I thought it would be fun to explore some of the main reasons we all enjoy being internet marketers...
I thought it would also provide some inspiration & extra motivation for those who are looking to enter into IM full-time, but just haven't quite been able to get there yet...or those who haven't made any money online (yet), but want to know some of the benefits (from the viewpoint of real marketers) of starting an internet business.
Of course it isn't all fun and games (a lot of hard work is involved), but it beats the heck out of a 9-5 job sitting in an office!
So I'm going to start off with 24 Reasons I enjoy being an internet marketer (Why 24? I don't know...just seemed like a nice number to me):
1. The ability to take a 2 hour lunch break (and not have a boss yelling at you).
2. Jammin' out on iTunes while getting some work done (no hard rock while I'm working...just some steady background music).
3. Went to play golf with my wife on a weekday (after completing my tasks for the day of course).
4. The guy that was mowing my lawn this morning told me "You Got it Made." (He doesn't see how hard I work behind the scenes...all he sees is me handing him a check at 10:30am with my shorts & tee shirt on).
5. Eating breakfast with my dad anytime I want (we are very close).
6. Building relationships with other like-minded marketers online.
7. Not having to get up @ 5:30am & sit in bumper to bumper traffic before the real work day even starts.
8. Coffee just tastes better in my home office...I can't explain it.
9. The pastor at my church needs some help setting up for some type of event? No problem...I'm glad to be there and work before or after.
10. If you take action on the right things you can make a great income (but don't expect to be lazy & get it handed to you on a silver platter).
11. None of my family really understands my "job"...so I get to talk about other stuff with them, and not work.
12. I can obviously work my own hours...I couldn't sleep last night, so I worked from 12-2am. Much more productive than watching TV.
13. No one else tells me what I'm worth...the more productive I am, the more money I can make.
14. Did I mention the 2 hour lunch?
15. I flat out enjoy it...what's better than helping other people solve their problems & getting paid for it?
16. When I need a few minutes to think, I just grab a golf club and start practicing my golf swing (some offices would frown on that).
17. I can work from anywhere...my wife & I went to St. Augustine, FL a few weeks ago, and I literally worked from the beach (I know it's an overused stereotype, but it's pretty cool when it actually happens.)
18. I'm pretty sure my dog loves me more since I'm home most of the day.
19. If I have an emergency, I can leave my work most of time at the drop of a hat, and resume later.
20. I've had many people say to me "dang, wish I could make a living on the internet!" Kinda cool when people are a little jealous of you (aww shucks..).
21. I call the shots...
22. I don't dread Mondays at all...I can't explain how awesome this is to me.
23. I really love this forum...I've learned a lot, and hopefully contributed some good information as well!
24. Life doesn't suck when you wake up every morning (at no previously appointed time), and enjoy what you do.
I could go on & on...but I want to hear what others have to say. So, what are some of the main reasons you enjoy being an internet marketer?