Detailed authority blog plan - Need opinions - NOT a WSO!

28 replies
Hey. I have recently started an authority blog. Here is what I have done till now:

PRE-LAUNCH:

1) Bought a theme, got a domain with high comp keyword 27k searches.
2) Done a keyword research. Here is how:

-Found 10 categories
-For each category 5 main article keywords with 200-1500 searches
-For each main article keyword I found 2-4 relevant keywords with 100-500 searches
-Didnt look competition very much, only for keywords over 1000.

For me it was total of 185 keywords. I put them all in one file on this hierarchy: Category ---> Main article keyword ---> LSI keywords

3) Plugins installed (All free): Google XML sitemaps, All in one SEO, WP smart cache, Aximet, SEO smart links, Easy Adsense, Easy contact forms.

POST-LAUNCH:

I started a site with 10 live articles from 3 categories. I will add one article each 1-3 days. Each article has a picture in it. Each article is manually SEO optimised via all in one SEO.

INTERNAL LINKING:

-Install SEO smart links plugin. It will automatically add internal links to your post. In plugin configuration you can select the limit of 2-3 internal links per post and many other settings. Make sure to setup anchor for every article in plugin config. It will look like this: anchor,URL Do it for each live article!

-My theme has releated articles included

-Each article should link to homepage.

PROMOTION:

Social promotion:

-Create Youtube, Twitter, Facebook, Bloggers.com and Google + Profile. It will be best if you actually use your own name, picture, biography etc. Make sure to place your link in every profile. Facebook should be fanpage.

-I bought FB $100 voucher. I created add for each my blog post + fanpage to spread the word.

-I submitted site to top 15 social bookmarking services.

-I submitted my 2 blog posts to stumble upon.

Note: Each created post is posted to twitter and FB fanpage.

Yahoo answers:

-Created YA account. Made full profile with my picture and bio. Started to answer questions WITHOUT link back to my site until I reach lvl 2.

-After I reach lvl2 I started to do 3 answers daily in my category WITH linkback to my blog.

-Made a profile on Bloggers.com. I was active there. Just submit some SEO guide in general talk forum and people will vote for you

-Submitted to technorati

-Submitted to 20 quality directories.

-Doing 5 blog comments daily.


PROMOTION ON AUTHORITY WAY:


1)
-Find guest posting forums like Login Form - My Blog Guest
-Create a thread there offering guest post
-Start PMing members who are looking for guest articles.

Make sure to organise good. I put everything in excel document containing: Blog URL, Details (where link allowed etc.), Submission status.

2)Use Connecting Reporters and News Sources When you register you will subscribe to their mailing list. They will send you 50 offers each week. Check your emails for those offers and if you find some offer in your niche contact the reporter. You may get published on really high authority sites via this way. Example: AOL reporters using this a lot.

3) Go to some reputated web directory. Navigate to your niche category. Prefer blog directory. Visit all blogs in your niche and filter those with PR1 or more and with seomoz authority 30+. Get an e-mail adress from each webmaster or check if they have guest posting opportunity. E-mail each webmaster asking them to visit your site and considering link back to you. Or e-mail them an guest posting offer. In my stats 40% of webmaster accepted my guest post and 5% of them added link without any content provided.

4) PAID option: These are paid options but I highly suggest them.

- I submitted my blog to botw.org directory. Here is 20% discount code: SEER20

-I plan to submit my site to dir.yahoo.com ($300)

-I plan to submit a premium release on PRweb.com ($369) Contact me to get it for only $150 - article included.


SEO SCHEDULE:

-1 new article on site each 2 days + social share it
- Each day 3-4 yahoo answers with linkback (after you got lvl2)
-Each day 1-3 free directory submission
-Each day 5 relevant blog comments. (1 no follow, 4 do follow. 2 link to homepage, 3 link to inner page. - divide anchors)
-Each 2 days try to do one guest post

Other things you should do:

submission to botw, yahoo dir, business.com. Press release on PRweb.com
Youtube video, Squidoo page, Hubpage.


Please post your opinions and suggestions! I really need them!

THANKS!
#adsense #authority #blog #detailed #opinions #plan #promotion #wso
  • Profile picture of the author Chrisbroholm
    If you actually do this, you'll do very well!
    Signature

    Check out my blog GenuineOnlineMarketing.com where I talk about building Amazon and Adsense Niche Websites.

    Over 800 Amazon Reviews for $1 - No way?

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6770499].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author fedor50
    You're off to a great start. You're building a really solid foundation that is sure to help you in the long term
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6771054].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author slomo
    "-My theme has releated articles included"
    What do you mean by that?

    for guest posting you can use Plans & Pricing | PostRunner too
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6771745].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author joseph7384
      [DELETED]
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6773817].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author slomo
        Originally Posted by joseph7384 View Post

        Why would you send him/her to the plans & pricing page, that will lead him/her to believe that he/she has no other choices.

        He/she can just go here and will see that it's free to sign up and if he/she likes what he/she sees then at that time he/she can up-grade his/her account.
        No other choice then see the word "FREE"?
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6773870].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author vlada111
        Originally Posted by joseph7384 View Post

        Why would you send him/her to the plans & pricing page, that will lead him/her to believe that he/she has no other choices.

        He/she can just go here and will see that it's free to sign up and if he/she likes what he/she sees then at that time he/she can up-grade his/her account.
        On that page, the free option is also listed so its not a problem
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6778033].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author vlada111
    @slomo I mean whenever I post an article it will always show releated articles under the post. I dont need to do that manually (Its like a widget at the end of the article near comment box) Thanks for suggesting PostRunner I will surely try it!

    @everyone else. Thanks for your feedback. If you have any suggestions I would like to hear it

    And yes I actually did almost everything that I wrote Just prweb and yahoo dir isnt done, im collecting money for it.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6773275].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Lana Holmes
    Originally Posted by vlada111 View Post

    2) Done a keyword research. Here is how:
    -Found 10 categories
    -For each category 5 main article keywords with 200-1500 searches
    -For each main article keyword I found 2-4 relevant keywords with 100-500 searches
    -Didnt look competition very much, only for keywords over 1000.
    [/SIZE]
    Did you choose the number of categories based on some experience/statistics specific to the topic of the site or it's the assumption about the number of categories "authority" site in "every" category should have?

    And thank you - very interesting plan.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6775382].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author vlada111
      Originally Posted by Lana Holmes View Post

      Did you choose the number of categories based on some experience/statistics specific to the topic of the site or it's the assumption about the number of categories "authority" site in "every" category should have?

      And thank you - very interesting plan.
      Sorry, I forgot to mention that. Well it depends of the niche. It should be around 5-20 categories. You can get category ideas here: Buzzle On the right there is category list. Just select your niche and there will be listed.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6778046].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author JoeTavs
        I am not sure if your niche has active forums / communities or not. In my niche they have communities that enable you to have blogs much like on the warrior forum. I re-post my blog posts on these blogs once they are indexed on my real blog with a link to my site.

        Also, I am in several linkdin groups for my niche and am going to start posting new blog posts there as well.

        Hope this helps
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6778076].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author vlada111
          Originally Posted by JoeTavs View Post

          I am not sure if your niche has active forums / communities or not. In my niche they have communities that enable you to have blogs much like on the warrior forum. I re-post my blog posts on these blogs once they are indexed on my real blog with a link to my site.

          Also, I am in several linkdin groups for my niche and am going to start posting new blog posts there as well.

          Hope this helps
          Thanks for a suggestion I will try to find some forums which offer blogs.

          But doesnt that make duplicate content? Do you just copy paste your blog posts there?

          Could you send me your URL in PM? I will not share it.

          Thanks!
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6778087].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author dadhere
    Very detailed plan of attack. Make sure you don't add adsene for at least 4 weeks, it will pay off
    Signature



    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6778044].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author vlada111
      Originally Posted by dadhere View Post

      Very detailed plan of attack. Make sure you don't add adsene for at least 4 weeks, it will pay off
      Why is that needed? Because I added my adsense code right after I created website.

      Its not a problem for me. Earnings are not high at the moment, but just curious why that is good.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6778057].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Devin X
    Banned
    Looks like a well developed, well researched, and well planned strategy my friend. Now if it's well executed you will be well on your way to establishing authority with your new project. Only thing I can add is to utilize the article syndication strategy with your blog posts. That will definitely be worth your while. You can read this thread to learn more and also follow other threads that have to do with article marketing or article syndication...there's plenty of literature on this topic in the forum.

    Good luck!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6778084].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author vlada111
      Originally Posted by TheRealDudeman View Post

      Looks like a well developed, well researched, and well planned strategy my friend. Now if it's well executed you will be well on your way to establishing authority with your new project. Only thing I can add is to utilize the article syndication strategy with yoyur blog posts. That will definitely be woirth your while. You can read this thread to learn more and also follow other threads that have to do with article marketing or article syndication...there's plenty of literature on this topic in the forum.

      Good luck!
      Thanks for suggestion. I am not sure what do you mean by article syndication strategy but I will check out that thread later to see what you mean.

      Thanks everyone for feedback, it really means much!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6778103].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ejullya
    Hi Vlada,

    Very impressive plan. It will be interesting to see how your website is progressing. Please keep us posted. Thank you
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6778125].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author vlada111
      Originally Posted by ejullya View Post

      Hi Vlada,

      Very impressive plan. It will be interesting to see how your website is progressing. Please keep us posted. Thank you
      Thanks For now I think its going okay. In google webmaster I am ranking for 90 keywords. Not really much impressions, like 300 a day but its improving every day. I just started to rank for keywords.

      Adsense CTR is not what I expected only 1-2% :/ I will try to do testing.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6781241].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author nipsyr
        Newbie question here. What exactly is an authority blog? Is it where you are an expert on something?
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6783966].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author vlada111
    There are 2 types of adsense business model that are popular nowadays.

    There is a micro niche websites and authority sites.

    Authority blogs means that blog has a lot of pages and its very big. Targeting many keywords to rank for.

    On the other side, there are micro niche blogs which are smaller ones. They only target 1-2 keywords which are really easy to rank.

    If you have any more questions, let me know
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6788901].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author vlada111
    Well, that is what I am actually doing
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6789658].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author zombiehunter
    Banned
    Wowo! Thanks so much for your personal detailed step by step process. Learned a thing or two.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6812419].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author GSMarketing
    Hey Vlada,

    Great plan and I've got to say it's similar to what I am working to at the moment - which means we will either both succeed or both fail . Picked up some great little tips though so cheers for that.

    One thing I would say - which your plan does not make clear - is make sure you're giving away a quality freebie in exchang for building your list. Then ensure you nurture your relationship with the list and sell at appropriate intervals.

    Cheers and good luck

    G
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6812526].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author vlada111
      Originally Posted by GSMarketing View Post

      Hey Vlada,

      Great plan and I've got to say it's similar to what I am working to at the moment - which means we will either both succeed or both fail . Picked up some great little tips though so cheers for that.

      One thing I would say - which your plan does not make clear - is make sure you're giving away a quality freebie in exchang for building your list. Then ensure you nurture your relationship with the list and sell at appropriate intervals.

      Cheers and good luck

      G
      Thanks for suggestion. I will definitely add that to my website later. I am not really expirienced with list building so I will add it when I get more informed.

      I wish you luck with your blog! Could you PM me your URL? I will give you mine too

      Originally Posted by zombiehunter View Post

      Wowo! Thanks so much for your personal detailed step by step process. Learned a thing or two.
      You are welcome!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6850848].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author MovingAround
    It's interesting that you do not want a WSO because you have just described, in a post, what 90% of the WSOs are about (without the fluff and empty words of many WSOs).

    I think you have a great approach, all you need now is time. Give it a year of consistent hard work and you'll see the good and real results (I talk from experience). Keep up the work.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6813760].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author vlada111
      Originally Posted by MovingAround View Post

      It's interesting that you do not want a WSO because you have just described, in a post, what 90% of the WSOs are about (without the fluff and empty words of many WSOs).

      I think you have a great approach, all you need now is time. Give it a year of consistent hard work and you'll see the good and real results (I talk from experience). Keep up the work.
      It maybe sounds strange. But I made a post ONLY for purpose of giving free help to people

      Thanks for your feedback! I see you had expiriance with this, could you PM me your website URL?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6850861].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author tedgichia
    Thanks for sharing. This is a very solid strategy. I am working full time (No outsourcing at the moment) on a similar plan. Authority sites are the way to go.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6884442].message }}

Trending Topics