Have I got this wrong or do some people make full livings within these forum four walls?

by asc
37 replies
Just started (trying to) become more active here, same as most, learning and absorbing...

One question, as per opening title - do people make their full income via this site? I see people suggesting writing a WSO, offering services etc...

Any thoughts or words of experience?

Alan
#forum #full #livings #make #people #walls #wrong
  • Profile picture of the author TheArticlePros
    It's very possible to make a full-time living from the WF, although I wouldn't recommend putting ALL of your eggs in this basket. Just like anything else online (or in the real world), the WF is a website and its owner can decide to just take it down if he ever wanted to.

    I have an ad up in the WFH section that generally brings me as much money in sales as I take home from my day job, though, so I'm fairly happy with this place.

    -- j
    Signature

    Posting About Life & Video Games:
    http://www.jarycu.com

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6429230].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author CoachManny
      Originally Posted by JaRyCu View Post


      I have an ad up in the WFH section that generally brings me as much money in sales as I take home from my day job, though, so I'm fairly happy with this place.

      -- j
      "fairly happy"?

      I would be ecstatic.

      Manny
      Signature

      Manny Rodriguez Blog:
      www.coachmannyrodriguez.com

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6429588].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author TheArticlePros
        Originally Posted by CoachManny View Post

        "fairly happy"?

        I would be ecstatic.

        Manny
        Fairly happy = good sales
        Ecstatic = good profits

        I'm somewhere in-between those right now. I have a plan in place that I am working that should put me to ecstatic by the end of the summer.

        -- j
        Signature

        Posting About Life & Video Games:
        http://www.jarycu.com

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6429731].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Hamida Harland
          There are quite a few people making a full time living here within the WF walls - it's perfectly possible with a good service, product etc. You can even do well with just a sig link. It's not a good idea to put all your eggs in one basket though - I wouldn't want to rely on the forum alone for income.
          Signature
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6429797].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author asc
            Originally Posted by Hamida Harland View Post

            There are quite a few people making a full time living here within the WF walls - it's perfectly possible with a good service, product etc. You can even do well with just a sig link. It's not a good idea to put all your eggs in one basket though - I wouldn't want to rely on the forum alone for income.
            Would you say that the people making a living here are purely focusing on the 'making money online' niche? Or maybe offering writing skills? Reason i am asking is i think i have some ok skills that may be needed by others...things like basic english (i hear some people make a full income from just writing?? All new to me to be honest..). Or is it all about selling wso's?
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6429871].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author Alexa Smith
              Banned
              Originally Posted by asc View Post

              Would you say that the people making a living here are purely focusing on the 'making money online' niche? Or maybe offering writing skills? Reason i am asking is i think i have some ok skills that may be needed by others...things like basic english (i hear some people make a full income from just writing?? All new to me to be honest..). Or is it all about selling wso's?
              I've been here quite a while and I have absolutely no idea of the answers to any of these questions. But I'm quite curious, myself, and watching with interest.

              I imagine that most people offering writing and other services here aren't offering them only here, surely? :confused:

              I've never made a penny here (nor tried to), but I do suspect there are some people (though maybe very few?) who make their entire living here? I must admit, I'd absolutely hate to do that. Somewhat precarious?! You'd want to be pretty careful not to get banned?! Not sure whether I could cope with being on my best behavior every day ... :p
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6429982].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author asc
                Originally Posted by Alexa Smith View Post

                I've been here quite a while and I have absolutely no idea of the answers to any of these questions. But I'm quite curious, myself, and watching with interest.

                I imagine that most people offering writing and other services here aren't offering them only here, surely? :confused:

                I've never made a penny here (nor tried to), but I do suspect there are some people (though maybe very few?) who make their entire living here? I must admit, I'd absolutely hate to do that. Somewhat precarious?! You'd want to be pretty careful not to get banned?! Not sure whether I could cope with being on my best behavior every day ... :p
                Yes i agree, if i only had one outlet then i think i would go dizzy!! But for a base to make at least a bit, then it would be really useful. But if it were a case of doing that by milking the very members that make a forum, then that does not sit right with me.

                Can't believe i have been a member for so long though and not immersed myself in this forum. Must fix
                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6430014].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Horny Devil
            Banned
            OP, would you want to make a full-time living within the confines of WF?

            I note that many replies advocate spreading yourself between forums, and no doubt many more will post claiming to earn a healthy living on WF, but I would say to you that a life spent cooped up indoors hunched over a computer for countless hours each day, is a life not worth having no matter what the rewards.

            The words of a Minister that hold the most truth at any burial/cremation we attend are "man is here but a short time". Ain't that the truth. There's a whole world to be enjoyed out there, family and friends to enjoy it with, and an hour of sunshine on your back - even in an inner city area - is worth ten hours encased within four walls.

            Most computer/internet users agree that time either seems to disappear or the hours flash by in an instant when at the keyboard on a session. For my own part I hugely regret the tens of thousands of hours I feel were wasted over the years at the computer and/or online. Not because I didn't learn anything as I did, and not because I never made any money as I did. Simply because that's a monstrous chunk of my life which has passed it a haze, and a few decades of my life within which I could have spent more time with my family and been much happier.

            If you see IM in whatever guise as being your future direction in life, I would offer only this piece of advice to you:

            * Set a limit to the hours you are prepared to work each day

            * Have at least one full day off on the weekend, if not two.

            * Your business model should encompass a recurring income theme

            * If its financially viable outsource as much as possible


            Finally, to all those who claim to have made fortunes on the WF, why are some of you so much a part of the furniture here? Is money such a huge motivation in your life that you are prepared to forego quality of life? If you have made enough to be comfortable, do you equate comfortable to 60 plus hours a week in a chair?

            OP, good luck in all your endeavours. You seem a genuine guy on a mission of discovery.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6430166].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author Elluminati
              Originally Posted by Horny Devil View Post

              OP, would you want to make a full-time living within the confines of WF?

              I note that many replies advocate spreading yourself between forums, and no doubt many more will post claiming to earn a healthy living on WF, but I would say to you that a life spent cooped up indoors hunched over a computer for countless hours each day, is a life not worth having no matter what the rewards.

              The words of a Minister that hold the most truth at any burial/cremation we attend are "man is here but a short time". Ain't that the truth. There's a whole world to be enjoyed out there, family and friends to enjoy it with, and an hour of sunshine on your back - even in an inner city area - is worth ten hours encased within four walls.

              Most computer/internet users agree that time either seems to disappear or the hours flash by in an instant when at the keyboard on a session. For my own part I hugely regret the tens of thousands of hours I feel were wasted over the years at the computer and/or online. Not because I didn't learn anything as I did, and not because I never made any money as I did. Simply because that's a monstrous chunk of my life which has passed it a haze, and a few decades of my life within which I could have spent more time with my family and been much happier.

              If you see IM in whatever guise as being your future direction in life, I would offer only this piece of advice to you:

              * Set a limit to the hours you are prepared to work each day

              * Have at least one full day off on the weekend, if not two.

              * Your business model should encompass a recurring income theme

              * If its financially viable outsource as much as possible


              Finally, to all those who claim to have made fortunes on the WF, why are some of you so much a part of the furniture here? Is money such a huge motivation in your life that you are prepared to forego quality of life? If you have made enough to be comfortable, do you equate comfortable to 60 plus hours a week in a chair?

              OP, good luck in all your endeavours. You seem a genuine guy on a mission of discovery.
              I wouldn't go as far as to say you have to be confined to four walls if you make a living by working online. While I have yet to sell anything here, I do run a business which allows me to go anywhere (enjoying a change of scenery and being with family and friends) and still get work completed, which makes it much more enjoyable. Hence, I believe it is by choice that we confine ourselves to four walls all day every day, thus, making working online seem so depressing or not worth doing.

              I do think that (especially in the beginning) sometimes to get to something you have to go through something, be it working those 60 hours to build your way up. I didn't find that I was living a lesser quality of life when I was (and still do) grinding to reach certain goals. But, I guess, it's what we make of it on an individual basis.

              I think money is a huge motivation for many people on this forum (and others), especially given that they already are enduring a lesser quality of life and looking for opportunities to change that. I see this all the time in these threads.
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6430751].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author Paul Myers
                asc,

                Yeah. There are people earning a fair chunk of cash just within this forum. I want to echo the recommendation, though, that you not allow too much of your income to depend on ANY single resource you don't control, including this forum.

                ANY site can change policies, delete accounts, or simply shut down without warning. Systems can break, resulting in ads not being shown or sales not being processed.

                If I listed all the reasons it's a bad idea to rely too much on a single site, it would scare some people offline entirely, at least business-wise. But those reasons apply offline, too.

                Just use common sense, and keep diversity in mind.


                Paul
                Signature
                .
                Stop by Paul's Pub - my little hangout on Facebook.

                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6431475].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author dannn1
                Yes you can make money in the Warrior Forum through WSOs, but there are other indirect ways to profit - legitimately - from the Warrior Forum.

                Warrior Forum is a great place to get traffic (by using your signature under each post). If you are in the Internet marketing niche, traffic from WF is highly targeted and usually yields high opt-in rates on squeeze pages.

                People in WF are interested in learning about how to make money online. If each one of your posts has a signature linking to a website you own about making money online, then there is a nice chance a large number of people from WF will check out what you have to say/offer.
                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6431564].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Joseph Robinson
    Banned
    What Jason said exactly. You'd be foolish not to take advantage of the place, and even more foolish to solely depend on it.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6429246].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author awdevine
      This forum is a great place to absorb a lot of good information for free or very cheaply.

      Additionally, it's a great place to earn income online and, for some, they've made a lot of money primarily from this forum. I make 5 figures per month from this forum, yet just like Jason suggested, I don't all my eggs in the WF basket - you must diversify, unless you are a substantial risk-taker, which I don't recommend.

      When I say I've made money from this forum's four walls, it's been from WSOs, email marketing and my forum signature that I've earned that income. I'm looking at adding a service very soon in the WFH section as Jason mentions, and I have other outside projects that will soon be dropping.

      The point is I recommend a well-balanced approach to making income online, which includes WF as it's an awesome source of hyper-intensive, targetted traffic, and having both immediate and passive recurring income as a part of your income strategy.

      I hope that helps.

      Best of luck to you.

      Cheers,

      Anthony
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6429326].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author adsassist
        Originally Posted by awdevine View Post

        This forum is a great place to absorb a lot of good information for free or very cheaply.

        Additionally, it's a great place to earn income online and, for some, they've made a lot of money primarily from this forum. I make 5 figures per month from this forum, yet just like Jason suggested, I don't all my eggs in the WF basket - you must diversify, unless you are a substantial risk-taker, which I don't recommend.

        When I say I've made money from this forum's four walls, it's been from WSOs, email marketing and my forum signature that I've earned that income. I'm looking at adding a service very soon in the WFH section as Jason mentions, and I have other outside projects that will soon be dropping.

        The point is I recommend a well-balanced approach to making income online, which includes WF as it's an awesome source of hyper-intensive, targetted traffic, and having both immediate and passive recurring income as a part of your income strategy.

        I hope that helps.

        Best of luck to you.

        Cheers,

        Anthony
        I'm kinda shocked you made so much here with only 90 post.

        I'm going to go look at them now as there must be great knowledge with in them.
        Signature
        Save Energy With Alternative Energy Today
        Alternative Energy Products At The Lowest Price
        Alternative Energy Today
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6429390].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author adsassist
    Its called Forum Marketing.

    You could make a living off of one forum (WF) but it would be hard.

    There are people that market 20+ forums at one time. The best thing you could do is give value and help other people. That is what will get you noticed.

    If you could solve or even give true value to every problem/question on this forum you would be a millionaire.
    Signature
    Save Energy With Alternative Energy Today
    Alternative Energy Products At The Lowest Price
    Alternative Energy Today
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6429333].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author asc
    Thanks for your replies. Yes i can see about the 'eggs in one basket' concern, but i think as someone who has made very very little in the time i have known about IM, i will concentrate my time on this forum (and of course the free wso's in the war room) and see if i can at least break making £1000, not even £1000 per month, just £1000 would be great! I am going to hang around here for a bit me thinks

    Alan
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6429394].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ddev
    Hi Alan,

    Beyond all the affirmative answers you'll get, some things may help:

    1. Being Organized / Focused: This is very important as new strategies / wso's etc may distract you.

    Just make plans for a couple of weeks (should be a funny task), think of where you want to go and start doing your job. Lot of people are desperate and can't have plans so they end up going from here to there.

    2. Finding inspiration to do what you have to do (1).
    Following successful minds is great for this (a good mindset is almost everything to do nice things).

    3. Having Fun

    Best Regards,

    Diego.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6429435].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author asc
      Originally Posted by ddev View Post

      Hi Alan,

      Beyond all the affirmative answers you'll get, some things may help:

      1. Being Organized / Focused: This is very important as new strategies / wso's etc may distract you.

      Just make plans for a couple of weeks (should be a funny task), think of where you want to go and start doing your job. Lot of people are desperate and can't have plans so they end up going from here to there.

      2. Finding inspiration to do what you have to do (1).
      Following successful minds is great for this (a good mindset is almost everything to do nice things).

      3. Having Fun

      Best Regards,

      Diego.
      Hi Diego, thanks for your input. I am far from ungrateful for your advice, but it is quite vague? I totally agree that i need to focus, i am pretty focused now (my college has just ended and the kids are back at school!) and agree that the great variety of wso's can have you channeling off in lots of crazy directions!

      Tell me, what do you mean by a funny task? My plans for the next few weeks/months are split daily between IM and web design, with the hope that one will make me some money...

      Alan
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6429476].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author rabbikhan
    Banned
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6429475].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author asc
      Originally Posted by rabbikhan View Post

      Yes there are some warriors who are earning thousands of dollars per month through this forum.
      Am i right in assuming that these warriors chosen topic of writing would be 'how to make money online' or subjects around them?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6429499].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author sbucciarel
        Banned
        Originally Posted by asc View Post

        Am i right in assuming that these warriors chosen topic of writing would be 'how to make money online' or subjects around them?
        Not necessarily. Some sell software, some sell websites, some sell services, some sell ebooks on all kinds of topics, some are writers, some sell PLR. Many of the ebooks are in the general area of Make Money Online, but there are so many different topics that come underneath that umbrella.

        Choose something you know a lot about or offer a service that you're good at. Don't just rehash info because you think that's what people will buy.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6430504].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author AndyBlackSEO
    A good WSO can earn thousands so it depends on how good your products are, how hot your products are, how often you can produce these products, your affiliate contacts and how good you are at launching products.

    If you tick all those boxes then you could be quite wealthy.
    Signature
    [FREE SEO TOOL] Build 29 Effective, High Authority Backlinks that Will Increase Your Google Rankings in 2020... CLICK HERE ...
    ... Instant backlinks that can get you results within 24-72hrs.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6429619].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ddev
    Hi Alan,

    Don't think it's quite Vague. From time to time i see many people posting desperate things, going here and there, jumping from this strategy to the other one and so on. It may sound simple, but having a good mindset is really really important. No matter if you'll sell a WSO, a Service through the Classified Ads Section, etc

    Having many software products online (some of them who sold well inside and outside the forum), this is the best thing i can share with you.

    And having fun in the things i do it's like a fuel for me (it's just a personal point of view) as it helps me to gain more energy, be more creative etc. It helps to mitigate stress (which may come very fast).

    Finally, allow yourself to make some mistakes and learn from them (this also applies to launching WSO's where we're all trying to do things better and better every day). The first time i've launched i had doubts about almost everything:

    - Will this interest other warriors?
    - Will the sales page convert?
    - Is the price ok?
    - Will i make all the sales i want to make?

    And so on. I didn't pay attention to them and launched. As a result i made looots of mistakes (still make them ), but learned a lot while got very good results. Just don't let the doubts paralyze you when trying to launch.

    Just a personal (and not so technical) point of view of things (i think these comments are more suitable for the "Mind Warriors" section ).

    Best Regards,

    Diego.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6429626].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Zults
    Its entirely possible to earn a full living income ( Depending what you call a full income) on just this forum.

    Check out the WSO section, checkout the WSO's some have sold THOUSANDS for a high price.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6429650].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jrivera680
    Use WF as one source for making income. Then after that find another source to bring in funds. Diversity will help you in the long run.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6430117].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jaymark
    I am not making a full time income strictly through WF. However I suppose it is possible. But for me it is great way to develop contacts and build links to increase the ranking of my sites. I also learn a great deal which helps me to earn more money. So I wouldn't limit yourself to this site alone but definately use it as an important resource.
    Signature
    Article Writers - American article writers, sharp pricing, quick turnaround, quality articles and web content
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6430207].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author lukedidit
    Yes.

    Some people come here and try their hand at making money online.

    They don't have much luck so they try another few methods, eventually they may fail too. Its at this point that they decide to write an WSO to tell people how to make money online
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6430627].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author timb98133
    I make a full time living online... however it's not all just from the WF. Never put all your eggs in one basket
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6431521].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author promo_guy
    While I wholeheartedly agree about diversifying, absolutely 100%, one of the great things about WF (aside from all the gold nuggets of FREE info) is when you run a WSO, you build a list of customers.

    If they like you and your products, then even if the forum went down, banned you, disappeared, you have your customer base to at least communicate with and/or offer your latest products.

    Decide HOW you want to make money online/offline and pursue the routes to get you there.

    Best of luck!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6431709].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Drew Cleveland
    Tim Atkinson, Sam England and tons of other people make a lot of money from WSOs
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6431827].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Joseph Robinson
      Banned
      Originally Posted by Drew Cleveland View Post

      Tim Atkinson, Sam England and tons of other people make a lot of money from WSOs
      They also make money from things other than WSO's. Diversity ftw.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6431846].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author idoitbigtime
    When you Start work Full Time from the Internet you must have some Traffic & Networking

    There are people who lived well from WF but i am sure that all of them have their own DB and traffic etc also from other sources

    you can't Trust only 1 place

    Originally Posted by asc View Post

    Just started (trying to) become more active here, same as most, learning and absorbing...

    One question, as per opening title - do people make their full income via this site? I see people suggesting writing a WSO, offering services etc...

    Any thoughts or words of experience?

    Alan
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6431870].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author CheapTrafficDude
    One Word... A True Legend...

    Icun...

    I never seen a guy as dedicated as he is, ever in the warrior forum. I suggest his course, WSOLC (WSO Launch Code) in partnership with Tim Atkinson. There are so many great guys around here and even more multi-millionaires, folks that pretty much earn a living just from "hanging around" here. Although I find Icun's (Martin Crumlish) story to be one of the best I ever read on here (Anthony Aires is a close second), there are many folks always here to help. Get that War Room membership to good use, lots of valuable stuff in there.

    I'll say though, even if you want to BUY EVERYTHING like a dam hooligan, don't. There's a lot of amazing stuff in here, you just have to learn what to buy and what not to buy. With a decent amount of experience, you will grow a super-natural knack for it, just like any of us who been in the business long enough. Like everyone else, you will find what are you gifted at, either it be getting offline clients, getting your site ranked high in the big G or just plain ole PPC, you'll find your way...

    Just do yourself a favor and never give up the fight!
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6432068].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Social App Zone
    original product is the key ... everything else = fail
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6432083].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Stripe
    I have heard there are several folks here who do very well.

    All I know is that I think the forum and the members here are the best! Most are willing to help you with whatever you need.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6432119].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author lotsofsnow
    Originally Posted by asc View Post

    Just started (trying to) become more active here, same as most, learning and absorbing...

    One question, as per opening title - do people make their full income via this site? I see people suggesting writing a WSO, offering services etc...

    Any thoughts or words of experience?

    Alan
    I can't talk about "people" but it sure works for me...
    Signature

    Call Center Fuel - High Volume Data
    Delivering the highest quality leads in virtually all consumer verticals.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6442229].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author sadneck
      Hi Alan,
      I have been to a few marketing forums myself, but I have to say, WF is probably one of the best with some of the most helpful members.

      I do have a firm belief though that whatever you do in life, it will take a long time, so you need to have a LOT of determination and at least a little patience.

      Work like you can see the prize tomorrow, but be prepared to dig deep for years.

      Good luck!
      Andrew
      Signature
      THE BITCOIN BOSS WSO PACKAGE
      Special Launch Price!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6527312].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Randall Magwood
    You can get alot of traffic from Warrior Forum, and make money with your own site or WSO. Creating new products takes time, but freelance, coaching, and consultative services are easy to maintain and only requires real skills in your craft.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6527666].message }}

Trending Topics