Flippa making money question

14 replies
Hello warriors, i have recently gotten into the flipping business and i have done well some times others not as much. question is this> do you think successful sellers create traffic to their auctions somehow? i mean people who sell brand new websites with no income or traffic like the guy smartbusiness who is the top seller in flippa.

thanks
#flippa #making #money #question
  • Profile picture of the author sbucciarel
    Banned
    For brand new sites, I've seen them use things like shill bidding and commenting to get on the "Most Active" tab as well as buying a Featured listing the last day or so (which is pretty expensive). They also tend to use a lot of hype in the sales letter and offer a lot of bonuses to try to make the site seem more valuable.

    It's more profitable and probably less work to just drive traffic to your sites, let them age a bit, make some revenue and then sell them. Flippa buyers particularly like Adsense income and I've seen fairly new sites sell for a decent amount with just a little Adsense income.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6258711].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Borja Obeso
      Originally Posted by sbucciarel View Post

      For brand new sites, I've seen them use things like shill bidding and commenting to get on the "Most Active" tab as well as buying a Featured listing the last day or so (which is pretty expensive). They also tend to use a lot of hype in the sales letter and offer a lot of bonuses to try to make the site seem more valuable.

      It's more profitable and probably less work to just drive traffic to your sites, let them age a bit, make some revenue and then sell them. Flippa buyers particularly like Adsense income and I've seen fairly new sites sell for a decent amount with just a little Adsense income.
      Very helpful, thanks.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6258770].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author sbucciarel
        Banned
        Originally Posted by Bomx View Post

        Very helpful, thanks.
        Either creating fake accounts or getting your friends to bid on your auction (fake bidding), all to make the auction appear more popular.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6258779].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author authorfriendly
        How much is a little adsense revenue, that is when would the amount be high enough to start catching a little interest?
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6258851].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author sbucciarel
          Banned
          Originally Posted by authorfriendly View Post

          How much is a little adsense revenue, that is when would the amount be high enough to start catching a little interest?
          I've seen sites that made as little as $35/mnth in Adsense sell for a decent amount on Flippa. They were fairly new sites. Flippa buyers really love Adsense. It's passive income. They don't have to do much work for it.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6258874].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author DonWarrior
    What I have been seeing a lot are the auctions like "MADE 1300$ in last 10 days"

    Most of the time these are sites that have been created only a few weeks ago showing paypal screenshoots with a lot of earning in short time.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6258854].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author sbucciarel
      Banned
      Originally Posted by DonWarrior View Post

      What I have been seeing a lot are the auctions like "MADE 1300$ in last 10 days"

      Most of the time these are sites that have been created only a few weeks ago showing paypal screenshoots with a lot of earning in short time.

      Funny is, that there really seem to be people out there buying this, lool.

      But as mentioned before, they get hyped a lot. there are quite a few forum on the web where they have groups just for flippa bidding.

      I would not do this, as it is worng to trick people into things that are obviously fake.

      I compare it alot to the MMO where **** is sold everyday because there is someone out there to buy it.

      At the moment I have quite a few sites in my portfolio that I wanted to sell on flippa so i was just following a lot of auctions throughout the last 2 months. some of the site i want to sell have decent adsense income and some dont have icome. But all of them are just underdeveloped due to a lack of time and could do much better if someone would invest some time (which I dont have) in them.

      I came to the conclusion not to sell them on flippa because I dont like the fact that someone there gets more money for a brand new PLR site than I would get for my , at least well setup and aged sites.

      May sound wierd but I dont like the fact. I will keep them untill a the day people get more experienced and know how to value a site. In the end they at least pay themselves until then.

      If you have no moral problems with that you should try the basic scheme of selling brand new sites with whatever promise or traffic and income proof. I personaly wouldn´t do it.
      Yeah ... to be clear, I don't in any way condone shill bidding or hyping up sales pages, making the promise of income where there is no real income.

      One thing I've seen a lot of ...
      Seller creates this turnkey blog site and starts selling the turnkey blogs. Makes income on that site and then starts cloning that site and selling it as a ready made business. The cloned sites do not make a dime but the seller uses the income screenshots from the one that did make money to sell these clones over and over and over again.

      You really have to do your homework on Flippa before you buy.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6258897].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Borja Obeso
        Originally Posted by sbucciarel View Post

        Seller creates this turnkey blog site and starts selling the turnkey blogs. Makes income on that site and then starts cloning that site and selling it as a ready made business. The cloned sites do not make a dime but the seller uses the income screenshots from the one that did make money to sell these clones over and over and over again...
        Yeah but that is just the same as falsifying screan shots, they are just taking the long road to the dark side if you will
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6258962].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Borja Obeso
      Originally Posted by DonWarrior View Post

      What I have been seeing a lot are the auctions like "MADE 1300$ in last 10 days"

      Most of the time these are sites that have been created only a few weeks ago showing paypal screenshoots with a lot of earning in short time.

      Funny is, that there really seem to be people out there buying this, lool.

      But as mentioned before, they get hyped a lot. there are quite a few forum on the web where they have groups just for flippa bidding.

      I would not do this, as it is worng to trick people into things that are obviously fake.

      I compare it alot to the MMO where **** is sold everyday because there is someone out there to buy it.

      At the moment I have quite a few sites in my portfolio that I wanted to sell on flippa so i was just following a lot of auctions throughout the last 2 months. some of the site i want to sell have decent adsense income and some dont have icome. But all of them are just underdeveloped due to a lack of time and could do much better if someone would invest some time (which I dont have) in them.

      I came to the conclusion not to sell them on flippa because I dont like the fact that someone there gets more money for a brand new PLR site than I would get for my , at least well setup and aged sites.

      May sound wierd but I dont like the fact. I will keep them untill a the day people get more experienced and know how to value a site. In the end they at least pay themselves until then.

      If you have no moral problems with that you should try the basic scheme of selling brand new sites with whatever promise or traffic and income proof. I personaly wouldn´t do it.
      I know what you mean, i definitively don't want to go own that unmoral path, my sites claim no traffic and no revenue. i guess those $100000 in 2 days sites are just falsifying earnings with photoshop or whatever. Nah, my question is about brand new sites claiming nothing but appearance and development and obviously potential.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6258916].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author opp2012
    One thing i can say about flipping is that it is a numbers game period.
    Just like everything on the internet the only way to increase the cost is to increase it's demand.

    I have sold over 50 sites now and i used to just buy a domain , asscosiate a website and then hope for the best , i guess 6 years ago you could acctually do that but now the web is soooooo over populated the only way for it to be seen is to treat it like a new website ,

    I uploads SH** loads of content wait 3 weeks and get the site i am selling ranked before i pay the $19 to the seller (Fli**a) I am really lucky though because SEO is what i do for a living and have done for 17 years so if anyone can do it i should be able to.

    the rule of thumb is to get the site in the top ten before you list it.

    The newworld internet marketers have been spoilt and tend to only consider a site if it has been SEO-d for them.

    Think about it though you have 2 similar domain names 1 is at page 10 already the other is just about been indexed.

    It's a no brainer to me which one to buy

    Hope this helped
    Signature
    Try the $10 7 day trial of the "SEO service" everyone is talking about this month.

    9 spaces left
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6258943].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author FNHPWR11
    I used to sell a fair amount of Adsense sites on Flippa. Most of my sites were earning around $200-300/month and I would sell them for around 10x monthly income. I never did any kind of traffic pushing to my auctions and would usually have roughly 30+ watchers on any given auction and 500-800 views/7 days.
    I haven't been on there much in the last few months. Seems kind of like the scammers are starting to take over there. A lot of new people who want to get into the "website" business buy these new sites from 150-300 bucks with zero income and zero stats. A ton of cookie cutter backlinking and FB like/Youtube view sites. The owners of these sites make new people think they can buy these sites and in a few months be making thousands a month. Which never happens.
    Signature

    [Amazon] You are leaving money on the table. Learn To Review Products Like A Pro

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6259056].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author sbucciarel
      Banned
      Originally Posted by FNHPWR11 View Post

      I used to sell a fair amount of Adsense sites on Flippa. Most of my sites were earning around $200-300/month and I would sell them for around 10x monthly income. I never did any kind of traffic pushing to my auctions and would usually have roughly 30+ watchers on any given auction and 500-800 views/7 days.
      I haven't been on there much in the last few months. Seems kind of like the scammers are starting to take over there. A lot of new people who want to get into the "website" business buy these new sites from 150-300 bucks with zero income and zero stats. A ton of cookie cutter backlinking and FB like/Youtube view sites. The owners of these sites make new people think they can buy these sites and in a few months be making thousands a month. Which never happens.
      This is why it's very important to check the seller's profile and look at all of his/her past listings. You will see a history of identical sites with different domain names if they are just selling clones over and over again, like in the sites I mentioned, plus these Selling Likes, Twitter Followers, etc. sites.

      For awhile there was the "selling traffic" sites. They were all the rage for a good long time and have died down now and now it's the Facebook Likes and Twitter Followers sites.

      When these sellers see something selling, everyone does the same thing and it becomes a Flippa trend until it finally just dies once buyers catch on.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6259121].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author GoingSomewhere
    The BEST website or blog that you can sell
    with peace of mind is virtual real estate with
    genuine and constant FREE targeted traffic and
    NET profits.

    You will get repeat buyers this way.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6269144].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author BipinJo
    From my experience, I find an ecommerce site to take considerable time in getting decent user statistics online. Moreover many business especially start-up business face this difficulty online. Also, I had my product on sale online. I have spent much more on commissions rather than advertising. These commission based sites actually did work to me.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6269357].message }}

Trending Topics