Does Ezinearticles accept .tk domains?

7 replies
Does ezinarticles accept .tk domains when you do a redirect to a clickbank product or any other affiliate network?
#accept #domains #ezinearticles
  • Profile picture of the author Alexa Smith
    Banned
    Originally Posted by ejoka1986 View Post

    Does ezinarticles accept .tk domains when you do a redirect to a clickbank product
    It doesn't actually matter, because (re)direct-linking from Ezine Articles to hoplinks hardly makes any sales anyway, for all the reasons explained here (and then some): http://www.warriorforum.com/main-int...ml#post5210243

    And even if it did, it still wouldn't be a wise way to try to sell them, anyway: sending a visitor directly to an offer, overall, will typically produce something between 5% and 10% (maybe less!) of the income that list-building from the same traffic can produce, for a whole variety of different reasons.

    Very few people buy at their first visit to a site/sales page, and you need to prompt them to return, to get the majority of the sales. Difficult to do that, without opting them in.

    You also make far more sales by email communications, because you have the chance to build relationships and establish credibility. What typically sells affiliate products is the strength of your recommendation. Again, very difficult to have much of one at all, without a list.

    You can also have a sales funnel, with a list, and make repeated sales to the same customers over and over again.

    If you take a look through all the threads here with titles like "What Do You Wish You'd Done Differently At The Start?" and "How Would You Re-start Tomorrow?" and "What Do You Know Now That You Wish You'd Known Originally?" and so on. There are about 100 of them! All the Warriors who are making a living as affiliate marketers are wisely giving the same answer: "Start building lists on day 1". There are reasons for that.

    However, to answer your question, EZA will allow redirecting via any top-level domain. They don't like it, but they certainly used to allow it, and I've seen .tk domains used there in article resource-boxes. I wish you good luck, if trying this, but I strongly advise you to reconsider it.

    This thread may also help/interest you: http://www.warriorforum.com/main-int...ml#post5068872
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6553137].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author ejoka1986
      Originally Posted by Alexa Smith View Post

      It doesn't actually matter, because (re)direct-linking from Ezine Articles to hoplinks hardly makes any sales anyway, for all the reasons explained here (and then some): http://www.warriorforum.com/main-int...ml#post5210243

      And even if it did, it still wouldn't be a wise way to try to sell them, anyway: sending a visitor directly to an offer, overall, will typically produce something between 5% and 10% (maybe less!) of the income that list-building from the same traffic can produce, for a whole variety of different reasons.

      Very few people buy at their first visit to a site/sales page, and you need to prompt them to return, to get the majority of the sales. Difficult to do that, without opting them in.

      You also make far more sales by email communications, because you have the chance to build relationships and establish credibility. What typically sells affiliate products is the strength of your recommendation. Again, very difficult to have much of one at all, without a list.

      You can also have a sales funnel, with a list, and make repeated sales to the same customers over and over again.

      If you take a look through all the threads here with titles like "What Do You Wish You'd Done Differently At The Start?" and "How Would You Re-start Tomorrow?" and "What Do You Know Now That You Wish You'd Known Originally?" and so on. There are about 100 of them! All the Warriors who are making a living as affiliate marketers are wisely giving the same answer: "Start building lists on day 1". There are reasons for that.

      However, to answer your question, EZA will allow redirecting via any top-level domain. They don't like it, but they certainly used to allow it, and I've seen .tk domains used there in article resource-boxes. I wish you good luck, if trying this, but I strongly advise you to reconsider it.

      This thread may also help/interest you: http://www.warriorforum.com/main-int...ml#post5068872

      Thanks Alexa, sometimes I so wish I had you as my mentor, you always give me so much to learn, I have been struggling so much as an affiliate, have always been making little with it to the point that now I am dead broke
      and have so much bills to pay! I guess its my rush to quick sales that is driving me now!!!

      But again, thank you for the tip!
      Signature

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6558888].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Kristabelle
    Good advice Alexa.
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6553147].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ejoka1986
    What about if I have a site with a .tk extension, does Google dislike that extension? Like it will be difficult or next to impossible to rank a site like that?
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6558924].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Alexa Smith
      Banned
      Originally Posted by ejoka1986 View Post

      What about if I have a site with a .tk extension, does Google dislike that extension? Like it will be difficult or next to impossible to rank a site like that?
      It'll rank well in Tokelau.

      It's a geo-targeted extension, but not one of the three geo-targeted ones which now rank on equal terms with the international top-level domains.

      So, yes, I'm afraid it does have a disadvantage for ranking, compared with any of those things like .com/.org/.info/.me/.co/.tv and so on, all of which Google has now stated so repeatedly and publicly are exactly the same as each other for all SEO/ranking purposes.

      That's not to say that it's impossible to rank it, of course, but it is disadvantaged for ranking on google.com, and nobody can tell you factually to what extent (it's one of those things about which many people have their own opinions, typically formed on the basis of their own experiences which are generally very limited, and however strongly held and expressed their opinions are, they don't really know).

      Suggestion: if you can find a way to come up with a .info domain-name (typically $2.99/$3.99, depending on where you register), those rank exactly the same as any other top level domain (such as a .com), and you'd be much better off that way, simply by not having to worry about it.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6559243].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author ejoka1986
        Originally Posted by Alexa Smith View Post

        It'll rank well in Tokelau.

        It's a geo-targeted extension, but not one of the three geo-targeted ones which now rank on equal terms with the international top-level domains.

        So, yes, I'm afraid it does have a disadvantage for ranking, compared with any of those things like .com/.org/.info/.me/.co/.tv and so on, all of which Google has now stated so repeatedly and publicly are exactly the same as each other for all SEO/ranking purposes.

        That's not to say that it's impossible to rank it, of course, but it is disadvantaged for ranking on google.com, and nobody can tell you factually to what extent (it's one of those things about which many people have their own opinions, typically formed on the basis of their own experiences which are generally very limited, and however strongly held and expressed their opinions are, they don't really know).

        Suggestion: if you can find a way to come up with a .info domain-name (typically $2.99/$3.99, depending on where you register), those rank exactly the same as any other top level domain (such as a .com), and you'd be much better off that way, simply by not having to worry about it.

        Thanks again Alexa!
        Signature

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6565369].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author chykee
    Alex Smith, you really know what you are saying. I would agree with him.
    Signature

    Read the forum rules! And STOP posting nonsense one-liners, before you lose your account.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6559482].message }}

Trending Topics