Who here is a Clickbank vendor -- That is actually making money from it?

18 replies
I've had a good quality health ebook for a while now. It's around 50 pages and I plan to sell it on clickbank. The reason that I haven't started yet, is because I ran out of money, my job stopped giving me hours because I had to go away unexpected for a funeral, etc.

So what I'm asking here, is there anybody that successfully sells on clickbank as a vendor that remembers when they first started?

I'm really looking for somebody to take me under their wing right now and just guide me in the right direction. I'm not looking for a paid "coach" or a "mentor" because I wouldn't take up that much time, so no need to recommend coaching programs to me. If you think you could help me out, either PM me, or reply to this thread. If you would be willing to help me privately, I would be able to pay you for your time after everything is set up and making money (Keep the comments to yourself, you don't have to trust me if you don't want to).

Here are my problems:

I have a low budget. I have around $90 to spend total right now, and all I have is an ebook and a list of potential affiliates information. I don't have any really good strong points in creating sales pages or sales videos and they don't really have anybody that can make me one with my budget. I can probably manage to throw together a crappy sales page, but I looked at other sales pages in my niche (weight loss) on clickbank and they have AMAZING sales pages. I'm not in bad shape at all and even I was tempted to buy. lol Also, please note that I'm TERRIBLE at web design if you haven't figured it out yet.

What I need:

Sales page/video (including purchasing website and possibly hosting unless anybody would recommend free hosting)
Upsale or OTO (easy to get, don't really need help in this area. I would just need help getting the page set up)
Opt-in area (separate page, or somewhere on the sales page. I haven't figured out what the best decision is yet)
[OPTIONAL] 3D book cover

...and I think that's really all I need before I can get my product on clickbank and start contacting potential affiliates and driving traffic myself. I really planned on outsourcing everything else because I'm terrible at web design, but I don't think I can get these things with my budget right now.

Any suggestions or tips?
#clickbank #making #money #vendor
  • Profile picture of the author ryanman
    Originally Posted by iRunThis View Post


    Here are my problems:

    I have a low budget. I have around $90 to spend total right now, and all I have is an ebook and a list of potential affiliates information. I don't have any really good strong points in creating sales pages or sales videos and they don't really have anybody that can make me one with my budget. I can probably manage to throw together a crappy sales page, but I looked at other sales pages in my niche (weight loss) on clickbank and they have AMAZING sales pages. I'm not in bad shape at all and even I was tempted to buy. lol Also, please note that I'm TERRIBLE at web design if you haven't figured it out yet.
    I would suggest that if you don't have enough money to invest in a copywriter and a designer then learn a little bit of it yourself first even if it takes you some time. That's what I did when I started out.
    Signature


    ^^^Click The "UGLY BANNER" to "MAKE MONEY"^^^
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6242005].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author iRunThis
      Originally Posted by ryanman View Post

      I would suggest that if you don't have enough money to invest in a copywriter and a designer then learn a little bit of it yourself first even if it takes you some time. That's what I did when I started out.
      Do you want to teach me? lol How long did it take you to learn how to do sales pages similar to the one in your signature? Where and how did you learn?
      Signature
      "Grammar: The difference between knowing your sh*t, and knowing you're sh*t." -A Wise Man
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6242030].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author ryanman
        Originally Posted by iRunThis View Post

        Do you want to teach me? lol How long did it take you to learn how to do sales pages similar to the one in your signature? Where and how did you learn?
        It is not something which can be just taught...Trust me I say this based on experience with some folks I mentored some time back. You will have to put a lot of time and effort into everything yourself. Having a mentor is like an invisible security blanket, eventually you will realize that you have to do it all yourself.

        How long did it take me?

        I started out as a clickbank affiliate & for the first year or so I was promoting dating products and one day I thought wait a minute - I can do better than this. That's when I got into the vendor arena.

        Where and how did I learn?

        I learned all of it myself by googling things at first then I slowly stumbled on to marketing books, then books on copywriting, advertising etc. I didn't have a mentor.

        Here is a list of things I learned myself -

        - Photoshop.
        - Adobe after effects.
        - Dreamweaver.

        That took care of the design aspect when I was starting out.
        Signature


        ^^^Click The "UGLY BANNER" to "MAKE MONEY"^^^
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6242063].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author 8485marketing
    Id be happy to help out wherever I can. I do some graphic design work as part of my business, and seeing as your just getting on your way, any fees wavered. I have a health and fitness website and maybe we could strike a deal in the future.
    Signature
    If you've been looking for a way to get started with an information marketing business then your search is well and truly over. Here is everything you need to get started online.
    Join My 30 Day Challenge
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6242092].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Alexa Smith
    Banned
    Originally Posted by iRunThis View Post

    What I need:

    Sales page/video (including purchasing website and possibly hosting unless anybody would recommend free hosting)
    Upsale or OTO (easy to get, don't really need help in this area. I would just need help getting the page set up)
    Opt-in area (separate page, or somewhere on the sales page. I haven't figured out what the best decision is yet)
    [OPTIONAL] 3D book cover
    Please excuse me if I'm "stating the obvious" here - and I don't intend to come across as criticising at all: just (hopefully!) to show you a slightly different perspective of your situation, which is maybe the one held by most of the experienced, successful people you're really looking for (you do want it to be someone experienced and successful, right?) ...

    What you need comprises all the "high value skills" of the equation, while what you have (an ebook written and for sale) is something that can fairly easily be outsourced for $200/$300 or so. You take my point, perhaps? People with the skills/facilities available to provide what you say you need don't themselves "need" to be sharing the profits from such a deal with anyone - and (dare I mention?) perhaps especially not with someone not offering a substantial downpayment.

    The copywriting is going to be the expensive part, isn't it? There are, for example, some copywriters who'll work on a profit-sharing basis, with a cient they already know and trust, but even then they'll expect (and get) a reasonable downpayment in advance.

    Apologies if this comes across as negative: I'm simply trying to suggest that, realistically, a Big Strategic Rethink may actually be more beneficial to you than what you're suggesting, as things stand at the moment? :confused:
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6242113].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author iRunThis
      Originally Posted by 8485marketing View Post

      Id be happy to help out wherever I can. I do some graphic design work as part of my business, and seeing as your just getting on your way, any fees wavered. I have a health and fitness website and maybe we could strike a deal in the future.
      I'm going to PM you. I just checked out your forum and I think we can definitely work something out after I get everything up and running.

      Originally Posted by Alexa Smith View Post

      a Big Strategic Rethink may actually be more beneficial to you than what you're suggesting, as things stand at the moment?
      You're right. I think I'm going to take ryans advice and try to learn how to do it on my own. I just feel like whatever I learn how to do won't be good enough to compete with the other "heavy weights" in the weight loss niche on clickbank (no pun intended).
      Signature
      "Grammar: The difference between knowing your sh*t, and knowing you're sh*t." -A Wise Man
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6242172].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author WillR
        Originally Posted by iRunThis View Post

        You're right. I think I'm going to take ryans advice and try to learn how to do it on my own. I just feel like whatever I learn how to do won't be good enough to compete with the other "heavy weights" in the weight loss niche on clickbank (no pun intended).
        If you want to learn how to do copywriting or graphic design properly then it is going to take you a LONG time. They are both skills that cannot just be learnt in a few weeks or months. Why do you think GOOD copywriters and GOOD graphic designers are able to charge so much for their services?

        Do you know how much the BIG guys on Clickbank spend to have their sales pages written. We are talking $10,000 - $15,000 plus. A sales page written by yourself with very little copywriting skills or even a copywriter you hire for a couple of hundred dollars just isn't going to cut it.

        The fact is your budget is too low. It may be all the money you have at the moment, and that's fine. But my solution would be to go and earn some more money to increase your budget rather than just blowing what you have on VERY mediocre services because your results will be just as mediocre.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6245263].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author 8485marketing
        Originally Posted by iRunThis View Post

        I'm going to PM you. I just checked out your forum and I think we can definitely work something out after I get everything up and running.
        Not received a PM from you yet, just wondered if all was okay?
        BTW I am unable to send PMs so if you do, please send me contact details outside of here so that we can discuss. i.e. email or skype?
        Signature
        If you've been looking for a way to get started with an information marketing business then your search is well and truly over. Here is everything you need to get started online.
        Join My 30 Day Challenge
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6247097].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ryanman
    Originally Posted by iRunThis View Post

    I've had a good quality health ebook for a while now. It's around 50 pages and I plan to sell it on clickbank. The reason that I haven't started yet, is because I ran out of money, my job stopped giving me hours because I had to go away unexpected for a funeral, etc.

    Another thing I'd like to point out is that if you're getting into the health niche then it's extremely important that you know your market & know how to pitch an offer which is utterly irresistible. There are some serious heavy weights already present in this category on clickbank therefore you have to give affiliates an extremely good reason to switch & promote you.
    Signature


    ^^^Click The "UGLY BANNER" to "MAKE MONEY"^^^
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6242143].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Nicola Lane
    I would like to suggest that you think about Kindle.

    If all you have is an ebook, then you may find it difficult to make sales and avoid refunds on Clickbank. People are starting to want more than just a book with clickbank - especially when they realize that they can get an ebook over a Amazon a lot cheaper than at clickbank.

    Of course it is true that you can sell just an ebook on clickbank - but you will probably find that the people who do that succesfully have a track record and/or lots of money to throw at the problem and/or access to the super affiliates.

    I could be wrong as I have no figures to back this up.

    Take a look at Kindle, Nook etc - given your resources you would probably make more profit with those than you would with clickbank.

    Hope that helps
    Signature

    I like to keep an open mind, but not so open that my brains fall out

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6242304].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jbsmith
    What do you mean you "have" a high quality health ebook, is it something you wrote yourself, PLR or something you had written?

    Quality is one thing, "in-demand" is another.

    What I would recommend you do ASAP...

    1. Setup a Wordpress Blog on your own domain...
    2. Use the free Google Keyword Suggestion Tool to explore the keyword combinations that people will use to search for solutions to the problem your health product addresses
    3. Get yourself an autoresponder account (Aweber, 1SC, etc...) and put together a 3-5 part email course or small report that directly targets the same underlying demand as your ebook does
    4. Study top sales letters on Clickbank and top websites in other domains to learn the basics of how a sales letter is structured...then put together a very simple (yet professional) sales page on your own.
    5. Finally, you'll need a payment processor - that could be Clickbank or Paypal for example

    Your action plan should be

    1. Get your freebie email course or report put together...load that into your autoresponder - each lesson should provide a practical, usable and relevant tip directly linked with the demand behind your ebook with a link to your ebook sales page to get more information
    2. Get your blog operational and post daily with relevant content (tips, opinions, experiences, news related to your topic, etc...) and include a form (created fom within your autoresponder) where people can sign up to your email course or to download your report
    3. Get your sales page up - once you have a draft written you can post it here for ctitiques and you are sure to get some decent help (Ideally you could pay a copywriter to review which would be less expensive than a complete greenfield write-up, but there some very intelligent marketers here to)
    4. Use Google's Website Optimizer as a free split-testing script to test multiple versions of your sales page - that will help you fine-tune conversions faster
    5. In parallel you can approach the potential affiliate list you have with a note as to what you have asking if they would like a review copy and then if they review it and like your ebook, you can typically get them to sign on as an affiliate

    Enough of a roadmap for you?

    Jeff
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6242539].message }}
  • It takes years to master what you are asking (at least for me it did) but you can start on your own to get something up, the key is IT DOESN'T HAVE TO BE PERFECT. Then just keep improving as you go, that's the secret. Now if you can get someone to mentor you that's great but you can start on your own. You can read here, get a WSO (they are affordable) read free stuff and implement. I think the implement is where most people fail they are always learning and not always implementing.

    Good luck, you can do it!
    Signature
    soon people... Relax...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6242961].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author thedanbrown
    If you have no budget for copy I would suggest to start learning. There are some great WSO's that both teach copywriting techniques and also there's one that gives you high converting templates. You might want to start there. The best way to learn is to try and fail. Then learn from your mistakes and try something different.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6243011].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Dietriffic
    If money is that tight, why not do paid article writing for a while to build up funds?

    Anyone who is offering you web design or copywriting for free, probably isn't very good.

    You'll waste more time and money by cheaping out.

    Get some funds and do it right.
    Signature

    — Melanie (RD)

    Weight loss/fitness marketers earn 75% per sale with... The Fat Reversal Formula
    Join me: Twitter and Facebook

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6243087].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author MilesBaker
    I've been making money with ClickBank for over a decade.

    Personally I learned most of what I know the hard way at first, through trial and error. Now I learn a lot through split-testing, creating new projects, experience, networking, attending events, and just talking with other friends in the industry. I find I learn a lot from people I know and have relationships with because they're most open to sharing, however I learn a lot at events also. In addition, just keeping up on what's going on, analyzing competitors and purchasing their products, going through their sales process can give you a lot of ideas too.

    Since you only have $90 I wouldn't even try to take much action at this point. At this point you should be only concerned with creating and formulating a solid step-by-step detailed plan. You need to know your roadmap before you set out on your journey so to speak.

    Once you have a solid plan in place, detailed with as many steps as you can foresee, have someone or many people review it. Then at that point you'll know specifically what it will cost and how much funds you'll even need. I see WAY too many people start out on projects only to ditch them because they don't have a plan and they don't know which way to go after a few steps into their plan or they run out of money. Either that or they change direction too foten because they get new ideas on how to do things and 2 years passes and nothing is accomplished.

    If you want to do it right and make it successful then you'll need to have your ducks in a row, that means finances as well. Get some prices on your website design, outline your projects so when you have the funds to outsource them you'll already know what you need. Get quotes on web hosting, figure out how you'll do your video and host it (personally I think YouTube is fine). Plan how your video will be created.

    So far your plans are nowhere near step-by-step, and you need to figure out each piece one at a time because you're missing a lot still, for example securing your ebook and thank-you page, customizing your checkout page, adding your customers to an autoresponder automatically after purchase, putting yourself in the ClickBank marketplace, how you'll handle customer support requests, etc.

    Once you have a FULLLY detailed outline and plan you'll be able to make better decisions at each step of the path. Being able to see your plan in full you'll be able to consolidate the work and save time and money.

    Best of luck!!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6244875].message }}
  • I suggest also that you try "Pay Per Click" if you want to earn bigger profit efficiently...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6245001].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author khaiez
    For the budget $90,I think you can hang around fiverr,find somebody there to do (design,video etc) for you.

    Or,you can browse see what other potential blog/site that same niche as you,contact them and ask for reviewing your ebook.attach yours for their review.I think those blog/site has already have their fans.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6245533].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author WillR
      Originally Posted by khaiez View Post

      For the budget $90,I think you can hang around fiverr,find somebody there to do (design,video etc) for you.
      Sure, he could. But keep in mind why those people are sitting there on fiverr only charging five dollars for their service. If they were truly talented at what they did they would not be undervaluing their services so much.

      You get what you pay for.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6245589].message }}

Trending Topics