I've been doing this IM thing now for about 4 years, and I will admit that I do not make ridiculous amounts of money, but I do have this desire to make a name for myself and leave a legacy behind, as well as having ideas that are really great for generating wealth.
Nothing happens overnight. Anything worth fighting for takes time. YOU remember that!
Just the other day, my long term relationship came to an end. It was a mature relationship, because we were going to settle down and start a family.
We have been so madly in love with each other for years
It was over the fact that I am not making quite enough money yet to start a family.
She apparently believed that IM was a means to an end for me, and in reality...it's not just about money. Business is what I am crazy in love with. You must nurture your passion.
Keep in mind that this woman was a little bit older than myself and already had a teenager. At one point her ex (father of her child) offered me an extremely well paying job ($50,000 a year).
The catch though was that the non-compete contract was so severe that it would have meant that I would have to take my online businesses down.
I thought about it, but I just couldn't do it. What I have created may not be much, but I gave birth to it from scratch. This is my child at this point. Plus, I want to gather information and experiences to pass down to my future children.
And I come from a long line of entrepreneurs. It's hard for me to not dance to my own beat.
This girl. Am I heart broken? you don't even know. Honestly, this was pretty damn close to being my soul mate. I lost my best friend. I feel like I've taken a step backwards. She filled so much joy in my life...
But it gets crazier.
This is actually the 2nd long term relationship that I have had that ended because of IM. The 1st was a woman that I was extremely close to as well.
Both I loved so much, and both I worked so hard for....but in the long run, I believe in a power beyond our hearts that orchestrates things accordingly to what we act upon in terms of desire. This is how I see it..
1. You have to have an unshakeable desire to succeed for 1 thing. It can be anything, but if it really matters to you, it will set the rest in place. How could I ever reach my goals with someone as my partner who is not like-minded? I will attract the most perfect person to my heart by staying true to myself.
2. You have to be insane. I've been told NO my whole life. You get numb to it. The desire to prove people wrong might just make you jaded and affect your efforts. That's not good enough. You have to do it for yourself. I'm particularly tired of being told NO by the closest people in my life. As an Aries, when someone tells me that I can't do something, I triumph. Why wouldn't I? why shouldn't you?
3. Life is beautiful. My mom is an abundance of wisdom. My 2 favorite things that she says to me almost daily are "don't hide your light under a bushel" and "don't settle".
4. You can work smart, and you can work hard, but you will go through tough times. My girlfriend confronted me with this whole concept of "financial security" and I explained that you don't achieve what you are capable of without taking risks.
I reminded her that life throws curve balls at you. I have lost members of my family who were close to me. It's life at play. We perceive it as a bad thing of course. But life is always in motion. So why not make it the way you want it, even if it's slow going? Why not be in control? Why settle?
5. My biggest fear is being a man who slaves for a paycheck, slaves for his family, slaves for his kids, slaves for his wife, the in-laws, my own family, society and friends without have ONE thing that I can grow to surpass my life. I call it legacy.
So make your mark. Don't be afraid to do so. You stand up to those people who tell you NO. Dreams are both fragile and strong at the same time. They are strong, because if you are willing to be faithful to them, they will meet you there like an old friend (I have already witnessed this in the making), but protect your dreams from 1000:1 people, because most people in society are conditioned to play by a rule book that someone else made.
YOU DON'T HAVE TO SETTLE! What makes you happy? it's important! Your life, your story deserves a place...so do it, and don't be afraid to lose some things or people if it's really that important to you.
I have had to cut ties with close friends because they criticized my approach to life. To criticize a person's dreams is to deny them a place here on earth (I would never do that to another individual). Don't tolerate that. Stand up for yourself and be strong.