The End of the Beginning? I'm in Need of Help!

18 replies
Dear warriors,

I apologize for the essay below but I thought if I give you everything the answer would not be the same as the average 'noob's that I have read so many times; I have done my best to split it up neatly.

I am stuck before I have even begun...:confused:

I usually don't ask questions because it hurts my pride but this is getting on my nerves now, I simply cannot find the answer, in fact I probably know the answer but it doesn't seem to leap out and 'take me'. So I cannot thank you enough if you read this because I am personally fed up.

So let me get across my mindset and lifestyle (Bare with me here):

- I am a dreamer; I love to think about that Lamborghini I will be driving when I'm 23 and the swag I will have, not to mention the online presence I will create.

- I am an awful procrastinator, E.G. "tomorrow I will begin campaign 1, this means I can play Xbox now because I start tomorrow"

- I practically could write an E-Book on CPA marketing because I have read so many ebooks and methods, I get the gist etc. But I have never put anything 'legit' into action.

- What I do in the day: Wake up at 11am, eat, eat and then just wander through the internet like I have nothing better to do and then bed at 12pm.

- I have read (Hard Books): Think and Grow Rich (I'm on my second read of this), Own your niche, Digital marketing, Getting things done, Laptop Lifestyle (Gregg and Fiona Scott).

- I have spent over 4 months in this dreamy, philosophical entity I call procrastination.

- I'm obsessive: I think about Internet Marketing all day, it has completely consumed me (this does not seem to be a problem, but say if it's odd to you).

I'm pretty good at the following: Gaming, video editing (Vegas Pro), photo editing (Photoshop), coding (VB.net, C++, Dos-batch), logical thinking and creative thinking, organizing, convincing people, anything techie I consider myself to pretty good, Learning from Google searches (until now) and mostly anything I put my mind to.

This is the first question I have ever asked any forum or anybody for that matter - I usually use Google and that serves very well. I cannot begin to fathom the number of times I have searched: How to begin IM, How to be proactive, do it don't think it etc.

Just to let you know: I don't have a problem with getting accepted into networks and I am already a member of a few prestigious networks.

Ok I am now going to explore what I believe the problem is:

I am never told that I am 'bad' or 'Incapable' and if I am it makes me want it harder so I can prove the naysayers wrong, but because of this I set my goals way too high. For example in one of the many guides I have read it said: "Prepare to fail 5 times and 5 times after that" and I thought to myself: nope, not me, I should get it first time, maybe on my second attempt because I would have learnt from my first mistakes. I know this is completely the wrong attitude.

I honestly feel that I am on my 'high horse' and I have never been knocked down but maybe this is what I need to bring me back to reality. "No I'm not going to be the best on my first attempt..."

I want to be successful so bad that it's causing me stress when I'm on holiday; there is 'something' sinister between myself and action. [Probably nothing (sub-conscious block)]

I have continuously been told that I am "lazy", "Bone Idol" and "too competitive".
- Lazy: Homework - I rarely did this, or I copied someone else's off of the internet, I sit on my ass for most of the day.
- Bone Idol: I daydream of the 'better' future like I said earlier; most of my day consists of this.
- Competitive: I'm competitive, everything is a game, and when I play games I play to win. I find it hard to look at someone else's constructive progress and congratulate them (Unless I know I am better of course). It kills me to see 15 year olds earning more than me on the internet when I'm stuck like this...

Regarding age, as I know this is a very important factor - I am 16 (I was considering not saying this because I believe that you will respond very differently) and currently on my 9 week holiday after high school. You might think: well you shouldn't be worrying about careers quite yet, but I know it's possible and therefore I am going to have a good go at it.

Just so you know I am not relying on my IM success, I am going to further education for another 2 years, so I have a lot of time to get this business flowing before I 'take to the sky' (I'm taking Mathematics, Economics, Computing and Business and hope to do/be a software developer/Games programmer (That's if I don't succeed in IM over the next 2 years. When I get the flow of it, you wont be able to stop me, but this first hurdle is really proving very tricky))

Possible solutions (That I am thinking about (Notice the word 'thinking', god am I pathetic)):

Regarding 'the problem', I am considering taking everything off of my computer unless it's necessary for CPA marketing and blocking web pages in windows hosts files (Facebook and several forums). I have also considered taking physical items out of my belonging until I complete certain tasks (This might sound dramatic but I am wearing thin so anything that could help I would jump for)


The questions I have:


1. There are too many options for me to handle, which one should I choose? If I choose this one will I have wasted my time on a dead end? (The problem here is schooling teaches you, indirectly, to learn from a master source; all the answers you need are in one book. Whereas in Internet Marketing you make your own path or follow one single one that someone else has already travelled)

1.1. Due to my age I am on a very limited budget, so what method/niche/promotion would suit this?

2. How do I get motivated? (I want to wake up at 6:30, exercise, go to the gym, help others, begin my venture but at the moment there is no point thus I 'can't be arsed')

3. How do I focus and eliminate distractions (I'm sure if I become motivated on a target I will find an answer to this question myself)

4. Did you have similar problems when beginning?

5. What are my chances of success in IM with my current attitudes? (Success in this question is the ability to live off IM without any other income)

6. Should I give up (and find a new 'obsession')?

7. In general what would you advise or not? Please be honest because currently I am shrouded from everything opinionated.


If you have made it to the end I cannot thank you enough, absolutely everything you post below is greatly appreciated more than you can imagine.

Best regards


Matt Owen
#beginning #cpa advice #end #internet marketer dream #noob
  • Profile picture of the author Oliver Orbitz
    Hey, Mathew.

    It can be hard when you are first starting out. If I were you, I would just get started. You are just like me, and probably like everyone else for that matter, when we first started out. You might start out and fail, or you might start out with a home run. Bottom line: You will never know unless you try. I would recommend you find someone who knows what they are talking about and follow their advice.

    You need to decide what your goals are. If you need some income to get started, create a high-risk income stream. I can do this by creating articles on web 2.0 websites such as squidoo and hubpages. I would suggest doing that anyway to get some income coming in to fund something greater.

    Personally, I like to recommend starting a large authority website after you have some cash flow coming in. If you don't want to wait until some high-risk income is coming in, you can start an authority website right away.The bottom line is that you need to find some method, and stick with it until you see some results. It can be hard because there are so many different ways to make money online.

    I think it is great that you are obessed with online marketing. That will provide you with the kind of drive that many people lack. You have all of the character traits of an entrepreneur, you just need to take action. Start using your creativity to solve problems for people using whatever method to make money that works for you. Some people make software programs, personally, I choose to create large authority websites.

    We all have had similar problems, you just need to get started with SOMETHING. Good luck with whatever path you choose!

    Oliver
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6634178].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Chris Worner
    This link should help you; http://www.warriorforum.com/main-int...desperate.html to make money.

    -Chris
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6634189].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author bassem
    Listen the best thing to do something is to actionaly to DO IT, and the cure of procrastination is doing things by little pieces with a dead time , we can't eat a cow at once anyway , make a dead line for everything and you will be amazed how much tasks you can accomplish in one day

    i bet this is all what you need

    Bassem
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6634407].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Wade32
    Originally Posted by Matthew Owen View Post


    - I am a dreamer; I love to think about that Lamborghini I will be driving when I'm 23 and the swag I will have, not to mention the online presence I will create.

    - I am an awful procrastinator, E.G. "tomorrow I will begin campaign 1, this means I can play Xbox now because I start tomorrow"

    - I practically could write an E-Book on CPA marketing because I have read so many ebooks and methods, I get the gist etc. But I have never put anything 'legit' into action.

    - What I do in the day: Wake up at 11am, eat, eat and then just wander through the internet like I have nothing better to do and then bed at 12pm.

    - I have read (Hard Books): Think and Grow Rich (I'm on my second read of this), Own your niche, Digital marketing, Getting things done, Laptop Lifestyle (Gregg and Fiona Scott).

    - I have spent over 4 months in this dreamy, philosophical entity I call procrastination.

    - I'm obsessive: I think about Internet Marketing all day, it has completely consumed me (this does not seem to be a problem, but say if it's odd to you).


    I want to be successful so bad that it's causing me stress when I'm on holiday; there is 'something' sinister between myself and action. [Probably nothing (sub-conscious block)]

    Best regards


    Matt Owen
    Do you just realize how many times you used the word "I"? This is just my suggestion:

    You are never going to make any money thinking of yourself. Your mindset needs to be "them". What is best for my visitor. What could "they" benefit from? How to provide something helpful for "others".

    When you start to realize that its not all about "I", and branch out to understand that the reader is what you should be focused on, then that is when you will start making money.

    Just because you would buy something doesn't mean everyone else will. Focus on catering to the reader. You are the slave, give them what they want, and in turn they will do the same for you by returning faithfully, buying things and promoting your site somewhere else.

    This is not meant to be harsh. Just some honest opinions.
    Signature
    Get Free Social Media Psychology Updates in Your Email
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6634456].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author CurtisSWN
    Here's something that's worked wonders for me:

    Just devote one hour a day, at least at first. Have very doable, easy goals. Don't try to swallow the whole camel in one shot. This is the biggest cure for the "paralysis of analysis"

    Learn from your mistakes, and keep moving.
    Signature
    Simple Two Step Formula
    Earns Me Over $146.72 in 12 Hours. This is Weird, But it Works!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6634478].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author RexMapes
    Matt, this is my third attempt at responding to your post. This is the hardest reply I have written because I see my life very well described in your post. I could write a book to advise you. Here is not the time or place for that. Let me just say I fully understand the frustration you feel with yourself knowing the capabilities you have and the lack of accomplishments to go with them. Most people will not (can not) comprehend the feeling of helplessness to change the situation that I am sure confronts you every day. Remember that Einstein was called a dreamer and lazy. He said himself he felt that way at times. As I recall it worked out ok for him.

    As far as your list of questions let me start with #6.

    DON'T YOU DARE QUIT!

    What you are dealing with here is much more about you and the rest of your life than it is about IM. IM brings these issues to the front because there are so many options and distractions and well meaning people with so many different ideas and advice. Conquer this now and learn to focus and prioritize and the rest of your life will be better handled by you. Win or lose at IM doesn't really matter. Your approach to it and what you learn about yourself does.

    #2 When you begin to actually accomplish even small goals you set for yourself daily you won't have any trouble getting up. You will feel you have a reason to get up and will look forward to each day. Dream big but plan small. By that I mean break your dreams down into bite size pieces and accomplish at least one thing every day. EVERY DAY...not just most days! VERY IMPORTANT...PUT ALL OF THIS DOWN IN WRITING! IN YOUR OWN HANDWRITING! This helps to focus the subconscious brain and let it do it's magic.

    #3 I would suggest finding someone to work on a project together with. This will help you to focus on a specific task and provide a level of responsibility and accountability to someone besides yourself. I am sure you have talents that would be a blessing to someone that struggles with the things you are good at. In return you will learn some new skills from them. Together you will accomplish much.

    #1, #1.1 This will be somewhat resolved in conjuction with #3. Let me say this from experience. Quit worrying about whether it is the right or wrong direction to go. Even a trip down a dead end road provides experience you won't get any other way. It is NOT time lost.

    #4 Everyone here has had to deal with these issues to a lessor or greater degree. Welcome to the club.

    #5 Slim to none. That is why you ARE going to make some changes. You have already started doing just that.

    #7 Better hold on tight because you will get plenty of opinions and ideas from folks here. Just use what you can and don't worry about what you can't use. This could make #1 a lot tougher to sort out. Go with what your gut feeling says is right for you. The reason #1 is such an issue is because there are SO MANY RIGHT ways to do this. Pick a track and go down it. Even if you are on the right track the train will run you over if your sitting still.

    Rex
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6634611].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Matthew Owen
      Originally Posted by Oliver Orbitz View Post

      Hey, Mathew.

      It can be hard when you are first starting out. If I were you, I would just get started. You are just like me, and probably like everyone else for that matter, when we first started out. You might start out and fail, or you might start out with a home run. Bottom line: You will never know unless you try. I would recommend you find someone who knows what they are talking about and follow their advice.

      You need to decide what your goals are. If you need some income to get started, create a high-risk income stream. I can do this by creating articles on web 2.0 websites such as squidoo and hubpages. I would suggest doing that anyway to get some income coming in to fund something greater.

      Personally, I like to recommend starting a large authority website after you have some cash flow coming in. If you don't want to wait until some high-risk income is coming in, you can start an authority website right away.The bottom line is that you need to find some method, and stick with it until you see some results. It can be hard because there are so many different ways to make money online.

      I think it is great that you are obessed with online marketing. That will provide you with the kind of drive that many people lack. You have all of the character traits of an entrepreneur, you just need to take action. Start using your creativity to solve problems for people using whatever method to make money that works for you. Some people make software programs, personally, I choose to create large authority websites.

      We all have had similar problems, you just need to get started with SOMETHING. Good luck with whatever path you choose!

      Oliver
      Thank you, everything you have said makes sense, and I hope to implement most of this very soon.

      Originally Posted by Chris Worner View Post

      This link should help you; warriorforum.com/main-internet-marketing-discussion-forum/142737-what-do-if-youre-desperate.html to make money.

      -Chris
      Thanks, this thread is great and full of quick easy set up plans, I will check back there soon.

      Originally Posted by bassem View Post

      Listen the best thing to do something is to actionaly to DO IT, and the cure of procrastination is doing things by little pieces with a dead time , we can't eat a cow at once anyway , make a dead line for everything and you will be amazed how much tasks you can accomplish in one day

      i bet this is all what you need

      Bassem
      This seems to be the definitive answer, especially as it suits my learning style (Kinesthetic). Thank you for your help.

      Originally Posted by Wade32 View Post

      Do you just realize how many times you used the word "I"? This is just my suggestion:

      You are never going to make any money thinking of yourself. Your mindset needs to be "them". What is best for my visitor. What could "they" benefit from? How to provide something helpful for "others".

      When you start to realize that its not all about "I", and branch out to understand that the reader is what you should be focused on, then that is when you will start making money.

      Just because you would buy something doesn't mean everyone else will. Focus on catering to the reader. You are the slave, give them what they want, and in turn they will do the same for you by returning faithfully, buying things and promoting your site somewhere else.

      This is not meant to be harsh. Just some honest opinions.
      No it's not harsh at all, it's one of the key concepts of business. I will definitely strive to change this, this may be one of few limiting factors I currently encumber. Thank you for your honesty.

      Originally Posted by CurtisSWN View Post

      Here's something that's worked wonders for me:

      Just devote one hour a day, at least at first. Have very doable, easy goals. Don't try to swallow the whole camel in one shot. This is the biggest cure for the "paralysis of analysis"

      Learn from your mistakes, and keep moving.
      Thank you so much for your response, I cannot tell you how much this has helped. "paralysis of analysis" sums it up really, I have read this before but never implemented the antidote.

      Originally Posted by RexMapes View Post

      Matt, this is my third attempt at responding to your post. This is the hardest reply I have written because I see my life very well described in your post. I could write a book to advise you. Here is not the time or place for that. Let me just say I fully understand the frustration you feel with yourself knowing the capabilities you have and the lack of accomplishments to go with them. Most people will not (can not) comprehend the feeling of helplessness to change the situation that I am sure confronts you every day. Remember that Einstein was called a dreamer and lazy. He said himself he felt that way at times. As I recall it worked out ok for him.

      As far as your list of questions let me start with #6.

      DON'T YOU DARE QUIT!

      What you are dealing with here is much more about you and the rest of your life than it is about IM. IM brings these issues to the front because there are so many options and distractions and well meaning people with so many different ideas and advice. Conquer this now and learn to focus and prioritize and the rest of your life will be better handled by you. Win or lose at IM doesn't really matter. Your approach to it and what you learn about yourself does.

      #2 When you begin to actually accomplish even small goals you set for yourself daily you won't have any trouble getting up. You will feel you have a reason to get up and will look forward to each day. Dream big but plan small. By that I mean break your dreams down into bite size pieces and accomplish at least one thing every day. EVERY DAY...not just most days! VERY IMPORTANT...PUT ALL OF THIS DOWN IN WRITING! IN YOUR OWN HANDWRITING! This helps to focus the subconscious brain and let it do it's magic.

      #3 I would suggest finding someone to work on a project together with. This will help you to focus on a specific task and provide a level of responsibility and accountability to someone besides yourself. I am sure you have talents that would be a blessing to someone that struggles with the things you are good at. In return you will learn some new skills from them. Together you will accomplish much.

      #1, #1.1 This will be somewhat resolved in conjuction with #3. Let me say this from experience. Quit worrying about whether it is the right or wrong direction to go. Even a trip down a dead end road provides experience you won't get any other way. It is NOT time lost.

      #4 Everyone here has had to deal with these issues to a lessor or greater degree. Welcome to the club.

      #5 Slim to none. That is why you ARE going to make some changes. You have already started doing just that.

      #7 Better hold on tight because you will get plenty of opinions and ideas from folks here. Just use what you can and don't worry about what you can't use. This could make #1 a lot tougher to sort out. Go with what your gut feeling says is right for you. The reason #1 is such an issue is because there are SO MANY RIGHT ways to do this. Pick a track and go down it. Even if you are on the right track the train will run you over if your sitting still.

      Rex
      I think I know what I should do now to start. I'm just saying, question 6, regardless of the answer I was never going to quit. 3rd time writing it, well I cannot thank you enough for spending your time helping me.

      I will bookmark this thread and will check back here regularly, and then soon what you have said will sink in and become part of my everyday.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6636589].message }}
  • Question less implement more. The #1 problem I have seen why 99% don't do things in the real world is I notice they need proof and 100% understanding of everything that they are about to do before they do it. I ask myself why. The only reason I think is they are sub-counciously afraid they will fail so they is a way to prevent it. In reality you can never know and understand 100% you have to go and fix/improve along the way.
    Signature
    soon people... Relax...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6637019].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author MissTerraK
      Matthew,

      Actually I'm glad that you included your age, as it helped form the suggestion that I have for you.

      You aren't the only teenager on the forum, so how about forming a group of teenage marketers? I believe your age group has a distinct advantage in that you all grew up with advanced technology and computers in school, whereas people my age didn't.

      This way, you could not only brainstorm and be a sounding board for one another, but also hold each other accountable to the goals you set and share. You said that you have a competitive nature and that would be a motivating kick in the keester to overcome your procrastination, as you wouldn't dare come to the meeting without having out done your buddies.

      Please forgive me if a teenage group already exists, I'm nowhere near that age group and wouldn't be in the loop, lol!

      It's just a thought, but I wish you success in whatever path you choose.

      Terra
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6637222].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Matthew Owen
        Originally Posted by HelpingYouBeAnExpert View Post

        Question less implement more. The #1 problem I have seen why 99% don't do things in the real world is I notice they need proof and 100% understanding of everything that they are about to do before they do it. I ask myself why. The only reason I think is they are sub-counciously afraid they will fail so they is a way to prevent it. In reality you can never know and understand 100% you have to go and fix/improve along the way.
        Yes exactly, unless you are told that this is what is holding you back, you can get frustrated like me. It's human instinct and it's made us one dominant species but in this day in age we need people to be open minded and free of brain-chains so we can try new things without limiting factors. The worst part is we are our own worst enemy... we stop ourselves from diving into the unknown, but this is how we learn.

        Anyhow thank you for reiterating this fact. It can definitely apply to most if not all the people who have problems starting out.

        Originally Posted by MissTerraK View Post

        Matthew,

        Actually I'm glad that you included your age, as it helped form the suggestion that I have for you.

        You aren't the only teenager on the forum, so how about forming a group of teenage marketers? I believe your age group has a distinct advantage in that you all grew up with advanced technology and computers in school, whereas people my age didn't.

        This way, you could not only brainstorm and be a sounding board for one another, but also hold each other accountable to the goals you set and share. You said that you have a competitive nature and that would be a motivating kick in the keester to overcome your procrastination, as you wouldn't dare come to the meeting without having out done your buddies.

        Please forgive me if a teenage group already exists, I'm nowhere near that age group and wouldn't be in the loop, lol!

        It's just a thought, but I wish you success in whatever path you choose.

        Terra
        Yes this would be great, but at the moment I have very little to share as my experience is as shallow at the moment, I do wish to change this soon though. I don't think I have the confidence so far in this business, but never the less I can definitely see this being very useful and unique. I recognize the accountability part, I have certainly read about this somewhere.

        Thank you for your helpful contribution.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6640666].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Damien Kring
        Matthew, I posted a video a while back that I think could give you some interesting perspective on the topic of procrastination:

        http://www.warriorforum.com/mind-war...ou-defeat.html

        What he says in the video doesn't apply to everyone, but it resonated with me.

        Terra's advice is also quite good, I think.

        Originally Posted by MissTerraK View Post

        Please forgive me if a teenage group already exists, I'm nowhere near that age group and wouldn't be in the loop, lol!
        Wait, so you're not in the Bieber fan club? :confused:
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6641190].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author MissTerraK
          Originally Posted by Damien Kring View Post


          Terra's advice is also quite good, I think.

          Wait, so you're not in the Bieber fan club? :confused:
          Haha! Nope!

          It was just last year that I learned his name wasn't Justin Beaver, lol!

          Terra
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6641227].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author cashp0wer
            Matthew, don't quit. What I wouldn't give to have had this chance when I was 16!!! I, like you, did nothing for an entire you but read about everything I could and then I felt completely lost because there were so many different roads I could go down so which way should I go? In the end I just chose affiliate marketing and once I started making money I ventured off into other things. Try one thing and one thing only until that becomes successful and then you can try other things. Being 16 means nothing. It's great you are starting this now instead of later. It's great that you have this opportunity sitting in front of you. You just have to get off your but and get to work my son. Please keep us posted on what you decide to do and good luck.
            Signature
            My Internet Marketing Blog - Warts And All!
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6641881].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author Kay King
              (I want to wake up at 6:30, exercise, go to the gym, help others, begin my venture but at the moment there is no point thus I 'can't be arsed')
              In your mind you follow a great schedule, you are successful and you are admired because you do things better than and faster than others without the mistakes/failures common in this business.

              Truth is, you are 16 and learning a lot and there's nothing wrong with that. At some point you will need to stop dreaming about your destination and start on the journey. In IM, failure doesn't kill you - you just fix the problem and keep going.

              I suggest you actually DO that schedule for 10 days in a row (2 5-day weeks). Get up early - exercise or go for a run - do or say something nice to someone else every day. It's surprising how motivating exerting yourself can be.

              You are good at excusing and rationalizing - and that's normal at your age, too. Limit your expectations to something you can start this summer and be able to maintain during the school year without too much time commitment. By next summer you'll be ready to ramp it up.

              The two things that bother me in your posts are the willingness to cheat your way through school - and your inability to be happy at someone else's success. Those are not traits to be proud of - and should go on your list of "things to improve".

              kay
              Signature
              Saving one dog will not change the world - but the world changes forever for that one dog.
              ***
              It takes nothing away from a human to be kind to an animal.

              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6642397].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author RexMapes
    Matthew,

    Terra has a great idea I think. I understand your hesitation at this point to try that. However, I want you to realize you don't need the answers to everyone's questions. All you need to know is exactly what your doing now...posting.

    Start a thread that will catch the younger marketer's attention. Get several together to form a group and then learn together. Some will know more than you, some less. None of that matters. Don't let ego stop your learning. What matters is the exchange of ideas and energy that would pop out. Once it starts it will have a life of it's own.

    You have shared a great deal here with us. Hopefully you have some new ideas now. I think you have much more to share in a thread than you realize. Remember, you don't have to do anything other than start the thread and let it happen. Just post something stating what you have in mind and I'm sure there will be a lot of eager members that will join in.

    Rex
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6640986].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author gskesavan
    First think to yourself - What do you want to do?

    If you want to make affiliate sales then do only that till you see $1000 at least. Then move onto the other methods. Trust me, if you are on a budget you really don't have to spend much money (or any money at all) to get started. When I made my first money online ($83.14 - it was when squidoo had just come into existence with bum marketing ) I spent $0. The little comedy here is I spent $0 for my first $1000.

    Your monthly income must be consistent. So aim for that at first. From there you can easily get through to the other methods.
    Signature
    Keyword Research Service! Rank On Google Page 1 without any Backlinking ($25 ONLY)
    Skype Me At gskkesavan

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6642894].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author cityhunter66
    My answers to your questions:

    1. There are too many options for me to handle, which one should I choose? If I choose this one will I have wasted my time on a dead end? (The problem here is schooling teaches you, indirectly, to learn from a master source; all the answers you need are in one book. Whereas in Internet Marketing you make your own path or follow one single one that someone else has already travelled)

    - i am learning from a mentor. He suggests following what he did. 1 domain, 1 niche, 1 traffic generating method, 1 newsletter, 1 forum. I'm not sure how you can find this mentor but it'll be great if you can find someone to coach you.

    1.1. Due to my age I am on a very limited budget, so what method/niche/promotion would suit this?

    Article-writing? It's free and it does generate traffic.

    2. How do I get motivated? (I want to wake up at 6:30, exercise, go to the gym, help others, begin my venture but at the moment there is no point thus I 'can't be arsed')

    I actually wrote an article on this...haha. Anyway, write down a to-do list with specific things to complete daily. And get a accountability partner/mentor. Reward yourself etc.

    3. How do I focus and eliminate distractions (I'm sure if I become motivated on a target I will find an answer to this question myself)

    I don't think it's mutually exclusive. You can be motivated and then get distracted. So removing distractions is relevant. I'm also working on this now. Facebook appears to be my biggest enemy.

    4. Did you have similar problems when beginning?

    You bet

    5. What are my chances of success in IM with my current attitudes? (Success in this question is the ability to live off IM without any other income)

    I'll leave the more experienced ppl to answer this cause i don't know any better.

    6. Should I give up (and find a new 'obsession')?

    After getting me to read your &#^$# long post and replying? No.

    7. In general what would you advise or not? Please be honest because currently I am shrouded from everything opinionated.

    Don't understand what you're asking.

    If you have made it to the end I cannot thank you enough, absolutely everything you post below is greatly appreciated more than you can imagine.

    No problem, hope you can get started and start making some mistakes

    Regards


    Best regards



    Matt Owen
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6644151].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Matthew Owen
    Kay King - The two things that bother me in your posts are the willingness to cheat your way through school - and your inability to be happy at someone else's success. Those are not traits to be proud of - and should go on your list of "things to improve".
    This is only partly true, you see at the time of posting I was very "fed up" with myself so I was over-exaggerating, or even attacking myself greatly because it relieved some anger. I do feel this slightly but not as much as I suggested, furthermore I will strive to make change to these traits even if they are not that severe. Thank you for your contribution.

    OK, so from what you have all told me I have concluded that there is 3 things I need to change (Regarding business). I am posting here as it will make it more definite (I have written it down and now I am going to post it here). Thanks to everyone who has posted, I have taken everything on board.

    There are 3 things I am missing at the moment: Action + Motivation + Plan

    Motivation
    - Tomorrow I am going to get up at 7:30AM (3 alarms are set ) and will probably at some time go for a 25 mile cycle ride with some buddies.

    - I have been highly motivated by Stuart Ross in this video: youtube.com/watch?v=XCwlhfF0eDY (If I ever buy a course it will be SFM)

    - My reason for wanting to pursue Internet Marketing and the freedom that comes with most of it is a desire to travel the world and more specifically go on holiday with my friends.

    - The more I think about it the more I realize that the only thing holding me back is myself... This is going to change.

    Plan of Action
    - I intend to start getting traffic with article writing (Do you recommend spinning articles?). The traffic will be directed to a simple yet very enticing landing page, I am going to sign up to Imnica Mail (They are the cheapest and I have read some good reviews about them) and start building a list.

    - The main thing I will provide no matter the sector is great content and a reason to sign up to my mailing list. Niches... I am thinking of Computer services like registry cleaners as I know a lot about this and everyone needs them. I am sure there is software like this on ClickBank that I could affiliate.

    Before I start is there anything I am missing or recommendation that people would like to share?

    Thanks for listening

    Best regards

    Matthew Owen
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6648312].message }}

Trending Topics