UK - Taxation & Setting up Business

1 replies
I started off in IM and graphic design as a hobby online but quickly realised that the money is more than an odd snippet here and there. I think its time to step up the gear and register myself with HMRC.

I'm a little stuck as what to do next, my aims is to either setup as self employed / sole trader / LTD Company and also need guidance from an accountant. If anyone has any guidance on where to find an accountant then that would be great, as they would be able to help me with what to do next regarding setting up!
#business #setting #taxation
  • Profile picture of the author David Raybould
    Ask any self employed people you know to
    recommend a good accountant, then set up
    appointments to talk to any you can find

    Don't go with the first one you see. Speak
    to several, talk them through your business,
    see what vibes you get. Date a little bit before
    you marry them.

    The wrong accountant can cost you thousands,
    so don't be afraid to be picky. Try and find
    somebody who "gets" your business, and not
    someone who is just going to try and treat you
    the same as their other clients with more regular

    Hope that helps. I can recommend a GREAT
    accountant, but he's a LONG way from Sheffield.

    -David Raybould
    Killer Emails. Cash-spewing VSLs. Turbocharged Landing Pages.

    Whatever you need, my high converting copy puts more money in your pocket. PM for details. 10 years experience and 9 figure revenues.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6412911].message }}

Trending Topics