by jkiley
7 replies
I see two options for users to register on my website...one thru my own registration form (where I keep their email addresses in my database), second is thru thru facebook.

Which way is better?

Also, at what point should I also ask them to register to my newsletter on aweber? Isn't that confusing that they register on site (verify their email address) and then register on newsletter (and then verify their email address again thru aweber)?

I am bit confused as to how to handle this.
#registrationshow
  • Profile picture of the author Tadresources
    Personally I would shy away from having anything to do with Facebook, The more streamlined you can make the process for both yourself and your customers the better IMO.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6226227].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Alexa Smith
    Banned
    Originally Posted by jkiley View Post

    I see two options for users to register on my website...one thru my own registration form (where I keep their email addresses in my database), second is thru thru facebook.

    Which way is better?
    The first, by far, I would have thought?

    Originally Posted by jkiley View Post

    Also, at what point should I also ask them to register to my newsletter on aweber? Isn't that confusing that they register on site (verify their email address) and then register on newsletter (and then verify their email address again thru aweber)?
    Yes, it would certainly be confusing and offputting to me, anyway. Can you not just use one (Aweber) sign-up for both, explaining that the sign-up is to the site and newsletter, and copy them into your own site's registration-process on your own? Or would speed/timing be a problem with that, because for some reason the site registration also needs to be immediate and automated?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6226266].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author jkiley
      Originally Posted by Alexa Smith View Post

      The first, by far, I would have thought?



      Yes, it would certainly be confusing and offputting to me, anyway. Can you not just use one (Aweber) sign-up for both, explaining that the sign-up is to the site and newsletter, and copy them into your own site's registration-process on your own? Or would speed/timing be a problem with that, because for some reason the site registration also needs to be immediate and automated?
      Well...if I use aweber's form to get email registrations then how will I get an automatic access to that? I get about 50+ registrations a day and of course adding those manually (by looking up from aweber account) is not feasible
      Signature
      Ridies.com - Leather Car Seat Covers, boot kits and interior
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6226293].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Alexa Smith
        Banned
        Originally Posted by jkiley View Post

        I get about 50+ registrations a day and of course adding those manually (by looking up from aweber account) is not feasible
        Point taken.

        Well, another suggestion: you can sign up to Aweber lists without submitting your email address into a conventional opt-in-form box, by sending an email to the appropriate Aweber list address, can't you? So might it be possible for you to have something automated on your site which allows people to register for the site and then automatically sends to Aweber an email as from their email address, so that that part's also automated for you? :confused:
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6226344].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author jkiley
          Originally Posted by Alexa Smith View Post

          Point taken.

          Well, another suggestion: you can sign up to Aweber lists without submitting your email address into a conventional opt-in-form box, by sending an email to the appropriate Aweber list address, can't you? So might it be possible for you to have something automated on your site which allows people to register for the site and then automatically sends to Aweber an email as from their email address, so that that part's also automated for you? :confused:
          ok, so instead of my system verifies the email address (by sending a verification code), let aweber do that?
          Signature
          Ridies.com - Leather Car Seat Covers, boot kits and interior
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6226467].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author jkiley
      Originally Posted by Alexa Smith View Post

      The first, by far, I would have thought?
      The reason I am thinking about FB registration is so that I get free FB fans that way. It can grow pretty quickly.
      Signature
      Ridies.com - Leather Car Seat Covers, boot kits and interior
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6226299].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author rahsheen
    the first option is better because once you have there email you can just send them the newsletter
    Signature

    where the vision is to get you the best commissions and a ton of freebies.....click here!

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6227173].message }}

Trending Topics