(and only one of them costs any money - yay!)
5) Good ol' adswaps (and other cross-promotion)... find a JV and cross-promote with adswaps, banner-swaps, thankyou page offers... This is such an effective way of doubling up on traffic :-) Oh, don't over do the adswaps though... I learnt that one the HARD way :-O
4) Get your gift into other people's sales funnels. Offer it as a bonus to as many jv partners as you can find and let them know they can add it to their download page as a special gift to their buyers... obviously they have to sign up to get the gift... so you get subs :-) This is a win - win - win... The buyers get an extra bonus gift, the JV gets to appear better in the eyes of his subs as he is giving them more than they asked for, and you get more subs! WOO- HOO
3) Hold a VIP / Private Giveaway. I have NO IDEA why these aren't more popular. Probably the easiest way ever of growing a list - you don't even need a gift to give away! Just find 4 or 5 list owners to each agree to send a fixed number of clicks to your VIP giveaway, and sit back and let the subs come rolling in :-) They're all happy as they typically get a 125% - 150% return on their clicks, and you're super happy cos you get subs for very little work :-) Please note I DO NOT recommend that beginners attempt a traditional style "JV Giveaway" event... the scripts are very expensive and the work load is far too much for a newbie... but these mini ones are perfect!
2) Solo ads. The only method in the 5 that will cost you any money, but it's still one of my faves because it is SO GOSH DARN EASY! You literally pay someone money (after going through a few checks with them to ensure they are legit) and they send you prospects. What could be more beautifully simple than that? Top tips to maximise the solo ad - have a low-price but high - value offer on the thankyou page after the prospects sigh up to immediately reclaim some of the cost of the solo. On a good day, this can actually pay for itself straight away. Other tip is to have an exit pop offering a different free gift to capture some of the people trying to leave the page without signing up. Prob best to only stop them once though! 15 exit pops in a row gets kind of annoying :-S
1) Create a product, pay affilliates 100% commission to promote it. Work really hard to get the EPCs (earnings per click) nice and juicy and you wont be able to stop the affiliates sending you more and more traffic. Work in a few upsells and some high-ticket items into the follow up sequence to make more money for yourself and your affs. This is my FAVOURITE method as it builds a list of people that have bought from you once... and are therefore more likely to buy from you again (as long as they had a good experience, of course). Oh, you can also use an exit pop here too to capture a few more leads :-)
Now you have a nice juicy subscriber list... build an awesome relationship with them by... SHOCK HORROR.... treating your subscribers like PEOPLE and not numbers or "clicks"... then, when you mail them promotional offers of stuff that will GENUINELY help them (ie no crap) then they will accept your word as a trusted authority and BUY LOADS.
Then you get to buy more solo ads and do more for your subs, then they buy more from you. It's a whole "wheel of karma", "circle of virtue", "abundance" thang.
Peace and Key Lime Pie (now go grow that list :-))