26 replies
Are there many of women in IM? I had assumed that the IM forum would be comprised of mostly men (terrible stereotype, sorry) but I am pleasantly surprised to see quite a few women. How did you get interested in IM? Has it worked for you? Do you ever feel that IM is "man's world?" Just curious.
#women
  • Profile picture of the author Black Hat Cat
    Banned
    Originally Posted by little grey View Post

    Are there many of women in IM? I had assumed that the IM forum would be comprised of mostly men (terrible stereotype, sorry) but I am pleasantly surprised to see quite a few women. How did you get interested in IM? Has it worked for you? Do you ever feel that IM is "man's world?" Just curious.
    You may also be pleasantly surprised to learn that many of the women are men, lol.

    And by the way, it's not a terrible stereotype to assume an IM forum would be comprised mostly of men, so thers's no need to apologize for it.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6277346].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author sbucciarel
      Banned
      Originally Posted by Black Hat Cat View Post

      You may also be pleasantly surprised to learn that many of the women are men, lol.

      And by the way, it's not a terrible stereotype to assume an IM forum would be comprised mostly of men, so thers's no need to apologize for it.
      not only are some of women really men, but some of the men are really cats
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6277353].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Sean Doody
      I'd just like to add that some of the best IM'ers are women

      I guess when you think about the industry you could be forgiven for thinking it's male orientated but there are a good few women I know really making a big impact in the IM world

      After all, why wouldn't they
      Signature


      ** PLEASE READ AND LEAVE A COMMENT ON MY BLOG :) **
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6277360].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author andreasup
        Originally Posted by Sean Doody View Post

        I'd just like to add that some of the best IM'ers are women

        I guess when you think about the industry you could be forgiven for thinking it's male orientated but there are a good few women I know really making a big impact in the IM world

        After all, why wouldn't they
        I know a woman who is outstanding with her IM business. She does very well.

        I often wondered what she did that was so much better then the men in IM I know. What I realized about her is that she actually taps into her emotional base to figure out how to best motivate people - male and female - to buy her IM products and services.

        I think if more women understood IM they would be more present and out from the shadows of the Warrior Forum.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6277460].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author slayer0x59
      Originally Posted by Black Hat Cat View Post

      You may also be pleasantly surprised to learn that many of the women are men, lol.

      And by the way, it's not a terrible stereotype to assume an IM forum would be comprised mostly of men, so thers's no need to apologize for it.
      Thanks for the good laugh
      And yes I think most of the people here are men too. Barely see any women.
      Signature

      SEO/Webmaster/WordPress/Drupal site builder

      http://www.onlinejobs.ph/jobseekers/info/30461

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6277467].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Rose Anderson
        Originally Posted by slayer0x59 View Post

        Thanks for the good laugh
        And yes I think most of the people here are men too. Barely see any women.
        Hmmm... You must not have been here very long. There may be more men than women, but I don't think the phrase, "Barely see any women" is correct.

        Rose
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6277604].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Blimeyoreilly
    ...But all IM women whether they are humorous cats wearing top hats & cigar smokers with pretty skin, they all have equal standing in this WF world all the same. Women in WF are kick ass smart in 'ere. This is no exclusive club for us males, it's what you want it to be. If you wanted this to be an all woman's club thread, well... then consider your thread well & truly gatecrashed.
    Signature
    Be HaPpY, LuCkY & Successful in life!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6277422].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author GorillazGoods
    While it is true that IM is a male dominated field, there actually are quite a few female IM'ers that I know of. Personally, I think that if you are a woman working in IM, you'd have a huge advantage. When you think about it, many of the offers out there cater primarily to the male demographic and are promoted by of course: Men.

    I'm pretty sure there is a HUGE gap to be filled when it comes to the products made and catered for women. A female IM'er would be much better suited to promoting these offers than almost any dude would be.
    Signature
    Get Exclusive Access To Top Rated Marketing Products of 2014

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6277512].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author czilbersher
    Darn! I thought this thread was going to be about an up-and-coming calendar.
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6277542].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author little grey
      GorillazGoods got me thinking. Love the idea that there is a potential huge gap to fill. Very motivating.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6277728].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Kat.D
        That's funny huh! Never thought about that potential gap to fill. Got me thinking too

        Originally Posted by little grey View Post

        GorillazGoods got me thinking. Love the idea that there is a potential huge gap to fill. Very motivating.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6278051].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ShayB
    Originally Posted by little grey View Post

    Are there many of women in IM? I had assumed that the IM forum would be comprised of mostly men (terrible stereotype, sorry) but I am pleasantly surprised to see quite a few women. How did you get interested in IM? Has it worked for you? Do you ever feel that IM is "man's world?" Just curious.
    I got interested in IM because I started as a freelance writer, then moved into having my own biz.

    It's worked very well for me! I love it!

    It does seem like there are mostly guys in IM. That doesn't bother me - I'm used to being the only/first woman where I worked in the "real world," so I feel right at home.
    Signature
    "Fate protects fools, little children, and ships called Enterprise." ~Commander Riker
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6278094].message }}
  • After reading the title of this thread...I was expecting a Calender
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6278119].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author ShayB
      Originally Posted by Michael Silvester View Post

      After reading the title of this thread...I was expecting a Calender
      I may put one together. Hm.

      *ponders this*

      Edited to add - I AM going to put one together.

      Ladies - if interested, PM me. No smut planned - headshot, some info, a website, etc. as a promo piece
      Signature
      "Fate protects fools, little children, and ships called Enterprise." ~Commander Riker
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6278121].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author WriterWahm
    I'm with Shay there. I started with freelance writing and knew I didn't want to spend all my days chained to the computer for peanuts. So I moved into creating my own products and affiliate marketing. Now I just spend most days chained to my computer, just not for peanuts .
    Signature

    PM me if you want a romantic fiction ghostwriter.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6278128].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author R Hagel
    Originally Posted by little grey View Post

    . How did you get interested in IM?
    I'm a gold digger, so I was hoping to meet a rich husband here.

    Nah, just kidding.

    I got into IM so I would have enough money to buy as many purses and shoes as possible.



    Becky


    p.s. Little grey, just how many shades of grey are you?



    ^^ ^^
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6278953].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Alexa Smith
    Banned
    Originally Posted by R Hagel View Post

    I got into IM so I would have enough money to buy as many purses and shoes as possible.
    No problem there, regarding the purses. I have dibs on most of the shoes (above a certain height).

    Originally Posted by little grey View Post

    How did you get interested in IM?
    I started as an article-writer, having previously done some offline writing and editing for people through a university, and been asked (offline) to do articles for "article marketing" online. Which brought me online to see what people were doing with the articles I was writing for them, and how they were making money from them.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6278997].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author myob
      But, as alluded to in some posts here, what is more important for men in IM to realize is that the vast majority of buying decisions are made by women. As this demographic rises in the age groups (50+) they make up to 95 percent of the buying decisions for their households, especially for the big ticket purchases. Women control a net worth of $19 trillion and own more than three-fourths of the financial wealth in the US.

      MARKETING TO WOMEN QUICK FACTS
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6279916].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author little grey
        Originally Posted by myob View Post

        But, as alluded to in some posts here, what is more important for men in IM to realize is that the vast majority of buying decisions are made by women. As this demographic rises in the age groups (50+) they make up to 95 percent of the buying decisions for their households, especially for the big ticket purchases. Women control a net worth of $19 trillion and own more than three-fourths of the financial wealth in the US.

        This is so true and so smart.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6279967].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author BIG Mike
    Banned
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6279973].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Blase
      Going along with Big Mike's flow.


      Based on my business experience and

      manging 45 women in my past.


      I also think women are much better at

      multi-tasking than men.


      Which probably gives them an edge

      in running some form of IM biz.


      BTW, I have come across some great women on

      this forum over the last 10 years.



      They are just not as visible because they can focus

      and we are here responding to questions instead of working.
      Signature
      "Nothing Happens Until Something Is Sold"
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6280060].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Colin Palfrey
    I can't see it makes the slightest difference what someone's underwear contains while I'm talking business.

    If their gender, age or clothing is distracting in you in anyway, you are thinking with the wrong head.

    Internet marketing is not in anyway shape or form a male dominated business, as that implies this is done on purpose in some form. It is just the fact that more men are interested in internet marketing, so more men are successful at it. In just the same as if 50 people enter a race from team A, 3 enter from team B, you will see more from team A at the front of the race. It doesn't mean they are any better or worse, just that more of them entered the race.
    Signature

    I write articles and eBooks - PM me for details!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6280186].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Joseph Robinson
      Banned
      Originally Posted by Colin Palfrey View Post

      I can't see it makes the slightest difference what someone's underwear contains while I'm talking business.
      I can. If their underwear contains something that should have been in the toilet I'm going to immediately rethink doing business with them .
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6280201].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Rose Anderson
        Originally Posted by Joe Robinson View Post

        I can. If their underwear contains something that should have been in the toilet I'm going to immediately rethink doing business with them .
        This is the joy of doing business on the internet as opposed to being in the same room.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6280207].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author PhilippaWrites
    I was pleasantly surprised when I joined WF at how many women there are here. In many other IM arenas online, you'd be forgiven for thinking we were incredibly rare creatures!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6281319].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Challendge
    I've made a small fortune on Elance.com and the majority of the freelancers on the site are women! This industry is fair game for everyone and it's a beautiful thing
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6281368].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author webcheapservices
    from my experience womens are verry low in the internet marketing filed,i dont know the reason but internet marketing looks full of mens and thats make it bad lol
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6281392].message }}

Trending Topics