I Need Helpful Advice

22 replies
Hello everyone,

I live outside of USA and I promote Amazon.com products, and I just got my first check of $140 and my excitement quickly faded away as it came when I went to the bank to cash the check. I was told that the check will be sent bank to the USA so as to cash the check and the whole process will take about 4 - 5 weeks and I will have to pay the charges which is very high.

Two major issues:

1. The time it will take for my bank to cash the check
2. The charges for the whole process

By the time the check is cashed, there will just be almost nothing left for me.

Please, any suggestions on what I should do.

Thanks
#advice #helpful
  • Profile picture of the author imfusa
    You should make a higher limit for that check, make it 1000 $. I know for people outside us there are a lot of fees. Of course depends from country to country.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6768551].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author johnben1444
    1. Allow your earnings to accumulate before requesting for it.

    2. Work on improving your sales drastically and you won't have problem having a huge chunk of your cash every month even after charges.

    3. Amazon do a pay direct to U.S and I think other few countries, if you have a trusted person who also trust you then there could be an understanding to help you out every month.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6768561].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Quickhelper
    You can also try to find a "check cashing service" if they have that available in your country. Some places "buy" the check from you for a lower amount, and then they will deposit it for themselves. That might be possible for them because they might be able to save the fees if they have a proper system in place.
    Signature

    Fun Bubble Games: BubbleRush.com

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6768570].message }}
  • Thank you guys. Is there a direct customer telephone line for amazon that I can call to negotiate?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6768577].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ArielT
    I suggest you use the Payoneer card, for cardholders they also offer the US payment service that allow you to receive direct deposist from some US companies, like Amazon, Paypal etc

    The direct deposit is then loaded to your card
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6768578].message }}
    • This really comes as a releif. Now how do I need to go about this?

      Thanks

      Originally Posted by ArielT View Post

      I suggest you use the Payoneer card, for cardholders they also offer the US payment service that allow you to receive direct deposist from some US companies, like Amazon, Paypal etc

      The direct deposit is then loaded to your card
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6768612].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ArielT
    Just you must ask the card, once you have the card, you may apply to the US payment service, you'll receive the intructions in your email

    Site: payoneer.com

    To apply to the card payoneer-affiliates.com

    Note that there is two type of aplications, one to be partner and this one I mention above to receive payments, you need the option to receive paymentes payoneer-affiliates.com
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6768635].message }}
    • Originally Posted by ArielT View Post

      Just you must ask the card, once you have the card, you may apply to the US payment service, you'll receive the intructions in your email

      Site: payoneer.com

      To apply to the card payoneer-affiliates.com

      Note that there is two type of aplications, one to be partner and this one I mention above to receive payments, you need the option to receive paymentes payoneer-affiliates.com
      Thank you my fellow warrior. I just signed up and waiting for approval. This has been very helpful.

      Regards
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6768904].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Stephen Crooks
        I am with Lloyds TSB and they accept US cheques. There is a small charge and delay when you pay them in and a form to fill in but they do it.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6768913].message }}
  • Work on your cash flow. When the money is flowing, it comes and goes, and you just dip into it when you need some.
    Signature

    PM Me Now!

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6768957].message }}
    • Originally Posted by Resale Rights Ninja View Post

      Work on your cash flow. When the money is flowing, it comes and goes, and you just dip into it when you need some.
      Thanks for your response. Working on it.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6771645].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author rising_sun
    Banned
    Just earn more ,and don't think about the charge and time .
    It is compulsory,so try to earn more and more.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6770551].message }}
    • Originally Posted by rising_sun View Post

      Just earn more ,and don't think about the charge and time .
      It is compulsory,so try to earn more and more.
      Thanks for your contribution. Working on it seriously.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6771649].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jamesrich1
    Successfacilitator Do they pay through paypal?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6772041].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author travlinguy
    Get yourself an account at a bank that does business worldwide, that has branches in your country and in the US. That might eliminate your problem. Of course, you should check it out first but I have heard that others solved similar problems this way.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6772518].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author ArielT
      Originally Posted by travlinguy View Post

      Get yourself an account at a bank that does business worldwide, that has branches in your country and in the US. That might eliminate your problem. Of course, you should check it out first but I have heard that others solved similar problems this way.
      Not easy, I know of HSBC was offering this, but not everyone can meet the requirements
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6773355].message }}
  • {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6773364].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author David Payoneer
      Originally Posted by ArielT View Post

      I suggest you use the Payoneer card, for cardholders they also offer the US payment service that allow you to receive direct deposist from some US companies, like Amazon, Paypal etc

      The direct deposit is then loaded to your card
      Originally Posted by ArielT View Post

      Just you must ask the card, once you have the card, you may apply to the US payment service, you'll receive the intructions in your email

      Site: payoneer.com

      To apply to the card payoneer-affiliates.com

      Note that there is two type of aplications, one to be partner and this one I mention above to receive payments, you need the option to receive paymentes payoneer-affiliates.com
      Thank you to both of you for the great feedback.

      Originally Posted by Successfacilitator View Post

      Thank you my fellow warrior. I just signed up and waiting for approval. This has been very helpful.

      Regards
      Glad to hear the great news. If you have any questions about Payoneer, or need any assistance, please don't hesitate to email me at davidst [at] payoneer.com
      Signature

      David S. Payoneer Community Manager
      ICQ: 620433289
      Ask me about becoming a Payoneer partner
      Sign up for Payoneer and the US Payment Service here
      Refer a Friend

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6780691].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author nobita436
    There are always some complexities in doing like this transactions.
    So to be secure and easy you should do that in the online so that you can have proper privileges.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6781070].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author wpo1408
    Originally Posted by Successfacilitator View Post

    Hello everyone,

    I live outside of USA and I promote Amazon.com products, and I just got my first check of $140 and my excitement quickly faded away as it came when I went to the bank to cash the check. I was told that the check will be sent bank to the USA so as to cash the check and the whole process will take about 4 - 5 weeks and I will have to pay the charges which is very high.

    Two major issues:

    1. The time it will take for my bank to cash the check
    2. The charges for the whole process

    By the time the check is cashed, there will just be almost nothing left for me.

    Please, any suggestions on what I should do.

    Thanks
    It is a problem, but why not promote amazon.co.uk; .fr; .de etc ?
    There are more people in the EC than in the US.
    Signature
    Behind The Smile ~ the Story of Lek, a Bar Girl in Pattaya, Thailand ~
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6935155].message }}
  • {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6935652].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author wpo1408
      Originally Posted by Michael55555 View Post

      Can you open a bank account in the USA?
      It would only half help as you would have to pay US taxes, but opening an a/c in a foreign country in next to impossible.
      Signature
      Behind The Smile ~ the Story of Lek, a Bar Girl in Pattaya, Thailand ~
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6935714].message }}

Trending Topics