Free Traffic vs. Cheap Traffic

14 replies
My name is Kat Bader wf:katarina1 and I am on this forum for 6 years now. I love traffic driving and testing.My first test was with adf.ly site. Proxy traffic is not that targeted but it is cheap and people will get to see your full page for about 5 seconds. Conversion is interesting,sign ups better then sales as always but I didn't hope to get any sales.That was surprise! My goal was to get few sign ups load 20 affiliate emails to promote offer with a trial period. In the end I went with a mega plr articles/graphic pack for $7


Campaign 1
Traffic purchased: adf.ly Proxy 15,000 visitors for $6 or ($0.40/per 1000)
Sign ups: 41
Sales: 9
Cost: $6
Made: $57
Time: 9 days
Product: Collected articles and marketing graphics online 'Mega Pack'.


I just searched for an hour and collected stuff with a master resale rights.
Sign up page was one with a fake video,just picture of it and when you click on it it tells you to sign up to get free gift. Except for that 1 affiliate sale 9 are from cheap traffic.The price was $7 and after that $9



NOTE: this traffic, ...visitors love to download free stuff.They will not buy something right away. If they can sign up to download free product you can sell them something after that.I didn't try any other niche but internet marketing with AdFly and can't guarantee that you will have good results with something else.
The other source is getresponse traffic.Also internet marketing offers work best.

squeeze page- was one with a fake video,(just picture of it), and a sign up form with few bullets on the side about what is in the pack and about bonus stuff they get after they sign up. Inside, video is very simple 40 seconds of what they going to get if they buy.

My second campaign was not successful with this kind of traffic,product was Daegan Smiths Maximum Leverage membership site.I had zero signups and sales. This offer is better promoted to free traffic. I would interact with people on my facebook channel,twitter or you tube. Articles work best..posting on blogs or article directories.

By doing that I would get about 3,000 visitors per month, 50 signups and a sale or two but I don't have sales continuity.

If on budget, you don't have much choice but you can still find very cheap responsive traffic online to start your own business or to get members for your membership club in the same way as I did it in the first campaign. Free offer on the sign up page-for example 1 free module about something and then if they like it, upgrade to get other modules.

Cheap traffic vs. Free traffic pros/cons

-Cheap traffic will get you fast results - Free traffic takes forever
-Cheap traffic converts better with a right offer and when it does you should just increase traffic
-Cheap traffic is cheap but still more expensive then free traffic
-Cheap converting traffic is not easy to find-free traffic is available everywhere
-Cheap traffic is effortless and free traffic takes a lot of work

In the end I would go with a cheap traffic, even on a small budget results are faster ,better and if you fail you can pause your campaign and start again. What do you think? What is your experience with traffic?

Thank you for reading
#cheap #cheap traffic #free #free traffic #traffic
  • Profile picture of the author Jackson Tan
    Hi, Thanks for sharing! I was wondering how about expensive traffic? How would you define it then? And the pros and cons?

    Just wondering.. newbie here~
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6523927].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author katarina1
      Originally Posted by Jackson Tan View Post

      Hi, Thanks for sharing! I was wondering how about expensive traffic? How would you define it then? And the pros and cons?

      Just wondering.. newbie here~
      Thank you for asking. The trick is to get constant flow of targeted traffic to a good, converting offer. Look at this as a test. If you have sales by doing cheap traffic/free traffic , all you need to do is increase traffic.

      Expensive traffic-media buying, solo ads,ppc...it all works.
      Media buying can start with just $50 and go up to sky is a limit
      Solo ads-good once are around $500-$2500 (Daegan Smith is doing that really well)
      PPC is something I was never successful at,so I don't know.

      You can download free guide on all this topics online and start learning how to do this well but if you don't know how to do it you can lose a lot of money.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6524015].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author prithvitheprime
    Hi Kat, Thanks for sharing the wonderful information, even i was searching to buy traffic and this article really gives a boost to me to buy. As i don't know how it will work for my site even it don't have sign ups, affiliates and sales and am really based on adsense.

    Is that a good idea for me to buy the traffic?.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6524580].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author katarina1
      Originally Posted by prithvitheprime View Post

      Hi Kat, Thanks for sharing the wonderful information, even i was searching to buy traffic and this article really gives a boost to me to buy. As i don't know how it will work for my site even it don't have sign ups, affiliates and sales and am really based on adsense.

      Is that a good idea for me to buy the traffic?.

      If you plan to go with adfly I must say No because this kind of traffic will see your page 5 seconds,they don't have to click anything to get out. For adsense I would go with a fool page advertising with adsense + some other things, like banners.If you buying traffic you don't have to think about SEO or ranking. Don't let them get out of that page any other way.They MUST click on the banner or adsense to get out. I think PPC (Google pay per click adword campaign) is for you.Go with a long tail keywords to get 0.01 c clicks, 4-6 word phrases.For that kind of words you will get 2 visitors per month per keyword but you can target many.Find $50 coupon online to start with that and do some testing.
      Good luck
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6525084].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Ruth Paulson
    Thanks for sharing. Cheap traffic sounds like the right approach.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6524590].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Lently
    Hi Katerina, Now is live High Traffic Academy teach to all how get 364.000 visitors a day, you can see free videos here High Traffic Academy
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6525110].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author onlineearning
    thx !! for sharing m8!!!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6526129].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Miguelito203
    Originally Posted by katarina1 View Post

    My name is Kat Bader wf:katarina1 and I am on this forum for 6 years now. I love traffic driving and testing.My first test was with adf.ly site. Proxy traffic is not that targeted but it is cheap and people will get to see your full page for about 5 seconds. Conversion is interesting,sign ups better then sales as always but I didn't hope to get any sales.That was surprise! My goal was to get few sign ups load 20 affiliate emails to promote offer with a trial period. In the end I went with a mega plr articles/graphic pack for $7


    Campaign 1
    Traffic purchased: adf.ly Proxy 15,000 visitors for $6 or ($0.40/per 1000)
    Sign ups: 41
    Sales: 9
    Cost: $6
    Made: $57
    Time: 9 days
    Product: Collected articles and marketing graphics online 'Mega Pack'.


    I just searched for an hour and collected stuff with a master resale rights.
    Sign up page was one with a fake video,just picture of it and when you click on it it tells you to sign up to get free gift. Except for that 1 affiliate sale 9 are from cheap traffic.The price was $7 and after that $9



    NOTE: this traffic, ...visitors love to download free stuff.They will not buy something right away. If they can sign up to download free product you can sell them something after that.I didn't try any other niche but internet marketing with AdFly and can't guarantee that you will have good results with something else.
    The other source is getresponse traffic.Also internet marketing offers work best.

    squeeze page- was one with a fake video,(just picture of it), and a sign up form with few bullets on the side about what is in the pack and about bonus stuff they get after they sign up. Inside, video is very simple 40 seconds of what they going to get if they buy.

    My second campaign was not successful with this kind of traffic,product was Daegan Smiths Maximum Leverage membership site.I had zero signups and sales. This offer is better promoted to free traffic. I would interact with people on my facebook channel,twitter or you tube. Articles work best..posting on blogs or article directories.

    By doing that I would get about 3,000 visitors per month, 50 signups and a sale or two but I don't have sales continuity.

    If on budget, you don't have much choice but you can still find very cheap responsive traffic online to start your own business or to get members for your membership club in the same way as I did it in the first campaign. Free offer on the sign up page-for example 1 free module about something and then if they like it, upgrade to get other modules.

    Cheap traffic vs. Free traffic pros/cons

    -Cheap traffic will get you fast results - Free traffic takes forever
    -Cheap traffic converts better with a right offer and when it does you should just increase traffic
    -Cheap traffic is cheap but still more expensive then free traffic
    -Cheap converting traffic is not easy to find-free traffic is available everywhere
    -Cheap traffic is effortless and free traffic takes a lot of work

    In the end I would go with a cheap traffic, even on a small budget results are faster ,better and if you fail you can pause your campaign and start again. What do you think? What is your experience with traffic?

    Thank you for reading
    If the free traffic is targeted (the way it should be), it can convert like crazy. I make sales with just one click all the time. It's about how well you connect with your audience and what not. It also doesn't take a lot work -- especially since you only have to set stuff up once and continue making sales for it. :-)

    Joey
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6526323].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author kunlexengine
    thank for sharing..im also just building a forum though right now i dont have profit interest i just want to see it grow to a community what type of traffic do you think i need..im thinking of buying traffic brain but again i dont know if is the right choice
    Signature

    community for online business,lotto and sport betting
    www.naijabetland.com

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6526438].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author katarina1
      Originally Posted by kunlexengine View Post

      thank for sharing..im also just building a forum though right now i dont have profit interest i just want to see it grow to a community what type of traffic do you think i need..im thinking of buying traffic brain but again i dont know if is the right choice
      What NOT to Do!

      There are quite a few services out there that will offer to do 10 posts for $1 etc.
      That can really harm your forum. NEVER do that!People aren't stupid. When they start seeing about 20 people only making 10 posts then never returning they will notice somethings up. When they feel that members are bots or paid people they will most likely leave. Who the hell wants to get into discussions with "fakes"? Members want to have REAL discussions and get to know each other.In my experience I have found that this can really hurt a forums reputation.

      What CAN you DO!

      Free option
      1.Promote your EVENT-on facebook,twitter,signature file,blog,... HOW?

      If people don't know about your forum and competition, then hardly anyone will participate. Put all you can into word of mouth, links etc. you can even try contacting other webmasters to see if they will help advertise the competition on their sites, linking to yours!

      One great competition I have found is to do it based on referrals. The member who gets the most of his friends to join up and get posting will win a prize. PayPal cash, eBay items, or coupons all work great. Be creative and see what you can come up with!
      *Go to fiverr site and buy for $5 a prize - 1000 signups to winners facebook account or you tube account, be creative. It will go viral.
      Have a dead line..15 days time ..give it some time to go viral, OK. The key is to over deliver,make it really special.Search for other sweepstakes to learn how to do it well. Submit your sweepstake to sweepstake directory.You will get a ton of people on your site.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6526528].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author fire3fly
    I have been using free traffic strategies forever, and it takes a lot of time. I might just try cheap traffic thanks Kat!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6526538].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author themanflint
      Don't bother, adfly sucks, full of freeby hunters.

      Ps, I make money of adfly

      The traffic i send them is worthless
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6527465].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author greenowl123
    I was getting traffic from SEO before the Penguin update when most of my blogs had good position in the SERPs. Now I am using adf.ly and other cheap paid traffic. I am also using free classifieds on CL, Backpage, OLX, and others free ad sites.

    Buying cheap traffic is the easy part, but getting it to convert into profit is the tricky part.

    Good thread ! Thanks
    Signature
    Free 40-page eBook "How To Earn With CPA Offers"
    + 14 Free Traffic Training Videos -
    Click here now. (no opt-in required)

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6527467].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Randall Magwood
    No matter where you advertise, it has to make money for you. Sure you could sign up to a site like TrafficSwarm, and advertise on there, and get ALOT of hits... but if you do this and make $0... what's the point? Always track and test your results, and guess what?.... free marketing DOES work.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6527591].message }}

Trending Topics