35 replies
Please can anyone tell me if there is a FREE downloadable software or FREE email service, that allows you to send up to 100 emails at once to your prospects or your down line and your prospects will receive the mail like it came for your own inbox. I would be very grateful for your help.
Thanks
#email #marketing
  • Profile picture of the author loi77
    My advice is to go for paid autoresponder like Aweber or GetRespond.

    The free ones are free for a reason. This is most important tool in IM and and the best investment for your hard earned cash.

    The paid one ares good because they have high deliverability rate. That means a high percentage will end up in your subscribers' inbox instead of the junk folder.
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6193425].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author AndreasJacobsen
      Originally Posted by loi77 View Post

      My advice is to go for paid autoresponder like Aweber or GetRespond.

      The free ones are free for a reason. This is most important tool in IM and and the best investment for your hard earned cash.

      The paid one ares good because they have high deliverability rate. That means a high percentage will end up in your subscribers' inbox instead of the junk folder.
      couldn't have said it better myself... you get what you pay for, and that unfortunately is also true for the free stuff!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6193755].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Snow_Predator
    Try Imnica Mail. Not free, but very cheap.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6193548].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author masterz
    try listwire.com.

    but my advice:
    dont depend on it entirely might let you down at anytime, but it is still a great way to start
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6193560].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Gary_The_Ace
      Originally Posted by masterz View Post

      try listwire.com.

      but my advice:
      dont depend on it entirely might let you down at anytime, but it is still a great way to start
      Why would you say "don't depend on it"? I've been in business longer than 99.99% of the people on this forum, and ListWire isn't going anywhere... period.

      -Gary Ambrose
      List Wire
      Signature
      If you have an automated webinar in the IM, biz opp, or make money space, and if it already converts to cold, and/or paid traffic... I want to send free traffic, and free leads to you registration page, every single day, until it stops converting. CLICK HERE FOR DETAILS NOW.

      P.P.S. Viral Marketing Doesn't Work ... Tell Everyone You Know! ;)
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6228110].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Stewart Alexander
    Try the free version of Email Marketing and Email List Manager | MailChimp

    Last I checked you can use for up to 500 subscribers, but double check yourself.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6193572].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author RobIMJones
    Originally Posted by angelguy View Post

    Please can anyone tell me if there is a FREE downloadable software or FREE email service, that allows you to send up to 100 emails at once to your prospects or your down line and your prospects will receive the mail like it came for your own inbox. I would be very grateful for your help.
    Thanks
    Hiya buddy!

    Your list is the LIFEBLOOD of your business, whether you like it or not. Your autoresponder/ e-mail service software is an area you shouldn't scrimp on, like someone above me said, they're FREE for a reason! I personally use aweber, which is only around $20 a month, which is nothing for how great it is!

    Aweber allows you to send e-mails as if they are coming from your own inbox, which is what you're after. They allow a free months trial for $1, why not try that? You have nothing to lose my friend

    All the best.

    Rob
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6193682].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author devogolf
    I use Aweber...have done for over 2 years. I find it easy to use and the support is great if you have a problem. I have heard some horror stories about the free ones. I think I have an article about it over on my blog... AllanDevlin.com
    Signature


    There is more information and some great FREE stuff over at http://www.allandevlin.com
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6194449].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author AZMD
    While I'm sure most autoresponders operate ethically some of the free ones can be risky as their whole purpose is getting you to give them your email list. The value and privacy that you get with a company like Aweber is well worth the cost.

    The next best alternative is to set up an autoresponder script on your own hosting account but you'll want a separate domain and hosting that is not connected with your website(s) because of the resource drain that a script like this can create. Additionally, you then have the headache of getting your emails through certain filters when you start mailing to a big list.

    A company like Aweber handles all that for you and just makes life easier. The only issue is that your emails will not look like they came from your computer because of the removal links at the bottom of the message but it will personalize the messages for you.

    Another alternative would be a desktop mailer that allows mail merge like Pegasus or others that you can find for free many times at Free software downloads and software reviews - CNET Download.com and type in "email software". Just be careful when running these desktop versions that you do not mail too much at once or else you might find trouble with your email provider. With these desktop emailers your messages will look like you wrote them individually for that specific person.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6194710].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Isaiah Jackson
    Go sign up for GetResponse its free for the first 30 days or so.

    Don't use Mail Chimp because they hate affiliate marketing

    But you would be in your best interest to go to a paid auto responder like Aweber and GetResponse.
    Signature
    Controversial Free Report Reveals - Cutting Edged Strategy That Made $1,448 In 28 Days From A Tiny List Of 188 Subscribers. - Click Here For More Info
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6194847].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Stewart Alexander
      Originally Posted by Isaiah Jackson View Post

      Don't use Mail Chimp because they hate affiliate marketing.
      Care to share your reasons why they hate affiliate marketing?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6195898].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author REHughes
        Originally Posted by Stewart Alexander View Post

        Care to share your reasons why they hate affiliate marketing?

        Straight from their website: read those in red especially!

        [QUOTE]
        Prohibited Content and Industries Don't use MailChimp to send anything offensive, to promote anything illegal, or to harass anyone. You may not send:
        • Pornography or other sexually explicit Emails
        • Emails offering to sell illegal substances
        • Emails that violate the CAN-SPAM Law
        Also, there are some industries that send certain types of content that result in higher than normal bounce rates and abuse complaints, which in turn jeopardize the deliverability of our entire system. No offense intended, but because we must ensure the highest delivery rates possible for all our customers, we do not allow businesses that offer these types of services, products, or content:
        • Illegal goods or services
        • Escort and dating services
        • Pharmaceutical products
        • Work from home, Internet Lead-gen, Make money on online opportunities, etc.
        • Online trading, day trading tips, or stock market related content
        • Gambling services, products or gambling education
        • Multi-level marketing
        • Affiliate marketers
        • Credit repair, get-out-of-debt content
        • Mortgages and/or Loans
        • Nutritional Supplements, Herbal Supplements or Vitamin Supplements
        • Pornography or nudity in content
        • Adult novelty items or references in content
        • List brokers or List rental services
        • Marketing or sending commercial email without proper permission
        Generally speaking, if you're in an industry that is frequently associated with spam, you know who you are (it's probably why you're reading this far, right?). We make no judgments about your line of business, but we cannot afford to risk our deliverability. In fact, most ESPs like MailChimp will not be able to help you. You will most likely need to look into setting up your own mail servers. The term to search on is "email delivery server." There are many industrial strength MTAs to choose from with built-in delivery and reporting tools for high-volume senders. [QUOTE/]



        Robert
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6198180].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Alexa Smith
        Banned
        Opinions on this matter are always going to vary.

        Everyone has their own experiences.

        Only a few people have used multiple different autoresponder companies and can truly compare (and even then, not all their information and judgments are always up to date).

        Originally Posted by Stewart Alexander View Post

        Care to share your reasons why they hate affiliate marketing?
        Who cares what anyone's reasons are, Stewart, once it says in their terms of service that they don't allow it, and they tell people openly that if they do any affiliate marketing, even if they don't use Mailchimp to do it, that they'll get their Mailchimp account closed (as so many Warriors have)?

        For those willing to play around with the forum's search function, large numbers of Warriors have used free autoresponders, regretted it, and explained why at some length.

        There are also some very relevant recent comments in these posts/threads ...
        For myself, I would use Aweber or GetResponse, and nothing else. But that's opinion/preference, too.

        I'm willing to use only an autoresponder which I feel confident will still be there, with my lists intact, in 10 years' time, because my lists are a very, very valuable asset to my business, and I take huge care to whom I entrust their safekeeping, in an attempt to avoid all the accidents and problems which so many other Warriors have encountered.

        Read why they've encountered such problems, for yourself, in the threads above and others, and then decide whether you also want to avoid those problems.

        But don't imagine that planning to switch from one autoresponder to another, at a later stage, is a sensible or practicable way forward. It really isn't, if you can possibly avoid it (which is actually easy). This is one of the very few things in internet marketing which you really do have to try to get right, the first time around.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6286642].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author angelguy
    Thanks you all for the advice, i am very grateful....will definitely try out your suggestions.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6195150].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Randall Magwood
    Originally Posted by angelguy View Post

    Please can anyone tell me if there is a FREE downloadable software or FREE email service, that allows you to send up to 100 emails at once to your prospects or your down line and your prospects will receive the mail like it came for your own inbox. I would be very grateful for your help.
    Thanks
    Just pay Aweber $1 for the 30-day trial, and then use them for broadcast emails. After 30 days, you will only have to pay $19 a month. This nothing compared to how much money your site can make... if of course, you're broadcasting emails to a list of interested prospects who either bought from you or signed up to your opt-in email list.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6195544].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author aaaa33030
    You can get the full version of interspire autoresponder at fiver for $5
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6196476].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author jaynie
      Aweber is the way to go, reliable, easy to use, great tutiorals and tips to make better use of the site. You can even create an optin form to put onto your web page. So for only $20 a month, you can't go wrong, you probabally pay more than that for 1 takeaway meal.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6197499].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Jeff Baer
        Originally Posted by jaynie View Post

        Aweber is the way to go, reliable, easy to use, great tutiorals and tips to make better use of the site. You can even create an optin form to put onto your web page. So for only $20 a month, you can't go wrong, you probabally pay more than that for 1 takeaway meal.
        I love Aweber for my affiliate sites, but I am doing some offline work. Is aweber still the best or should I use something else?
        Signature

        Jeff Baer

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6200409].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Assefseer
    thanks Alaxender for the free version link..i have just signup at site.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6197587].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Sabrina001
    You can try Comm100 Email Marketing. It provides free trial which enables you to send 200 emails.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6198565].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JaynKeth
    Getreponse had a 30days trial for free, and they dont ask for your credit card. After the 30 days trial, you may then decide if you want to continue with it. This is good because you will then know whether you want to continue. Anything that is free, like what had mentioned above, may not be fully great and with lots of restriction. a
    Signature
    Stay consistent and FOCUS!
    This is the best system to succeed in internet marketing.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6203664].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author maestro_mr
    First of all, you have to encourage yourself to invest in small amount of money to buy a autoresponder.

    I would recommend GetResponse or AWeber.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6203697].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author MailVictor
    Try KoobooMail. It is extremely easy to use. It fulfills the exact requirements that provided by you: both downloadable and online version available. A trial account is free for up to 100 subscribers and NO expiration days for the trial account! The custom fields in KoobooMail allows you to send out email at only one time but looks exact customised for each individual subscriber! Also integrated with powerful result tracking tool, report, handy group communication(mailing list), survey etc.. I think the most outstanding point of KooboMail is it combines EASY-TO-USE user interface with all necessary features, which allows you a hassle-free start.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6204061].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Steve McBride
    Aweber is to marketers as rifles are to soldiers. There is a reason wars aren't fought with bows and arrows anymore. Better technology for the guy who wants to win.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6204117].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Viramara
    Try them :
    - Listwire (100% free)
    - Imnicamail free version (up to 1000 subscribers).
    Signature
    Those who have time and search for a better time will lose time (Sufi Proverb)
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6228363].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Michael75065
      is listwire or Imnicamail are they any good have you tried them?? what about support.



      Michael Ladd
      Signature
      Visit my blog to receive helpful information, tips and techniques, plus get some quality products!

      Enjoy and learn and have fun: http://YourSuccessUnlimited.Net
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6278255].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Viramara
    Yes I've tried them both, and they both are very supportive for the customer support. And they have a good delivery rate too. I personally like Imnica for the tracking stats. Beware if you dislike an ugly optin form, that's Listwire (hehe sorry Gary). However I'm OK with it, and my visitors don;t mind to optin through it, so what the heck.
    Signature
    Those who have time and search for a better time will lose time (Sufi Proverb)
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6286486].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Paul Dunstan
    I have used Mail Chimp but ran into the problem of them not liking IM. I then moved to TrafficWave. Traffic wave is really good and is the cheapest because the price is a static $17.95 no matter how many subs you have. First 30 days are free. However, the interface is pretty complex and the reporting is not as good as GetResponse or Aweber. I am now with aweber and would not move to another at the moment.

    List wire is a good free option, but it is ultimately there so that the owner can email you his own affiliate offers. It is his free offer to get you on his list. That is fine, as long as you know this!

    As has been said before. You get what you pay for!

    Paul
    Signature
    ............................

    UK Psychology Teacher Strikes Back For The Newbies!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6287309].message }}
  • I've used just about every autoresponder in the
    business in the last ten years including Aweber
    and GetResponse.

    My favorite of all of them was ResponseBot which
    closed after about 5 years. (There goes the old
    "I want to be sure my autoresponder is going to
    be around in 10 years" theory. Any one of them can
    close the doors tomorrow and there's nothing you
    can do but cry.)

    Right now, I'm using two different responders;
    Followup101 which belongs to Kelvin Brown, and
    Listwire which belongs to Gary Ambrose.

    Kelvin has been operating his service for over
    10 years now that I know of. It's not a free service
    although if you approach him in the right way, he
    might hook you up with a trial.

    I love the service. I've sent thousands of emails
    from there without it choking on me.

    Listwire doesn't charge a fee for their service
    which I also love.

    Yes, Gary is going to send you promotional emails
    because you join HIS list when you sign up for his
    free service. Why is that any different from giving
    away a free ebook so you can send your list emails
    that have something to sell inside?

    There are some people that claim Gary gets access
    to your list when you use his service.

    That's a crock of BULL!

    The only person who emails your people through
    Listwire is you and whoever you give access to.

    I've known Gary personally since 2004 and though
    he may be a little rough around the edges in some
    ways, he's a straight up marketer.

    He believes in treating his customers and subscribers
    with respect and expects the same from them.

    Deliverability? Gary Ambrose has spent over 8
    years that I know of cultivating relationships with
    the major players in the email business as well as
    making sure the Spam Cops know he's for real and
    that he does everything in his power to keep his
    operation clean.

    He was running Email Aces paid service long before he
    put Listwire together as a list builder.

    Regardless of what you decide to do, don't jump
    on the Aweber or GetResponse bandwagon just because
    everybody says it's the thing to do.

    Take advantage of the free trials and see which one
    works the best for you. See if you like the interface.
    See how hard it is to set up and learn all the different
    little quirks in the setup.

    Chances are they'll be there for years to come, but
    when it comes right down to it, there are no
    guarantees. As in the case of ResponseBot, a paid
    service can shut down just as quickly as a free one.

    It all depends on the person running the operation,
    and I'll put Kelvin Brown and Gary Ambrose up against
    the best of them.

    And that's all I got to say about that.

    Thanks for your time and kind attention.

    Michael
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6287698].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Paul Dunstan
      You are absolutely right Michael. I do not believe that Gary Ambrose uses other people's lists at all. That is rubbish. Also, I was not criticising his method of getting people onto HIS list. After all, we are all in this game to build a list, and providing a free auto-responder which is as high quality as List Wire is a very good method. Much better than eBooks, in my opinion. Provide a helpful service, rather than rehashed junk anyday.

      Good point about the big players. Just because everybody uses them doesn't mean they are the best. However, it does mean that the interface is worth considering, or they would not have become so popular. Again - I agree with you that people need to try these things out and see how they find them.

      Paul Dunstan
      Signature
      ............................

      UK Psychology Teacher Strikes Back For The Newbies!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6289754].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Srele
    Hey, you could start out with a free trial of the Get Response auto responder. The first 30 days are for free!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6293615].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Shaun Tango
    As a couple have already said, Mailchimp is great for trying out a free service. Yes you do run the risk of being banned if you send certain types of emails, but as long as your stats are good, this isn't usually a problem (You're only really flagged if you have people marking you as spam etc).

    If you do decide to use the Mailchimp free service, be sure to back up your list regularly. Then if the worse does happen, you can still bring your list elsewhere.
    Signature

    Fed up with being hit by Panda and Penguin? Then you need this free ebook.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6293666].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author TheProgrammer
    Try mailchimp or interspire email marketing script. mailchimp is cheap but IEM is little bit expensive.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6293949].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Viramara
    My point of view of using the "FREE" bandwagon is this : no one telling you should use the free autoresponder, free website, or free hosting FOREVER and ever and ever. If cash is tight, you can use them as a stepping stone. After all, the rule here is not using a service "just because it's free", you want a free and steady good quality (at least the "quality" until you can make your first money and invest to the paid ones).

    I actually joined someone's religious niche who use MailChimp. he never sell affiliate product, and only sell his own product in religious niche. Maybe that's why he thrived. But Mailchimp hates affiliate marketing.
    Signature
    Those who have time and search for a better time will lose time (Sufi Proverb)
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6296426].message }}

Trending Topics