Best Way To Get Affiliates?

by obin94
48 replies
Hey,

So I was wondering how other WSO sellers and product creators get affiliates and if most people actively seek out affiliates or let affiliates come to them?

If you do actively seek out affiliates how do you go about doing it?

Thanks,
Robin Danielsen
#affiliates
  • Profile picture of the author marketinguk
    Hi Robin, if you don't have any experience in product creation then you must try and recruit affiliates, or you will be very inlikely to gain many if any at all. If you have a reputation and a solid email list of subscribers already then it's a different ball game as your name is out there already as hopefully someone who provides value to others.

    Think about it a second from the affiliate's perspective. If you are an unknown quantity and no one knows much about you here or elsewhere then why should they take the risk promoting your product when there are many experienced marketers out there who are tried and tested for creating quality products and can prove they get good EPC's on their launches.

    Thus, it is essential to do anything you can to get affiliates interested in your proposition, especially if you were considering launching a WSO. In my case I have been working hard on launching my first product, and I didn't want to do so until I had been a member here for some time and contributed to the forum and gained friends and JV partners. Even then having said that, it is not the main reason I have done so, as I want to gain friends and contacts outside of product launches. It simply comes down to, I have a good idea that I think an help others in a certain avenue and so have put time and effort into doing so, in as user friendly a manner as I can.

    I know there are many sellers there with 0-20 posts who do well, it's just not the way I would recommend others to go about it. As WillR and others have said here, you should look at this forum as a means to provide value and assistance to others, build relationships with fellow members and only to launch a product almost on the side so to speak, if you feel you really have something worthwhile to offer.

    Once you have gained respect and trust here over some time it is much easier to get affiliates on side I have found, but it still requires hard work and reaching out to others, and even if you have interest in the product you need to follow up with the interested affiliates. In short if you don't actively try and recruit affiliates then you are unlikely to succeed here with your launch.
    "Fail to prepare, prepare to fail".

    Good luck
    Joel
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6631425].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author steve1111
      Hi,

      I quite agree with what you are saying. You have to spend time looking for new people to sign up to your list or make yourself as a bit of a guru in your industry.

      Do not try and sell them anything for at least a month.

      Let them get comfortable with you and what you have to say.

      Building some sort of relationship is the best way to keep your affiliates.

      steve1111
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7196636].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Faisal66
      Originally Posted by Joel Ross View Post

      Hi Robin, if you don't have any experience in product creation then you must try and recruit affiliates, or you will be very inlikely to gain many if any at all. If you have a reputation and a solid email list of subscribers already then it's a different ball game as your name is out there already as hopefully someone who provides value to others.

      Think about it a second from the affiliate's perspective. If you are an unknown quantity and no one knows much about you here or elsewhere then why should they take the risk promoting your product when there are many experienced marketers out there who are tried and tested for creating quality products and can prove they get good EPC's on their launches.

      Thus, it is essential to do anything you can to get affiliates interested in your proposition, especially if you were considering launching a WSO. In my case I have been working hard on launching my first product, and I didn't want to do so until I had been a member here for some time and contributed to the forum and gained friends and JV partners. Even then having said that, it is not the main reason I have done so, as I want to gain friends and contacts outside of product launches. It simply comes down to, I have a good idea that I think an help others in a certain avenue and so have put time and effort into doing so, in as user friendly a manner as I can.

      I know there are many sellers there with 0-20 posts who do well, it's just not the way I would recommend others to go about it. As WillR and others have said here, you should look at this forum as a means to provide value and assistance to others, build relationships with fellow members and only to launch a product almost on the side so to speak, if you feel you really have something worthwhile to offer.

      Once you have gained respect and trust here over some time it is much easier to get affiliates on side I have found, but it still requires hard work and reaching out to others, and even if you have interest in the product you need to follow up with the interested affiliates. In short if you don't actively try and recruit affiliates then you are unlikely to succeed here with your launch.
      "Fail to prepare, prepare to fail".

      Good luck
      Joel
      Thanks for the post Joel
      Signature
      Skype : fas66sky
      Discord : FasF #2567
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7231855].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author rockong
    Depends on your product offering. Joining websites like Clickbank or Plimus can be helpful, but you still have to be active.

    Additionally, you can even join affiliate forums and make some connections that way

    Best of luck!
    Signature

    Are you a SEO company? Make extra money by becoming a white label backlink audits and removals service reseller.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6631447].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author MikeJandM
    Joel,

    Thanks..I was about to post the same question. I'm having a great product being created and will have EPC and conversion #'s after some PPC testing..once they are solid I'm hoping to attract some affiliates to get some traffic going. If I can be helpful to you in any way just reach out
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6631477].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author marketinguk
      Originally Posted by MikeJandM View Post

      Joel,

      Thanks..I was about to post the same question. I'm having a great product being created and will have EPC and conversion #'s after some PPC testing..once they are solid I'm hoping to attract some affiliates to get some traffic going. If I can be helpful to you in any way just reach out
      Hi Mike, thanks for your comment and I wish you good luck with your launch. However, I was only giving my personal example and experience here to help answer the question in the OP. Trying to use this forum as another Clickbank style launch I.E. to rip it for all it's worth and then vanish till the next launch, isn't what this forum's all about or ever what it was meant to be. It's a community of many like minded individuals and should be treated with due respect as a place to network and gain from eachother's strengths. The second people here lose sight of that is the second my respect for them goes downhill at the speed of light.

      Joel
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6631512].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author MikeJandM
        Originally Posted by Joel Ross View Post

        Hi Mike, thanks for your comment and I wish you good luck with your launch. However, I was only giving my personal example and experience here to help answer the question in the OP. Trying to use this forum as another Clickbank style launch I.E. to rip it for all it's worth and then vanish till the next launch, isn't what this forum's all about or ever what it was meant to be. It's a community of many like minded individuals and should be treated with due respect as a place to network and gain from eachother's strengths. The second people here lose sight of that is the second my respect for them goes downhill at the speed of light.

        Joel
        You misread my intention if that was your impression

        Thx
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6631607].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author marketinguk
          Originally Posted by MikeJandM View Post

          You misread my intention if that was your impression

          Thx
          Hi Mike, sorry I think you've misunderstood me, I wasn't referring to you at all and I apologise if it came across that I was having a pop at you, which I certainly wasn't. There are many marketers generally speaking though, who use this forum and Clickbank for example just to get out of it what they can without any interest in giving back. I certainly wasn't referring to you at all, and indeed I wish you all the best with your launch.

          Joel
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6631639].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author MikeJandM
            Originally Posted by Joel Ross View Post

            Hi, sorry I think you've misunderstood me, I wasn't referring to you at all. There are many marketers though who use this forum and Clickbank for example just to get out of it what they can without any interest in giving back. I certainly wasn't referring to you at all, and indeed I wish you all the best with your launch.

            Joel
            Got it, thanks for the best wishes

            Big believer in giving back more than you receive, always pays off.


            Mike
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6631780].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author 0oo0
    I bought a wso last week that goes over this. I have already recruited 20. PM me I can give the link.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6631498].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author canada94
      Recruiting affiliates is the easy bit, it's getting them to convert sales for you that's the challenge.
      Signature

      [B]If you are looking to turn your ebook into an Amazon bestseller,then visit http://babystepspublishinglimited.com,and let me help you

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7197027].message }}
      • True, Kevin.

        I'll only add to say that getting affiliates is easy if the front end work is done well and can attract affiliates. But you're right though.

        I'd attract some affiliates of my own if iDevAffiliate had better support and I could get my work done. But that's another thread.... :\

        lol
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7197313].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author brentb
        Originally Posted by canada94 View Post

        Recruiting affiliates is the easy bit, it's getting them to convert sales for you that's the challenge.
        Yeah most of the affiliates you get are the people who post these kind of threads on warrior forum.

        HELP! I NEED TO MAKE $100 fast, how to do it? Should I make SEO or an email list? Thanks Im Noob!

        Then someone responds in their thread and tells them to try being an affiliate and they happen to sign up for YOUR program! LOL!
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7197500].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author talfighel
    I am going to share with you something I learned from Ewen Chia who is one of the most successful internet marketers in the world. I got this from his book.

    In your affiliate program, once you get a customer, give them a chance to join your affiliate program right after you get them in as a customer. This is very true when it comes to money making opportunities online.

    All those guys and ladies who have 100's and 1000's of affiliates, this is the way they did it.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6631636].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author marketinguk
      Originally Posted by talfighel View Post

      I am going to share with you something I learned from Ewen Chia who is one of the most successful internet marketers in the world. I got this from his book.

      In your affiliate program, once you get a customer, give them a chance to join your affiliate program right after you get them in as a customer. This is very true when it comes to money making opportunities online.

      All those guys and ladies who have 100's and 1000's of affiliates, this is the way they did it.
      Thanks for the great tip from Ewan. All I would add to that is that first you need to get affiliates to back you and promote your product, so people need to know how to approach this, which is what I have spoken about in my above post. Thus, my points are referring to pre launch and Ewan's tip is to be utilised post launch.

      Joel
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6631677].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Thomas W
    The first thing is you have to be active in a community weather it's WF or some other group. Talk to lots of people and become friends with many other marketers.

    It takes a special person with "Leadership" qualities to help properly promote a product. If your not that kind of person than you should JV with someone that is
    Signature

    Established webmaster since 1998. Bought my first domain name for $70 and had to pay $1000 a month for hosting. It was the good life

    Skype: twool9
    Email me at thomasw9 ((((a)))) G mail

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6632434].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author andreabolder
    “How do I build an army of affiliates that will want to promote my eBook?”

    Here are the 3 steps:

    01. offer an awesome product that affiliates want to promote
    02. build an affiliate program that comes with useful sales tools (i.e. banners, email swipe files, product reviews, text links, email messages, blog posts, a killer sales page, product affiliates can use to attract leads, tc.)
    03. Actively recruit a large # of affiliates by using clickbank, leveraging social media, your email list, and industry associates.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6632889].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author obin94
    Thank you everyone for all the help!

    It seems like the overall consensus is to really make the connections necessary just by being active in various forums and get the affiliates from these connections.

    I was wondering, however, if anyone has used a JV Broker and how that worked out for them.

    Thanks
    Robin Danielsen
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6633834].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author icoachu
    I have a yahoogroup of over 4000 people looking for online opportunities. You can generate such a list too. The key is to keep advertising and give them a reason to sign up.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6633903].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ryanmilligan
    Banned
    An awesome product - a 100% comission rate always help to.

    Holding sweet little competitions for your affilates.

    The top sellers get such and such, might be money or tickets to go see something.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6633913].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jucbad
    Originally Posted by obin94 View Post

    Hey,

    So I was wondering how other WSO sellers and product creators get affiliates and if most people actively seek out affiliates or let affiliates come to them?

    If you do actively seek out affiliates how do you go about doing it?

    Thanks,
    Robin Danielsen
    One effective way to recruit affiliates is by using offliner marketing.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6633952].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author obin94
      Originally Posted by jucbad View Post

      One effective way to recruit affiliates is by using offliner marketing.
      Hey,

      How do you do offliner marketing for affiliate recruitment?

      Thanks
      Robin Danielsen
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6634105].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author brentb
        Just a note, this was all geared towards super-affiliate level guys & networks... I don't know much about working with small affiliates to be honest.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6634342].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author brentb
    1. Get some test data so you can show good results... epc etc... prove it backs out well.

    2. Make different landing pages, banners, email creatives etc... everyone likes something different and no affiliate cares what you like or thinks works best! lol

    3. Search for affiliates websites, all the big guys have one. Then just call them! Don't email unless you cannot get a number or cannot get through to them.

    - When talking to them, don't be afraid to joke around, half of them will swear and say all sorts of things because they make a ton of money, many sit around at home and play video games, hang with family, wear pajamas all day and eat ramen, are college kids, seriously they come from all walks of life... BUT the other half will have office space and secretaries and the like, so try and feel out which camp they are from. Being someone they like is JUST as important as having a good offer. There are many good offers, why should they choose yours? Because you are their buddy ol pal! That's why!

    4. Lastly, if all else fails, offer pre-payment... all affiliates go for that! Just make sure you deal with reputable people and sign papers! Don't spend money you can't afford to lose! Some affiliates WILL screw you over if you deal with enough, you WILL hit a bad apple eventually, especially if you are paying up front. So keep that in mind.

    ALSO: Side note, be very firm with what traffic you will accept and what countries you accept etc. Some affiliates will try to squeeze you till you are unprofitable, they don't care. So know what details you will not bend on and know the limit on any latitude you are willing to negotiate. Feel free to play hard ball though and tell them, you already have someone running way better traffic and you just want to give them a shot because you heard they were great, otherwise you wouldn't have bothered. OR other similar things if they start to get out of line with their requests. Don't seem needy.

    Hope that all helped!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6634311].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author obin94
      Originally Posted by brentb View Post

      1. Get some test data so you can show good results... epc etc... prove it backs out well.

      2. Make different landing pages, banners, email creatives etc... everyone likes something different and no affiliate cares what you like or thinks works best! lol

      3. Search for affiliates websites, all the big guys have one. Then just call them! Don't email unless you cannot get a number or cannot get through to them.

      - When talking to them, don't be afraid to joke around, half of them will swear and say all sorts of things because they make a ton of money, many sit around at home and play video games, hang with family, wear pajamas all day and eat ramen, are college kids, seriously they come from all walks of life... BUT the other half will have office space and secretaries and the like, so try and feel out which camp they are from. Being someone they like is JUST as important as having a good offer. There are many good offers, why should they choose yours? Because you are their buddy ol pal! That's why!

      4. Lastly, if all else fails, offer pre-payment... all affiliates go for that! Just make sure you deal with reputable people and sign papers! Don't spend money you can't afford to lose! Some affiliates WILL screw you over if you deal with enough, you WILL hit a bad apple eventually, especially if you are paying up front. So keep that in mind.

      ALSO: Side note, be very firm with what traffic you will accept and what countries you accept etc. Some affiliates will try to squeeze you till you are unprofitable, they don't care. So know what details you will not bend on and know the limit on any latitude you are willing to negotiate. Feel free to play hard ball though and tell them, you already have someone running way better traffic and you just want to give them a shot because you heard they were great, otherwise you wouldn't have bothered. OR other similar things if they start to get out of line with their requests. Don't seem needy.

      Hope that all helped!
      Thanks for the advice! I will definitely give it a try.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6636782].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Mark Hess
    Robin, if you plan on listing it as a WSO, don't really mention anything specific to affiliates about the product or give them access. They will leave positive reviews on the front page of your thread anyway to drive sales. So that would be a waste of time...

    This is no longer just 'listing your product in the WSO section of the forum'...

    You're LAUNCHING... it needs to be a big extravagant event that takes weeks/months to plan.

    Here's the way it's commonly done these days:

    1) Pre-Pre-Pre-Pre-Launch Mode: send PM's to everyone you think has a list saying you're in 'product development' mode and should be done with it in a few weeks. (Buy one of their products first so they feel obligated)

    2) Pre-Pre-Pre-Launch Mode: follow up with the people you PM'ed, tell them the product is done, you'd love to have them onboard, and there will be more details shortly.

    3) Pre-Pre-Launch Mode: set a date for the 'launch' and a specific time when the thread will go live. Setup your JV page, get in Skype groups and Facebook groups and tell EVERYONE about it. This is also where you announce the contest (you're going to need one of those) Here are some suggestions for prizes:
    • A minimum of $20,000 in cash prizes
    • A space shuttle
    • 3 days do anything you want with prostitutes in Vegas (all expenses paid)
    • A car (hot rod, vintage, or exotic)
    • TV's and/or Jewelry
    • A memory foam mattress
    Affiliates get 100% of the frontend dimesale (which contains at the most a 10-15 page PDF throwing out general statements and talking about the OTO's) and 60-100% of your 4 OTO's

    4) Pre-Launch - You list it, but no one can buy yet, it goes live tomorrow build a small list.

    This will get you affiliates...

    (of course I'm joking, but sometimes there's more truth in jest )

    ------------
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6636886].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author obin94
      Originally Posted by Mark Hess View Post

      Robin, if you plan on listing it as a WSO, don't really mention anything specific to affiliates about the product or give them access. They will leave positive reviews on the front page of your thread anyway to drive sales. So that would be a waste of time...

      This is no longer just 'listing your product in the WSO section of the forum'...

      You're LAUNCHING... it needs to be a big extravagant event that takes weeks/months to plan.

      Here's the way it's commonly done these days:

      1) Pre-Pre-Pre-Pre-Launch Mode: send PM's to everyone you think has a list saying you're in 'product development' mode and should be done with it in a few weeks. (Buy one of their products first so they feel obligated)

      2) Pre-Pre-Pre-Launch Mode: follow up with the people you PM'ed, tell them the product is done, you'd love to have them onboard, and there will be more details shortly.

      3) Pre-Pre-Launch Mode: set a date for the 'launch' and a specific time when the thread will go live. Setup your JV page, get in Skype groups and Facebook groups and tell EVERYONE about it. This is also where you announce the contest (you're going to need one of those) Here are some suggestions for prizes:
      • A minimum of $20,000 in cash prizes
      • A space shuttle
      • 3 days do anything you want with prostitutes in Vegas (all expenses paid)
      • A car (hot rod, vintage, or exotic)
      • TV's and/or Jewelry
      • A memory foam mattress
      • Front row tickets to the beach boys
      Affiliates get 100% of the frontend dimesale (which contains at the most a 10-15 page PDF throwing out general statements and talking about the OTO's) and 60-100% of your 4 OTO's

      4) Pre-Launch - You list it, but no one can buy yet, it goes live tomorrow build a small list.

      This will get you affiliates...

      (of course I'm joking, but sometimes there's more truth in jest )

      ------------

      Or, you can do your own thing, not rely on others, and become your own super affiliate.

      Put the product out there and see what happens... the important thing is to always keep moving forward.. every product you create won't be a homerun.

      If you're creating good stuff, people will find you and these are the people that have lists that you will WANT to work with.

      Best of luck with your product...

      Thanks for the advice!
      Now i just need to find out where exactly I can buy a space shuttle! lol

      And thank you for everyone else who has left great advice here!

      Robin
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6639244].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Steve Wells
      Originally Posted by Mark Hess View Post

      Robin, if you plan on listing it as a WSO, don't really mention anything specific to affiliates about the product or give them access. They will leave positive reviews on the front page of your thread anyway to drive sales. So that would be a waste of time...

      This is no longer just 'listing your product in the WSO section of the forum'...

      You're LAUNCHING... it needs to be a big extravagant event that takes weeks/months to plan.

      Here's the way it's commonly done these days:

      1) Pre-Pre-Pre-Pre-Launch Mode: send PM's to everyone you think has a list saying you're in 'product development' mode and should be done with it in a few weeks. (Buy one of their products first so they feel obligated)

      2) Pre-Pre-Pre-Launch Mode: follow up with the people you PM'ed, tell them the product is done, you'd love to have them onboard, and there will be more details shortly.

      3) Pre-Pre-Launch Mode: set a date for the 'launch' and a specific time when the thread will go live. Setup your JV page, get in Skype groups and Facebook groups and tell EVERYONE about it. This is also where you announce the contest (you're going to need one of those) Here are some suggestions for prizes:
      • A minimum of $20,000 in cash prizes
      • A space shuttle
      • 3 days do anything you want with prostitutes in Vegas (all expenses paid)
      • A car (hot rod, vintage, or exotic)
      • TV's and/or Jewelry
      • A memory foam mattress
      • Front row tickets to the beach boys
      Affiliates get 100% of the frontend dimesale (which contains at the most a 10-15 page PDF throwing out general statements and talking about the OTO's) and 60-100% of your 4 OTO's

      4) Pre-Launch - You list it, but no one can buy yet, it goes live tomorrow build a small list.

      This will get you affiliates...

      (of course I'm joking, but sometimes there's more truth in jest )

      ------------

      Or, you can do your own thing, not rely on others, and become your own super affiliate.

      Put the product out there and see what happens... the important thing is to always keep moving forward.. every product you create won't be a homerun.

      If you're creating good stuff, people will find you and these are the people that have lists that you will WANT to work with.

      Best of luck with your product...
      Lol, then sell your product for $9.97 with 1 year refund policy, and give them 100% commissions.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8644490].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Paleochora
    Nice one, Mark!

    You know the ironic thing? Mark alerted me to this thread in one of those evil JV skype groups we both belong to, lol.

    Mark is right, though. I get the feeling that not many people actually just browse the WSO section these days. Most traffic will be sent to specific offers by affiliates with a list that fits. This really means that bumping WSOs is a bit of a waste of money, I guess.

    PS, If those prizes are not an incentive to build a big list, I don't know what is!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6637083].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author easternodyssey
    Depends on the affiliate. Some affiliates will come to you, some affiliates you have to give an arm and a leg in order to get accepted to the program and other affiliates will accept anyone.
    Signature
    Eastern Odyssey | The Definitive Guide to Asia
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6637351].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Dan J
    Joining affiliate programs (clickbank, jvzoo, etc) is a good way to start with gaining affiliates.

    However, if you can score a couple of individuals within your niche that has decent-sized lists, or you have access to JV's..then you will gain a lot of traction for your product (providing it is converting well and is of a good quality).

    It's not about the quantity of affiliates...rather the quality! Sometimes it only takes 1-3 affiliates to blow sales out of the water.

    Just giving you food for thought.
    Signature
    Email Copywriter For Established Info Marketers
    I write emails people look forward to reading, clicking and buying from. To learn more, click here.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6637436].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author CashAdsLLC
    Originally Posted by obin94 View Post

    Hey,

    So I was wondering how other WSO sellers and product creators get affiliates and if most people actively seek out affiliates or let affiliates come to them?

    If you do actively seek out affiliates how do you go about doing it?

    Thanks,
    Robin Danielsen
    Get the product listed w/clickbank, or another affiliate / cpa network. They always have a base of affiliates who may be interested in promoting the product. Some affiliate networks will even test traffic with the product while having it opened to affiliates.
    Signature
    CashAds LLC CPA Network
    e: support@cashadsllc.com |skype: cashdsllc
    facebook: @CashAdsLLC twitter: @CashAds_LLC
    http://www.cashadsllc.com
    1000+ Offers Non Incent / Incent
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6655148].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author seanster
    Guys, I think getting your product in Clickbank, share-a-sale etc is good, but by all means DO not stop there. That will often only bring in trickle affiliates, with just a listing, without buying "placement ads". If your have not time find a JV broker or Affliate recruiter.
    Signature
    Snaplitics, Inc. - The Newest & Easiest Website & Landing Page Builder
    SnapPlayer - Users can SNAP to Key Points in your Video
    TheJumpStarter - Catchy, Brandable Domain Names!

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6656000].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author repstein
    Most affiliates market your products when they see them on affiliate networks like Share-a-Sale, Clickbank, Commission Junction etc. Try providing professionally crafted marketing tools to all affiliates. Naturally, generous commissions also attract more affiliates. Some offer a 100% commission to attract affiliates, and then sell other products to the people who make that first purchase.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6664471].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author seanster
      Originally Posted by repstein View Post

      Most affiliates market your products when they see them on affiliate networks like Share-a-Sale, Clickbank, Commission Junction etc. Try providing professionally crafted marketing tools to all affiliates. Naturally, generous commissions also attract more affiliates. Some offer a 100% commission to attract affiliates, and then sell other products to the people who make that first purchase.
      Repstein, good advice, I definately have tried that. But hour for hour, I am curious if your better off spending time trying to pan for gold looking for some strong affiliate marketers in the IM space, rather then getting in the Normal networks and listing your offer, and waiting. CJ has a HUGE $2K buy in to get started, Share-a-sale like $500, and who knows about the rest.

      I would love to hear the pros and cons to this very debate. Assuming $500 is a nice chunk of change, where should one spend their time? Personally, I think panning to your circle of IM'ers is best, as finding 5 mailers (your friends) could take you contacing 100 cold prospects. Warm them up to the idea slowly, rather then saying you need it tommorrow, and you should be golden.

      Good luck
      Signature
      Snaplitics, Inc. - The Newest & Easiest Website & Landing Page Builder
      SnapPlayer - Users can SNAP to Key Points in your Video
      TheJumpStarter - Catchy, Brandable Domain Names!

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6667306].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Cash37
        Originally Posted by seanster View Post

        Repstein, good advice, I definately have tried that. But hour for hour, I am curious if your better off spending time trying to pan for gold looking for some strong affiliate marketers in the IM space, rather then getting in the Normal networks and listing your offer, and waiting. CJ has a HUGE $2K buy in to get started, Share-a-sale like $500, and who knows about the rest.

        I would love to hear the pros and cons to this very debate. Assuming $500 is a nice chunk of change, where should one spend their time? Personally, I think panning to your circle of IM'ers is best, as finding 5 mailers (your friends) could take you contacing 100 cold prospects. Warm them up to the idea slowly, rather then saying you need it tommorrow, and you should be golden.

        Good luck
        $2k is huge?
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7139959].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author maxaurelius
    EASY.

    Make a list of all the forums/blogs related to the industry/niche your in. Once you have done that grab all emails contacts or contact url pages for those sites. Contact each site individually offering them a free sample of your product in exchange for a promotional post or if they would become apart of your affiliate program. If your just starting off, you might want to make the incentive more lucrative to your first affiliates, instead of 10% of every sale, find out what would they be comfortable with for promoting your stuff.

    I SAY THE FOLLOWING BECAUSE, your product is new, your new, or your just starting out. Most affiliates don't want to offer crap to their audience, so offering them your product first to check it out is great. Also, if you really don't have the cash to purchase ad space and promotions, giving your affiliates 50% or bargaining a split price for your product sales sometimes is not a bad thing.

    You are getting your product to the eyeballs you want.
    -On the backend your grabbing their info on your mailing list for your next product.
    -Your creating brand awareness through out the community your interested in.
    -Building your reputation
    -Building partners with your community gatekeepers
    -Establishing your self as a guru/expert in the field

    All of that does great things for you and your NEXT product. Most people always want their first product to be the bread winner, but in reality that type of thinking is short term, you should think long term.

    THEN, if everyone in your niche is promoting your product because they are going to get an awesome percentage for selling it, other webmasters are going to see this as well.

    THOSE other webmasters then will be interested in promoting your product as well, because they see all the other guys are doing it, so it MUST BE WORTHWHILE.

    BUT when you have already got the primary affiliates doing work for you, you can setup a different affiliate program for the breed of webmasters now interested in promoting your stuff.

    So this does 2 things....
    1) Your primary affiliate promoters feel special because you gave them an AWESOME PREMIUM which equals = good business = established relationship = promotions for your next product at a lower rate preferrably.
    2) Split more reasonably at the price you wanted in the first place, and just more exposure.

    There you have it. Cheers
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7197337].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author getdong
    Interesting post this is exactly what I was just about to post myself. Some good advice.
    Signature
    http://www.buyiraqidinarhere.com
    Looking For Wholesalers, Re-Sellers, & Affiliates
    Looking To Network And Partner With Others
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7198715].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author celente
    build a list and make your list affiliates. Make offer attractive.

    When someone buys, make them into an affiliate.

    direct all your traffic to an affiliate joining page.

    We do all this, but these days, we hire a affiliate and JV manager. My god, they do not come cheap, but they can get you good results, if you have a good product and know what you are doing with your marketing.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7200090].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author paul nicholls
    You have to look at things from an affiliates perspective

    They only want to send traffic to pages that convert and convert well and they want
    to be paid nicely for doing so as well

    My advice would be to try and get your epc as high as you can and consider giving 100% commission on your front end product or certainly a very high rate ie 75%

    There a number of other things to bare in mind but those 2 things above are certainly the most important when it comes to attracting affiliates

    Paul
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7200186].message }}
  • {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7200327].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ARealBiz
    If you have a great stats like "visitor conversion" and "dollar per visitor" for your WSO, you should have no problem to get affiliates.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7204941].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Harry Nguyen
    This is what I learn from a guy, if you type in a keyword that is up on rank 1 - 3 and you see that it's a a sniper site. Contact them so you can talk to them about your product and see if they would promote it for you.
    Signature

    This is ME, this is WHO I AM... http://iamharrynguyen.com/

    "Take delight in the LORD, and he will give you the desires of your heart." - Psalm 37:4

    Kik - HarryNguyen510

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7205312].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Shubh Ashish
    The best way to get affiliates is keep the affiliate commissions 90-100%.By doing this,you will have around 30-40 affiliates requesting you to promote your offer.It happened to me in my WSO offline profits system.
    Signature
    Sell Dreams, Not Products
    - Steve Jobs
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7205355].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author sniger
    Start a blog, get followers, get opt in page....all of this with targeted traffic for your sale.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7231796].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ProAffiliate01
    I joined a network meant where I can apply to multiple advertisers at once.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7231897].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Randall Magwood
    I would add my product to Clickbank, and also advertise on Clickbank. Do the same on Paydotcom. Promote it to your email list and sections of your website. Also create an affiliate sign up form and submit it to the affiliate directories.
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7232822].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Allen Payne
    I recommend posting an announcement on the following sites:

    JV Point - JVPoint.com
    MunchEye – I.M. Product Launch Calendar
    Warrior JV

    + plus find the most popular JV groups on Facebook and post your launch there as well.

    Cheers!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9906447].message }}

Trending Topics