Best Unsubscribe EVER...

by Bearded 43 replies
I just had someone unsub from my list. (this is my IM list)

Here's the reason he gave:

"dont need it anymore i won the F$%KING lotto"

Seriously. Best unsub ever.

Joe
#main internet marketing discussion forum #email marketing #mailing list #unsub reason #unsubscribe
Avatar of Unregistered
  • Profile picture of the author MommyEnterprises
    I am amused with some of the unsubscribe messages I receive as well. That one is pretty good!
    Signature

    Stefani
    Mommy Enterprises
    Helping Moms Make Money At Home $$
    http://www.MommyEnterprises.com

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[54217].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Daniel Molano
    Originally Posted by Bearded View Post

    I just had someone unsub from my list. (this is my IM list)

    Here's the reason he gave:

    "dont need it anymore i won the F$%KING lotto"

    Seriously. Best unsub ever.

    Joe
    Interesting potential costumer if he stays subscribed though! LOL
    Signature
    Como Ganar Dinero Por Internet - Spanish Make Money Online Site

    Daniel Molano
    - LinkedIn Profile
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[54227].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author fredhopkins
    Originally Posted by Bearded View Post

    I just had someone unsub from my list. (this is my IM list)

    Here's the reason he gave:

    "dont need it anymore i won the F$%KING lotto"

    Seriously. Best unsub ever.

    Joe
    Maybe they can be an investor for your business, LOL! (just kidding, of course)
    Signature
    Coming soon to a theater near you. . .
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[54254].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author sparrow
      The unsubscibe reasons do get amusing sometimes

      Ed
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[54324].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author xmx
        That's the funniest I have ever heard of...


        cheers

        Gian
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[54353].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author valerieSONORA
          That's a good one.
          Signature

          siggy taking a break...

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[54413].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Steven Fullman
            My favourite...

            "I never realized you were A MAN. Sorry, but it just doesn't feel right."

            ...from a gardening niche I used to operate in.

            Thing is, I used my REAL name...AND a photo of a MALE gardener twice in the sales copy (...I don't look much like a gardener, so I used a fake photo!)

            I even addressed my autoresponder series using my real name,...and got the unsub about 3 whole weeks into the series

            I still laugh about it now.

            See for yourself...the site no longer exists, so here's the Wayback Machine version...

            Hydroponics Garden - Growing Without Soil - Hydroponics Garden - Growing Without Soil

            (This was a PLR offering from Paul Kleinmeulman, which I changed slightly...it was a pretty good earner at the time)

            Steve
            Signature

            Not promoting right now

            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[54455].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author markaustin
              Originally Posted by Steven Fullman View Post

              "I never realized you were A MAN. Sorry, but it just doesn't feel right."
              That's hilarious!
              Mark
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[54533].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author Jose Delgado
              Originally Posted by Steven Fullman View Post

              My favourite...

              "I never realized you were A MAN. Sorry, but it just doesn't feel right."

              ...from a gardening niche I used to operate in.

              Thing is, I used my REAL name...AND a photo of a MALE gardener twice in the sales copy (...I don't look much like a gardener, so I used a fake photo!)

              I even addressed my autoresponder series using my real name,...and got the unsub about 3 whole weeks into the series

              I still laugh about it now.

              See for yourself...the site no longer exists, so here's the Wayback Machine version...

              Hydroponics Garden - Growing Without Soil - Hydroponics Garden - Growing Without Soil

              (This was a PLR offering from Paul Kleinmeulman, which I changed slightly...it was a pretty good earner at the time)

              Steve
              Lol. Steven, you should have stuck to that fake picture, you wouldn't scare so many customers and warriors anymore.

              and Bearded, email him back and ask how much he won. That is funny.
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[54709].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author Daniel Flower
                Brilliant - thanks for making me smile

                Dan
                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[54726].message }}
                • Profile picture of the author Peggy Baron
                  Hey Daniel,

                  That's one unsub you just can't take personally, can you?!

                  Peggy
                  {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[54809].message }}
                  • Profile picture of the author CIIC
                    Now, what would really be funny is if it was a WSO and someone unsubcribed to Bearded with the "I never realized you were a man" excuse.

                    Actually, there's a good niche target audience right there. Bearded women!

                    Dear Bearded Woman,

                    Has Your Own Son Mistaken You For His Uncle?

                    Are You Sick of Throwing Up Hairballs?
                    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[54868].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author Steven Fullman
                Originally Posted by Jose Delgado View Post

                Lol. Steven, you should have stuck to that fake picture, you wouldn't scare so many customers and warriors anymore.
                ...not a bad strategy...

                Ditch the face. I like it.

                Cheers, Jose
                Signature

                Not promoting right now

                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[54889].message }}
                • Profile picture of the author Jose Delgado
                  Originally Posted by Steven Fullman View Post

                  ...not a bad strategy...

                  Ditch the face. I like it.

                  Cheers, Jose
                  Definitely not bad at all.

                  I recommend you use either a Tiger or a monkey

                  Those 2 work like a charm.

                  :p
                  {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[54895].message }}
                • Profile picture of the author graphicsgenie
                  Originally Posted by Jose Delgado View Post

                  and Bearded, email him back and ask how much he won. That is funny.
                  WARNING! If you email him back after he unsubscribed surely you will be spamming him, he may use his 'now vastly increased resources' to bring you down! BE CAREFUL

                  Thanks
                  {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[54896].message }}
                  • Profile picture of the author Jose Delgado
                    Originally Posted by graphicsgenie View Post

                    WARNING! If you email him back after he unsubscribed surely you will be spamming him, he may use his 'now vastly increased resources' to bring you down! BE CAREFUL

                    Thanks
                    Yeah that is a good point Darren.

                    I guess we'll never know how many millions he won.
                    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[54897].message }}
                  • Profile picture of the author Steven Fullman
                    Originally Posted by graphicsgenie View Post

                    WARNING! If you email him back after he unsubscribed surely you will be spamming him, he may use his 'now vastly increased resources' to bring you down! BE CAREFUL

                    Thanks
                    Sheeit! I was just about to, too!

                    A week on Tuesday, you say...



                    Steve
                    Signature

                    Not promoting right now

                    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[54912].message }}
                  • Profile picture of the author Jelasco
                    Originally Posted by graphicsgenie View Post

                    WARNING! If you email him back after he unsubscribed surely you will be spamming him
                    Thanks
                    Nope, but a common misconception.
                    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[55430].message }}
                    • Profile picture of the author k0zm0zs0ul
                      lmao...too funny!
                      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[55443].message }}
                      • Profile picture of the author alexanderberson
                        LOL too funny!

                        I wish someone would give us list of 10 best unsubscribe lists of msg's
                        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[55454].message }}
                        • Profile picture of the author Bearded
                          Wow. This thread really took off.

                          I didn't mail him back. I'm sure he's to busy counting his money. lol.

                          I worked in Human Resources a long time ago and had someone quit because she had won the lottery.

                          She had won $8000.

                          Nope, that is not a typo. She quit her job because she had won eight thousand dollars.

                          *shaking head*
                          Life changing money, right? Ridiculous. And i'm sure it was like a buck fifty after taxes.
                          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[56187].message }}
                          • Profile picture of the author Shannon Herod
                            I do not read the unsubscribe messages any more. At on time I did, but quickly realized they all said basically the same thing...

                            I will paraphrase a little here...

                            They all basically said. I am an overwhelmed newbie that is trying to learn from 200 different people and I choose to learn from someone else

                            or

                            I am an idiot and cant remember weather I stuck my head uo my own butt or someone else did so I am just going to call you a spammer even though I double opted-in and took your free gift.


                            That of course is paraphrased, but you get the point


                            "dont need it anymore i won the F$%KING lotto"

                            That is good though.
                            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[56213].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author ShayB
                Originally Posted by Jose Delgado View Post

                and Bearded, email him back and ask how much he won. That is funny.
                I worked in Human Resources a long time ago and had someone quit because she had won the lottery.

                She had won $8000.

                Nope, that is not a typo. She quit her job because she had won eight thousand dollars.

                *shaking head*
                Signature
                "Fate protects fools, little children, and ships called Enterprise." ~Commander Riker
                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[55119].message }}
                • Profile picture of the author Jose Delgado
                  I worked in Human Resources a long time ago and had someone quit because she had won the lottery.

                  She had won $8000.

                  Nope, that is not a typo. She quit her job because she had won eight thousand dollars.

                  *shaking head*

                  Now THAT is hilarious!!!!

                  {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[55335].message }}
  • Hmmmm...I take it he's not going to work in IM anymore? :p

    Originally Posted by Bearded View Post

    I just had someone unsub from my list. (this is my IM list)

    Here's the reason he gave:

    "dont need it anymore i won the F$%KING lotto"

    Seriously. Best unsub ever.

    Joe
    Signature
    -----------------------------------------


    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[55134].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Khemal
    Originally Posted by Bearded View Post

    I just had someone unsub from my list. (this is my IM list)

    Here's the reason he gave:

    "dont need it anymore i won the F$%KING lotto"

    Seriously. Best unsub ever.

    Joe
    You should have offered him a 1 Million Dollar One TIme Offer!
    Signature
    "Sorry I didn't get your PM/Email" - Never Again! Click to buzz me anytime!

    Want customers to be able to contact you simply, securely, instantly & intelligently and get notifications via Email, iPhone or Android Apps based on rules YOU set? -> www.BuzzTie.com
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[56243].message }}
Avatar of Unregistered

Trending Topics