Would you pay $500 for 100 articles?

by digimix 74 replies
I need to get some feedback for a service I am considering. I found an article writing service that operates like a membership site charging $500 per month and they in turn write 100 brand new articles for you each month on any niche or topic of your choice. I have seen some of their work and the quality is really top notch, well written English.

So what I am asking is how many of you would pay for a service like that?
Let me know, please.
#main internet marketing discussion forum #$500 #100 #articles #pay
Avatar of Unregistered
  • Profile picture of the author Joseph Robinson
    In the IM niche, that is unfortunately about the norm as far as pricing goes: $5 an article. Do I think a ton of people will place orders for 100 articles a month? Not likely. They're looking for articles that cheap in the first place because they don't have a budget for writing or they completely undervalue it. Most of these "businesses" burn out before they could even make use of the first 100 articles anyways.

    Ask around, $5 article writers find themselves constantly looking for new clients because their current ones disappear or fail in their business. I'd recommend against offering the service at that price point.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6595022].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Sheryl Polomka
    $5 an article is a reasonable price, although I don't know how many people would be willing to spend $500 a month.

    Are these unique articles or would they be 100 PLR articles?
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6595052].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author digimix
      Originally Posted by Sheryl Polomka View Post

      ..........Are these unique articles or would they be 100 PLR articles?

      They are all unique articles
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6595065].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Joseph Robinson
      Originally Posted by Sheryl Polomka View Post

      $5 an article is a reasonable price
      One of these days, we're taking the WF on a field trip to all the other places writers can pick up work. When they see $3.00 per word writers, I expect close to 500k jaws to collectively drop :rolleyes:.

      although i actually can write a pretty decent article when i put my mind to it
      I hope you capitalize the letter "i" in them .
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6595118].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author marketinguk
        Yeah, some of the buyers in this forum seriously devalue good article writers and what they can bring to the table for their own businesses. Having said that i think the writers themselves here are also their own worst enemy, as they choose to price it that low.
        Originally Posted by Joe Robinson View Post

        One of these days, we're taking the WF on a field trip to all the other places writers can pick up work. When they see $3.00 per word writers, I expect close to 500k jaws to collectively drop :rolleyes:.

        I hope you capitalize the letter "i" in them .
        Fair comment Joe, i should have reviewed my work before submitting it LOL.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6595161].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Alexa Smith
    Banned
    Originally Posted by digimix View Post

    Would you pay $500 for 100 articles?
    No.

    Very few people will, and there are reasons for that.

    Most customers who are in the market for $5 articles don't have $500 per month available to lay out for any sort of service at all. (And there are reasons for that, too!)
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6595054].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author goindeep
      It depends on the content I guess.

      I have a writing service that is not cheap but also not too expensive.

      Quality over quantity I guess.

      More and more people are leaning towards quality stuff over worthless articles.

      I wouldn't pay for it unless it was a pretty sweet deal with great content.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6595073].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author theultimate1
      Originally Posted by Alexa Smith View Post

      No.

      Very few people will, and there are reasons for that.

      Most customers who are in the market for $5 articles don't have $500 per month available to lay out for any sort of service at all. (And there are reasons for that, too!)
      Satire at its best... if one so wishes to perceive Alexa's post. :p
      Signature
      If Content Is Your King, Then This GhostRider.. err.. GhostWriter Is Your Knight!
      My Sample Articles
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6595365].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author MissTerraK
        To answer you question, no, I would never pay $500 for 100 articles period!

        Being a writer myself, and having never written an article for that pittance, I certainly wouldn't want to encourage any other writer to devalue themselves in that way.

        Secondly, with this being a membership site, I think the owner of it is in it for the money with no concern for the members or the people who actually do the writing. How much could these writers possibly make out of that 5 bucks? I liken it to the equivalent of a slave labor camp or sweat shop.

        These are my thoughts on the whole thing, for whatever it's worth.

        Terra
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6595491].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Alexa Smith
        Banned
        Originally Posted by theultimate1 View Post

        Satire at its best... if one so wishes to perceive Alexa's post. :p
        Thank you (I think ...).

        No satire was intended! I was actually trying to make a serious, literal point.

        There's a big market for "1 article for $5". (There are perhaps nearly as many as service-providers as customers in that market, but still, it's a big market).

        There's a small market for "10 articles for $50".

        There isn't a reliable market at all for "100 articles for $500 every month", because people whose businesses are producing a profit of $500 per month are among the minority who already understand that that's a crazy way to try to build a business.

        More or less by definition, the only people who imagine that can possibly work are people with no money to spend.

        That's why a business which depends for its own success on the model of repeatedly selling numbers of people 100 articles each, per month, for $500, is an absolute non-starter: it won't even get off the ground, let alone fly. Nobody needs 100 articles every month. I'm involved in 8 different, unrelated niches in my affiliate marketing business, and a grand total of 24 articles per month (which, as it happens, I write myself, though that doesn't actually matter to the point I'm making here) covers all my content needs and keeps me working full-time getting them in front of targeted traffic. People who imagine that they need 100 articles per month aren't making a living in the first place, so how are they going to sign up for $500 per month?
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6595536].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author theultimate1
          Originally Posted by Alexa Smith View Post

          Thank you (I think ...).

          No satire was intended! I was actually trying to make a serious, literal point.

          There's a big market for "1 article for $5". (There are perhaps nearly as many as service-providers as customers in that market, but still, it's a big market).

          There's a small market for "10 articles for $50".

          There isn't a reliable market at all for "100 articles for $500 every month", because people whose businesses are producing a profit of $500 per month are among the minority who already understand that that's a crazy way to try to build a business.

          More or less by definition, the only people who imagine that can possibly work are people with no money to spend.

          That's why a business which depends for its own success on the model of repeatedly selling numbers of people 100 articles each, per month, for $500, is an absolute non-starter: it won't even get off the ground, let alone fly. Nobody needs 100 articles every month. I'm involved in 8 different, unrelated niches in my affiliate marketing business, and a grand total of 24 articles per month (which, as it happens, I write myself, though that doesn't actually matter to the point I'm making here) covers all my content needs and keeps me working full-time getting them in front of targeted traffic. People who imagine that they need 100 articles per month aren't making a living in the first place, so how are they going to sign up for $500 per month?
          Ya know... they say that I have this gifted knack of getting things out loud and clear. My previous post, ladies and gentlemen, is living proof of that! :p [Right, I'm actually saving face. No offence meant there, Alexa. I was just in a good mood for gags, I guess!?!]

          @OP: I think this post from Alexa should tell you why your idea might be worth a second look. Modify it to maybe 10 top-quality niche articles a month for $67. There, I got you $17 extra in your pocket. Quality still comes at a price.
          Signature
          If Content Is Your King, Then This GhostRider.. err.. GhostWriter Is Your Knight!
          My Sample Articles
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6595628].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Adrian98
    Banned
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6595080].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author digimix
      Originally Posted by Adrian98 View Post

      Well , If you are getting top notch quality article , there is not any problem for paying $5 for each article ,Unless every article is below 300 word! Thanks
      They are 500 word unique articles.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6595095].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author marketinguk
      I don't agree with that, $5 an article is way too cheap in my eyes. Which writer with any decent standing or feedback would write an article for that amount?
      I am not into article writing myself (although i actually can write a pretty decent article when I put my mind to it), and i can tell you i wouldn't do it for that, so why would anyone else half decent in that space do it?
      Joel
      Originally Posted by Adrian98 View Post

      Well , If you are getting top notch quality article , there is not any problem for paying $5 for each article ,Unless every article is below 300 word! Thanks
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6595101].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author TheArticlePros
        Originally Posted by digimix View Post

        So what I am asking is how many of you would pay for a service like that?
        Let me know, please.
        I wouldn't give that service $500 of YOUR money for the articles, let alone my own money. How many people are they employing to write those articles? How many existing subscriptions do they already have? What guarantee do you have that your articles are unique?

        Originally Posted by Sheryl Polomka View Post

        $5 an article is a reasonable price, although I don't know how many people would be willing to spend $500 a month.
        I know a lot of people willing to spend $500 a month on articles, but they're not willing to waste $500 a month on cheap, badly-written articles. I've seen people who are willing to spend $1000/mo on 1 very well-written article because of how much money that 1 article can bring back in the door.

        Articles are an investment; they shouldn't be used as cannon fodder to be randomly launched out onto the Internet to gain the attention of random people using search engines.

        -- j
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6595141].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author digimix
        Originally Posted by Joel Ross View Post

        I don't agree with that, $5 an article is way too cheap in my eyes. Which writer with any decent standing or feedback would write an article for that amount?
        I am not into article writing myself (although i actually can write a pretty decent article when i put my mind to it), and i can tell you i wouldn't do it for that, so why would anyone else half decent in that space do it?
        Joel
        Joel, in your country $500 may be chump change. In mine some university graduates are happy to at least get that per month. This is due to lack of jobs and oppertunities. That is why so many of us migrate to countries like yours where we can make much bigger salaries doing menial tasks.

        So I know many in this part of the world who can write perfect English, high quality researched articles who would be happy to get $5 for their time to write 500 words.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6595149].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Joseph Robinson
          Originally Posted by digimix View Post

          So I know many in this part of the world who can write perfect English, high quality researched articles who would be happy to get $5 for their time to write 500 words.
          And if that's what they have to do, more power to them. But if they really are talented, and not just "I graduated High School, I can write" talented, they would unnecessarily leaving tons of money on the table. By your mindset, all you really need is a job at McDonalds because hey, the cost of living can be covered, right?

          If you have the talent, there is no good reason to relegate yourself to the very shallow, very crowded end of the writers pond.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6595173].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author digimix
            Originally Posted by Joe Robinson View Post

            By your mindset, all you really need is a job at McDonalds because hey, the cost of living can be covered, right?

            The point here is not the Job at McDonalds (McDonalds failed in Jamaica. No one here eats that crap) The point here is while $5 may not do much in London, in Jamaica I can buy dinner. So $500 may mean 100 dinners. These people may figure out a way soon to be doing $10, $50 or $100 articles soon but for now they offer great articles at $5 a pop.

            My concern has been, like many of you pointed out, how many people really have $500 upfront to pay for such? I know it is hard for me and so I can only imagine for others.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6595252].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author Joseph Robinson
              Originally Posted by digimix View Post

              These people may figure out a way soon to be doing $10, $50 or $100 articles soon but for now they offer great articles at $5 a pop.
              It is literally as simple as putting yourself in front of the right customers.

              Originally Posted by digimix View Post

              My concern has been, like many of you pointed out, how many people really have $500 upfront to pay for such? I know it is hard for me and so I can only imagine for others.
              As myself and others have said in this thread, few if any have that budget. Which is why I stand by what I said originally and recommend against going for this service. I guess it won't kill to put $20 into a WFH ad and try, but I would bet against you making your investment back.
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6595264].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author marketinguk
              Originally Posted by digimix View Post

              The point here is not the Job at McDonalds (McDonalds failed in Jamaica. No one here eats that crap) The point here is while $5 may not do much in London, in Jamaica I can buy dinner. So $500 may mean 100 dinners. These people may figure out a way soon to be doing $10, $50 or $100 articles soon but for now they offer great articles at $5 a pop.

              My concern has been, like many of you pointed out, how many people really have $500 upfront to pay for such? I know it is hard for me and so I can only imagine for others.
              Maybe you're paying for more than you can feasibly afford, which you have hinted at more than once here. Why don't you maybe consider lowering the amount of articles you are looking to purchase and then scaling it up from there?
              Joel
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6595272].message }}
            • Hi Digimix,

              Originally Posted by digimix View Post

              My concern has been, like many of you pointed out, how many people really have $500 upfront to pay for such? I know it is hard for me and so I can only imagine for others.
              You're thinking of the target market, if you're asking how many people can afford a $500/month investment. And so:

              Who's your target market - People who'll buy, or people who'll sell such services at the price point you mentioned ($500 for 100 unique 500++-word articles)?

              Let's say you're target market is people who'll buy such content at the price point you mentioned. Could you be targeting people in developed countries with an 8-hour day job that earns them $5000/month, with $500/month to spare (or people with businesses and $50000/month to spend for at least one year on online marketing campaigns), or people in developing countries with an 8-hour day job that earns them $500/month, with $50/month to spare (or people with online businesses and $500/month to spend for at least 3 months on online marketing campaigns)?

              I believe this answers who CAN buy the service, but not who'd BE INTERESTED IN buying the service. So:

              The investment you can afford should not have any substantial effect to your overall financial portfolio, in my opinion. The projections you determine from such an investment should not be detrimental in any way to your overall financial portfolio. What does this mean?

              For instance, if I can get a 2-month RoI from this $1000 2-month investment and a recurring $100/month net profit margin for at least 10 months from a $1000 investment ($500/month x 2-month operations), then that means I'll earn $1000 gross profit margin/year from the $1000 annual investment. This is 100% interest. No bank will give a 100% annual interest rate, even with a time deposit account, and it's only $1000 anyway, so your options are limited. However, you'd need to consider the $500/month investment for 2 months, specifically if you can invest this and lose it without affecting you and your family's (if you have a family) 2-month lifestyle along with the time you'd need to spend. After all:

              Projected Profitability + Risk Management = Projected Profit Margins

              Extensively Researched Profitability Projections + More Efficient Risk Management = More Accurate Profit Margin Projections

              Tested Profitability Projections = Even More Efficient Risk Management = More Accurate Higher Profit Margins

              Monitored and Constantly Improved Systems to Achieve Higher, Extensively Researched Profitability Projections = More Comprehensive and Tested Risk Management = Even Higher and Accurate Profit Margin Projections
              Signature

              We're Using Artificial Intelligence to Empower the Blind - Click HERE to Learn More
              CRAZY $6 SALE! Click HERE to Get 1K Words of Original Content in 36 Hours - GUARANTEED!

              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6624983].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author abugah
    If I had $500 to spend on articles per month, I would look for a top-notch writer to write 20 of them. I would happily pay $25 for each well-researched article of 700-800-words.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6595120].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Tim Franklin
    I agree with the consensus, here unique content is great and while not everyone can write greatly, I encourage my clients to write or learn to write better. When you produce content for your own websites that you are passionate about the difference will stand out.

    As far as paying for unique content at high volume I would say it would have to depend upon the ROI, I mean you have to rate that experience because without real ROI, (return on investment) ranking and popularity means little. The truth about article content services is that most of the clients never see one single penny of return it might be for a number of reasons, from the economy to failure to properly monetize the content to just about any reason you might want to pick out.

    Still sounds interesting would be interested to see how it turns out
    Signature
    Software Development | Applications | OSX | iOS | Android | Cloud Software Engineering |
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6595133].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Anoopchawla
    Unfortunately people who are looking for cheap articles won't pay $500 because they are either on tight budget or looking for some quick articles for something like a micro site.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6595142].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Dealova
    How to make a good article?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6595186].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Joseph Robinson
      Originally Posted by digimix View Post

      I mean "weight loss" might have more buyers than lets say "garden slugs"
      On an IM forum, probably. Seems everyone who comes here starts with weight loss, dog training, or IM/MMO. Of course, if you go to the garden slugs website owners and find that they need content for their site you'll be quite surprised at just how much they are willing to pay for content .

      Originally Posted by Dealova View Post

      How to make a good article?
      1. Read. Read a lot. Read everything you can get your hands on.
      2. Practice. Find bits of writing style that you liked from step 1. Emulate it. Change some things to make your writing style unique and personal.
      3. Buy Turn Words Into Traffic, learn how to properly plan and construct an article.
      4. ???
      5. Profit.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6595224].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Dealova
        thank your opinion,I will try it.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6601368].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Dealova
        Originally Posted by Joe Robinson View Post

        On an IM forum, probably. Seems everyone who comes here starts with weight loss, dog training, or IM/MMO. Of course, if you go to the garden slugs website owners and find that they need content for their site you'll be quite surprised at just how much they are willing to pay for content .



        1. Read. Read a lot. Read everything you can get your hands on.
        2. Practice. Find bits of writing style that you liked from step 1. Emulate it. Change some things to make your writing style unique and personal.
        3. Buy Turn Words Into Traffic, learn how to properly plan and construct an article.
        4. ???
        5. Profit.
        thank, for your suggestion and I will try it
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6601406].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author MarkBradley
    That's about the right price to pay for seo traffic articles. The key is to get a good article submitter. That is what i seem to drop the ball on. Was using UAW for a while but took too long. Mark
    Signature

    Mark Bradley

    I Love Conversion ->> Make your Facbook Pages Convert. Get into the Lab -->> Facebook Conversion Lab

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6595265].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author imgeek2727
    I suppose it depends on what type of articles they are. For keyword sniping shallow content articles that pass copyscape, $500 for 100 500 word articles is actually quite expensive since the base price is .01 USD. This is way more expensive than fiverr gigs advertising 1500 words for $5. With that said, I can't say I am optimistic about the quality of the articles.

    Maybe the best way to analyze this "opportunity" is to focus on ROI and opportunity costs. Will the client get a decent return on his/her investment? Will the amount of money SAVED on .003 to .01 USD per word OUTWEIGH the amount of money LOST due to low content, ineffective SEO copywriting or lack of reader engagement?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6595306].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author cashcow
    I agree with what most everyone else has said.

    I think people that have a $500 monthly budget for articles are looking for something "better" than a $5 article.

    Sure, the writers might have great english skills and put all the commas in the right places but an article worth investing in is a lot more than just a bunch of words on a page.

    It needs to be crafted by someone who knows how to evoke a certain response from the reader whether that be to get them to signup to your list, buy your product or simply be so entertained that they want to come back to the blog over and over to read more posts. Do these $5 articles do that?

    People looking for bargain articles rarely have $500 a month to spend.

    Also, these types of writing farms usually have a high turnover rate and are not reliable as to the quality so, if this is the case, you won't have too many that stay in the membership.

    Lee
    Signature
    Gone Fishing
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6595533].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ELVISTHEPELVIS
    I would think you would run out of topics/ article ideas pretty quickly, so I can't see many people wanting to stay for more than a month.
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6595726].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Cheryl Low
      No, I can't imagine anyone paying $500 a month for 100 articles. Certainly not on a monthly recurring basis.

      I agree with posters who say that $5 per article is too cheap and it devalues the writer's skills - but in countries where even doctors earn less than $1000 a month, there would be many people who would be very happy to write 100 articles a month and get paid $500.

      The point though is not that they get paid $5 per article BUT that they get paid $500 for 100 articles and they are assured of that amount every month. If you were to charge an amount per article, you may or may not find clients for the next 499 within a month so it may not be worth your while but you'd think differently if someone agrees to pay you a fixed amount per month for a fixed amount of work. Writing 100 articles isn't that hard to do and quite a few people in SE Asia, Eastern Europe or South America would find that a very decent income. Their alternative may be to work in another country as domestic help earning much much less than $500 a month.
      Signature

      Affiliate template sites not allowed in sigs.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6595838].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author MissTerraK
        Originally Posted by Cheryl Low View Post

        No, I can't imagine anyone paying $500 a month for 100 articles. Certainly not on a monthly recurring basis.

        I agree with posters who say that $5 per article is too cheap and it devalues the writer's skills - but in countries where even doctors earn less than $1000 a month, there would be many people who would be very happy to write 100 articles a month and get paid $500.

        The point though is not that they get paid $5 per article BUT that they get paid $500 for 100 articles and they are assured of that amount every month. If you were to charge an amount per article, you may or may not find clients for the next 499 within a month so it may not be worth your while but you'd think differently if someone agrees to pay you a fixed amount per month for a fixed amount of work. Writing 100 articles isn't that hard to do and quite a few people in SE Asia, Eastern Europe or South America would find that a very decent income. Their alternative may be to work in another country as domestic help earning much much less than $500 a month.
        The only trouble with this though, is that the writers aren't receiving the $5 per article. The site owner would only give them a cut, otherwise, the site owner wouldn't make any kind of profit and I sincerely believe he himself wouldn't work for free.

        Terra
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6595950].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Cyberdog1
    As a monthly subscription for articles - sure, why not?

    If you have many sites and have the need for cheap articles regularly then I don't see what the problem is.

    Check the quality with some smaller packages first though
    Signature
    Most think that it was God who created man in his own image but it was us who created God in ours.


    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6595851].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author travlinguy
      Originally Posted by Cyberdog1 View Post

      As a monthly subscription for articles - sure, why not?

      If you have many sites and have the need for cheap articles regularly then I don't see what the problem is.

      Check the quality with some smaller packages first though
      The need for cheap articles? Hmmm... How do you operate a successful online business of any kind with cheap articles? As for checking the quality first, there's no need to. Five bucks for an article already tells you what the quality is.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6595877].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Cyberdog1
        Originally Posted by travlinguy View Post

        The need for cheap articles? Hmmm... How do you operate a successful online business of any kind with cheap articles? As for checking the quality first, there's no need to. Five bucks for an article already tells you what the quality is.
        Cheap doesn't always mean bad, my friend.

        Perhaps you have a budget to contend with and time constraints...

        I was getting $5 articles from a guy in indonesia and he was giving me some pretty decent work, sure I may have to change a few things but it's just about finding the right person for that price.

        I'm fully aware of bad articles but best to try a few out to see if you find a cheap writer who 'ain't half bad'.

        The only people putting you off buying cheap articles are the ones selling their own 'skills' for $100 an article :0

        Signature
        Most think that it was God who created man in his own image but it was us who created God in ours.


        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6595901].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Joseph Robinson
          Originally Posted by Cyberdog1 View Post

          The only people putting you off buying cheap articles are the ones selling their own 'skills' for $100 an article :0
          Not really, because those of us charging $100+ for an article already know that those looking for cheap articles couldn't come close to affording us, and nothing we say is going to change that. Part of that is budgetary restraints, part of that is them not knowing how to correctly go about monetizing content, and part of it is that dream that people hang onto that starting and maintaining a business can be done on the cheap.

          If you actually read the posts, us more expensive writers aren't addressing the article buyers, we're addressing the article sellers. Merely opening their eyes to the fact that outside the people who flame out in the IM niche, there is a pretty damn large market of people who pay real money for talented writers. The only people who are against that are struggling marketers who cannot (or will not) properly invest in their business, and they tend to fall beneath the notice of real writers anyways .
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6595941].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author ketset
            Originally Posted by Joe Robinson View Post

            Not really, because those of us charging $100+ for an article already know that those looking for cheap articles couldn't come close to affording us, and nothing we say is going to change that. Part of that is budgetary restraints, part of that is them not knowing how to correctly go about monetizing content, and part of it is that dream that people hang onto that starting and maintaining a business can be done on the cheap.

            If you actually read the posts, us more expensive writers aren't addressing the article buyers, we're addressing the article sellers. Merely opening their eyes to the fact that outside the people who flame out in the IM niche, there is a pretty damn large market of people who pay real money for talented writers. The only people who are against that are struggling marketers who cannot (or will not) properly invest in their business, and they tend to fall beneath the notice of real writers anyways .
            this means that you are saying because I do not pay one hundred dollars for an article that i am not properly investing in my business, i dont understand, This is terrible rubbish, i have had some great articles for a lot less than one hundred dollars. I am not a struggling marketer and I properly invest in my business, i see this to be quite rude actually.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6596063].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Lightlysalted
    It's an interesting concept but I don't think that any seriousness business owner would be prepared to pay $500 up front to an online article content writing service, without first receiving the articles. I would be wary of this. Why not instead try few different article writing services at $5 each and see what they can deliver. You then reduce your risk. For all you know the top notch articles that you've seen may be the only one's that exist.....
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6595926].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Cyberdog1
    Joe, I'm sure there is mate - I am merely expressing an opinion - I thought that's what forums were for - to debate and put forward one's views?

    There's no point in arguing about it I'm merely... in fact I give up...

    I wondered why I didn't miss this forum as much as others (JEEZ), so difficult mate sometimes
    Signature
    Most think that it was God who created man in his own image but it was us who created God in ours.


    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6595977].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author MissTerraK
      Originally Posted by Cyberdog1 View Post

      Joe, I'm sure there is mate - I am merely expressing an opinion - I thought that's what forums were for - to debate and put forward one's views?

      There's no point in arguing about it I'm merely... in fact I give up...

      I wondered why I didn't miss this forum as much as others (JEEZ), so difficult mate sometimes
      In all honesty, I don't believe Joe was trying to be argumentative, just merely explaining the other side of the coin.

      He even used smileys to show he wasn't being snarky or anything. Please don't take offense.

      Terra
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6596038].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Joseph Robinson
      Originally Posted by Cyberdog1 View Post

      Joe, I'm sure there is mate - I am merely expressing an opinion - I thought that's what forums were for - to debate and put forward one's views?

      There's no point in arguing about it I'm merely... in fact I give up...

      I wondered why I didn't miss this forum as much as others (JEEZ), so difficult mate sometimes
      So you want healthy debate...but only if that "debate" involves people agreeing with your POV and nothing else? That's not how a debate or a forum works. That's called a circlejerk.

      Thicken up that skin.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6596049].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Cyberdog1
        Originally Posted by Joe Robinson View Post

        So you want healthy debate...but only if that "debate" involves people agreeing with your POV and nothing else? That's not how a debate or a forum works. That's called a circlejerk.

        Thicken up that skin.
        Joe, Joe, Joe - that's pretty rude my friend

        You write great articles for $100 - I don't doubt that and you certainly won't budge on that, that's your prerogative.

        All I'm saying is that you shouldn't disregard other writers who charge much less for work that is an inferior copy of what you do.

        Not every one needs stunning Joe Robinson written articles for $100 a page - When the time comes I'm sure I'll delve into your skills.

        For submissions, UAW processes and other purposes, a $5 can be just as sufficient.

        As previously mentioned, I have had a writer from Indonesia do some great little articles (not your quality, granted) for $5.

        I'm not asking people to see it from a particular point of view, I just feel that the cheap writers should be given a chance!

        I'm sure you didn't start out at $100 per page?

        Signature
        Most think that it was God who created man in his own image but it was us who created God in ours.


        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6596171].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Joseph Robinson
          Originally Posted by ketset View Post

          This is terrible rubbish, i have had some great articles for a lot less than one hundred dollars.
          I didn't say you had to spend at least $100, now you're reading things that aren't there. But if you're talking $5 articles like the rest of us are, I'd love to be proven wrong .

          Originally Posted by Cyberdog1 View Post

          Joe, Joe, Joe - that's pretty rude my friend
          Feel free to justify that.


          Originally Posted by Cyberdog1 View Post

          You write great articles for $250 - I don't doubt that and you certainly won't budge on that, that's your prerogative.
          Fixed that for you. Don't want people thinking they can get my content for less than it's worth, do we? That would be rude .


          Originally Posted by Cyberdog1 View Post

          All I'm saying is that you shouldn't disregard other writers who charge much less for work that is an inferior copy of what you do.
          I don't disregard them at all. Are you reading what I'm saying? From the post that got you butthurt:

          Merely opening their eyes to the fact that outside the people who flame out in the IM niche, there is a pretty damn large market of people who pay real money for talented writers.
          I don't disregard writers who work at lower prices. I encourage them to charge what they are worth. That will bother IMers who have degraded them down to $.01 per word prices. To be completely honest though, I couldn't care less what that level of article buyer thinks. I'll look out for my fellow writer and that's about it.



          Originally Posted by Cyberdog1 View Post

          Not every one needs stunning Joe Robinson written articles for $100 a page - When the time comes I'm sure I'll delve into your skills.
          If you're trying to build your business on $5 articles, I won't hold my breath. See the reasons mentioned in this thread numerous times to find out why.

          Originally Posted by Cyberdog1 View Post

          For submissions, UAW processes and other purposes, a $5 can be just as sufficient.

          As previously mentioned, I have had a writer from Indonesia do some great little articles (not your quality, granted) for $5.
          You mean activities that aren't real business building practices? The whole backlinking game that keeps getting devalued more and more by Google?



          Originally Posted by Cyberdog1 View Post

          I'm not asking people to see it from a particular point of view, I just feel that the cheap writers should be given a chance!
          You're right. They should be given a chance to earn what they are worth, not work at sweat shop prices based on the promise of "more work down the line" or "higher wages once my business picks up".



          Originally Posted by Cyberdog1 View Post

          I'm sure you didn't start out at $100 per page?
          Nope, and it's exactly how I know the kind of buyer that operates at that level. I speak from experience.

          Now if my first post was rude, I get the feeling this one will have you in tears .
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6596271].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Cyberdog1
            Originally Posted by Joe Robinson View Post

            Feel free to justify that. -
            'Circlejerk' - Look it up

            Now if my first post was rude, I get the feeling this one will have you in tears .
            Floods mate, absolute floods, I can't walk properly now for the pools of tears require me to use the wonder of golf shoes
            Signature
            Most think that it was God who created man in his own image but it was us who created God in ours.


            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6596348].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author BenStevens
    I disagree that people looking for $5 articles don't have $500 to spend. I've spent over $1k in $0.75 articles some months. There are many ways to use an article and not all of them require $0.25/word quality.

    I like the concept behind the service. I especially like that after you've paid that amount it's almost like an allowance and you get to choose what projects get the most articles that month.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6595979].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Spin17
    I wouldn't spent such sum..
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6596039].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author pdrs
    been down that road - thought I could use cheapo articles to test niches and stuff and it did work "sort-of" but definitely wasn't worth the investment in the long-run.

    just build good stuff with good articles, don't go cheap
    Signature
    RemoteControlHelicopterReviews.(com/net) - Up for sale! No reasonable offer refused. Great branding for a super hot niche!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6596084].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author TheWrightWords
    I would look at the end goal, as others have mentioned. Having 5-10 great quality articles is likely more beneficial than having 100 "just ok" ones that retread info found elsewhere, particularly if you have an authority site.
    The problem with hiring writers at such a low rate is you force them to churn out content quickly to earn money, so their primary interest is in typing something readable as quickly as possible -- not researching your topic, not creating a great lede or punchy headline -- just getting words onto the screen as quickly as possible so they can finish one piece and get to the next.
    Then repeating, 100 times.
    At least.
    Want to make 5,000 a month? That's 1,000 articles -- I'd go crazy at 100, I can't imagine trying to churn out 1,000!
    Signature

    Need top quality niche content to keep readers coming back for more? I'll provide 100% original, magazine quality content so you can focus on what you do best!
    PM for samples and rates.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6596211].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Cyberdog1
      Originally Posted by TheWrightWords View Post

      I would look at the end goal, as others have mentioned. Having 5-10 great quality articles is likely more beneficial than having 100 "just ok" ones that retread info found elsewhere, particularly if you have an authority site.
      The problem with hiring writers at such a low rate is you force them to churn out content quickly to earn money, so their primary interest is in typing something readable as quickly as possible -- not researching your topic, not creating a great lede or punchy headline -- just getting words onto the screen as quickly as possible so they can finish one piece and get to the next.
      Then repeating, 100 times.
      At least.
      Want to make 5,000 a month? That's 1,000 articles -- I'd go crazy at 100, I can't imagine trying to churn out 1,000!
      Yes, that is very true, you tend to find the same kind of template, FAQ style, benefits style just been copied in with new info, it works but it's not 100% unique as the more expensive ones should be.

      1000 article would be 30 a day - that's gotta be impossible unless they are plagiarizing from all over the place
      Signature
      Most think that it was God who created man in his own image but it was us who created God in ours.


      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6596245].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author myob
      "Writers, like teeth, are divided into incisors and grinders."
      - Walter Bagehot
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6596249].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Kal Sallam
        Originally Posted by myob View Post

        "Writers, like teeth, are divided into incisors and grinders."
        - Walter Bagehot
        Lol!

        I could imagine Mr. Walter Bagehot is a writer himself?
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6596636].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author myob
          Originally Posted by Kal Sallam View Post

          Lol!

          I could imagine Mr. Walter Bagehot is a writer himself?
          Among other things, Walter Bagehot actually was quite an influential and prolific writer for various periodicals in his day. He was also an early editor for a magazine very dear to my heart - "The Economist".
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6597093].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author faisalmaximus
    In some cases, we should not compromise with the price. Article is most important among those. Let me do some calculation : at $5 per article and writing 100 articles for each client is not possible for a single person. If that is a team then what left for each team member from that $5 amount ? So, I don't think they can provide quality article at that price.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6596377].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author GreenGeek
    Alright, alright. Can anybody post some contact information where can i buy 5$ articles?

    Thanks
    Signature
    Sell Mac Laptop - Sell Apple Laptops, iPads, iPhones and more for cash!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6597169].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author rhinocl
    There is a second reason why people won't buy in that quantity. People expect a certain grade of article. I once subscribed to a content service (it did more than just provide the articles) but I left them quickly. Their samples were decent 'C' grade articles, but what I got was grade D- garbage. People won't trust that the quality will hold on larger lots.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6597311].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Ken Leatherman
    Well! Well! Well!

    I love the spirit of this thread and some of the very well thought out replies. But the best thing about it was a signature of one of the replies. Just had to go over to it and check out what he had to say.

    It was entertaining, informative, showed me a unique form of writing, that you don't see a lot of, and made me want to read even more from the writer.

    There is no question the writer would NOT sale his stuff for $5.00. It was just to darn good IMNSHO. But there is a good market for his style of writing and I'm going to test out his writing for a new site. (BTW you find him in the Warrior For Hire forum).

    Now back to the OP's original question. I do not see myself joining one service for $500.00 a month. Why put all your eggs in one basket. Then if they drop the basket and smash all the eggs where is that going to leave you.

    Spread the money out to several trusted writers on a recurring basis. Build your trust with them and they will build their trust with you. It is a practice I have done over the last 5 years and my business has grown exponentially each year.

    And besides, I'm to darn old to change.

    Ken

    The Old Geezer
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6597846].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Rod Cortez
    Originally Posted by digimix View Post

    I need to get some feedback for a service I am considering. I found an article writing service that operates like a membership site charging $500 per month and they in turn write 100 brand new articles for you each month on any niche or topic of your choice. I have seen some of their work and the quality is really top notch, well written English.

    So what I am asking is how many of you would pay for a service like that?
    Let me know, please.
    Sorry if this has been asked already, but are these original articles or are do they have private label rights shared among other people?

    RoD
    Signature
    "Your personal philosophy is the greatest determining factor in how your life works out."
    - Jim Rohn
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6598392].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author MattSabia
    From what I've seen this sounds like the normal price for individual articles ($5)

    I would try and find someone who would give you a bit of a deal if you need so many. I know it's hard to find, but I have before.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6598676].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author fedor50
    Originally Posted by digimix View Post

    I need to get some feedback for a service I am considering. I found an article writing service that operates like a membership site charging $500 per month and they in turn write 100 brand new articles for you each month on any niche or topic of your choice. I have seen some of their work and the quality is really top notch, well written English.

    So what I am asking is how many of you would pay for a service like that?
    Let me know, please.
    Ever heard the saying that you get what you pay for. Well it's true. Especially when it comes to article writing services. You're paying for quality not junk
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6599553].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author GreenGeek
    Yes, some people will do 5$ for a living and the other for experience. At some point everyone has to start.
    Signature
    Sell Mac Laptop - Sell Apple Laptops, iPads, iPhones and more for cash!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6604440].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author TheBizHelp
    Banned
    I would definitely pay such amount if I look at the strategy that I use to monetize the articles.
    But the problem is that no one will be willing to count a bulk $500 and pay some site that could disappear the next day. So it will be better if they will make that workout gradually and not in bulk.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6604603].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author CMorg
    Originally Posted by digimix View Post

    I need to get some feedback for a service I am considering. I found an article writing service that operates like a membership site charging $500 per month and they in turn write 100 brand new articles for you each month on any niche or topic of your choice. I have seen some of their work and the quality is really top notch, well written English.

    So what I am asking is how many of you would pay for a service like that?
    Let me know, please.
    For $500 a month I would maybe see if the writer would consider a test batch of maybe 10 articles so you can see if the quality of the articles and then you can judge if you are willing to go for the full 100 articles
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6615727].message }}
  • Article creation is a time consuming task, good content creation takes even longer. I would say you need inexpensive article writing until you figure out what works, meaning those in other countries like the OP commented on. Those that work diligently are smart and live to make $500 a month, why not, everyone wins. Then you should mix in your articles with $30+ an article to compare. Sometimes not everyone has the same slang or language ability that say someone in America has, they understand and talk like an American, so it depends also on who your target audience is, but $500 per month for 100 well written articles, could make you thousands, but who knows unless you try.
    Signature
    Conversion Magnet - Instapage Premium accounts for $39/mo, normally $99/mo.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6615794].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author happy2deal
    $500 for 100 articles is a good offer if you just have to publish the article content provided by the client
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6615817].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Alexyew
    Yes I will if the articles are original and have good quality.

    It is cheap for $5 per article.
    Signature
    CPA is all about testing, tracking, determining.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6615822].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author bladening
    I,would,not,pay,a,penny,for,it
    Signature

    Eneltec LED High Bay Lights light/LED factory light/LED warehouse light has been widely used in all places.
    Eneltec led street lights used for Major Road, sub-major road, High Way, Bridge and all kinds of places where the street lights are needed.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6615853].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author MariamN
    I also say that $5 per 500 words unique article is a very good price, I can find many of them on fiverr. But Alexa is right, I cannot pay $500 this months, not the next month and believe I will not be able soon. Or even if I collect $500 I won't be able to collect them every month.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6615883].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Topwriters
    Banned
    High quality articles does not necessarily have to be expensive all the time. Also, not so many people can afford and is willing to pay $500 in one blow for articles alone. People must also be very careful in dealing with providers who asks for big money down.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6624422].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author damasgate
    I don't like the fact that it's a membership. I wouldn't go with it.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6625066].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Langknow
      Instead of spending $500 dollars a month on this service, why not hire you're local high school student for university student who needs a part time job. If quality of the articles is not a big issue, but you're still looking for better than indian english written articles, then I think it's better if you do some interviews and hire a part-time writer locally.

      This way, you can train them and actually teach them how to write the articles you want on a daily basis. You might not get 100 articles each month, but lets say you really put them to work and make them right 2 articles a day, thats about 60 articles a month. And maybe you even forgo the silly 500 words or 1000 word minimum for articles, and let your writer be creative, and add their own personal stories to the articles.

      Then you'll have really unique articles with a voice that are different from generic paraphrased articles.

      Something to think about, especially if you're going to be paying $500 a month .
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6625163].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author yudwill
    Originally Posted by digimix View Post

    I need to get some feedback for a service I am considering. I found an article writing service that operates like a membership site charging $500 per month and they in turn write 100 brand new articles for you each month on any niche or topic of your choice. I have seen some of their work and the quality is really top notch, well written English.

    So what I am asking is how many of you would pay for a service like that?
    Let me know, please.
    i thinks,,. 500$ is expensive for 100 articles
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6627107].message }}
Avatar of Unregistered

Trending Topics