Write "Trophy Pigeon" Posts

29 replies
I need to find someone who can Write "Trophy Pigeon" Posts for me. Does anyone know where I can find the best to hire for this job?
#“trophy #“trophy #pigeon” #pigeon” #posts #write
  • Profile picture of the author TheArticlePros
    Try going back out to he main page, looking down 2 rows, and going into the Warriors For Hire subforum. Also try checking the signatures of various people through the forum as a lot of people advertise their writing services that way, too.

    -- j
    Signature

    Posting About Life & Video Games:
    http://www.jarycu.com

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6463281].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author gonzotrucker
    I did that but I found nothing for writing "Trophy Pigeon posts" That is a diffrent type of article.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6463338].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Noel Cunningham
      Originally Posted by gonzotrucker View Post

      I did that but I found nothing for writing "Trophy Pigeon posts" That is a diffrent type of article.
      Most writers can provide a variety of different work. Just check out the forum and network with the different Warriors. I doubt you'll find someone who explicitly lists "Trophy Pigeon" as one of their styles but you will find plenty of writers who will be able to help
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6463510].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author gonzotrucker
    Ok thanks guys I will message some writers in the warriors for hire section.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6463517].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author gonzotrucker
    Sense we are on this topic what do you think about "Trophy Pigeon articles" Good? Bad? Does it really bring in tons of traffic, and some good backlinks?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6463826].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author TheArticlePros
      Originally Posted by gonzotrucker View Post

      Sense we are on this topic what do you think about "Trophy Pigeon articles" Good? Bad? Does it really bring in tons of traffic, and some good backlinks?
      To be quite honest with you, I'd never heard of it before I just came back and re-read this thread. I Googled it since Noel's reference, combined with yours, made it sound like something more than just a passing phrase...the results didn't encourage me. Most of the top 20 results were for black hat sites.

      Can you give us a little more detail on it?

      -- j
      Signature

      Posting About Life & Video Games:
      http://www.jarycu.com

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6463845].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author MissTerraK
        Originally Posted by JaRyCu View Post

        To be quite honest with you, I'd never heard of it before I just came back and re-read this thread. I Googled it since Noel's reference, combined with yours, made it sound like something more than just a passing phrase...the results didn't encourage me. Most of the top 20 results were for black hat sites.

        Can you give us a little more detail on it?

        -- j
        Same here, j.

        I found black hat sites and I delved a little deeper only to find one of those black hatters describe this method as sneaky.

        I personally don't do "sneaky" but for those that do incorporate "sneaky" for ranking purposes, beware and enter at your own risk because Google releases wild animals to devour "sneaky" sooner or later.

        I would think that this method would be shaky at best, from what I've found on it anyway.

        Terra
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6463901].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Joseph Robinson
          Banned
          Originally Posted by MissTerraK View Post

          I would think that this method would be shaky at best, from what I've found on it anyway.
          So in other words, we are witnessing the birth of the next big trick?
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6463938].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author MissTerraK
            Originally Posted by Joe Robinson View Post

            So in other words, we are witnessing the birth of the next big trick?
            I honestly can't say, Joe.

            But it is something that I'll stay clear of in case Google suddenly has an issue with it.

            I wouldn't want to wake up one morning thinking I'm still in a dream as I slowly meander down the streets of forum communities that resemble the day after an apocalypse, choking on the dust of businesses that have crumbled.

            Squinting to see through the dingy, hazy dust and barely making out what seems to be numerous business owners broken and forlorn, sitting curbside crying that they have lost everything and now have no way to support themselves or their families.

            Moaning that they only did what was recommended by other seemingly successful business owners who were hawking the best methods to rank in the who is who in of Internet marketing.

            Barely discerning the words Panda and Penguin in between bone chilling wails, except this time, the word would be Pigeon Hole.

            Okay, okay, I have a vivid imagination, but I just don't want to take the chance.

            Terra
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6464151].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author TheArticlePros
              Originally Posted by MissTerraK View Post


              --snip--
              awesome apocalypse reference
              --snip--
              You forgot the zombies Terror. (Saw Paul use that, and I don't like the only Terra I ever knew, so that's what I'm calling you.)

              End of the world motifs always need zombies. Always.

              -- j
              Signature

              Posting About Life & Video Games:
              http://www.jarycu.com

              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6464194].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author JohnMcCabe
                Without checking into the BH twists, this looks like hanging a new name on an old tactic.

                A lot of bloggers call them "round up posts", where you create a list of things that you can recommend people check out.

                Do it right, and the people mentioned in the post will link back to you. People who see it will share it via social platforms.

                Do it wrong, and the best case scenario is people will ignore you.

                Really screw it up, and you could blow your credibility. Like linking to dubious products using affiliate links. Then you just look like a shill.
                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6464254].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author MissTerraK
                Originally Posted by JaRyCu View Post

                You forgot the zombies Terror. (Saw Paul use that, and I don't like the only Terra I ever knew, so that's what I'm calling you.)

                End of the world motifs always need zombies. Always.

                -- j
                < sniff, sniff, wipe away one lonely tear slowly trailing down saddened face >

                And here I thought we were friends. Please tell me I'm not the only Terra you ever knew, haha!

                Well in all honesty, I can be quite the terror when I want to be!

                Terra
                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6464257].message }}
                • Profile picture of the author TheArticlePros
                  <warning: possible thread hijacking in progress>

                  Originally Posted by MissTerraK View Post

                  < sniff, sniff, wipe away one lonely tear slowly trailing down saddened face >

                  And here I thought we were friends. Please tell me I'm not the only Terra you ever knew, haha!

                  Well in all honesty, I can be quite the terror when I want to be!

                  Terra
                  No...I knew the other one in 5th grade...24 years ago. She was one of those girls who walked around with her nose in the air...hence why I didn't like her.

                  You seem cool and awesome and stuff, which is why I like calling you Terror.

                  -- j
                  Signature

                  Posting About Life & Video Games:
                  http://www.jarycu.com

                  {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6464457].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author fin
          I'm quite interested to know who you're going to include in your list.

          I think they are too common now, especially in the marketing niche. EVERYBODY does them.

          Maybe it will be different in the truckers niche.

          P.S. I can't see how there would be anything blackhat about them.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6463954].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author gonzotrucker
    From what I gather you just write an article praising your competition. Which Mine has some really good sites so it's not a lie. They see it and backlink to the article.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6463939].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author fin
      Originally Posted by gonzotrucker View Post

      From what I gather you just write an article praising your competition. Which Mine has some really good sites so it's not a lie. They see it and backlink to the article.
      Instead of hiring a writer you could use mine as a reference and save money 6 Inspirational Podcasts To Make Your Business Explode
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6463975].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author David Keith
    "trophy pigeon" is a term coined by a popular wso seller.

    I am not going to get into the merits of the marketing theories, but its tactic i don't use and would never suggest as being any significant part of your marketing plan.

    Its largely just a twist on a few very popular marketing methods. It is a viable strategy. But will it produce the results promised for most people.... absolutely not.

    Its a tactic, not a marketing plan.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6463956].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author gonzotrucker
    I respect all of your opinions that is why I'm asking before I do this. I won't do anything I think is sneaky or bad.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6463969].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Luffy
    try find someone in microblogging site (ex:fiverr)
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6465753].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author marketingabc
    Banned
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6466128].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author TheArticlePros
      Originally Posted by marketingabc View Post

      So what is Trophy Pigeon posts *exactly*? Why should I write articles praising my competition, what good will come out of that?
      From what I can gather in this thread, it's just another way of doing a review site. For example, you buy/obtain/download 25 WordPress plugins and then write a 500-1000 word review of each. You place an affiliate link 1-3x throughout the post and, after your site is full, you then let the person who created the plugin know about it.

      You also start backlinking and driving traffic through whatever means you're comfortable with and you hope that the creators of the product throw traffic your way as a 'thank you' so to speak.

      That's just my guess, but it's what I'm gathering from reading all of this.

      -- j
      Signature

      Posting About Life & Video Games:
      http://www.jarycu.com

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6466363].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Randall Magwood
    Whydo you want to do "Trophy Pigeon"?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6466419].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author gonzotrucker
    I first read about it yesterday, and thought maybe this is a good way to get some traffic. But now after reading the comments above, and thinking about it I change my mind. I'm not so sure it's a good idea. My site is now 1 year old but still not ranking for any of my keywords. Also it's not earning anything. I have over 100 posts now all about "Trucking" with another 10 waiting to be posted.


    I guess I will just keep posting articles in hopes that Big G will notice, and finally rank me. They say content is king well so far not for me as I have more and better content than some of my competition. Something I'm doing is wrong I just can't figure out what. I'm getting 200 visitors a day now mostly from social media but no conversions or clicks.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6467570].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author JohnMcCabe
      Originally Posted by gonzotrucker View Post

      I guess I will just keep posting articles in hopes that Big G will notice, and finally rank me. They say content is king well so far not for me as I have more and better content than some of my competition. Something I'm doing is wrong I just can't figure out what. I'm getting 200 visitors a day now mostly from social media but no conversions or clicks.
      Gonzo, I took a look at the sites in your sig, and I think I can point out some things that are holding back clicks and conversions...

      The speeding ticket site looks like you just framed a Clickbank-style sales page in a blog theme. Then you chopped things up with Adsense blocks.

      If you want that site to be a sales page, make it a sales page. Right now, there are too many distractions. Rather than doing what you want, people are doing nothing.

      On the other site, I saw two ways (besides Adsense) you want to make money.

      You have a menu entry for "highest paid trucking jobs", right? What would a normal person clicking that link expect to find? Maybe a list of jobs? Instead, they get a sales letter for a course on how to get good-paying jobs. Smells like a bait and switch, and people will be out of there. Any trust or authority you might have built with good content is shot.

      You also have CB Shop and Tool Set review pages. What's missing is a clear call to action. You need to tell people they can buy the items at Amazon, and use either text links or Amazon's 'Buy Now' buttons to direct them to the site. Yes, the photos are linked, but it isn't obvious that they lead to where people can buy stuff.

      Last, I would save the Adsense for pages with no product offers. I know it's tempting to stick those ads anywhere you can on the theory that if people are going to leave the page, maybe they'll click an ad. But all you are doing is diverting attention from the action you want people to really take.

      As long as you are getting 200 visits per day, I'd spend the majority of my time working on converting the people who do show up. Then worry about attracting more.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6470209].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author TheArticlePros
      Originally Posted by gonzotrucker View Post

      I first read about it yesterday, and thought maybe this is a good way to get some traffic. But now after reading the comments above, and thinking about it I change my mind. I'm not so sure it's a good idea. My site is now 1 year old but still not ranking for any of my keywords. Also it's not earning anything. I have over 100 posts now all about "Trucking" with another 10 waiting to be posted.


      I guess I will just keep posting articles in hopes that Big G will notice, and finally rank me. They say content is king well so far not for me as I have more and better content than some of my competition. Something I'm doing is wrong I just can't figure out what. I'm getting 200 visitors a day now mostly from social media but no conversions or clicks.
      The line I bolded should only be 1/4 of your strategy. In today's highly-SEO'd environment, just posting stuff to your site isn't enough. You need to formulate a backlinking strategy that works as well. Take a couple of hours today and read through the WF's SEO subforum if you're not sure how to do it. Only read the posts that deal with post-Penguin changes (after April 2012).

      -- j
      Signature

      Posting About Life & Video Games:
      http://www.jarycu.com

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6471169].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author gonzotrucker
    Thanks John my speeding ticket site was not getting any conversions so I threw up adsense to try and get some profit if any. I'm focusing more on my trucking site that is the one getting 200 people a day.

    I will fix my Amazon page like you said.

    The page "Highest paying Trucking jobs" was my ebook but No Sales even at a lower price of $5 so I'm now giving it away for free if you scroll all the way down the page. Should I get rid of the old sales page at the top, and just keep the free information on highest paying trucking jobs?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6471087].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author JohnMcCabe
      Originally Posted by gonzotrucker View Post

      Thanks John my speeding ticket site was not getting any conversions so I threw up adsense to try and get some profit if any. I'm focusing more on my trucking site that is the one getting 200 people a day.

      I will fix my Amazon page like you said.

      The page "Highest paying Trucking jobs" was my ebook but No Sales even at a lower price of $5 so I'm now giving it away for free if you scroll all the way down the page. Should I get rid of the old sales page at the top, and just keep the free information on highest paying trucking jobs?
      I went back and took another look at that page. If it were my site, I would turn that into an opt-in page and start collecting emails.

      The pitch?

      Here's a list of some of the best-paying companies around. It's yours, free and clear. Want to know how to get those high-pay, high benefit jobs? Stick your email in the form and I'll give you a free copy of the manual I used to charge real money for.

      4-5 bullets teasing what's in the book, then a simple email-only opt-in form.

      Then the free info you already have.

      You seem pretty well plugged in to trucking and trucker issues. You could likely do a very valuable old-school newsletter with industry news, articles, product recommendations (with Amazon, you'll have to direct people back to a page on your site for the link-through - easy if you excerpt a review and link back to the full text).

      Since you list the free schools anyway, you could include content for people considering becoming truckers.

      Add each issue to an online archive, and spread the word via social sites, since that seems to be working for you anyway.

      Heck, you could even do a periodic plug for your ticket site, either as news (court cases, new laws, warnings, etc.) or as an ad in the newsletter.

      Edit: If you decide to go this way, I would make the opt-in page the front page of your site. The name of the site is, after all, "Highest Truck Driver Salary"...
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6473521].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Charles Harper
    I guess one variation on the Trophy Pigeon scenario, is to start with the biggest cheese in your niche that your readers might like and get them on board to do an email interview. Then, blast the heck out of the upcoming interview on social media, and treat them like events. Here is a video making the rounds on social media.


    It may or may not fit, but if you are trying to get the big cheeses in your niche some of it might applicable.

    If you can't get them, maybe you can get their permission to use a photo, etc.

    CT
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6471146].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author alamest
    Is Trophy Pigean is a product of WSO.

    As I have also checked in search engine that it all shows the blackhat forum and plenty of website.. if you think the product have real value to the visitor to buy it than I will say you go for it and make a good website..

    But read all the above comments and suggestion if I would be in your place I would not go for it cause got plenty of suggestion not to do it. I would move on to something else..

    I hope this helps..
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6471173].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author gonzotrucker
    I've been building backlinks. Blog commenting, and Article Directories Plus some forums. I will read the forum you mentioned thanks.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6471271].message }}

Trending Topics