Are Warriors Holding Each Other Back From Getting Rich?

71 replies
This post might shake up the beehive a bit, so let me start out by saying that I've made a lot of money from the things I've learned in this forum and I still recommend it as a valuable resource.

But, could it be possible that the influences and exposure you get here are holding you back from even greater levels of success?

I mean, if you're a newbie whose goal is to earn $3k a month at home, this place is a gold mine. However, once you have bigger goals, it seems like it's time to find your own tight network of people who share those goals.

For me personally, I don't spend as much time here anymore because of certain prevailing themes here that aren't aligned with what I need to focus on. For example:

- Pressure to set super low prices for your products

- Anti-guru sentiment

- Distrust of all people making income claims - "why the heck would they sell that system if they were making so much money with it?"

- The focus on doing WSOs for the IM niche instead of spending time on more lucrative opportunities.

- The focus on fast product creation for quick sums of cash instead of building an evergreen business.

- The focus on trying to be like the popular and outspoken Warriors who may really not as successful as they seem.

- Spending too much time creating and answering posts in order to get popular and make a name for yourself.

Again, this is not to bash this place at all. It's just an observation that maybe can help some people finally grow their business if they set the bar higher and are not as influenced by these things.

Thoughts?
#back #holding #rich #warriors
  • Profile picture of the author ryanman
    Originally Posted by Ron Douglas View Post

    But, could it be possible that the influences and exposure you get here are holding you back from even greater levels of success?
    Let me be the first one to say that I used to feel depressed browsing through some of the threads on this forum some time back. When I took a break, I had this rush of positive energy out of nowhere and I was 10 times more productive & literally tripled my income within a month or so.

    So yes, you are very correct in your observation.

    It's often said that your mindset is a result of the people you are around most of the time. Therefore if you constantly read one post after another with pessimistic material, you are sub-consciously bound to be dragged down as well.
    Signature


    ^^^Click The "UGLY BANNER" to "MAKE MONEY"^^^
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6242101].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Mark Andrews
      Banned
      Bang on the money as usual Ron.

      Although for one, I've missed seeing your valuable contributions on this forum.

      Hope you're keeping well my friend.

      Keep your chin up and all the best!


      Mark Andrews
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6242129].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author jwmann2
        A lot of people that participate in these forums are here for backlinks and not so much to get help or offer advice. Some people just flat out don't know what they're talking about while some do. Distinguishing the two is the tricky part.

        I understand what you're saying. The internet is saturated with people chasing a buck. The key is to find what works for you and your niche.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6272073].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Joseph Robinson
    Banned
    Originally Posted by Ron Douglas View Post

    But, could it be possible that the influences and exposure you get here are holding you back from even greater levels of success?
    It certainly can work out that way if the member let's it. Of course if they are that easily convinced/controlled/dependent on other people who have zero stake in the success of their business, they were kind of asking to hit this wall from the start.

    Originally Posted by Ron Douglas View Post

    I mean, if you're a newbie whose goal is to earn $3k a month at home, this place is a gold mine. However, once you have bigger goals, it seems like it's time to find your own tight network of people who share those goals.
    I agree, with the stipulation that there are some great people that frequent this forum that can be the basis of that network.

    Originally Posted by Ron Douglas View Post

    For me personally, I don't spend as much time here anymore because of certain prevailing themes here that aren't aligned with what I need to focus on. For example:

    - Pressure to set super low prices for your products

    - Anti-guru sentiment

    - Distrust of all people making income claims - "why the heck would they sell that system if they were making so much money with it?"

    - The focus on doing WSOs for the IM niche instead of spending time on more lucrative opportunities.

    - The focus on fast product creation for quick sums of cash instead of building an evergreen business.

    - The focus on trying to be like the popular and outspoken Warriors who may really not as successful as they seem.

    - Spending too much time creating and answering posts in order to get popular and make a name for yourself.
    I can also agree that all of these behaviors and trends are far too common in certain parts of the forum. It takes a sharp cookie to learn how to filter them all out.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6242117].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author fin
    I can't knock this place, it's taught me nearly everything I know, but I do agree that it might not be productive to stay here for the long term (though it's always nice to pop in every once in a while).

    The more I've learned in the last 10 months, the less threads interest me on the forum these days. There can be good conversations but they're few and far between. Most of the threads now are, "How can I make $3000 by next week".

    I've got a private forum I want to join at the end of summer, where it's got lots of entrepreneurs that are building all sorts of great businesses. I reckon I'll use that place as my main go-to, but I'll always stop by the forum.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6242284].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author alfid
    I don't think that we are really holding each other back, I mean this place is a goldmine for 3k/month goals like you said, but people aren't just going to give away amazing methods. You've got to pave your own way.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6242353].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author BIG Mike
    Banned
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6242382].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Marcus Rockey
      Originally Posted by BIG Mike View Post

      I think you've got to just take it with a grain of salt - at the end of the day, nothing that goes on here really has any kind of impact on what I do or interferes with me reaching my goals.

      There's a core group of really good people here that make it worthwhile to spend a small amount of time each day discussing whatever. Answering questions and helping out the newcomers here and there is a nice opportunity to give something back.

      I'm actually quite fond of the WF community, but still, as Paul Myers likes to say, "It's just a forum folks."
      Loving this post.

      Being there for other people is a currency this world needs more and more of. This forum is very good for that, but I also like the way in which it challenges people to grow and not give up.

      When I first arrived here I didn't really plug in to the value of WF due to my own preoccupation with an inability to make any money. I was a taker.

      Fast forward several months and much has changed, financially and my take on the worth in these threads. This is one of most valuable resources in my online business. IM can be a bit lonely if we don't keep things structured and WF helps with that process.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6307047].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author TeamFreedom
    Banned
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6242443].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Rod Cortez
      Originally Posted by TeamFreedom View Post

      I enjoy the forum. However I wish there were more people who were interested in building ideas. Building each other up. I have many ideas and thoughts to what I want to achieve. However it would be awesome to get together with others, easier.

      Very well written.
      The mastermind sub-forum is a GREAT place for this. If you can't find a good one to join, then start your own. There wasn't a mastermind sub-forum back when I first registered here, but with some effort you CAN find people who have similar goals that you do. I founded my first mastermind with 8 other action-minded Warriors in about a week.

      I'm not talking about a mastermind where people get together and all they do is talk, I'm talking about having a mastermind where people take action on what they just talked about and help one another out.

      RoD
      Signature
      "Your personal philosophy is the greatest determining factor in how your life works out."
      - Jim Rohn
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6242878].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author datingworld
    I would say, sorry, but I don't agree with your argument. I might agree that not too many innovative ideas are shared on this forum often But it is still a great place to learn from fellow warriors.
    I personally have started my IM journey less than 2 years ago and joined this forum, I would say this forum has made me Hero from Zero in IM. If I am earning 5 figures a month today, all thanks goes to warriors and their shared tactics on this forum.
    Your argument that this forum is good for newbies who want to earn $3000, with all due respect, this is not true, This forum is for people who really want to make very serious money in IM.
    I do agree that some of the threads are not interesting and some members keep posting just to increase their number of posts but that is just a case of individuals.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6242459].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Joseph Robinson
      Banned
      Originally Posted by datingworld View Post

      I do agree that some of the threads are not interesting and some members keep posting just to increase their number of posts but that is just a case of individuals.
      I think you have that idea inverted. In this section of the forum especially, the number of legit contributors compared to the number of whiners, gripers, question repeaters, spammers, and post count whores is definitely not in the legit posters favor.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6243005].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author 8485marketing
    Im fairly new to this forum, but have been actively involved in many forums over the last few years, and many are just as good as this, maybe not as active in some respect but certainly content rich. Whichever forum you are involved in there is always some negativity in respect of internet marketing products. IMO a lot of this is down to the false promises made by big name marketers about the push button softwares that have created a general feeling of being let down. People should be wiser to it but feel they have to let off steam somewhere and hence coming to such forums. If you look closely, there are a lot of genuinely good quality questions being asked and with a lot of people putting in their "2 cents worth" it gives people more options about how to take their business forward.
    Signature
    If you've been looking for a way to get started with an information marketing business then your search is well and truly over. Here is everything you need to get started online.
    Join My 30 Day Challenge
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6242493].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author johnben1444
    Great post UP there and i hope it goes DOWN too.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6242519].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Kal Sallam
    Very true...

    I believe it has a lot to do with time management.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6242883].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author asuran
    I think the only person who could hold me back from my success is me.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6242893].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author rudi
    It is sad but true, the power of WF is limted. The problem is there are proven methods of doing things yet some people still insist on telling you they are wrong. When I say have you actually tried it they say no. I say, well how do you know it does not work and there answer is ALWAYS, someone else on here says it doesn't work.

    The fact is there is no real right and wrong way of doing things in IM, it is a trial and error process until you find something that works for you.
    Ron is totally correct when saying the forum is brilliant if you want to earn a few $K online monthly then fine.

    I started many years ago in IM and it took a while to earn enough to go full time. But since I went full time I could not get enough. Selling clickbank, CJ, amazon etc products drives me nuts. While I do not subscribe to the Guru mentality, there are most definitely people who know there trade. I prefer masters than Guru as these days Guru is associated with the con men who promise to make you rich. However, I make a very good living speaking, writing and teaching people to do exactly what I cannot stand to do myself. However, I never tell my students to rest on the laurels and to always take it to the next step because an online income might get pulled out from under you one day by one of Googles many whims!
    Oh and too many people associate post counts with experience. For me, when someone has only been a member for 7 months and has 3000 posts then they have too much time on there hands. I am kidding, but seriously, listen to advice from everyone on here not just those with massive post numbers.

    Rudi
    Signature

    New Course - Master Level Funnels - Get Multiple High Paying Clients While Living Life On Your Own Terms

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6242897].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author RedShifted
    All I know is ambigous, abstract threads tend to not really engage me. But the second I see a thread outlining a specific technique or method, I always click into it.

    I like the idea of building ideas, working on something specific, and having a lot of people focused on one thing. I've thought about this a lot before too. What if you have a network of say 50 guys all working together to accomplish one thing. You can leave comments on each others sites, promote each others products, exchange lists, help each other market. Although I think that would work best if people worked more in a complimentary fashion (complimentary niches) rather than all focusing on the same exact niche.

    What I'd honestly like to find on this forum are people exactly like this. But local people, and that seems to be difficult to do on this forum, is usually easier in real life by calling up businesses. But then you find out the people don't really give a crap about marketing. So I come back to this forum.

    I know the power of mastermind groups because I've been in one like 8 years ago and changed my entire life as far as dating goes. So now I'd like to do something like that for marketing. I think all I really need to do is just speak up a bit more about it, as I tend to just read peoples posts and look for people in my niche... and so far I haven't found one person. Niche is energy efficiency btw. For some reason I just don't see a lot of people targeting that niche on here.

    -Red
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6243119].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author luckystepho
    I find that being on here can be a huge time waster if I'm not too careful! I guess that sometimes there will be a whole load of posters who are not actually making any money but pretending to be successful!

    I guess it is making a habit of filtering these out and getting to know the Warriors who give the best advice and who actually 'walk their talk'.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6243170].message }}
  • I try to avoid reading the negative people's post and focus on the positive ones with ideas and there are plenty of ideas. I check every other day and there are good ideas here, the key is not to focus on those who are jealous. At one of my live seminars a guy walked up to me and said that gurus should be limited on how much they should be allowed to make (I'm not kidding). If I see this kind of mentality I just skip it, it's worked so far since there is good stuff here and good solutions.
    Signature
    soon people... Relax...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6243299].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JD Ways
    This is a GREAT place to learn and share! BUT I see your point Ron, It can be a time waster if you let it, as well as a place to become complacient with your earnings as well!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6243429].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author wannabeaim
    WOW you make it sound like a drag to earn $3k a month. I would quit my 9-5 job and doubled my yearly income if i was earning that much. hahaha
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6243799].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Rick Britton
    As a so called "newbie" product creator, despite having 25 years professional experience in my field of bodywork, healing, personal training, life coaching and many others, I am being told repeatedly that I need to "start small" and that I can't expect to have a successful launch of my first product because as a newb I don't have credibility.

    Why is that? Who decides? I mean, I am a Masters degree educated serious professional who has helped literally thousands of people in real need yet someone who happens to have worked out how to make websites and do all kinds of fancy IT stuff is telling me I have to establish credibility. How does that work? How about asking the many people I have helped recover from all kinds of debilitating conditions whether they think I am credible?

    Sorry, but I am not accepting the perceived wisdom and following the "start small" model for product launches on here. I have some nice stuff to share and I am going to announce it proudly and market it to the demographics it is intended to reach. So, JV partners won't want to join in because I don't have a record? OK, fine I will just get on with it. I have great stuff and in the end the people who need to get it, will do just that.

    I wish someone like a Ron Douglas or Willie Crawford would take me under their wing and help me reach all the potential customers for my stuff - there are an enormous number of them.

    The main thing I have learnt here is the "list building" business model and the importance of networking. I am hoping to create a large portfolio of products in the coming 2 or 3 years and to create a brand with lots of loyal customers that trust me to meet their needs and to provide value and genuine benefit.
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6243832].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Colin Palfrey
      Originally Posted by Rick Britton View Post

      As a so called "newbie" product creator, despite having 25 years professional experience in my field of bodywork, healing, personal training, life coaching and many others, I am being told repeatedly that I need to "start small" and that I can't expect to have a successful launch of my first product because as a newb I don't have credibility.

      Why is that? Who decides? I mean, I am a Masters degree educated serious professional who has helped literally thousands of people in real need yet someone who happens to have worked out how to make websites and do all kinds of fancy IT stuff is telling me I have to establish credibility. How does that work? How about asking the many people I have helped recover from all kinds of debilitating conditions whether they think I am credible?

      Sorry, but I am not accepting the perceived wisdom and following the "start small" model for product launches on here. I have some nice stuff to share and I am going to announce it proudly and market it to the demographics it is intended to reach. So, JV partners won't want to join in because I don't have a record? OK, fine I will just get on with it. I have great stuff and in the end the people who need to get it, will do just that.

      I wish someone like a Ron Douglas or Willie Crawford would take me under their wing and help me reach all the potential customers for my stuff - there are an enormous number of them.

      The main thing I have learnt here is the "list building" business model and the importance of networking. I am hoping to create a large portfolio of products in the coming 2 or 3 years and to create a brand with lots of loyal customers that trust me to meet their needs and to provide value and genuine benefit.
      It sounds to me like you are good to go. There are people on here that think big and they are worth listening to but they are a small group. There is also an abundance of bottom-feeders and you shouldn't let them put you off.

      Many people here are trying to fake their expert status and wouldn't know credibility if it bit them on the butt. If you are an expert in your field then you don't need to grub about faking it, so filter all advice that relates to that and just keep on trucking.
      Signature

      I write articles and eBooks - PM me for details!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6244740].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Rick Britton
        Originally Posted by Colin Palfrey View Post

        It sounds to me like you are good to go. There are people on here that think big and they are worth listening to but they are a small group. There is also an abundance of bottom-feeders and you shouldn't let them put you off.

        Many people here are trying to fake their expert status and wouldn't know credibility if it bit them on the butt. If you are an expert in your field then you don't need to grub about faking it, so filter all advice that relates to that and just keep on trucking.
        Thanks my friend

        Yes, I am good to go, I have everything I need and I know my stuff works because it has been tested in the field ad finitum.

        What I am struggling with is all the IT stuff. What irritates me is the attitude I come across which says "oh you don't know your squeeze page from your FTP zip file thingamy? You must be useless then" or "you will get that credibility when you can do it"

        Anyway, onwards
        Signature

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6244772].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Colin Palfrey
          Originally Posted by Rick Britton View Post

          Thanks my friend

          Yes, I am good to go, I have everything I need and I know my stuff works because it has been tested in the field ad finitum.

          What I am struggling with is all the IT stuff. What irritates me is the attitude I come across which says "oh you don't know your squeeze page from your FTP zip file thingamy? You must be useless then" or "you will get that credibility when you can do it"

          Anyway, onwards
          You can hire people to do that stuff, though. You don't need to know everything in your business. Think like Henry Ford, he didn't now everything about making cars, he just knew where to find people with that knowledge. Then he paid them not to argue, just to make it happen. I'm basing my new approach to business around this philosophy.
          Signature

          I write articles and eBooks - PM me for details!
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6244821].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Paul Myers
            I would say, sorry, but I don't agree with your argument. I might agree that not too many innovative ideas are shared on this forum often But it is still a great place to learn from fellow warriors.

            I personally have started my IM journey less than 2 years ago and joined this forum, I would say this forum has made me Hero from Zero in IM. If I am earning 5 figures a month today, all thanks goes to warriors and their shared tactics on this forum.
            That's because of your mindset. There are people who get slowed down hy the negatives here, and people who build based on the positives. It takes mental discipline and focus to force yourself to sort through what's good and what isn't. It takes awareness to avoid the people who spout off about things they don't understand, and to listen to the people who do know what they're talking about without assuming their advice will work in every situation.

            There are people who've allowed their dreams to be crushed by the negatives in this place. There are people who've let their dreams push them and who used what they learned here to achieve more than they started out looking for.

            There are people who love to bash the place. There are folks who can't say enough good about it. Neither of those perspectives really says anything about the group. They both, however, say a lot about the people holding them. In the end, as Mike mentioned, it's only a forum. What you do with what you find here is on YOU. No-one else takes the blame and no-one else gets the credit.

            The same is true of the people who assume that this place is only for folks in the early stages of an online business. That might be true, if you look only at the discussion sections. But if you look past that, at the opportunities and the networking that exist here, you'd be hard pressed to find a better place that's open to all.

            There are a lot of private groups that operate at pretty high levels that consist almost exclusively of WF members.

            I am constantly amazed at the way people label things. Not just this forum, but everything. They stick it in a box, and assume it fits their limited descriptions for whatever label they've assigned it.

            The people who are smart enough to look at what is, rather than what their labels say should be, will always see much more to everything than the folks who like to force artificial "order" on the world.


            Paul
            Signature
            .
            Stop by Paul's Pub - my little hangout on Facebook.

            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6244914].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author Gerald Arno
              Banned
              Originally Posted by Paul Myers View Post

              That's because of your mindset. There are people who get slowed down hy the negatives here, and people who build based on the positives. It takes mental discipline and focus to force yourself to sort through what's good and what isn't. It takes awareness to avoid the people who spout off about things they don't understand, and to listen to the people who do know what they're talking about without assuming their advice will work in every situation.

              There are people who've allowed their dreams to be crushed by the negatives in this place. There are people who've let their dreams push them and who used what they learned here to achieve more than they started out looking for.

              There are people who love to bash the place. There are folks who can't say enough good about it. Neither of those perspectives really says anything about the group. They both, however, say a lot about the people holding them. In the end, as Mike mentioned, it's only a forum. What you do with what you find here is on YOU. No-one else takes the blame and no-one else gets the credit.

              The same is true of the people who assume that this place is only for folks in the early stages of an online business. That might be true, if you look only at the discussion sections. But if you look past that, at the opportunities and the networking that exist here, you'd be hard pressed to find a better place that's open to all.

              There are a lot of private groups that operate at pretty high levels that consist almost exclusively of WF members.

              I am constantly amazed at the way people label things. Not just this forum, but everything. They stick it in a box, and assume it fits their limited descriptions for whatever label they've assigned it.

              The people who are smart enough to look at what is, rather than what their labels say should be, will always see much more to everything than the folks who like to force artificial "order" on the world.


              Paul
              You made a great point Paul.

              It's really all about where you put your attention and focus on.

              For instance, you can use 5 minutes for something positive or something negative.

              Way too many people get involved in arguments or useless discussions that don't add any personal value to their mindset.

              If you focus on things you cannot control, you are wasting your time.

              The better you start to think, the better your business becomes. The goal should always be on improving your internal state so that you'll be able to cope with things easily and bring more awareness to your daily marketing.

              There're are people who are on this forum that are making more money in 3 0 minutes than another person does in 9 hours.

              Business is all about your mindset and strategy. Your mind creates everything and controls your life.

              The goal should be to become a master of thought so that you can form disciplines that pay for a lifetime.
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6305330].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author JacMer
          Originally Posted by Rick Britton View Post

          Thanks my friend

          What I am struggling with is all the IT stuff. What irritates me is the attitude I come across which says "oh you don't know your squeeze page from your FTP zip file thingamy? You must be useless then" or "you will get that credibility when you can do it"

          Anyway, onwards
          Timothy Ferriss wrote an interesting book titled "The 4-Hour Workweek...", the basis is do what you do best and outsource the rest. If you are a brain surgeon, perhaps you should let someone else change your sparkplugs as they are better at it and more efficient than you. I use odesk for a number of short term and long term projects. Knowing all that IT stuff is nice, but is it the best use of your time
          Jack
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6244974].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Rick Britton
            Originally Posted by JacMer View Post

            Timothy Ferriss wrote an interesting book titled "The 4-Hour Workweek...", the basis is do what you do best and outsource the rest. If you are a brain surgeon, perhaps you should let someone else change your sparkplugs as they are better at it and more efficient than you. I use odesk for a number of short term and long term projects. Knowing all that IT stuff is nice, but is it the best use of your time
            Jack
            I will outsource it when I can afford it

            I have approached all kinds of people to come and help realise the launch and marketing of all my stuff. Designers and web builders want money up front that I don't have and IMers (even one who claims to make $200k/year) dont wanna mix with small fry

            just have to do it myself
            Signature

            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6245009].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Will Edwards
      Originally Posted by Rick Britton View Post

      So, JV partners won't want to join in because I don't have a record?
      Rick - contact me when your program is ready.

      Will
      Signature
      Whether you are a Reader, an Author or a Website Owner, we have something for you!

      Books that Inspire
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6249624].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Chris Chicas
    I like WF... there is a lot of information; some good, some not so good, and def a lot of hype. For newbies it might be difficult separating what truly works with all the hype and that's where a lot of people run into trouble.

    Everyone needs a solid plan, and if you have that under you, at least a workable one, then with that in mind this place can add a lot of value to your ideas.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6244062].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author VinBed
    I think it is definitely possible to outgrow this forum. Once you've made it past the initial stage of simply supporting yourself with an online income, you have to look in somewhat different places for a network of support and profitable partnerships. The most wealthy people that I can think of don't spend their time on forums - but rather eating at nice restaurants and being social with their fellow millionaires and billionaires.

    It's those individuals who can get you funded or who can provide you with the opportunities to go farther.

    Just my $.02 on the topic.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6244801].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Black Hat Cat
    Banned
    Originally Posted by Ron Douglas View Post
    I mean, if you're a newbie whose goal is to earn $3k a month at home, this place is a gold mine.
    Where is this $3k gold of which you speak? A lot of newbies might like to know.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6245352].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Rod Cortez
    There are a lot of private groups that operate at pretty high levels that consist almost exclusively of WF members.
    I wanted to address this because I thinks it's very important. Many years ago a couple of very well-known marketers made a couple of posts that really made an impression on me. It was their story how they first came to this forum and nobody wanted to do Joint Ventures with them because they were too new, had no experience, and had no metrics (conversion numbers, et al.).

    So they formed their first master mind groups (separately, since they did not know of one another yet) and they did this by seeking out other people on their level mixed in with people who had more experience, even if it wasn't by much. So if you're making nothing, you can learn from someone who's making $500 a month or $2,000 a month, etc. There's something that they are doing that's working for them and it's usually teachable.

    They worked their asses off, focusing on growing their business, testing out different headlines, sales copy, price points, while networking on forums and at seminars and local events. They didn't waste a single minute on getting into flame wars or trying to prove that they were right. They weren't interested in pissing contests, they were interested in making enough money to take care of their families.

    What fascinated me about both their stories is that both these individuals did not even know the other existed until years later when their paths crossed through a mutual friend. It wasn't just their hard work ethic that got them to the big pay days, it was their mindset, and their ability to stay focused on the things that matter.

    RoD
    Signature
    "Your personal philosophy is the greatest determining factor in how your life works out."
    - Jim Rohn
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6248346].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author The Niche Man
    The title of your post is an an interesting theory. But it puts a little too much emphasis on Warriors holding each other back.

    It's more accurate to blame "The Warrior" for holding themselves back or allowing themselves to be held back by some of the negative content.

    A lot of times you have to know how to separate the meat from the bones.
    Signature
    Download "Free 80 Page E-Book"
    "201 Ways To Live Better On Less Money".
    "Because The Easiest Way To Make Money is ... ... By Saving Some First!"
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6248940].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Brad Gosse
    That's why I love you Ron. You have the success mindset that all the smartest people have. I agree there is a ton of negativity holding people back.

    The biggest problem I see over and over is people who don't believe it's real. They think everything is smoke and mirrors. There is a lot of that but I have met people who are well known here who are KILLING it in business.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6249008].message }}
    • Originally Posted by Brad Gosse View Post

      That's why I love you Ron. You have the success mindset that all the smartest people have. I agree there is a ton of negativity holding people back.

      The biggest problem I see over and over is people who don't believe it's real. They think everything is smoke and mirrors. There is a lot of that but I have met people who are well known here who are KILLING it in business.
      Never a more true word (read sentence) spoken. I'm moving into the canned food and silver bar business.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6250111].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Rick Britton
    I was chatting to some guy about my project, a young Warrior who makes $20k a month from his projects, and during the conversation he started literally laughing out loud.

    I asked him why he was laughing and his reply was something like "hahaha, you're a small time no hoper and your plan sucks! I make $20k each month hahaha and you never will"

    Is this the kind of attitude Ron was talking about?
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6249070].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Joseph Robinson
      Banned
      Originally Posted by Rick Britton View Post

      I was chatting to some guy about my project, a young Warrior who makes $20k a month from his projects, and during the conversation he started literally laughing out loud.

      I asked him why he was laughing and his reply was something like "hahaha, you're a small time no hoper and your plan sucks! I make $20k each month hahaha and you never will"

      Is this the kind of attitude Ron was talking about?
      No, we generally call people like that a**holes, and pay them no mind.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6249866].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author fin
      Originally Posted by Rick Britton View Post

      I was chatting to some guy about my project, a young Warrior who makes $20k a month from his projects
      Meh... that's what most warriors make... apparently:rolleyes:.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6249944].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Joseph Robinson
        Banned
        Originally Posted by fin View Post

        Meh... that's what most warriors make... apparently:rolleyes:.
        I make $100k per month. It's a super secret method though, you've probably never heard of it.

        That comment just made me realize that IMers with sketchy methods are like hipsters:

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6249972].message }}
    • Originally Posted by Rick Britton View Post

      I was chatting to some guy about my project, a young Warrior who makes $20k a month from his projects, and during the conversation he started literally laughing out loud.

      I asked him why he was laughing and his reply was something like "hahaha, you're a small time no hoper and your plan sucks! I make $20k each month hahaha and you never will"

      Is this the kind of attitude Ron was talking about?
      Rick,

      Your kidding me - I hope? That's really awful.

      The only reason I can see is he is he thought you were hitting him up for a JV?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6250147].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Rick Britton
        Originally Posted by Steve Peters Benn View Post

        Rick,

        Your kidding me - I hope? That's really awful.

        The only reason I can see is he is he thought you were hitting him up for a JV?
        we were talking about a JV but he had approached me

        and no, not kidding
        Signature

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6250166].message }}
        • Originally Posted by Rick Britton View Post

          we were talking about a JV but he had approached me

          and no, not kidding
          I'd just ignore the "feedback" then....
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6250200].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Fernando Veloso
    Cheers Ron,

    Always good to see someone sharing different views in here.

    Originally Posted by Ron Douglas View Post

    I mean, if you're a newbie whose goal is to earn $3k a month at home, this place is a gold mine. However, once you have bigger goals, it seems like it's time to find your own tight network of people who share those goals.
    Agree 100%. Sometimes we just have to see the business side of this IM world, otherwise we get trapped in peanuts, when we could be making real money.

    And some Warriors, with so much knowledge, just need a push to the top!
    Signature
    People make good money selling to the rich. But the rich got rich selling to the masses.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6249853].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Rick Britton
    Must say a big thank you to some guys on the forum though that are really inspiring me:

    Justin Glover for over delivering on every promise, what a mentor the guy is! Totally changed my outlook in a one on one call which lasted much longer than promised

    Allen Payne likewise delivering amazing stuff and answering questions directly and swiftly, pointing to great learning resources

    Fin who paid for my War Room Membership - what a generous guy and I have made vast progress since that day

    Alyona the Publicist who inspired the product creator in me with one of her threads about the importance of creating your own stuff

    Alexa Smith for posting inspirational messages so consistently

    CDarklock for making me understand that I need to be true to myself

    Mark Andrews for starting the sponsor a newbie thread that got me sponsored, and for introducing me to

    Diana Heuser who is really helping me realise my business

    Willie Crawford for opening my eyes and making me think big even if he didn't know he was doing that to me

    FreddyFortunes (Freddy Babbs) for giving me, literally, all of his insider stuff on media buying, CPA stuff and viral marketing

    Anthony Aires who has given away three WSOs in recent weeks, each which revealed another aspect of how the internet really works

    and

    Paul James (IamPaulJames) who just has to be the smartest 23 year old I know. He is incredible if you don't know him. Created amazing things and allowed me to see behind the curtains to offline consultancy methods and I think I paid him something like $9 or $14 for which I got access to 3 training programs and his private forum and loads of goodies, tips, tricks and resources I never knew existed.

    If I missed anyone out I apologise but take it as read if you have helped me, shown me stuff or just encouraged me I am truly grateful

    See this place is still really great
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6250060].message }}
  • Originally Posted by Ron Douglas View Post

    This post might shake up the beehive a bit, so let me start out by saying that I've made a lot of money from the things I've learned in this forum and I still recommend it as a valuable resource.

    But, could it be possible that the influences and exposure you get here are holding you back from even greater levels of success?

    I mean, if you're a newbie whose goal is to earn $3k a month at home, this place is a gold mine. However, once you have bigger goals, it seems like it's time to find your own tight network of people who share those goals.

    For me personally, I don't spend as much time here anymore because of certain prevailing themes here that aren't aligned with what I need to focus on. For example:

    - Pressure to set super low prices for your products

    - Anti-guru sentiment

    - Distrust of all people making income claims - "why the heck would they sell that system if they were making so much money with it?"

    - The focus on doing WSOs for the IM niche instead of spending time on more lucrative opportunities.

    - The focus on fast product creation for quick sums of cash instead of building an evergreen business.

    - The focus on trying to be like the popular and outspoken Warriors who may really not as successful as they seem.

    - Spending too much time creating and answering posts in order to get popular and make a name for yourself.

    Again, this is not to bash this place at all. It's just an observation that maybe can help some people finally grow their business if they set the bar higher and are not as influenced by these things.

    Thoughts?
    I'm not sure you have to actually stick with those conventions, it's perfectly possible to break most of them - if you push.

    Still - it's worth asking, is it worth it - and on that I'm not sure. Everyone has their own definition of success - and their own interpretation of where other people are.

    Often, it's probably a bit wide of the mark.

    In some ways, I'd make a similar comment to yours regarding social media - in that much of it could be holding people back more than pushing them forward.

    So, I guess it comes down to a mindset change - something you had a long time ago. Some here will get there in their own time, some perhaps never.

    The wakeup call you've given is needed.

    Brad's speech at the Warrior Gathering seemed a perfect response to the very issues you talk about.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6250093].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author fenway2k
    I think we are all missing the point of what this forum is about.

    The WF is a GREAT place for people to LEARN the core fundamentals of internet marketing. People there are only four in my book: website, product, traffic, conversion.

    If you are complaining, then go look in the mirror and see if you are guilty of believing the 'hype' that is out there. Name a single business model or career path out there that doesn't have its negative elements or its share of exploiters looking to take advantage of unsuspecting newbies?

    If you are looking to make 3k a month, build a network of subscribers, JV partners, and make a name for yourself, the WHY NOT use the WF to do that? That's why we pay the $37 for membership and $40 per WSO. It's part of our business model.

    But all of this has nothing to do with YOUR business plan. If you agree that WF members are holding you back, then by all means be free! Do what you need to do because that's where the responsibility lies in the end. Have we forgotten that our business goals need to be tweaked as much as our websites and salesletters do? It's up to YOU, not the WF to assess where you are in your business and make whatever changes you need to in order to achieve the next level of success.

    You want to make that master product with the master email campaigns, sales funnel, and traffic generation method that will allow you to retire to Cancun, then go for it! Find those elite few who have done it and get in that circle.

    When you do, then please don't forget where you came from and take a few of us mediocre 3k a month lapdogs with you.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6250113].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author theroadto2020
      Wow, I was just thinking and writing about this myself today. Since joining in May, I have never been so unproductive in my life. I have kind of been addicted to this forum, spending so much time soaking up all the info, and not spending time producing. Considering how low down the ladder I am, yes like others, it does make it tougher to get motivated and get going. But, historically speaking, if you look at all the good, aged, web sites out there, and the new ones out there, they have been doing the same things, day in day out, and they are all doing well, even today. If you can do the same things, you can succeed as well. Now, you;ll just have to figure out what those things are....
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6270804].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author capitalalchemy
      Honestly, most of the time I avoid this forum and any other forum, unless I am really bored. I find it a bit depressing here. Too much harshness, and the fact that the conversations seem to be trapped in a time loop.

      There is a lot of good information here, but forums can be dangerous, because as you said you really don't know who actually knows what they are talking about and who doesn't.

      I was once told that what I was doing would never work by a bunch of people on another forum. It was a long time ago and at the time I was doing essentially bum marketing before it became branded like that and caught on.

      I listened to those people because they all had post counts in the thousands. Then a year later that's all they were talking about doing. It was frustrating.

      I felt cheated. Never be afraid to test something and dance to your own drum beat!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6272497].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Nathan251
        I only started in IM a few months ago and the forum was a godsend for me, but but but now that I know a little about what I should be doing, I feel I need to move away from it for a while and take action.

        I think the forum is best suited to the opposite ends of the extreme, the newbies seeking basic info and the networked high-end clique who all promote each others products and dominate the WSO area - for those in between - well I'm sure what their expectations are but it's all about the hard graft and constantly looking for the shiny magic solution will only detract from the real work needed to succeed

        I would suggest one of the major stumbling blocks facing many in the post-newbie stage is the self-doubting question "Surely there is a shortcut way to do this" - there usually is but you need to either have plenty of money to invest or to know the right people and that takes times
        Signature
        Get your grubby hands on a revolutionary content-grabbing Wordpress plug-in now?? Oh and it's FREE for a limited time only!!!
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6272570].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author JOSourcing
        Banned
        Originally Posted by capitalalchemy View Post

        There is a lot of good information here, but forums can be dangerous, because as you said you really don't know who actually knows what they are talking about and who doesn't.
        Well said, however I think people should bear some responsibility in what they believe to be true. It's so easy to verify what's claimed here with what's claimed at authority sites, online encyclopedias, and marketing news sources, but it's painfully apparent that some folks flat-out refuse to do any kind of research at all.

        So while the OP may see some warriors holding others back, I see some warriors holding themselves back. Willingly, at that.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6272784].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author capitalalchemy
          Originally Posted by JOSourcing View Post

          Well said, however I think people should bear some responsibility in what they believe to be true. It's so easy to verify what's claimed here with what's claimed at authority sites, online encyclopedias, and marketing news sources, but it's painfully apparent that some folks flat-out refuse to do any kind of research at all.

          So while the OP may see some warriors holding others back, I see some warriors holding themselves back. Willingly, at that.
          Doubtful. What if this were the first place you were to come for information and got locked in? That's how I began too with some other forums, while I was researching many articles, videos, talking to people in the real world who were actually making a killing online.

          Also, why is it that every time I post an opinion the conversation stops? Do I shut it down because I am the "turd in the punchbowl" here without realizing it, or do I kill the conversation with brilliance? Seriously, I do not know -- but I'm always the one to end a conversation :rolleyes:
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6302662].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author JOSourcing
            Banned
            Originally Posted by capitalalchemy View Post

            Doubtful. What if this were the first place you were to come for information and got locked in?
            Well, this isn't a prison. You are, in fact, free to move about the Internet. ;-)

            Originally Posted by capitalalchemy View Post

            That's how I began too with some other forums, while I was researching many articles, videos, talking to people in the real world who were actually making a killing online.

            Also, why is it that every time I post an opinion the conversation stops? Do I shut it down because I am the "turd in the punchbowl" here without realizing it, or do I kill the conversation with brilliance? Seriously, I do not know -- but I'm always the one to end a conversation :rolleyes:
            LOL - you're just being paranoid.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6303289].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author capitalalchemy
              Originally Posted by JOSourcing View Post

              Well, this isn't a prison. You are, in fact, free to move about the Internet. ;-)



              LOL - you're just being paranoid.
              Shooo! well me, myself and I were starting to get worried
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6305220].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author ACGroup1
      I agree with you. The WF is a great place for starting out, and I believe that if you get something out of it you should return and give something back, advice is the best, but you do need to step out into the big world at some point.
      I look at it like being in college. When you first arrive it feels like the biggest place in the world. You're no longer under your parents watchful eye, thee are so many new and exciting things to see and try, and even though you feel a bit of fear, you jump into those things. Somewhere around the middle of your Sophomore year, you should start realizing that you need to start thinking about life beyond the hallowed halls.
      I am aware that some people make a good living here, but, like in college, everyone cannot be a professor. Many will have to go out and get real jobs.
      I think the big problem with most is that it's hard to leave the comfort zone. The WF is a security blanket. I't's safe, everyone is talking about the same things, and there are leaders to constantly guide you in the popular directions. If people like you don't come back and let others know that there is a whole big world out there where yo can make a lot of money, a lot of contacts, and learn a lot more than you ever have before, it remains safe here in the sandbox with the rest of the kids.
      (Now I know I will take some heat for that remark. It's just an analogy, I am not calling everyone kids, nor am I implying that we are all in a sandbox.)
      Anyway, good post. I hope it encourages everyone to step out there and test the waters, but for those who do, please make sure you come back to contribute. That will arm the next class with the tools they will need and the courage to step out once they are ready.
      Signature

      Warrior Deals on Fireplaces, Patio Heaters, or Gas Grills and more at HousewarmingHQ.com Contact me for Coupon codes

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6307233].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ryangoodhead
    Ive learnt alot on this forum, more than any other, it is a great starting platform for newbies to the industry. I also think it can save a lot of time avoiding the many pittfalls along the way, which is very time and money saving for those on a budget.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6270381].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Keith Everett
    I can't say I really agree with you Ron. The forum is what it is, it's a forum to DISCUSS.. is everything always going to be Hunky Dory?, of course not... It's a forum for everyone in our "beautiful game"...

    I view this forum as a FREE education because that's what it is, people from all walks of life trying to get by, imparting knowledge and YES sometimes they SUCK!... we all do sometimes!.. come on Ron don't tell me everything you say is on the money!..

    I love your stuff Ron, you are a great marketer but please recognise the needs of people to be, eh PEOPLE..
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6270836].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Ron Douglas
      Originally Posted by Keith Everett View Post

      I can't say I really agree with you Ron. The forum is what it is, it's a forum to DISCUSS.. is everything always going to be Hunky Dory?, of course not... It's a forum for everyone in our "beautiful game"...

      I view this forum as a FREE education because that's what it is, people from all walks of life trying to get by, imparting knowledge and YES sometimes they SUCK!... we all do sometimes!.. come on Ron don't tell me everything you say is on the money!..

      I love your stuff Ron, you are a great marketer but please recognise the needs of people to be, eh PEOPLE..
      It sounds like you disagree with a lot of people in this thread . Good for you Keith. Be an independent thinker.

      Maybe I'm a biased having been on this forum since 2004. I suppose it helped me a lot more back then because I had much less experience. I'm glad to see that it's still valued by many people, myself included but just not as much as it used to be.

      I still should come by and contribute more often though. It's important to give back and help people. I think if you read between the lines in my op, I tried to share some nuggets about thinking bigger and not limiting yourself to just the opportunities you see other marketers here focusing on.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6271293].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author tryinhere
    Originally Posted by Ron Douglas View Post

    could it be possible that the influences and exposure you get here are holding you back from even greater levels of success?

    Thoughts?

    Let me see ? it could also be the opposite in that some people are influenced to achieve greater levels of success. Some one wrote a great post a little while back ? 3 tips, influential stuff from memory and very apt for those ready to move to another level.


    Originally Posted by Ron Douglas View Post

    For me personally, I don't spend as much time here anymore because of certain prevailing themes here that aren't aligned with what I need to focus on.
    There is room for all levels of people here, nobody better than the next, or the last, just people at all different levels working toward a common goal.

    It would be a shame if people at any level felt like they could not contribute / give.

    The time you do spend here is appreciated very much so, I often mention you / link your 3 things post to many people struggling as a true example of what people can do if they dedicate themselves.

    You may just inspire more people than you think.
    Signature

    .

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6270890].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author juggerna623
    Thank you for you ideas.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6272152].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author imgeek2727
    There are some secrets that Warrior's wont want to share, not for free anyway. However most Warriors will give enough information to point guys in the right direction but if you are looking for it all to be spelled out for you, then you will generally be out of luck because if someone gives you the idea and tells you how to make it happen, then if it was a good idea, they would have done it already.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6303327].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Viramara
    The only section I try avoiding is the PPC/Adsense Section. It's honestly, most of the time -- depressing. I empathized with people who lost traffic from Google algorithm change (such posts are so rampant on PPC section), but sometimes it really freaked me out "how if my website is like that too? How if I experience that too?". I care for my babies so much, and I realized I've depended so much, too much on organic search for years for their traffic. So far they have survived various algorithm change, I'd rather not letting "lost traffic" fear taking over.

    I have my share too on forums for my websites traffic. In fact, I have nearly 10 active forum accounts in several niches beside WF. Any forums, even "self help", has its own share of negativity. There are always negative people everywhere in any walk of life - it's like a law of nature, so inevitable. But let's see the positive side of forums like this : sharing and helping.

    I have learned from my first 3 months in WF than 2 years wandering online from one "guru" mailing list to mailing list. I've met responsive and helpful people. A lot of threads and WSO's here inspired me to dare to create my own product. And (hahaha) I would never even know the existence of "Kindle" business and "offline" if I don't get in here.

    It is YOU who choose to not letting others hold you back. Keep the good, and ditch the bad.
    Signature
    Those who have time and search for a better time will lose time (Sufi Proverb)
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6304082].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author philuk
    Originally Posted by Ron Douglas View Post

    ... if you're a newbie whose goal is to earn $3k a month at home, this place is a gold mine.
    That's very reassuring. Looking forward to my first 3K
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6304608].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Blimeyoreilly
    Originally Posted by Ron Douglas View Post


    - Spending too much time creating and answering posts in order to get popular and make a name for yourself.

    Again, this is not to bash this place at all. It's just an observation that maybe can help some people finally grow their business if they set the bar higher and are not as influenced by these things.

    Thoughts?
    Now then... lol
    Think back to how you started out dear Ron. Were you not the one who learned how to manipulate & steer you focused attention on those things that you grew along with, that which ultimately made your current standing possible?

    You may think you are not bashing WF but some suggestions you make are hurtful. People come here to start learning about IM also. That also includes how they learn to communicate full stop. It must be great having excelled & all that but I will always defend WF members here as I am sure you would.

    I always admire & respect your success but please refrain from suggesting WF members are a negative force against themselves. I may be wrong but please correct me if you know it otherwise...

    but a wee lil birdie tells me in my ears you need a certain amount of posts even to launch a WSO in here. If I am wrong then that would explain why I work hard at not BSing people around but delivering whatever humanly possible that I can in order to contribute (& yes be recognised for it) but also meet people, learn, try be helpful, while at the same time realising my own goals. What is wrong with being human dear friend?
    Signature
    Be HaPpY, LuCkY & Successful in life!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6306945].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author travelerjim
    The first challenge I had initially when I first found WF was focusing on one strategy - there are so many great ideas bandied about. But if I had one piece of advice for newbies it is to understand your strengths and play to them in the strategies you embrace. Everyone here is starting from a different vantage point.
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6307279].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author bbradford71
    I am very new to this forum and to IM and to be honest I wish I could make 3K a month, I have only been able to get a couple of sales in the past month, I have spend more on advertising than I have made. I have learned a lot from this forum but will admit that it can be a little intimidating to hear about so many people that are doing so well with this and nothing that I have implemented seems to be working! I am sure one of these days things will kind of fall into place and sales will start picking up.

    At least that is what I keep telling myself
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6307355].message }}

Trending Topics