22 replies
What is list building? How can we monetize from it?
#building #list
  • Profile picture of the author Romeo90
    In a nutshell, List building is the art of getting people to sign up to your mailing list (of their own free will). Usually you will offer

    You can monetize this by then sending them direct mail as and when - usually offering them more free content, or something they want, whilst also sending them to paid offers/using affiliate links.

    There is plenty of free info on here friend.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6624014].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author banx63
    Building a list is essential for any internet marketing campaign. If you build a good relationship with your list you can sell them products through a good email campaign.


    Posted from Warriorforum.com App for Android
    Signature
    Message me about joining our secret Viral Sites Clan on Facebook (not for newbies)
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6624037].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author retsced
    Email marketing is actually quite simple when we break it down. It looks something like this…

    1) You get permission from a person to join your mailing list in exchange for a valuable gift (eBook, training course, newsletter etc)

    2) They give you their personal information by entering their email address, name and/or phone number into a form situated on your website.

    3) You then send them information related to their interests and ultimately get to promote your business opportunities.

    As long as you provide valuable information that helps your prospects, you will have permission to contact them over and over again for as long as your relationship stays strong and has been built on trust. You have multiple chances of promotion which you cannot get through traditional advertising.
    Signature
    Strong Men and Women put themselves in harms way
    for the freedoms weak people give away for safety
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6624067].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author opportunist86
      Originally Posted by retsced View Post

      Email marketing is actually quite simple when we break it down. It looks something like this...

      1) You get permission from a person to join your mailing list in exchange for a valuable gift (eBook, training course, newsletter etc)

      2) They give you their personal information by entering their email address, name and/or phone number into a form situated on your website.

      3) You then send them information related to their interests and ultimately get to promote your business opportunities.

      As long as you provide valuable information that helps your prospects, you will have permission to contact them over and over again for as long as your relationship stays strong and has been built on trust. You have multiple chances of promotion which you cannot get through traditional advertising.
      Will it not direct my mails to junk/spam folder? Why?
      How to start? I see people use a box on their sites where we have to put our emails before downloading or getting something. How to do all this?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6624905].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author fedor50
    its a list of subscribers who have given you their email and have given you permission to market to them and offer to them advice and value in your chosen niche.the value is you can market to your list again and again
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6624107].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author madchef1962
    retsced gave it away! As long as you build trust, you will have a hungry list of buyers ready to buy what you are selling.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6624174].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Yulia from DNP
    all answers were correct, make sure not to spam away your new costumers ; ), unsubscribe could be painful )))
    Signature

    Yulia borova
    Affiliate Manager | CPA Affiliates Network.
    $50 Signup Bonus – Faster approval for Warrior forum members

    Email: Yulia@DirectNetPartners.com

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6624209].message }}
  • Most of my profits are from the list so in my opinion if you don't build a list you are missing out!
    Signature
    soon people... Relax...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6624781].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author ibuyleads
      I would be intrested in your webinars
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6656339].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Dalchow1
        Providing "value" content is key. As long as you provide value and continue to build a relationship with your list for as long as possible, sales will eventually follow
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6656396].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author DylanC
    In internet marketing terms, list building and email marketing mean almost the same thing.

    List building most of the time means the building of a subscriber list, normally through the giving away of a free gift. This can also be done without the freebie if your website is appealing enough that readers want to subscribe to updates. After which, you will send emails to the subscribers with either information or promotion.

    If your emails contain affiliate links, you will usually earn a commission from products sold. This can be profitable if done right.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6624854].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author DubDubDubDot
    Just don't fall into the hole of having your list be your primary source of sales.

    Most on this forum talk about lists as if they are a necessity, but that's because their websites are lackluster and they need lists to remain in contact with potential customers (since they won't be returning to the site).

    That isn't to say good sites don't build email lists, but it shouldn't be considered a primary source of revenue here in 2012. Lists just don't have the power that they did 10 years ago when "going online" meant checking your email 10 times a day, chatting on AOL/AIM and looking up sites on the dicey Yahoo search engine. Lists in that kind of environment were very powerful tools. The internet is much different now.

    So why have lists remained at the forefront of sales in this corner of the internet?

    The concept of putting up crappy WordPress blogs and building lists was popularized by the "gurus" years ago (and as we all know, they are gods around these parts and what they say is the gospel truth forever and ever). They knew their newbie customer base wasn't technically inclined enough to take the necessary steps to succeed online, so they simplified their courses to cater to the lowest common denominator. Thus, why you hear about WordPress, Aweber and ClickBank so often. That core concept of building around the list and the tools used needed to be newbie friendly to keep refunds down.

    Just kind of putting this into perspective is all...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6625122].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author opportunist86
      Originally Posted by DubDubDubDot View Post

      Just don't fall into the hole of having your list be your primary source of sales.

      Most on this forum talk about lists as if they are a necessity, but that's because their websites are lackluster and they need lists to remain in contact with potential customers (since they won't be returning to the site).

      That isn't to say good sites don't build email lists, but it shouldn't be considered a primary source of revenue here in 2012. Lists just don't have the power that they did 10 years ago when "going online" meant checking your email 10 times a day, chatting on AOL/AIM and looking up sites on the dicey Yahoo search engine. Lists in that kind of environment were very powerful tools. The internet is much different now.

      So why have lists remained at the forefront of sales in this corner of the internet?

      The concept of putting up crappy WordPress blogs and building lists was popularized by the "gurus" years ago (and as we all know, they are gods around these parts and what they say is the gospel truth forever and ever). They knew their newbie customer base wasn't technically inclined enough to take the necessary steps to succeed online, so they simplified their courses to cater to the lowest common denominator. Thus, why you hear about WordPress, Aweber and ClickBank so often. That core concept of building around the list and the tools used needed to be newbie friendly to keep refunds down.

      Just kind of putting this into perspective is all...
      Seems a nice thought. But what are your recommendations then?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6625329].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author DubDubDubDot
        Originally Posted by opportunist86 View Post

        Seems a nice thought. But what are your recommendations then?
        Produce amazing site content, ideally. That's easier said than done, but it's the only true long term plan if you want to achieve sustained success.

        You can still run a list, but I wouldn't put much work into the mailings. They are moreso just a reminder that your great site exists.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6625457].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author larry1113
    Listbuilding is building a list of prospects or customers in a specific market so you can followup, market and give value to them again and again.

    As for building your list. Get a squeeze page up offering a valuable and relevant gift to the market you're targeting.

    Then send traffic to that squeeze page.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6625162].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author cassmc
    They way that you monetize with a list is for the long term not short term. By this I mean that while building your list you are giving. Then once you develop a relationship with the subscriber, and you have gained their trust, then you will be able promote your product. By creating the list in this manner you will have a targeted attentive group of "listeners".
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6655358].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author icoachu
    Too many people (newbies?) confuse LIST BUILDING with PIMPING. People are on your list for a reason--to get REAL VALUE. They aren't there to waste their time looking at garbage. Treat them well and they will treat you well. If you pimp them like confused 18 year old girls at Greyhound bus terminals, they will eventually leave you-some faster than others. Still, they will eventually all leave you or ignore you. The bottomline is TREAT THEM WITH RESPECT. Filter them well and your list will yield gold. In other words, it's all about RELATIONSHIPS.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6655367].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Andrew Lewis
    List building is the process of adding new subscribers to your mailing list.Building an email list is essential. It helps you to build a friendly relationship with your subscribers so that they will begin to know you, like you, trust you and finally they can buy from you and be your loyal customer/follower forever.
    Remember: The subscribers can unsubscribe from your list at any time.So you need to provide some value to them.
    Signature

    Lets work together! :)

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6656291].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author paul nicholls
    if you want to start building a list then you need to find a problem in a profitable niche and offer a solution to that problem in the way of high quality free information

    you then have the option of offering your paid product, if they like your free stuff then they may like be interested in your paid product too

    this is how it works in a nutshell

    paul
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6656421].message }}

Trending Topics