Just resigned from my job....

35 replies
Hey Warriors,

To cut a long story short, I just finished up my "Day Job" as a Financial Planner. While I wish I could say it was because I was able to go fulltime in IM, its not. I am making money selling my own products, and affiliate products in a niche market. But Things are still very tough in the financial market, hence why I left.

But anyways... It now means I have plenty of time up my sleeves. So I thought I would ask that if anyone is new to IM and would like FREE one-on-one mentoring via skype on the basics of IM such as setting up a website in wordpress, creating squeeze pages, outsourcing etc... I would love to help.

I've setup a dozen niche websites, and at one stage was getting 1,000 visitors per day to my main site (well that was until the penguin update) and was using the traffic to grow my list.

Basically I want to get better at teaching and coaching people so this would be a win-win, plus the good karma should help too .

Just send me a PM if would like some advice/coaching, and we can arrange a short 15 mins or so one-on-one on skype.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Your friend in Australia

Paul
#advice #basics #jobanyone #onoonone #resigned
  • Profile picture of the author Prowebstakht
    Do you do any seo at all? On page seo?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6236535].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Taniwha
    Great job on wanting to help people out, just make sure your financially set with your product sales etc before you spend time helping others out.

    If you have money saved and you have enough income to get you by, ignore me.

    All the best for your future and I hope you can double what you made at your job.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6236629].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Freedom66K
    Deleted, sending PM.
    Signature
    Clicker - The Ultimate High CTR Monetization Theme for WordPress. 40% Discount for Warriors!
    QuickPress.Biz - WordPress Setup & Configuration Services - Free Plan Available!
    IM Quest - An Internet Marketer's Journey
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6236638].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Gary Joseph
    Just PM'd you... Good to see a fellow Aussie on here!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6236641].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author onSubie
    Hi

    You could do well with a financial planning and advice blog/site and use that to build a list of prospective clients with the standard "free" ebook opt-in.

    Your background would give you credibility and allow you to add your personal voice to your products.

    There are lots of financial CPA and affiliate offers.

    Also, as you know, finance companies will pay a pretty penny for targeted leads.

    You could do a great offline marketing business helping business with Internet and Social Marketing while giving them and assurance of a strong background in finances.

    Mahlon
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6237710].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author John Romaine
    Where in OZ are you?
    Signature

    BS free SEO services, training and advice - SEO Point

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6237836].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author onSubie
      Originally Posted by John Romaine View Post

      Where in OZ are you?

      LOL

      I read that as

      "Where in la-la land do you think you are with that crazy idea?"

      but you meant

      "Where in Australia are you?"



      Mahlon
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6237934].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Freedom66K
        Originally Posted by onSubie View Post

        LOL

        I read that as

        "Where in la-la land do you think you are with that crazy idea?"

        but you meant

        "Where in Australia are you?"



        Mahlon
        LOL

        That was my first reaction too.
        Signature
        Clicker - The Ultimate High CTR Monetization Theme for WordPress. 40% Discount for Warriors!
        QuickPress.Biz - WordPress Setup & Configuration Services - Free Plan Available!
        IM Quest - An Internet Marketer's Journey
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6237966].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author charto911
    Originally Posted by grimace_86 View Post

    Hey Warriors,

    To cut a long story short, I just finished up my "Day Job" as a Financial Planner. While I wish I could say it was because I was able to go fulltime in IM, its not. I am making money selling my own products, and affiliate products in a niche market. But Things are still very tough in the financial market, hence why I left.

    But anyways... It now means I have plenty of time up my sleeves. So I thought I would ask that if anyone is new to IM and would like FREE one-on-one mentoring via skype on the basics of IM such as setting up a website in wordpress, creating squeeze pages, outsourcing etc... I would love to help.

    I've setup a dozen niche websites, and at one stage was getting 1,000 visitors per day to my main site (well that was until the penguin update) and was using the traffic to grow my list.

    Basically I want to get better at teaching and coaching people so this would be a win-win, plus the good karma should help too .

    Just send me a PM if would like some advice/coaching, and we can arrange a short 15 mins or so one-on-one on skype.

    Look forward to hearing from you.

    Your friend in Australia

    Paul
    Congratulations my friend! I made the leap from hedge fund trader to full time IM business owner and am now living the dream while breaking that figure we all initially dream about on my own schedule! You will be proud you made this choice. If you need words of wisdom or advice let me know.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6237849].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Mike Hill
    Good for you...

    Why not setup a coaching program. To get people to see the value you have to offer why not setup a Challenge for yourself each month.

    For example start with a "30 videos in 30 days" challenge. Write down 30 big questions from your market and then create a video of you answering each question... one per video. Go into detail and give a solid answer.

    Then do another challenge next month like writing 25 articles in 30 days for syndication.

    The whole ideal is to do these challenges on top of your normal IM work load. Taking the time to do this will really help brand yourself in your chosen niche and boost your traffic and subscribers.

    Will also help with your new coaching program sales if you decide to do that

    Mike Hill
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6237850].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author rmolina88
    Congrats! Hopefully one day, I can do the same.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6237877].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author John Romaine
    5 years ago I got into trouble by my boss for being 4 minutes late.

    I quit my job the next day and been hitting Youtube, Facebook and living off passive income ever since (thumbs up)
    Signature

    BS free SEO services, training and advice - SEO Point

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6237879].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Chris Silvey
      I would appreciate coaching from anyone who could help me get my first clickbank sell. So far nothing has worked.
      Signature
      WP Animate - Increases Conversions & Clicks!
      Create Amazing CSS3 Animations in just a few Clicks - New!

      WPHeadline.net - Create Blazing Headlines in just a few clicks. Updated to WordPress 4.1.1
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6237903].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author bhola badshah
      Originally Posted by John Romaine View Post

      5 years ago I got into trouble by my boss for being 4 minutes late.

      I quit my job the next day and been hitting Youtube, Facebook and living off passive income ever since (thumbs up)
      you da man....

      I hope you didn't start from zero and you had some knowledge in hand...
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6238048].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author grimace_86
        Originally Posted by Mike Hill View Post

        Good for you...

        Why not setup a coaching program. To get people to see the value you have to offer why not setup a Challenge for yourself each month.

        For example start with a "30 videos in 30 days" challenge. Write down 30 big questions from your market and then create a video of you answering each question... one per video. Go into detail and give a solid answer.

        Then do another challenge next month like writing 25 articles in 30 days for syndication.

        The whole ideal is to do these challenges on top of your normal IM work load. Taking the time to do this will really help brand yourself in your chosen niche and boost your traffic and subscribers.

        Will also help with your new coaching program sales if you decide to do that

        Mike Hill
        Mike thats a great idea. Its funny you say that cause I've just started doing more stuff with youtube over the past week or so.

        Originally Posted by John Romaine View Post

        Where in OZ are you?
        John I'm in Brisbane. How bout yourself?

        Originally Posted by onSubie View Post

        Hi

        You could do well with a financial planning and advice blog/site and use that to build a list of prospective clients with the standard "free" ebook opt-in.

        Your background would give you credibility and allow you to add your personal voice to your products.

        There are lots of financial CPA and affiliate offers.

        Also, as you know, finance companies will pay a pretty penny for targeted leads.

        You could do a great offline marketing business helping business with Internet and Social Marketing while giving them and assurance of a strong background in finances.

        Mahlon
        Thats a great idea. I have thought of a similar idea in the past but was worried of a conflict of interest. But I guess I don't have to worry about that now...lol

        Originally Posted by John Romaine View Post

        5 years ago I got into trouble by my boss for being 4 minutes late.

        I quit my job the next day and been hitting Youtube, Facebook and living off passive income ever since (thumbs up)
        4 minutes late...far out!!

        I bet quitting the next day would have felt outstanding.

        Originally Posted by irdominguez View Post

        Hey Paul -

        What a very generous offer! I'll send you a PM - congratulations on making the move to being a full-time IMer - I will make that move shortly if things pan out the way they're supposed to.
        Didn't received a PM from you yet, just thought I would let you know.

        Originally Posted by Chris Silvey View Post

        I would appreciate coaching from anyone who could help me get my first clickbank sell. So far nothing has worked.
        Just PM'd you
        Signature
        Attention: Bloggers, Affiliate Marketers & Information Product Marketers!

        "I’m Going To Teach You The Quick & Easy Way To Get Someone Else To Do All Those Boring, Mundane, & Repetitive Tasks That You Hate Doing In Your Online Business"

        ==> CLICK HERE To Discover How! <==
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6238663].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author John Romaine
          Originally Posted by WGOHOSTING View Post

          you da man....

          I hope you didn't start from zero and you had some knowledge in hand...
          Nope, none. Not in terms of Internet marketing. I just knew that If I didnt just "do it", that Id still be sitting there in 10 years, waiting for the "right time."

          Originally Posted by grimace_86 View Post

          John I'm in Brisbane. How bout yourself?
          Bugger. Just left Bris Vegas. Im now in Sydney.
          Signature

          BS free SEO services, training and advice - SEO Point

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6241619].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author mikehuff
            Originally Posted by John Romaine View Post

            Nope, none. Not in terms of Internet marketing. I just knew that If I didnt just "do it", that Id still be sitting there in 10 years, waiting for the "right time."
            Hey man, great job. I recently put in notice at my job, and nope, NOT really prepared. I think a sink or swim position like this will do me a lot of good though. If we want it bad enough, nothing can hold us back. Now it's time to see just how bad we really want it. Good luck to EVERYBODY trying to make the change. It really is achievable.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6241840].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Irwin Dominguez
    Hey Paul -

    What a very generous offer! I'll send you a PM - congratulations on making the move to being a full-time IMer - I will make that move shortly if things pan out the way they're supposed to.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6237898].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Ettienne
    Saw the title of the thread and just came in to say...

    WOOOOHOOOO!!! Well, that's how I felt when I quit my job in 2008 anyway...

    All the best!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6239087].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Fantasysl06
    <br>
    I bet quitting the next day would have felt outstanding.<br>
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6241691].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author john Roberts
    Hello Grimace 86, I can't pm you can u pm me? with your Skype info? I would love to here from you Thanks
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6241752].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author hazyl lee
    I hope I could make this move in one year time today's declaration, I can do it !
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6241794].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author saladflorida
    all i can say is Congratulation to you Paul !
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6241817].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Paul Guest
      Well done Paul, it is certainly better working for yourself than others.

      I also help people in IM and it is very rewarding, especially when you help someone quit their main job for a much better style of living.
      Signature
      Super Affiliate Club - more money, less work
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6241871].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author TopKat22
    Good for you taking the plunge. Good luck and very generous offer.

    I wish you all the best.
    Signature
    44 days in and we broke the $10K a month recurring bench mark.

    Guaranteed 60% Opt In Rate Traffic-Real People-Fresh Today-High Quality Biz Opp traffic![/URL]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6241911].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Kal Sallam
    Great decision, I wish you the best.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6242159].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JohnGaltMarket
    It's true that for a test one-on-one coaching it's a great way to try yourself out.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6242729].message }}
  • Originally Posted by grimace_86 View Post

    Hey Warriors,

    To cut a long story short, I just finished up my "Day Job" as a Financial Planner. While I wish I could say it was because I was able to go fulltime in IM, its not. I am making money selling my own products, and affiliate products in a niche market. But Things are still very tough in the financial market, hence why I left.

    But anyways... It now means I have plenty of time up my sleeves. So I thought I would ask that if anyone is new to IM and would like FREE one-on-one mentoring via skype on the basics of IM such as setting up a website in wordpress, creating squeeze pages, outsourcing etc... I would love to help.

    I've setup a dozen niche websites, and at one stage was getting 1,000 visitors per day to my main site (well that was until the penguin update) and was using the traffic to grow my list.

    Basically I want to get better at teaching and coaching people so this would be a win-win, plus the good karma should help too .

    Just send me a PM if would like some advice/coaching, and we can arrange a short 15 mins or so one-on-one on skype.

    Look forward to hearing from you.

    Your friend in Australia

    Paul
    So are you saying that you "quit" your job? If so, I don't know it if that was the wisest choice. Unless of course you're already making a full-time income off the internet. It's tough to make money online if you don't have the right ideas. There are many smart people who have failed miserably at it.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6242744].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author cashp0wer
      Congratulations from being able to quit your job. That was very brave of you! You must be doing very well and how kind of you to offer coaching to newbies.
      Signature
      My Internet Marketing Blog - Warts And All!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6242770].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author alfid
    Good luck! I am sorry you aren't making full-time on IM yet, but make the most of your time and work your butt off and I am sure that soon you will be!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6242805].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author johnben1444
    Looks like you are doing well..

    You have left your job because of the economic crisis and your site was hit by penguin, that means you have double trouble to deal with yet you have the time to help others.

    You must be genius,
    Wish you all the best in the world of entrepreneur.
    Signature
    Grow your social media account, Spotify Streams, YT Views & IG Followers & More
    Software & Mobile APP Developer
    Buy Spotify, Facebook Bot & IG M/S Method
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6242850].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author uncmonk500
    nice 1, be a long while before I can quit my job!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6242983].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author AGP
    WEll done on quitting the job , hope to be in a similar position myself soon. I live in the uk and would love some coaching .. all the best
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6243048].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author CyborgX
    Working hard on IM and hardly working on my day job. I guess if I have that kind of passive income I will be joining you soon.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6243139].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author OmarNegron
    Congrats bro. And yeah penguin his ALOT of internet marketers out there.

    -Omar
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6244054].message }}

Trending Topics