Big Day, Big Decision, I resigned from my job for IM

82 replies
I made a very big decision today. I resigned from my bank job to get more time for IM. According to my contract I still have to work for further 3 months.

I studied hard when I was in university and now it pains me a bit that after going through all hardships in Uni, I am leaving a job for which I studied hard and had lots of ambitions for years.

I have put all my dating sites on Auto Pilot but I still need to give them 10 hours per week to keep the existing rankings and also to improve the rankings further to get better results. We all know that there is no permanent Auto Pilot; the so called auto pilot sites still need your attention. If I leave my sites as they are, they will lose rankings. However it wasn't a problem for me, I could easily work 10 hours per week on my existing sites, and it would not only maintain the ranking but would also see improvements.

But one thing was always knocking my mind and that was if I can earn what I am earning on internet from just 10 hours a week, what would I earn if I would work 40 hours per week in IM. I could make 4 times more than what I am earning now and that goal made me resigned today.

I am looking forward to work full time on my sites and also to launch new dating sites in different niches / location. I hope and wish I will never regret my resignation and one day I will be more proud as a successful Internet Marketer.

Just a simple advice;
Never give up,
Keep yourself inspiring and motivating,
Once you have motivation, nothing can stop you from earning on internet.

Advice for New Marketers;
I started in IM less than 2 years ago; I can't tell you how successful I count myself as Internet Marketer, My advice for you guys is to learn, learn, learn and implement what you learn on your sites.


Wishing Good Luck to all warriors.
#big #day #decision #job #resigned
  • {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6293560].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author sarah23
    Hello Mehtab,

    Thanks, you have inspired me in a big way, it has never crossed my mind and I never believed that internet marketing can be a huge success for individual until you sat me down and showed me your sites and income. You have made a good decision by resigning from work to concentrate on and give your sites quality time. Your story and income through internet fired my inspiration up and made me believe, I too can make it through. I believe sky would be my limit if I follow your tips. You are one in a million, You are best colleague and inspirer.
    Good News; Another member upgraded on my site, yes £37 today, A big Thanks to you. Please always keep in touch. See you in work tomorrow.
    Signature
    "Gathering correct information and taking actions will boom your business.
    Never be afraid of failures and success will follow you"

    By My Unsung Guru and Mentor
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6293641].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author datingworld
      Originally Posted by sarah23 View Post

      Hello Mehtab,

      Thanks, you have inspired me in a big way, it has never crossed my mind and I never believed that internet marketing can be a huge success for individual until you sat me down and showed me your sites and income. You have made a good decision by resigning from work to concentrate on and give your sites quality time. Your story and income through internet fired my inspiration up and made me believe, I too can make it through. I believe sky would be my limit if I follow your tips. You are one in a million, You are best colleague and inspirer.
      Good News; Another member upgraded on my site, yes £37 today, A big Thanks to you. Please always keep in touch. See you in work tomorrow.
      Congratulations Sarah, there are thousands of Upgrades on the way, keep working on your site and follow my tips. I will be travelling back to my home country and also staying in Dubai but will still spend some time in London every year, so will be meeting you.

      I am sure, this time next year, you will be very successful in what you are doing now. I bet, you won't need 9 - 5 job by then.

      Good luck Sarah, all the best for you.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6293856].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author sarah23
        Originally Posted by datingworld View Post

        Congratulations Sarah, there are thousands of Upgrades on the way, keep working on your site and follow my tips. I will be travelling back to my home country and also staying in Dubai but will still spend some time in London every year, so will be meeting you.

        I am sure, this time next year, you will be very successful in what you are doing now. I bet, you won't need 9 - 5 job by then.

        Good luck Sarah, all the best for you.
        Thanks Mehtab for believing on me. I am looking forward to it. Thanks again.
        Signature
        "Gathering correct information and taking actions will boom your business.
        Never be afraid of failures and success will follow you"

        By My Unsung Guru and Mentor
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6320267].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Nick Copy
    Just a simple advice;
    Never give up,
    Keep yourself inspiring and motivating,
    Once you have motivation, nothing can stop you from earning on internet.
    Excellent advice. I trust that you made a great decision and wish you the best of luck at success. The opportunities are endless so go make your mark and grow those sites!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6293657].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author fenixpro
    Awesome.

    I went full time around a year ago, although I kinda was full time before that but my 'job' was selling SEO services to local businesses (my own business).

    I have to say that going full time is a big deal and transition. Very cool and congratulations to you for taking the leap and doing it.

    One of the biggest adjustments for me was really getting used to properly using my time and resources. Having a structure to go by at a regular job may suck in a lot of ways, but I definitely took for granted how it kept me focused and organized.

    Creating and following all of my own systems and structures to keep my self and my business accountable and growing took about 6 months to really stabilize.

    I tend to think that most of my IM success and that of a lot of others really comes down to the person and their drive, focus, and the action they take. Yes, the methods are important, but if the driver sucks, the car can only go so far.
    Signature

    You Are Not Your Thoughts
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6293876].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author rmolina88
    Congrats! I'm not quite there yet, but I'm getting closer each day.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6293892].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Shaun Tango
      Congrats, sounds good! You may want to look into paid advertising though, if you're relying purely on rankings (Not sure you are?) what would happen if they go during Google's next update?

      Congrats once again though, I quit my job a while back so I know it's a great feeling.
      Signature

      Fed up with being hit by Panda and Penguin? Then you need this free ebook.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6293932].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author datingworld
        Originally Posted by Shaun Tango View Post

        Congrats, sounds good! You may want to look into paid advertising though, if you're relying purely on rankings (Not sure you are?) what would happen if they go during Google's next update?

        Congrats once again though, I quit my job a while back so I know it's a great feeling.
        I am sure my rankings will never go with any Google updates as I have ranked them in a way that is liked by Google. I always use white hat seo. I don't force search engines to rank my sites but optimise them in a natural way and they start climbing stairs themselves to the top.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6294018].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Richard Van
          Originally Posted by datingworld View Post

          I am sure my rankings will never go with any Google updates as I have ranked them in a way that is liked by Google. I always use white hat seo. I don't force search engines to rank my sites but optimise them in a natural way and they start climbing stairs themselves to the top.
          Forgive me and I do think you're doing very well and this isn't criticism.

          You're entire business is dependent on the fact that you're "sure" your rankings will never go away - respectfully, that isn't good enough. You have ranked them in a way Google likes today. Google's algorithms and filters are not flawless and there is always collateral damage with any change.

          My point is I have a number of sites and I use a number of different ways to get traffic. Most of those ways I have a lot of control over, especially with paid advertising and syndication where I've built good relationships with site owners.

          I split my business earnings into two parts.

          Controlled assets - Things I control and can virtually gaurantee next month will be the same. (Such as tested paid traffic sources)

          Uncontrolled assets - All things I have very little control over and this includes rankings. I may know what Google likes today but tomorrow I may not.

          The amount of stories I've read here, with marketers I know who are very good who have lost sites and rankings due to the penguin update is frightening. I'm sorry but being "sure" isn't enough and you really ought to consider finding other sources of traffic because it would be a damn shame for you if one day it turns out you were sure but you were wrong.

          Sorry if that sounds negative, it's meant to help you and well done, I admire the decision you've made.
          Signature

          Wibble, bark, my old man's a mushroom etc...

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6325521].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author datingworld
            Originally Posted by Richard Van View Post

            Forgive me and I do think you're doing very well and this isn't criticism.

            You're entire business is dependent on the fact that you're "sure" your rankings will never go away - respectfully, that isn't good enough. You have ranked them in a way Google likes today. Gogle's algorithms and filters are not flawless and there is always collateral damage with any change.

            My point is I have a number of sites and I use a number of different ways to get traffic. Most of those ways I have a lot of control over, especially with paid advertising and syndication where I've built good relationships with site owners.

            I split my business earnings into three parts.

            Controlled assets - Things I control and can virtually gaurantee next month will be the same. (Such as tested paid traffic sources)

            Uncontrolled assets - All things I have very little control over and this includes rankings. I may know what Google likes today but tomorrow I may not.

            The amount of stories I've read here, with marketers I know who are very good who have lost sites and rankings due to the penguin update is frightening. I'm sorry but being "sure" isn't enough and you really ought to consider finding other sources of traffic because it would be a damn shame for you if one day it turns out you were sure but you were wrong.

            Sorry if that sounds negative, it's meant to help you and well done, I admire the decision you've made.
            Thanks Richard for your advice, I am taking your advice positively and as a guidance. I totally agree rankings cannot be trusted forever.
            What I meant in my previous post was that at least my rankings are safe with penguin updates and I always make sure to make myself aware with what will make Google happy.

            Trust me, I am considering to use paid advertisement to boost my profit. I haven't been using paid advertisement before, so I am looking at different options on what and which one to use. I am trying to learn paid advertisement as how it works and how profitable it can be. Even though I am making serious money but all that profit is from uncontrolled sources [As you mentioned] such as Google, You Tube, Face Book Pages, Yahoo Answers

            Planning of paid advertisement and any other types of techniques to boost my profit was part of my resignation, so that I would get much free time to learn more about them and also to use them myself and get experience in it.

            I hope I will be able to learn more about paid advertisement and also about other some stuffs [I am sure I am missing lots of promotional methods]

            Thanks Again Richard.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6325648].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author Richard Van
              My pleasure and I'm glad I managed to get that across in a way that wasn't offensive, it's easy to misinterpret words in print.

              Just to reiterate I think you're doing brilliantly and I wasn't trying to discourage you, quite the opposite in fact.

              Well done, keep it up.
              Signature

              Wibble, bark, my old man's a mushroom etc...

              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6325675].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author datingworld
                Originally Posted by Richard Van View Post

                My pleasure and I'm glad I managed to get that across in a way that wasn't offensive, it's easy to misinterpret words in print.

                Just to reiterate I think you're doing brilliantly and I wasn't trying to discourage you, quite the opposite in fact.

                Well done, keep it up.
                Thanks Richard, Just registered with Google Adwords to learn how it works.

                Cheers
                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6329826].message }}
                • Profile picture of the author Richard Van
                  Originally Posted by datingworld View Post

                  Thanks Richard, Just registered with Google Adwords to learn how it works.

                  Cheers
                  I'd also look at FB, solo ads and any other paid advertising not to mention as many forms of traffic as you can find. I'd also be trying to syndicate articles onto some of the sites in your niche. Plenty of good information on that here.

                  Adwords is easy enough to figure out and use but there's quite a steep learning curve to using it so it's as profitable as it could be.

                  Perry Marshall has some good and affordable training are there are a lot of people here making a good living off Adwords alone so it would be worth following them for a few weeks to pick up anything you can. All I'm trying to say is, don't just set something up, have a good look and figure it out. It's a jolly good way to lose money as well and I certainly did when I started. Have a good look in the Adsense and PPC part of the forum.

                  Just take it slowly, spend what you can afford and learn as much as you can, there's quite a psychology to it.

                  Well done again though and credit where it's due, you've got your head screwed on better than most people.

                  Like I said, just have a good look at other ways to get traffic other than Googles natural traffic.
                  Signature

                  Wibble, bark, my old man's a mushroom etc...

                  {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6329907].message }}
  • {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6294000].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ueon
    wow, best of luck in your endeavors
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6294066].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Hackbridge
    I wish you all the very best with going full time, it's obviously something you have thought about long and hard.

    Clearly, you have all the qualities to be able to make the decision, and with 3 months left in your job, you can put something aside to help (not that there will be lean days) but it's good that you also have goals in place, and you know what you are doing.

    It's massively unheard of in the UK for someone to quit a full time job to work online in the way you are. People must be stunned literally that you can leave what they consider a 'safe' job working for someone else, to become your own Boss. I applaud you.

    As I said, wishing you all the very best with what you do.

    Brian
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6294106].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author phil.wheatley
    The very best of luck to you. As mentioned by others in this thread, make sure you look at other avenues of getting traffic, it is a horrible feeling to get up one day and wonder why your stats have gone to zero over night...I know, as it happened to me once, that was the last day I worried about how to rank in Google.

    Anyway, well done for taking the plunge, these days, you probably have more security with an online venture than you do with a J.O.B (just over broke).

    Good luck and may the force be with you.

    Phil
    Signature



    It's still not working for you??? Need direction?...
    ---->>>> BrainDirection.com <<<<----
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6294146].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Justin Says
    Originally Posted by datingworld View Post

    But one thing was always knocking my mind and that was if I can earn what I am earning on internet from just 10 hours a week, what would I earn if I would work 40 hours per week in IM. I could make 4 times more than what I am earning now and that goal made me resigned today.
    I don't want to burst your bubble, but I do want to give you a sense of reality

    It's not about the amount of time you are given to work on something. It's about the amount of effort and action you put into that time.

    I used to work for 12 hours straight on my business every single day.

    Come to find out, I can do the same thing I did in 12 hours in about 2 hours.

    If you can knock out goals and tasks quickly and keep yourself motivated, you'll be given the opportunity to not only build a business online and make great money, but you'll also be given the ability to live your life.

    Thought: Take 2 people, give one person 5 minutes a day and the other person 1 hour a day, give them the same task. The person with only 5 minutes is going to push as hard as he can each minute, whilst the other person may just sit back and take it slow.
    Signature

    My name is Justin Lewis, with Business Optimizer I've been in business for 6 years online with multiple six figure years, here are the tools that have helped me the most: Increase your reviews with this free Review Handout

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6294151].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author datingworld
      Originally Posted by Justin Lewis View Post

      I don't want to burst your bubble, but I do want to give you a sense of reality

      It's not about the amount of time you are given to work on something. It's about the amount of effort and action you put into that time.

      I used to work for 12 hours straight on my business every single day.

      Come to find out, I can do the same thing I did in 12 hours in about 2 hours.

      If you can knock out goals and tasks quickly and keep yourself motivated, you'll be given the opportunity to not only build a business online and make great money, but you'll also be given the ability to live your life.

      Thought: Take 2 people, give one person 5 minutes a day and the other person 1 hour a day, give them the same task. The person with only 5 minutes is going to push as hard as he can each minute, whilst the other person may just sit back and take it slow.
      Hello Justin, I totally agree with you. Effort means a lot than time.
      But what I meant was that when ever I work I put all efforts into that time but didn't have much time. I believe there is lots of more effort I can put to promote my site but because of lack of time, I find it difficult.
      Now I have time, I will be putting more efforts and I hope it will work well for me.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6299215].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Justin Says
        Originally Posted by datingworld View Post

        Hello Justin, I totally agree with you. Effort means a lot than time.
        But what I meant was that when ever I work I put all efforts into that time but didn't have much time. I believe there is lots of more effort I can put to promote my site but because of lack of time, I find it difficult.
        Now I have time, I will be putting more efforts and I hope it will work well for me.
        Just remember, once you get out of the job, just because you have more time doesn't mean you'll put more effort into it.

        Try to work yourself up to focusing for a hard 2 hours each day. If you do that you'll probably do more than the 12 hours of effort you would have thought you put into it.

        Just try it out.

        If you can push harder and keep going with that same momentum, then go for it.
        Signature

        My name is Justin Lewis, with Business Optimizer I've been in business for 6 years online with multiple six figure years, here are the tools that have helped me the most: Increase your reviews with this free Review Handout

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6299819].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Maui Mike
    Congrats and goodluck on your quest!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6294179].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mjb13815
    Congratulations. Big step, but it's awesome you did that. I'm sure you'll be very successful.

    Good Luck
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6299427].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Seatbelt99
    Congratulations! Great job! I love seeing posts like this, it keeps me (and many other's I'm sure) very motivated.

    I wish you huge success!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6299466].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author khanhkunt
    A turning point for your career. I believe you will succeed. And thank you for inspiring me, we are experts internet marketing!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6299469].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author snow99
    cool, I share same story as datingworld graduate from uni and still stuck with my daily work and by resign now what i can say is very bold decision to make.
    Signature
    How I earned my first $1000 in 7 days
    Click here to Access my Free Proven Strategies
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6299483].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Rod Cortez
    Originally Posted by datingworld View Post

    I made a very big decision today. I resigned from my bank job to get more time for IM. According to my contract I still have to work for further 3 months.

    I studied hard when I was in university and now it pains me a bit that after going through all hardships in Uni, I am leaving a job for which I studied hard and had lots of ambitions for years.

    I have put all my dating sites on Auto Pilot but I still need to give them 10 hours per week to keep the existing rankings and also to improve the rankings further to get better results. We all know that there is no permanent Auto Pilot; the so called auto pilot sites still need your attention. If I leave my sites as they are, they will lose rankings. However it wasn't a problem for me, I could easily work 10 hours per week on my existing sites, and it would not only maintain the ranking but would also see improvements.

    But one thing was always knocking my mind and that was if I can earn what I am earning on internet from just 10 hours a week, what would I earn if I would work 40 hours per week in IM. I could make 4 times more than what I am earning now and that goal made me resigned today.

    I am looking forward to work full time on my sites and also to launch new dating sites in different niches / location. I hope and wish I will never regret my resignation and one day I will be more proud as a successful Internet Marketer.

    Just a simple advice;
    Never give up,
    Keep yourself inspiring and motivating,
    Once you have motivation, nothing can stop you from earning on internet.

    Advice for New Marketers;
    I started in IM less than 2 years ago; I can't tell you how successful I count myself as Internet Marketer, My advice for you guys is to learn, learn, learn and implement what you learn on your sites.


    Wishing Good Luck to all warriors.
    Good luck. Though I do have a question for you: do you have at least 12 months of living expenses saved up in an emergency fund or enough cash flow from your business to cover them?

    RoD
    Signature
    "Your personal philosophy is the greatest determining factor in how your life works out."
    - Jim Rohn
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6300079].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author datingworld
      Originally Posted by Rod Cortez View Post

      Good luck. Though I do have a question for you: do you have at least 12 months of living expenses saved up in an emergency fund or enough cash flow from your business to cover them?

      RoD
      Thanks God, I still earn a net profit of more than 3 times of my monthly salary from my sites every month. so that is not a problem at all.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6300310].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Rod Cortez
        Originally Posted by datingworld View Post

        Thanks God, I still earn a net profit of more than 3 times of my monthly salary from my sites every month. so that is not a problem at all.
        Excellent, hopefully you still have an emergency fund though, it's always good to have a buffer.

        RoD
        Signature
        "Your personal philosophy is the greatest determining factor in how your life works out."
        - Jim Rohn
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6300683].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Green Moon
        Originally Posted by datingworld View Post

        Thanks God, I still earn a net profit of more than 3 times of my monthly salary from my sites every month. so that is not a problem at all.
        That's great! My only question is why you didn't make the switch sooner.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6300725].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author datingworld
          Originally Posted by Green Moon View Post

          That's great! My only question is why you didn't make the switch sooner.
          I could have resigned earlier if it was only money matter but I loved my job and had lots of ambitions for it since teenage. All of sudden I entered IM and got success. Even though after getting success and good income from IM, I was reluctant to leave my bank job or not But then again for better future prospects in IM I sacrificed my bank job.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6305775].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author OmarNegron
    Thanks a bunch my friend!

    Goodluck on your journey!

    -Omar
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6300156].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author luckystepho
    All the very best, let us know how you get on!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6300352].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ultimuw45
    Re: Big day, Big Decision, I resigned my job for IM

    Good inspiration for other struggling IMers. Wishing you a very fruitful IM journey.

    ultimuw45
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6300360].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Elizabeth Fee
    That is a very big decision, and one in which I think many are striving for. It is great to read about these progressions because it proves that Internet Marketing is a very real and very valid opportunity to make. Much luck to you in your continued success - and may it grow bigger!

    Congrats.
    Signature

    Elizabeth Fee
    The Niche Mom - My personal blog to inspire and guide you towards earning an income online.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6300409].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ThelemaqueTip
    Congratulation for taking that great big step because not everyone could do what you just did..I def think you could make ten times more then what you making right now
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6300422].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author DomainMagnate
    congrats and welcome to the gang!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6300483].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author vivi62
    you are very courageous its hard to give up a regular income,I hope you get the success you deserve.
    regards vivi62
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6300734].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Paul Dunstan
    Congratulations and all the best. I am looking forward to that opportunity!
    Signature
    ............................

    UK Psychology Teacher Strikes Back For The Newbies!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6300948].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author clenard77
    Congratulations!

    Now get to work and make it worth the risk!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6301019].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mollymarkiewicz
    Congrats to you fellow IM Marketer, I take my hat off to you!
    I also have a dating site, perhaps we can chat sometime.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6301117].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jim Nariel
    Well done and good luck!

    This has always been my dream as well to give up on the day job and be in total control
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6301128].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author TimGreen1
    Well done for having the balls to resign from your job for IM. And good luck with your sites.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6306274].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Brian Snipes
    Congrats and good luck. I hope to one day be in the same boat.

    I figure that before I quit my "day job", I want to have enough money put away that would equal what I would make if I continued working full-time to retirement. That way, if ever the online career eventually fizzled, I wouldn't really have given anything up, I'd still have the cash that is put away.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6306355].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author kaligula
    oh boy good luck with that bro...

    and keeps us in touch about your success, that might inspired others..

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6306368].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Haroon Ballim
      Thats great . Many people believe Internet Marketing should be push a button and hey presto , all the works done . You clearly understand otherwise and thats why you have been successful . It takes continous work.

      Well Done
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6306442].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Big Al
    Well done and congratulations...

    I studied hard when I was in university and now it pains me a bit that after going through all hardships in Uni, I am leaving a job for which I studied hard and had lots of ambitions for years.
    Don't worry about that bit. Who knows... if you never did all of that you may never be where you are today. Onwards and upwards.

    Good luck!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6306904].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author cashp0wer
      Congratulation Sarah. I can just imagine how hard that decision was to make. Now that you have made it go on and grow those websites and continue to be a success. You have given some great advice in your post.
      Signature
      My Internet Marketing Blog - Warts And All!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6306938].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author datingworld
      Originally Posted by Big Al View Post

      Well done and congratulations...



      Don't worry about that bit. Who knows... if you never did all of that you may never be where you are today. Onwards and upwards.

      Good luck!
      Thanks, You are right, I have to forget about that bit and keep myself more focused on promotion of my dating sites and concentrating more on what I am doing now.
      Cheers
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6314854].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ollie1644
    Congratulations! I am hoping I can be able to do the same sometime this year ;-)

    Cheers,
    -Ollie
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6306990].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mrelk159
    Good stuff, now you are the master of your own destiny(kinda cheesy I know); way better than taking sh!t from your boss and your superiors. You and the boss now. =)
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6307599].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Pierce
    Thats awesome! Taking that plunge and committing 100% is a huge step that ultimately gives you a lot more confidence in the long run.

    Good luck!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6314897].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author datingworld
    Thanks to everyone for appreciating and giving me confidence. I feel more confident and inspired now. Thanks warriors.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6324986].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author kc33
    That is freakin inspiring man!...cant wait to do a post like this
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6325010].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author lovebeingdaddy
      Congrats! This is what most people strive for, good for you by taking the plunge and i have a feeling you wont be looking back, you will probably wonder how you could have ever been in the 9 to 5 thing..First day to freedom, good for you, remember to diversify!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6331262].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author quercus5
    Congrats to you! Very inspirational as well. Keep us posted on your progress!!
    Signature

    FREE WSO Ebook: Offline Marketing Vault ($17 Value): Download Here

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6325022].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author BankBen
      focus is the key to success...congratz for your decision....
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6325074].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JKflipflop
    Speaks volumes about your inner determination which will only increase with every day now. Remember always that you did what you had to do and the only person you are answerable to is you - this is the 1 thing I told myself which made me work my rear off in IM. All the best
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6325089].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author FNHPWR11
    Congrats! Gotta like posts like this..
    Signature

    [Amazon] You are leaving money on the table. Learn To Review Products Like A Pro

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6325433].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author cijenterprises
    Congrats to you! Very inspirational thanks for the post needed it.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6325534].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author gister
    What a self determination to move to the next level, that same determination will make you succeed.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6329892].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author datingworld
    Hell Richard Thanks for detailed info.

    I have searched Perry Marshal and will follow him to learn adwords and also I am looking to use facebook and buy ads on classified sites in their personal section. I hope next few months, I will be more better than today.

    Cheers
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6330901].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Richard Van
      Originally Posted by datingworld View Post

      Hell Richard Thanks for detailed info.

      I have searched Perry Marshal and will follow him to learn adwords and also I am looking to use facebook and buy ads on classified sites in their personal section. I hope next few months, I will be more better than today.

      Cheers
      ...and I'm sure you will chap.

      The main thing is, you've got good sites that Google likes that were unaffected by Penguin. That shows you know what you're doing. If you can figure that bit out (and a heck of a lot don't) you'll have no problem figuring out other traffic methods.
      Signature

      Wibble, bark, my old man's a mushroom etc...

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6331157].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Wilco de Kreij
    Great story man! Keep it up
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6331192].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author saj72
    Good luck!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6331255].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Muhsin Aziz
    Congratulations on leaving your job buddy.
    It may feel scary but I believe you can do it!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6331261].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Manjeet Banger
    Congratulations on taking massive action no doubt you'll succeed. Best of luck to you Buddy!
    Signature

    [CENTER]

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6331534].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author sanwacik
    Originally Posted by datingworld View Post

    I made a very big decision today. I resigned from my bank job to get more time for IM. According to my contract I still have to work for further 3 months.

    I studied hard when I was in university and now it pains me a bit that after going through all hardships in Uni, I am leaving a job for which I studied hard and had lots of ambitions for years.

    I have put all my dating sites on Auto Pilot but I still need to give them 10 hours per week to keep the existing rankings and also to improve the rankings further to get better results. We all know that there is no permanent Auto Pilot; the so called auto pilot sites still need your attention. If I leave my sites as they are, they will lose rankings. However it wasn't a problem for me, I could easily work 10 hours per week on my existing sites, and it would not only maintain the ranking but would also see improvements.

    But one thing was always knocking my mind and that was if I can earn what I am earning on internet from just 10 hours a week, what would I earn if I would work 40 hours per week in IM. I could make 4 times more than what I am earning now and that goal made me resigned today.

    I am looking forward to work full time on my sites and also to launch new dating sites in different niches / location. I hope and wish I will never regret my resignation and one day I will be more proud as a successful Internet Marketer.

    Just a simple advice;
    Never give up,
    Keep yourself inspiring and motivating,
    Once you have motivation, nothing can stop you from earning on internet.

    Advice for New Marketers;
    I started in IM less than 2 years ago; I can't tell you how successful I count myself as Internet Marketer, My advice for you guys is to learn, learn, learn and implement what you learn on your sites.


    Wishing Good Luck to all warriors.
    I love inspiring stories with happy endings!

    Congrats on your decision and I wish you nothing but success! Just keep in the back of mind to "Keep it Going".

    Bravo to you!!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6331848].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author MattLee
    Congrats and well done. Learn enough to get going, start one thing and finish it. Fail fast and learn from it.


    Matt
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6332688].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Matt.Lake
    Hey buddy, congrats on taking the leap of faith.

    I don't mean to hijack your thread but I'm actually thinking of starting a dating site of some sort.

    What is the difference between your service (whitelabeldatingprovider.com) and Dating Factory (DatingFactory.com)?

    One appears to be a clone of the other.

    Thanks,

    Matt
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6333680].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author VanessaB
      If you need to learn about paid advertising, I highly recommend PPC Coach's Media Buying Guide. It was a WSO here on WaFo, so search the WSO section for it. It's probably the #1 best investment I ever made in my business.

      Dani
      Signature
      Easily Recruit JV Partners & Affiliates
      with lifetime commissions
      Lead Money Locker
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6333747].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author datingworld
        Originally Posted by DanielleS View Post

        If you need to learn about paid advertising, I highly recommend PPC Coach's Media Buying Guide. It was a WSO here on WaFo, so search the WSO section for it. It's probably the #1 best investment I ever made in my business.

        Dani
        Thanks Dani, I am going to check it in WSO section and I am also going to follow other Gurus in paid advertising.

        Cheers
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6336019].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Tania Edwards
    wow, what a man. I can,t wait to post the same one day on this forum.
    Well Done man. Wish you a great success. I am sure you are very good in what you are doing. Keep it up.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6344535].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author club20coaching
    I'm proud of you sister!! keep looking forward!!
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6344636].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Tania Edwards
    @ Datingworld,

    Can you please PM me as I cannot PM you for some reason. I need to ask something from you please.

    Thanks
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6361645].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Tania Edwards
    @ Dating World,

    Thank You Very Very Much for all help, support, guidance and tips.
    I tried to follow your tips.

    I managed to bring 400 members to my dating site and until this moment 31 members have bought Gold Membership.

    I am flying in the sky, so happy to have my brand of dating site. And also never realized that one can make money easily on internet.

    I will be following your tips and I am sure one day I will become successful like you.

    Once again Many Many and Many Thanks.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6507854].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author datingworld
      Originally Posted by Tania Edwards View Post

      @ Dating World,

      Thank You Very Very Much for all help, support, guidance and tips.
      I tried to follow your tips.

      I managed to bring 400 members to my dating site and until this moment 31 members have bought Gold Membership.

      I am flying in the sky, so happy to have my brand of dating site. And also never realized that one can make money easily on internet.

      I will be following your tips and I am sure one day I will become successful like you.

      Once again Many Many and Many Thanks.
      You are welcome Tania.

      I am happy for you. Keep working on your sites.
      Remember to be focused on what you are you doing. I have full confidence on you, One day you will become very successful.

      Good Luck
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6514796].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Ricky1225
    Goodluck! I think we would all like to know how it works out for you!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6507894].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author banx63
    Amazing post - print it and frame it to draw more inspiration in times of need. Well done!!


    Posted from Warriorforum.com App for Android
    Signature
    Message me about joining our secret Viral Sites Clan on Facebook (not for newbies)
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6514902].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author datingworld
      Originally Posted by banx63 View Post

      Amazing post - print it and frame it to draw more inspiration in times of need. Well done!!


      Posted from Warriorforum.com App for Android
      Thanks, I already have too many inspirations in life to achieve my target.. which seems to be too far now but one day I will get there..
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6520431].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author branko
    Hi datingworld!

    I completely understand you and support you in your decision to become more financial free in your life and fill much satisfied with your situation.

    Keep on buddy!

    There is a difference between interest and commitment.
    When you're interested in doing something, you do it only if it's convenient.
    When you committed to something, you accept no excuses, only results.
    -Kenneth Blanchard-

    Best wishes!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6520560].message }}
  • {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6520599].message }}

Trending Topics