11 replies
What are the - "must have" tools for a starter, who wants to become a successful Ezine writer?

I want to start publishing.
#ezine #tools #writer
  • Profile picture of the author imfusa
    I would say that for becoming a successful Ezine writer, the requirements should be:
    1. thebestpinner.com
    2. native English speaker.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6274877].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Kay King
      Forget the spinners. Some of the best training in article writing is the series of emails sent by EZA - sign up for that list and read those free tutorials.
      Signature

      Saving one dog will not change the world - but the world will change forever for that one dog.
      It takes nothing away from a human to be kind to an animal.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6274989].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author AnniePot
        Originally Posted by Kay King View Post

        Forget the spinners. Some of the best training in article writing is the series of emails sent by EZA - sign up for that list and read those free tutorials.
        Well said Kay. It's driving me to drink (fortunately nothing more than a cup of tea at the moment,) the way 'spinning' is being introduced immediately in every new thread in the article genre.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6275000].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author adamv
      Originally Posted by imfusa View Post

      I would say that for becoming a successful Ezine writer, the requirements should be:
      1. thebestpinner.com
      2. native English speaker.
      Your first suggestion for someone that wants to become a writer is to buy a spinner? Wow. "Spinning" is not "Writing"

      If they were asking about building backlinks and wanted to post content to article directories I could see recommending a spinner but they asked about becoming a writer.

      The best writing tool in my arsenal (other than my brain) is Dragon Naturally Speaking.
      Signature

      Get a professional voice over for your next audio or video project at an affordable price -- I will record 150 words of text for just $5.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6275029].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author TheArticlePros
    As a writer, here is my list of tools:
    • My brain.
    • A pencil. (Preferably one of the clicker ones.)
    • A notepad. (...or 30. I like to have backups.)
    • Google Docs
    • Google
    • Clients
    Outside of the expense of the pencil and paper ($2 or so), I don't need anything else that costs money.
    Signature

    Posting About Life & Video Games:
    http://www.jarycu.com

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6275065].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author fin
      I use Microsoft Works Word, then I have to load it into Sigil to unformat it otherwise it just doesn't work in Ezine.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6275089].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Alexa Smith
    Banned
    Originally Posted by imfusa View Post

    I would say that for becoming a successful Ezine writer, the requirements should be:
    1. thebestpinner.com
    That's the number one thing you don't need.

    You won't easily get spun content accepted in an ezine, and even if you could, you'd get no benefit from it anyway. :rolleyes:

    Originally Posted by 7eclair View Post

    What are the - "must have" tools for a starter, who wants to become a successful Ezine writer?
    "Just" writing skills.

    To get published, in general, you need to be able to write content which other people want to share with their own readers/subscribers/visitors.

    To get published in ezines specifically, obviously it's "their own subscribers".

    Some ezines have their own specific rules (e.g. length requirements, and so on) but mostly getting your work accepted and published in them boils down to fairly obvious criteria like the ones mentioned in this thread: http://www.warriorforum.com/main-int...ml#post3188316

    And always read the ezine in which you want to be published, first, so you know what sort of content they publish.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6275119].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author 7eclair
    Thank you all for your ideas! I started reading the Ezine Articles Training Series and also I wrote down some articles. The only problem I have yet is that my grammar isn't so well. I checked out Thesaurus.com and improved some of my mistakes, but my punctuation is my biggest problem.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6278499].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author TheArticlePros
      Originally Posted by 7eclair View Post

      Thank you all for your ideas! I started reading the Ezine Articles Training Series and also I wrote down some articles. The only problem I have yet is that my grammar isn't so well. I checked out Thesaurus.com and improved some of my mistakes, but my punctuation is my biggest problem.
      "isn't so well" should actually read "isn't that good."

      You can go to sites like Grammarly and run your articles and content through and it will help to correct your grammar. If you are using MS-Word, it also does a grammar check. I'm not sure where you are geographically, but if you are not in the US or UK, your international settings on your computer may have to be tweaked to account for that.

      -- j
      Signature

      Posting About Life & Video Games:
      http://www.jarycu.com

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6280696].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author AnniePot
        This should help you with your punctuation: http://www.seasofcommerce.com/upload...29/strunk2.pdf

        And this should help you with your grammar: http://www.cs.vu.nl/~jms/doc/elos.pdf
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6280790].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author 7eclair
        Originally Posted by JaRyCu View Post

        "isn't so well" should actually read "isn't that good."

        You can go to sites like Grammarly and run your articles and content through and it will help to correct your grammar. If you are using MS-Word, it also does a grammar check. I'm not sure where you are geographically, but if you are not in the US or UK, your international settings on your computer may have to be tweaked to account for that.

        -- j
        I don't want to go to Grammarly.com at once because I prefer to refresh my mind and remember the grammar I left behind on school (although Grammarly will be my first option for proofreading my articles for plagiarism, etc). I din't knew for the International settings on my Word. I checked them out and are alright. Thanks!
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6283124].message }}

Trending Topics