1) Bought a theme, got a domain with high comp keyword 27k searches.
2) Done a keyword research. Here is how:
-Found 10 categories
-For each category 5 main article keywords with 200-1500 searches
-For each main article keyword I found 2-4 relevant keywords with 100-500 searches
-Didnt look competition very much, only for keywords over 1000.
For me it was total of 185 keywords. I put them all in one file on this hierarchy: Category ---> Main article keyword ---> LSI keywords
3) Plugins installed (All free): Google XML sitemaps, All in one SEO, WP smart cache, Aximet, SEO smart links, Easy Adsense, Easy contact forms.
I started a site with 10 live articles from 3 categories. I will add one article each 1-3 days. Each article has a picture in it. Each article is manually SEO optimised via all in one SEO.
-Install SEO smart links plugin. It will automatically add internal links to your post. In plugin configuration you can select the limit of 2-3 internal links per post and many other settings. Make sure to setup anchor for every article in plugin config. It will look like this: anchor,URL Do it for each live article!
-My theme has releated articles included
-Each article should link to homepage.
-Create Youtube, Twitter, Facebook, Bloggers.com and Google + Profile. It will be best if you actually use your own name, picture, biography etc. Make sure to place your link in every profile. Facebook should be fanpage.
-I bought FB $100 voucher. I created add for each my blog post + fanpage to spread the word.
-I submitted site to top 15 social bookmarking services.
-I submitted my 2 blog posts to stumble upon.
Note: Each created post is posted to twitter and FB fanpage.
-Created YA account. Made full profile with my picture and bio. Started to answer questions WITHOUT link back to my site until I reach lvl 2.
-After I reach lvl2 I started to do 3 answers daily in my category WITH linkback to my blog.
-Made a profile on Bloggers.com. I was active there. Just submit some SEO guide in general talk forum and people will vote for you
-Submitted to technorati
-Submitted to 20 quality directories.
-Doing 5 blog comments daily.
PROMOTION ON AUTHORITY WAY:
-Find guest posting forums like Login Form - My Blog Guest
-Create a thread there offering guest post
-Start PMing members who are looking for guest articles.
Make sure to organise good. I put everything in excel document containing: Blog URL, Details (where link allowed etc.), Submission status.
2)Use Connecting Reporters and News Sources When you register you will subscribe to their mailing list. They will send you 50 offers each week. Check your emails for those offers and if you find some offer in your niche contact the reporter. You may get published on really high authority sites via this way. Example: AOL reporters using this a lot.
3) Go to some reputated web directory. Navigate to your niche category. Prefer blog directory. Visit all blogs in your niche and filter those with PR1 or more and with seomoz authority 30+. Get an e-mail adress from each webmaster or check if they have guest posting opportunity. E-mail each webmaster asking them to visit your site and considering link back to you. Or e-mail them an guest posting offer. In my stats 40% of webmaster accepted my guest post and 5% of them added link without any content provided.
4) PAID option: These are paid options but I highly suggest them.
- I submitted my blog to botw.org directory. Here is 20% discount code: SEER20
-I plan to submit my site to dir.yahoo.com ($300)
-I plan to submit a premium release on PRweb.com ($369) Contact me to get it for only $150 - article included.
-1 new article on site each 2 days + social share it
- Each day 3-4 yahoo answers with linkback (after you got lvl2)
-Each day 1-3 free directory submission
-Each day 5 relevant blog comments. (1 no follow, 4 do follow. 2 link to homepage, 3 link to inner page. - divide anchors)
-Each 2 days try to do one guest post
Other things you should do:
submission to botw, yahoo dir, business.com. Press release on PRweb.com
Youtube video, Squidoo page, Hubpage.
Please post your opinions and suggestions! I really need them!