There is a great FREE tool to find affiliates in front of us. Which one? Of course the Google.
Why it is great?
Because you may use it easily and for nothing. And Google's search function helps you to find people to your affiliate demand.
Lets see how this works in the pactice.
- Accessories aspect: In this case you may do a search for items that are related to your offer, but not identical to your offer. They may be applications, devices, products, services, widgets, etc. This way you can contact to many fellow people with and may make a barter with them, not to mention they likely be open to be your affiliate. Advantage: save headache, time and money.
Taking an example: if your product is about "web site building", you may make a search for "site builder" or "sales letter" or "web site design" or such.
- Advertising aspect: If you look for those who are continuously advertising with Google Adwords, then search for terms that are related to your product and then look for those who are currently advertising using Google's Adwords. You can see their small ads in the right margin of the browser window. Advantage: these peoples are well experienced sellers and in all likelyhood be open to a JV cooperation. More authenticity, more traffic, more profit.
Just an example: if your product is related to "body building", then search for "body sculpting", "gaining muscle", "losing fat", "bodybuilding diets", etc.
- Article Titles aspect: Lets say you've a given product. What can you do in this case? You may make a search for the title of such articles concerned to your product. Advantage: by this you can see which sites are presently show those articles and see if they will load your article to their site as well. I'm sure you can find article titles at EZA or other great article directories. This is a moneysaving solution.
Lets see an example: you've an article related to outsourcing, then do a search for "How to Sell 300% More Product with 300% More Free Time?" or such. (of course with quotations)
- Experts aspect: Let us say you have a certain field of interest. Then you may make a search for the names of well known experts or authors within your field of interest. Advantage: you'll probably find MANY sites mentioning that author - from promoting their products, to listing their articles, to posting comments about their authority. They will be like that between these, who are using affiliate links. I don't have to depict the result possibly.
An example in this direction: if your product related to "internet marketing" then search for "Justin Michie".
- Popular Products aspect: To see which sites are actively promoting your competitors' product, search for the title of their products. Why? Think about it: those who already promoting similar products are probably candidates to promote yours. Advantage: they are educated peoples, this way you can be sure they work independently, the trade is known by them, so you don't have to struggle with their training. Faster selling process, less headache, more profit.
See an example: if your product is related to "traffic marketing" then make a search for "Trafficology".
- The URLs aspect: Saying you've a specific passion. Then you may make a search for a word or phrase related to your topic of interest in the URL of the sites listed in Google's collection. You can do this by using the "in url" search device. Advantage: This will return a listing of all indexed URL listings that contain that word or phrase - so all things are on one place. Timesaving solution.
E.g. if your product is about "house repairing" do a search for in url: "house repairing".
- Tips or Articles aspect: You have a given interest. Then you may make a search for a combination of a word or phrase related to your topic of interest, along with the words "tips" and "articles" e.g. "self help tips", "self help articles", etc. Advantage: many new contact, many new affiliate opportunity.
An example again: if your product related to "riding" then do a search for "riding tips" or "riding articles".
So, I'm sure if you use the Google's search function, you'll find as many new affiliate partners as many you wish. Easily, quickly, simply. What else is needed?
These will help, but if you apply them only.
(Note: No, I'm not invented the hot water with this. This comes from my observations in IM world since 2006. I hope this makes some kind of light bulb in a few people.)