Starting my own business, finally!

15 replies
So it's been a week since i quit my job and i am still stuck.
I feel so confused yet at the same time positive of myself, knowing that i am making the right move, which is starting my own business.

Anyways... i pulled out all my funds out and i am finally making things happen, yet some how i always question myself of how good i am and if i am good enough, maybe i was ment to work for others.. it's all just too confusing...

I started building my own website and doing the graphics, hope it will pay off, i can't wait to begin this adventure!

Gotta keep it strong... the story of another life...my life...
#business #finally #starting
  • Profile picture of the author brunom
    Go for it and don't give up! A lot of hard work ahead, but it'll pay off!
    Signature
    1500 Backlinks For Youtube Videos

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6279051].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author funkynassau
    It's normal to second guess yourself, and it' a good thing too, you really do want to be sure you are doing the right things. You believe you are but you arent quite convinced. So forge ahead, start your new biz, give it all you've got and see how it goes. You may well surprise yourself.

    We were scared sh*tless when we started our own biz, not online, but 17+ years later, it's doing very well, and there's no fear anymore. Now we have an online biz that's over 2 yrs old and it's chugging along. We'd have starved if it was our only source of income, but it is getting better all the time.

    Good luck!
    Signature

    ChipFixx custom mixed auto touchup paint kits.
    http://www.chipfixx.ca

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6279099].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Ryan Donrew
      Originally Posted by AustinTPL View Post

      If you don't have any income coming in currently from your online stuff I would HIGHLY suggest you create and/or arbitrage some kind of service. A website is going to take awhile to mature, and unless you can run paid traffic or sell a service to give you that cussion it's going to be tough kicking off.
      I am going to provide a service through my website, graphic design, UI, logos etc...

      I dont have any income coming my way at the moment which creates a huge fear for me, since i am on a working visa, plus i pulled out my investments so i could buy the equipment needed to start my own design firm.

      Originally Posted by bilkat19 View Post

      Right on!!!! This is a great place to be. Enjoy the ride. It will not always be rainbows and sunshine, but it sure is a great business.
      Thanks alot! gotta keep fighting

      Originally Posted by funkynassau View Post

      It's normal to second guess yourself, and it' a good thing too, you really do want to be sure you are doing the right things. You believe you are but you arent quite convinced. So forge ahead, start your new biz, give it all you've got and see how it goes. You may well surprise yourself.

      We were scared sh*tless when we started our own biz, not online, but 17+ years later, it's doing very well, and there's no fear anymore. Now we have an online biz that's over 2 yrs old and it's chugging along. We'd have starved if it was our only source of income, but it is getting better all the time.

      Good luck!
      Them words made me feel better, that's for sure! i gotta program my mind in a certain way so i wont lose it! I wish i could stay in that state of mind for ever!!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6279172].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author AustinDigital
        Originally Posted by Ryan Donrew View Post

        I am going to provide a service through my website, graphic design, UI, logos etc...

        I dont have any income coming my way at the moment which creates a huge fear for me, since i am on a working visa, plus i pulled out my investments so i could buy the equipment needed to start my own design firm.



        Thanks alot! gotta keep fighting



        Them words made me feel better, that's for sure! i gotta program my mind in a certain way so i wont lose it! I wish i could stay in that state of mind for ever!!
        Don't be afraid to outsource instead of buying all the equipment in the beginning. You need to test the market and jumping into a ton of costs is not a good decision at all.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6279192].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Ryan Donrew
          Originally Posted by AustinTPL View Post

          Don't be afraid to outsource instead of buying all the equipment in the beginning. You need to test the market and jumping into a ton of costs is not a good decision at all.
          I will outsrouce eventually, for starters i need to get me the proper gear, this where most of my funds go at the moment, so i could start working.
          I Ordered today 3 monitors and went to buy a wacom tablet so i can get top notch results
          I got me the Wacom Cintiq 24hd, i am trying to plug it in as we speak.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6279245].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author AustinDigital
            Originally Posted by Ryan Donrew View Post

            I will outsrouce eventually, for starters i need to get me the proper gear, this where most of my funds go at the moment, so i could start working.
            I Ordered today 3 monitors and went to buy a wacom tablet so i can get top notch results
            I got me the Wacom Cintiq 24hd, i am trying to plug it in as we speak.
            I would have done it in the exact opposite order. Do you even have a client or a warm lead yet? Have your clients pay for your equipment, meaning that in order for YOU to buy the equipment make YOU get X Sales. If you think of it like that you're not shelling out the money for your equipment, your client is.

            That's why I'd suggest going about it the opposite way, but that's just me. I see too many times where people go register entities, get all this stuff, and go nowhere. And the above paragraph prevents you from being that person.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6279318].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author AustinDigital
    If you don't have any income coming in currently from your online stuff I would HIGHLY suggest you create and/or arbitrage some kind of service. A website is going to take awhile to mature, and unless you can run paid traffic or sell a service to give you that cussion it's going to be tough kicking off.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6279119].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author JaynKeth
      Originally Posted by AustinTPL View Post

      If you don't have any income coming in currently from your online stuff I would HIGHLY suggest you create and/or arbitrage some kind of service. A website is going to take awhile to mature, and unless you can run paid traffic or sell a service to give you that cussion it's going to be tough kicking off.
      I have to agree with Austin. I quit my job (technically it was a laid off due to shut down), and I did not want to find a new job. So I started IM business without an income, it was really hard in the beginning as the website did take a while to have traffic kicks in. So, I started offline web design business which it is currently getting me some extra income while working on getting more traffic to my website. Good luck and do not give up!
      Signature
      Stay consistent and FOCUS!
      This is the best system to succeed in internet marketing.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6279149].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Bill Hugall
    Right on!!!! This is a great place to be. Enjoy the ride. It will not always be rainbows and sunshine, but it sure is a great business.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6279146].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Matt Duggan
    What you're feeling in your original post is totally normal.

    Here's the thing:

    If you can control your mind to turn those thoughts around, then you'll be far more successful. For example, where you doubt yourself, you can look instead at your strengths and see what value you have that you can provide to others.

    There's no need for all the equipment. You need a laptop and an internet connection. Create a business first, before splashing out on tons of screens, etc.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6279311].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author WebHustle101
      Banned
      [DELETED]
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6279328].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Ryan Donrew
        Originally Posted by WebHustle101 View Post

        I am also trying to start my own Graphic Design/ Web Design Business but i don't know where to start exactly. Sometimes i also feel like my skills arn't good enough but thats whats totorials are for lol. Keep it up lol
        Good luck buddy! if you up for chatting i am on skype
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6279391].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author roj
          Hi Ryan,

          Its a great business to be in but it will take a while to build up.
          Keep at it and when you get stuck ask for help.

          Good luck
          Signature

          Roger Weavers
          SEO Specialist & Affiliate Marketer
          Another $1,000 Day

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6279991].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Ryan Donrew
            Originally Posted by roj View Post

            Hi Ryan,

            Its a great business to be in but it will take a while to build up.
            Keep at it and when you get stuck ask for help.

            Good luck
            Thanks alot for your support just tried my new wacom tablet i got real hyped and started making some logos! i can't stop! lol






            Originally Posted by Matt Duggan View Post

            What you're feeling in your original post is totally normal.

            Here's the thing:

            If you can control your mind to turn those thoughts around, then you'll be far more successful. For example, where you doubt yourself, you can look instead at your strengths and see what value you have that you can provide to others.

            There's no need for all the equipment. You need a laptop and an internet connection. Create a business first, before splashing out on tons of screens, etc.
            Originally Posted by AustinTPL View Post

            I would have done it in the exact opposite order. Do you even have a client or a warm lead yet? Have your clients pay for your equipment, meaning that in order for YOU to buy the equipment make YOU get X Sales. If you think of it like that you're not shelling out the money for your equipment, your client is.

            That's why I'd suggest going about it the opposite way, but that's just me. I see too many times where people go register entities, get all this stuff, and go nowhere. And the above paragraph prevents you from being that person.

            Oh wow, sorry guys i missed both of your posts, some how i didn't even see them.

            It is essential for me to buy the equipment first so i can provide the highest quality when i design, yea sure i can work with my laptop and mouse but it will never be the same as studio equipment.
            Multiple monitors were bought so i could see the design in various variations and control my work space with ease.
            I will also provide website development (on a smaller scale) so i bought an extra monitor for coding, thus 3 monitors.

            I do get what your saying though, it was a move that makes me lightly question my self yet i relax my self because i assure my self that it was an investment, not essential, but still.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6280223].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author schttrj
    Originally Posted by Ryan Donrew View Post

    So it's been a week since i quit my job and i am still stuck in israel (i used to work at a start up company in israel as UI Designer).
    I got a call from 2 other companies that the company i worked for used to outsource to, they offered me a job, i have no clue why but i told them that i'd get back to them on that. I feel so confused yet at the same time positive of myself, knowing that i am making the right move, which is starting my own business.

    Anyways... i pulled out all my funds out and i am finally making things happen, yet some how i always question myself of how good i am and if i am good enough, maybe i was ment to work for others.. it's all just too confusing...

    I started building my own website and doing the graphics, hope it will pay off, i can't wait to begin this adventure!

    Gotta keep it strong... the story of another life...my life...
    The only advice I can give you (although you will find much more experienced and qualified people here), is to STICK AROUND!

    Don't leave your niche that fast and easy.

    Don't go for the next better solution right away.

    Don't tell yourself, you are not there yet.

    You are here and right now, give it your best. Patience pays off, my friend! I know that from my own personal experience.

    Best of luck!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6280439].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Ryan Donrew
      Originally Posted by schttrj View Post

      The only advice I can give you (although you will find much more experienced and qualified people here), is to STICK AROUND!

      Don't leave your niche that fast and easy.

      Don't go for the next better solution right away.

      Don't tell yourself, you are not there yet.

      You are here and right now, give it your best. Patience pays off, my friend! I know that from my own personal experience.

      Best of luck!

      Thanks Ron! appreciate your comment, i will stick like a glue for this long ride!

      I made you a new logo
      Enjoy!

      The logo is all vector! you can resize without losing quality!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6280647].message }}

Trending Topics