Help...I Screwed Up My MS Word

by Steven Wagenheim 4 replies
I told you all when it comes to this technical stuff I'm an idiot.

Well, I hit some key combination (probably Ctrl + something) and now all
throughout my document are all these things that look like backward P's

They appear at the end of every line.

I am also seeing right arrows in places where it looks like I used my tab

Okay, how do I turn this crap off? LOL.

I have looked through the menus and can't find a thing.

Thanks in advance for rescuing this inept software user.

#main internet marketing discussion forum #helpi #screwed #word
Avatar of Unregistered
  • Profile picture of the author jcoolbaugh
    Steven -

    All you're doing is showing the formatting (those are paragraph marks). Look up at the top of the screen and you'll see a similar button on your toolbar (right next to the zoom box). Click on it and they should disappear.

    veni, addidicī, vici.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[52189].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Brian Edmondson

    This should help:

    In your document, you see dots where there should be spaces, arrows where there should be tabs, and other characters that you don't expect.

    These symbols are visible when you show the formatting marks in Word.

    Hide the formatting marks.
    On the Home tab, in the Paragraph group, click Show/Hide.

    Internet Profit Report Reveals:
    The Fastest, Easiest, & Most Profitable Ways
    to Make Money Online in Just Seven Simple Steps...

    Get it at:

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[52191].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author CSwrite
    Hi Steven!

    I do this all the time.

    Go to View

    Is the box next to Reveal Formatting checked?

    I would first try changing your view to Page Layout, that usually works for me.

    If not - I know there's another quick fix. Let me look real quick.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[52197].message }}
Avatar of Unregistered

Trending Topics