my own PLR store about 3 weeks back. I have not got any Sale yet as I have been unable to drive traffic to it. I would appreciate if you can suggest some ways to drive traffic to my new PLR site.
#drive #owners #plr #site #store #traffic
  • Sell the articles on Ebay.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6142086].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author momtraders
    I did not have a plr store, but a plr membership site, yrs ago. I drove traffic by posting to free giveaway sites. I would create a free giveaway. In my time it was some free turnkey adsense sites. I would create a squeeze page, and build a list.
    I had a very successful plr site, with over 60 paying members and 700 free members. hope that helps some
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6142124].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author sidcandid
      Originally Posted by momtraders View Post

      I did not have a plr store, but a plr membership site, yrs ago. I drove traffic by posting to free giveaway sites. I would create a free giveaway. In my time it was some free turnkey adsense sites. I would create a squeeze page, and build a list.
      I had a very successful plr site, with over 60 paying members and 700 free members. hope that helps some
      Thanks a lot for the useful suggestions. I appreciate your help.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6142199].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author momtraders
    oh another idea for you, offer your plr to plr membership sites, they are always on the lookout for new items to add to their sites. goodluck
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6142132].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Sheryl Polomka
    Having your PLR site in your signature here is a good start, now make sure that you contribute good information to the forum and get that signature seen.

    If you can afford it, it can really help if you run a WSO with your PLR giving a special deal. Or even better, do a PLR pack to give away for free and run a WSO with it, but...... you must have your site set up so that visitors must fill in their details to receive the PLR pack, you need to build a list. This will cost you $40 for no sales, but it's a good way to build your list and make future sales.

    Article marketing is difficult with PLR sites as some article directories won't allow you to link to a PLR site or even write articles about PLR. But it's not impossible.

    I also have a general IM blog and when I release a new PLR pack I will make a post on my IM blog about it.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6142202].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author sidcandid
      Originally Posted by Sheryl Polomka View Post

      Having your PLR site in your signature here is a good start, now make sure that you contribute good information to the forum and get that signature seen.

      If you can afford it, it can really help if you run a WSO with your PLR giving a special deal. Or even better, do a PLR pack to give away for free and run a WSO with it, but...... you must have your site set up so that visitors must fill in their details to receive the PLR pack, you need to build a list. This will cost you $40 for no sales, but it's a good way to build your list and make future sales.

      Article marketing is difficult with PLR sites as some article directories won't allow you to link to a PLR site or even write articles about PLR. But it's not impossible.

      I also have a general IM blog and when I release a new PLR pack I will make a post on my IM blog about it.
      Thanks Sheryl for your reply. You have been one of the inspiration behind me starting my PLR store. I rellay like your PLR store and also love yoour useful posts here at Warrior Forum.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6142328].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Jay Campbell
      Originally Posted by Sheryl Polomka View Post

      Having your PLR site in your signature here is a good start, now make sure that you contribute good information to the forum and get that signature seen.

      If you can afford it, it can really help if you run a WSO with your PLR giving a special deal. Or even better, do a PLR pack to give away for free and run a WSO with it, but...... you must have your site set up so that visitors must fill in their details to receive the PLR pack, you need to build a list. This will cost you $40 for no sales, but it's a good way to build your list and make future sales.

      Article marketing is difficult with PLR sites as some article directories won't allow you to link to a PLR site or even write articles about PLR. But it's not impossible.

      I also have a general IM blog and when I release a new PLR pack I will make a post on my IM blog about it.
      Good advice here as my recent experience confirms. I have been considering the free WSO route as well, but haven't tried it yet.

      Offering a WSO and a WCA was what got me my first sales in the last few weeks after opening a PLR site. There were enough sales to pay for bumping the WSO thread several times. I have also seen several visitors from my signature link in my analytics, as well as starting to see visitors from Google search and I haven't even started any SEO work on the site yet.

      The next thing I am looking to focus on is getting some good affiliate relationships going. I use JVzoo for my product delivery which has a built in affiliate program, but so far I haven't had much success in gaining affiliates. Also adding more packs to my site, I haven't added any in a couple weeks, and that is going to be the most important thing for sales overall.
      Signature
      Free Personal Finance PLR WSO from PLR Articles Emporium
      30 Pack Internet Marketing PLR WSO (Over 12,000 Words, Use as Autoresponder emails or E-course)
      What is up with Amazon Affiliate State Bans?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6142856].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author sidcandid
        I do appreciate everyone's advice, but unfortunately the WSO route is not an option for me right now as I have no extra cash. I am not even a War Room member so effectively I need about $80 to launch my first WSO which is not possible for me at this point. I know it's an effective technique and would certainly use it in future but at this point I have to try and make Sales from my site and save up for a WSO.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6143198].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Paul Barrs
    One question I have (and it's for a bit further down the line)... are these articles originals or are you going to be selling the same stuff that hundreds of other people are also trying to sell?

    This will determine your long term success.

    Paul Barrs
    Signature
    **********
    It's Simple... I don't "sell" IM anymore, but still do lots of YouTube Videos
    **********
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6142348].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author sidcandid
      Originally Posted by Paul Barrs View Post

      One question I have (and it's for a bit further down the line)... are these articles originals or are you going to be selling the same stuff that hundreds of other people are also trying to sell?

      This will determine your long term success.

      Paul Barrs
      Yes Paul the articles are original. I am writing all the articles myself and not just putting out PLR I bought from someone else. I would also be limiting the Sales to just 100 people per pack.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6142402].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Paul Barrs
    Excellent - then you can use this marketing strategy...

    (1) Put together some good article packs in common niches.
    (2) Offer each pack (one at a time) as WSO's
    (3) After purchase people see your other 'packs' as OTO's.
    (4) Rinse, repeat. Build a customer list. Run more WSO's.

    Even though sales may start low on the WF your first goal is to get enough sales to cover costs of WSO. Once that is done you are then effectively 'advertising' and getting traffic to your offers for free. As your list and your reputation grows you should easily be able to release one new pack each week as a WSO and earn at least $500 a week.

    I *know* this works.

    Paul Barrs
    Signature
    **********
    It's Simple... I don't "sell" IM anymore, but still do lots of YouTube Videos
    **********
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6142617].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author AmandaT
    Another option is to find IM blogs and offer to write a guest post about ways to use PLR. You can get a link back to your site and it should get you some traffic. This is where networking comes in handy... you can start emailing and messaging IMers you know with IM blogs.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6143492].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Viramara
    Offer your PLR articles in Fiverr and build a buyers list from that. When you want to sell future PLR, you already have past customers!
    Signature
    Those who have time and search for a better time will lose time (Sufi Proverb)
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6143694].message }}
  • Hi Sid, have you ever considered to pay for your traffic via an ad network?
    In the past for my first membership, a crazy site I built about Cupcake recipes, I used AdBrite for buying traffic and all went fine, I got some paying subscribers and a lot of free users to grab a small part of free items.

    That's the way to go for me.

    See you,
    Alessandro
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6143742].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author robyna
    I just created a mind map of driving traffic to my own PLR site. You're welcome to take a look. It's here.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6144425].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author AmandaT
      Originally Posted by robyna View Post

      I just created a mind map of driving traffic to my own PLR site. You're welcome to take a look. It's here.
      Thanks for that! I actually have a great idea of how to expand on that... I'll share it back when I finish it.

      Another thing that will help is advertising your free PLR offer in your signature. I get a lot of traffic through my free PLR link every day.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6147400].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author eternalwarrior
      Originally Posted by robyna View Post

      I just created a mind map of driving traffic to my own PLR site. You're welcome to take a look. It's here.
      Your mind map is awesome. Thanks for the share
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6156231].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Ruth P
    The number one way I make PLR sales is through my email list. I honestly think building a list should be any PLR seller's number one priority. First, you need to sign up to a service like Aweber which you can get on a $1 trial at first. Then use a number of these techniques:

    * A free or special offer PLR pack as WSO (you say you can't do a WSO just yet, so set up a page on your website with the offer and link it to your forum signature)

    * Using a cart that will request every buyer of your PLR to join your list after you've paid

    * Setting up an affiliate program for your PLR store so affiliates will promote your stuff (probably not right now but you need to bear it in mind for future when choosing which cart you want to use)

    * Adding more and more packs to your store to increase the chance that people will buy more in each transaction. It'll also increase the number of pages on your site and help people find you through search.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6148522].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Randall Magwood
    SEO, article marketing, forums, and Youtube. Are you doing any of these things?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6148957].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Jay Campbell
      Originally Posted by Randall Magwood View Post

      SEO, article marketing, forums, and Youtube. Are you doing any of these things?
      I second this. If your budget won't allow a war room membership and WSO fee, then there are still lots of free traffic methods that can be used, it just may take a little longer than if you can outsource it.

      Forum signatures here in WF is one way, plus you could comment on other PLR and IM sellers blogs with good comments and link to your site (no spam comments though). Both of these could get you click-through traffic and will also have some backlink impact.

      Do some manual link building and keep it quality and that can help you get some organic traffic from search as well. With all of the Google updating going on now, it may be good that outsourcing linkbuilding isn't in your budget anyway.

      Good luck with your store.
      Signature
      Free Personal Finance PLR WSO from PLR Articles Emporium
      30 Pack Internet Marketing PLR WSO (Over 12,000 Words, Use as Autoresponder emails or E-course)
      What is up with Amazon Affiliate State Bans?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6149266].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author AmandaT
      Originally Posted by Randall Magwood View Post

      SEO, article marketing, forums, and Youtube. Are you doing any of these things?
      I actually posted up a YouTube video about how to rewrite a PLR article a while back and I got quite a bit of traffic from it. It isn't a bad idea! You just have to make sure your videos are specifically about using PLR, not making money online.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6156042].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author eman1
    Here are 3 ways to produce free, long-term traffic to any website:

    1. Write articles on your subject and post them to article directories.

    2. Build backlinks by commenting on blogs and forum site in your niche.

    3. Produce videos on your niche and post them on video sites.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6156175].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author BridgetSielicki
    I know a couple people have mentioned setting up an affiliate program, but I want to be another voice recommending this. Affiliates are great because they market your site for you!

    You don't have to pay a dime to set up your affiliate program. I currently use Jrox and the system is free while you have less than 50 affiliates.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6160793].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Jay Campbell
      Originally Posted by BridgetSielicki View Post

      I know a couple people have mentioned setting up an affiliate program, but I want to be another voice recommending this. Affiliates are great because they market your site for you!

      You don't have to pay a dime to set up your affiliate program. I currently use Jrox and the system is free while you have less than 50 affiliates.
      Do you have any recommendations or best practices to follow in gaining affiliates for your PLR site? I am using JVzoo which has affiliate program features built in, but am not exactly sure of the best way to go about approaching affiliates in the PLR niche. So far there have been a few affiliate signups, but no affiliate sales yet.

      Thanks.
      Signature
      Free Personal Finance PLR WSO from PLR Articles Emporium
      30 Pack Internet Marketing PLR WSO (Over 12,000 Words, Use as Autoresponder emails or E-course)
      What is up with Amazon Affiliate State Bans?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6162300].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author AmandaT
        Originally Posted by Jay Campbell View Post

        Do you have any recommendations or best practices to follow in gaining affiliates for your PLR site? I am using JVzoo which has affiliate program features built in, but am not exactly sure of the best way to go about approaching affiliates in the PLR niche. So far there have been a few affiliate signups, but no affiliate sales yet.

        Thanks.
        I would suggest emailing PLR sellers and asking them directly. It is usually a good idea to sign up for their list and read some of their emails to see if they promote other PLR sellers first.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6162772].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author BridgetSielicki
        Originally Posted by Jay Campbell View Post

        Do you have any recommendations or best practices to follow in gaining affiliates for your PLR site? I am using JVzoo which has affiliate program features built in, but am not exactly sure of the best way to go about approaching affiliates in the PLR niche. So far there have been a few affiliate signups, but no affiliate sales yet.

        Thanks.
        I would find other reputable PLR writers and sign up to be on their affiliate lists. This way they take notice of you and may hop over to your site to see what you are about.

        You can also add a short blurb at the bottom of your email when you send out to your list, reminding them that you have an affiliate program. If they like your writing, some of your subscribers may want to promote you.

        Many of the best affiliates are other PLR writers since they have targeted buyers lists, but most won't promote you if they don't know what your writing is like. You already have a great looking site which works in your favor, but I would go a step further and add some free PLR and testimonials on there. Many of your affiliates will like to read some of your stuff to make sure it is good before they promote you, and testimonials will verify that you produce good quality.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6162839].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author AmandaT
          Originally Posted by BridgetSielicki View Post

          I would find other reputable PLR writers and sign up to be on their affiliate lists. This way they take notice of you and may hop over to your site to see what you are about.

          You can also add a short blurb at the bottom of your email when you send out to your list, reminding them that you have an affiliate program. If they like your writing, some of your subscribers may want to promote you.

          Many of the best affiliates are other PLR writers since they have targeted buyers lists, but most won't promote you if they don't know what your writing is like. You already have a great looking site which works in your favor, but I would go a step further and add some free PLR and testimonials on there. Many of your affiliates will like to read some of your stuff to make sure it is good before they promote you, and testimonials will verify that you produce good quality.
          Posting in threads like this with a link to your shop in your sig helps... PLR threads attract PLR sellers. I've just signed up to promote two new sellers I found in this thread!
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6162939].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Jay Campbell
          Originally Posted by BridgetSielicki View Post

          I would find other reputable PLR writers and sign up to be on their affiliate lists. This way they take notice of you and may hop over to your site to see what you are about.

          You can also add a short blurb at the bottom of your email when you send out to your list, reminding them that you have an affiliate program. If they like your writing, some of your subscribers may want to promote you.

          Many of the best affiliates are other PLR writers since they have targeted buyers lists, but most won't promote you if they don't know what your writing is like. You already have a great looking site which works in your favor, but I would go a step further and add some free PLR and testimonials on there. Many of your affiliates will like to read some of your stuff to make sure it is good before they promote you, and testimonials will verify that you produce good quality.
          Thanks for the reply. I did go ahead and get some excerpts and testimonials posted from my WSO as a start. Next thing I'll consider is the free PLR.
          Signature
          Free Personal Finance PLR WSO from PLR Articles Emporium
          30 Pack Internet Marketing PLR WSO (Over 12,000 Words, Use as Autoresponder emails or E-course)
          What is up with Amazon Affiliate State Bans?
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6203691].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author owenlee
    you should try to go to where your target audience is...ie forum
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6163003].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author AmandaT
    I was looking through my PLR resources and I remembered a blog that I highly recommend you check out if you sell PLR... she talks a bit about driving traffic as well.

    How To Sell PLR | Learn how to sell PLR articles from an experienced PLR seller

    Owned by a member of the Warrior Forum too!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6177913].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ezplr
    I've just started my plr store - http://ez-plr.com and I personally try and drive traffic through forums since that's where most of my potential customers hang out. It's also good to build up backlinks whenever possible too.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6189437].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author equanto
    You could take your PLR product some addition , give it new name and never cover and edit the
    product to create a completely new product that no one has ever seen before. If
    create something new, how much competition will you have? None! You’re the
    only one that has it. Not to mention, there would be only one person they could
    buy it from and that’s you! A very nice position to be in, wouldn’t you say?
    Signature
    What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step. It is always the same step, but you have to take it.
    Stories of Another day can be saved by your STEPS
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6191407].message }}

Trending Topics