Single opt in autoresponder

12 replies
Hello WF,

Does anyone know if there is a single opt in auto responder out there that will integrate with optimize press? I heard Aweber can, but i am getting conflicting answers. All suggestions are appreciated.
#autoresponder #opt #single
  • I have optimize press and aweber works fine with it. You can see an example on my site
    Signature
    soon people... Relax...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6459177].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author KingsFan
      Originally Posted by HelpingYouBeAnExpert View Post

      I have optimize press and aweber works fine with it. You can see an example on my site
      Thank you. So I assume that Aweber has an option for this when creating the form?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6459216].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author David Keith
    all the major AR services i know of have the option to use single optin only.

    However, many can and will "block" single optins for a number of reasons. In fact, even your own "testing" of a new AR series signups can trigger the single optin block by aweber.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6459190].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author TimGreen1
    AWeber definitely has a single optin but you just have to turn it on. Can't remember exactly where it is but it's there for sure!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6459242].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author KingsFan
      Originally Posted by TimGreen1 View Post

      AWeber definitely has a single optin but you just have to turn it on. Can't remember exactly where it is but it's there for sure!
      Thanks Tim.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6459251].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author rmorgan
    Not to hijack the thread, but this brings up something I've been dealing with.

    I have a site that is getting traffic and the landing page asks for first name and email address for them to get access to 2 free PDF downloads. I'm finding that people are downloading, but not confirming their email subscription which means I can't make them a part of my autoresponder campaign.

    Any thoughts on how to fix this issue?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6459277].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author David Keith
      Originally Posted by rmorgan View Post

      Not to hijack the thread, but this brings up something I've been dealing with.

      I have a site that is getting traffic and the landing page asks for first name and email address for them to get access to 2 free PDF downloads. I'm finding that people are downloading, but not confirming their email subscription which means I can't make them a part of my autoresponder campaign.

      Any thoughts on how to fix this issue?
      make the download page the "thankyou" page after they click the confirm link.

      Basically don't give the the DL link on the web form submission thankyou page. Only give them the link after they confirm their subscription.

      you can set a custom confirmation thankyou page in aweber by clicking "advanced options" in the settings tab. at least i think thats the right place.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6459296].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author SeanSupplee
    Yup they all do but just make sure your gathering their information in the right manner and don't abuse it. Just saying because it really effects us all when people abuse systems like that.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6459317].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author KingsFan
      Originally Posted by SeanSupplee View Post

      Yup they all do but just make sure your gathering their information in the right manner and don't abuse it. Just saying because it really effects us all when people abuse systems like that.
      Very true. I definitely don't plan on abusing it, just trying to figure out the best way to grow a list and provide valuable content and products. I am using WP auto responder and did not see that feature within the plug-in, maybe I just need to search more.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6459393].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author marketerpro
    Single opt-in will help build a larger list faster, but it will end up having a much lower open rate.
    Many won't even remember they subscribed to begin with.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6459355].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Alexa Smith
      Banned
      Originally Posted by marketerpro View Post

      Single opt-in will help build a larger list faster, but it will end up having a much lower open rate.
      That's not my experience, and I've done a lot of testing of this.

      But even if it were so, it still wouldn't necessarily make confirmed opt-in better, anyway: a 50% open-rate from a list of 600 single opt-ins is more people than a 60% open-rate from a list of 450 confirmed opt-ins.

      Originally Posted by marketerpro View Post

      Many won't even remember they subscribed to begin with.
      That depends on what you tell them before and after you've opted them in, how you follow them up, their expectations, the extent to which you fulfil/surpass them, and other factors. Having confirmed their opt-in at the time they originally signed up isn't going to make any long-term difference to whether they remember who you are (and it isn't going to make them any less likely to "report spam", either): that's going to depend on how you handle them.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6459388].message }}

Trending Topics