Tweak an article and post across article sites, good or bad?

8 replies
Hi WF

If you write an article and post it on EzineArticles, GoArticles and ArticlesBase only and tweak the content slightly, is this a good article marketing technique on a daily occurence or pointless? Or should i be including other sites or just focus on one?

I dont publish my articles on my own site as i write about different topics so some of them wont be relevant to my niche or does this not matter?

Just so i know if i should stop before ive really got into it :confused:
#article #article marketing advice #bad #good #post #sites #tweak
  • Profile picture of the author imgeek2727
    The Duplicate content penalty is very real. What you are describing is very similar to spinning content. According to many SEO consultants, spun content is looked upon with heightened suspicion by Google. I wouldn't risk it.

    Instead, I'd focus on having my target audience LINK TO ME on their own through link bait articles. There are many ways to write these besides trolling.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6580721].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Litherland
    Would you write one article for each of those websites and make them completely different?

    I have my details in the sig on the websites which is how customers come through if they are interested in the site is that right?

    How can you potentially encourage people to link to you without spamming anything , is it just a case that they have enjoyed it and interested in what you publish?

    thank you
    Signature
    www.mywillsuk.co.uk UK Will Writing Service
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6580730].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author imgeek2727
      Originally Posted by Litherland View Post

      Would you write one article for each of those websites and make them completely different?

      I have my details in the sig on the websites which is how customers come through if they are interested in the site is that right?

      How can you potentially encourage people to link to you without spamming anything , is it just a case that they have enjoyed it and interested in what you publish?

      thank you
      I don't want to give away my "secret sauce" when it comes to writing link bait but I am sure you can come up with variations to my method just by doing simple blog searches. It is not that complicated.

      It all boils down to getting into the head of people in your target market and giving them enough textual cues to link back to you. Appeals to emotion work. Taking a provocative stance regarding a particular topic is another. The only limit is your imagination. Of course, you have to tweak your method based on the results you're getting.

      Don't expect to hit the ball out of the park the first time you roll up to the plate. It takes practice.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6580750].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author abugah
    Originally Posted by Litherland View Post

    Hi WF

    If you write an article and post it on EzineArticles, GoArticles and ArticlesBase only and tweak the content slightly, is this a good article marketing technique on a daily occurence or pointless? Or should i be including other sites or just focus on one?

    I dont publish my articles on my own site as i write about different topics so some of them wont be relevant to my niche or does this not matter?

    Just so i know if i should stop before ive really got into it :confused:
    I believe if you have patience, you can test different directories to see what generates the most traffic. And then write original articles for those directories- sounds like a lot of work.

    I have tested one article in 10 directories and realized that I hardly got 15 views on 3 directories while on one directory I got me 77 views.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6581099].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author RD Phoenix
    Or you can play the numbers game and automate it but with high quality spinning.
    All can be outsourced...the spinning and the use of automation by using fiverr.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6581195].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Alexa Smith
    Banned
    Originally Posted by Litherland View Post

    If you write an article and post it on EzineArticles, GoArticles and ArticlesBase only and tweak the content slightly, is this a good article marketing technique on a daily occurence or pointless?
    Not only isn't it a "good article marketing technique" but it isn't actually an "article marketing technique" at all. I think you're confusing article marketing with "article directory marketing".

    Originally Posted by Litherland View Post

    I dont publish my articles on my own site as i write about different topics so some of them wont be relevant to my niche or does this not matter?
    No, it doesn't matter.

    You need to change that, and post all your articles on your own site and have them indexed there before submitting them anywhere else, even if you don't publish them "prominently" and even if you're doing it only for SEO reasons. This is absolutely fundamental to any model of article marketing.

    This thread explains succinctly (see posts #2 and #6): http://www.warriorforum.com/main-int...ml#post5068872

    And when you have time to read more, if you look at this thread, you'll see a whole succession of professional, successful article marketers explaining at length and in detail all their shared reasons for not giving article directories previously unpublished content: http://www.warriorforum.com/main-int...eza-first.html

    Article directories don't require previously unpublished content.

    If you hear people talking about what they imagine to be a "duplicate content penalty", in this context, I urge you not only to ignore them on that point, but to ignore any other information about this subject which they may also offer you, because their "information" (just like some of what's above, in this thread!) may well all come from the Urban Myth School of Internet Marketing.

    They usually confuse "duplicate content" with "syndicated content" because they don't quite understand that "duplicate content" refers to multiple copies of text-files within one domain, and they haven't ever read Google's WebMaster Central Blog and seen the words "Duplicate content doesn’t cause your site to be penalized". :rolleyes: :p

    The difference is explained here: Article Marketers – Lay the Duplicate Content Myth To Rest Once and For All - Internet Marketing and Publishing Blog

    There were also two threads started here only yesterday which can help you quite a bit. Here they are ...

    http://www.warriorforum.com/main-int...marketing.html

    http://www.warriorforum.com/main-int...ndication.html
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6581250].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Litherland
      Originally Posted by Alexa Smith View Post


      You need to change that, and post all your articles on your own site and have them indexed there before submitting them anywhere else, even if you don't publish them "prominently" and even if you're doing it only for SEO reasons. This is absolutely fundamental to any model of article marketing.

      thank you. I need to look into how to index my articles onto my website, build them into my dreamweaver website.
      Signature
      www.mywillsuk.co.uk UK Will Writing Service
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6581366].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author JohnMcCabe
        Originally Posted by abugah View Post

        I believe if you have patience, you can test different directories to see what generates the most traffic. And then write original articles for those directories- sounds like a lot of work.

        I have tested one article in 10 directories and realized that I hardly got 15 views on 3 directories while on one directory I got me 77 views.
        No offense intended, but even 77 views from a good article is chump change.

        Having that same article appear on a popular blog or ezine with a big audience could easily tack another zero (or two) onto those numbers.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6581870].message }}

Trending Topics