Suggest some Ideas for a $17 WSO Upsell product? (front end = $6 ebook)

13 replies
For my WSO, I want ideas for an upsell/ OTO.

If my front end product is a $6 ebook,

I need ideas for a Upsell /OTO, in the price range of $10- $20

Can you suggest some ideas, for a higher priced OTO to be sold immediately after my $6 Wso ebook thanks.
#$17 #end #front #ideas #upsell #wso
  • Profile picture of the author madelyndon
    Originally Posted by davidkings View Post

    For my WSO, I want ideas for an upsell/ OTO.

    If my front end product is a $6 ebook,

    I need ideas for a Upsell /OTO, in the price range of $10- $20

    Can you suggest some ideas, for a higher priced OTO to be sold immediately after my $6 Wso ebook thanks.
    $6.00 really? Ok so I'm a newbie and probably don't know crap about this kind of thing BUT it just seems too low. I think it would be better to start with the $17 ebook has your front end product. Again, I'm just starting out but wanted to give you my initial reaction to your pricing. I really think the best ones even start higher - like $27 for the ebook and then your OTO maybe $49? For the Upsell/OTO, depending on your ebook - put together some videos or even audio that goes into more detail on the subjects in the ebook. Just my thoughts - Good luck!
    Signature
    "The greatest danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high and we miss it, but that it is too low and we reach it."

    A man asked Buddha "I want happiness" Buddha said " First remove "I" that's ego, then remove "want" that's desire. See now you are left with only happiness "
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6804398].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Mike Hill
      Originally Posted by madelyndon View Post

      $6.00 really? Ok so I'm a newbie and probably don't know crap about this kind of thing BUT it just seems too low. I think it would be better to start with the $17 ebook has your front end product. Again, I'm just starting out but wanted to give you my initial reaction to your pricing. I really think the best ones even start higher - like $27 for the ebook and then your OTO maybe $49? For the Upsell/OTO, depending on your ebook - put together some videos or even audio that goes into more detail on the subjects in the ebook. Just my thoughts - Good luck!

      The Warrior Forum works a little different and the biggest reason for the low price points of awesome WSO's is so they can capture as many buyers as possible and get them on their buyers list. That's first and foremost... Extreme Value at a price anyone can afford without even having to contemplate the purchase if it's something they are interested in.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6804949].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author madelyndon
        Originally Posted by Mike Hill View Post

        The Warrior Forum works a little different and the biggest reason for the low price points of awesome WSO's is so they can capture as many buyers as possible and get them on their buyers list. That's first and foremost... Extreme Value at a price anyone can afford without even having to contemplate the purchase if it's something they are interested in.

        I never really thought of it that way and I guess I could see it being different on Warrior Forum. Why not just give it for free then? Build your list and THEN on the thank you page put your OTO. I guess I don't understand WSO's but I wouldn't buy anything for $6 - I would assume I could get that info for free online, or maybe in the War Room ...I dunno I guess that's just me.
        Signature
        "The greatest danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high and we miss it, but that it is too low and we reach it."

        A man asked Buddha "I want happiness" Buddha said " First remove "I" that's ego, then remove "want" that's desire. See now you are left with only happiness "
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6807420].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Mike Hill
          Originally Posted by madelyndon View Post

          I never really thought of it that way and I guess I could see it being different on Warrior Forum. Why not just give it for free then? Build your list and THEN on the thank you page put your OTO. I guess I don't understand WSO's but I wouldn't buy anything for $6 - I would assume I could get that info for free online, or maybe in the War Room ...I dunno I guess that's just me.
          If you are giving away your WSO for free then you are building a list of freebie seekers. Nothing wrong with that, it has it's place.

          But if you charge even $1 for your WSO you are now building a list of BUYERS... They are much more valuable than freebie seekers because they have voted with their wallet that they are interested in what you have.

          And to say you could get info for free online is somewhat true. In fact you could find a lot of it online however, how much do you value your time? How do you know which order to put things? How do you know the good information from the bad information out there for free? Do you really have time to search 1,000's of websites versus reading a 50 page report.

          The answer is ... you don't.

          Also, people don;t always know what they are looking for.

          EXAMPLE:
          The answers to your questions above have in fact been answered before on this very forum, numerous times so why aren't you using the Search function instead of asking again?

          I'll tell you why... It's in fact the same reasons people pay for information.

          1) Laziness
          2) Don't have time to search through threads
          3) Don't have time to read every post to make sure you have the correct information.
          4) You don't know exactly how to search for the answer
          5) Not sure what you're looking for
          6) Not sure if you're getting the correct answers.

          See what I mean? That's why people pay for things!

          PS. If a successful ClickBank vendor is selling his method on how he made $xx,xxx.xx do you think you could find that info online for free? How would you know for sure? This applies to every market and the people who are hungry for more information within that market.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6808521].message }}
  • I believe if you have to ask this question then you don't really have any value to offer your fellow warriors.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6804424].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jill Carpenter
    Originally Posted by davidkings View Post

    For my WSO, I want ideas for an upsell/ OTO.

    If my front end product is a $6 ebook,

    I need ideas for a Upsell /OTO, in the price range of $10- $20

    Can you suggest some ideas, for a higher priced OTO to be sold immediately after my $6 Wso ebook thanks.
    Either an upgraded version of your $6 ebook, or a product needed to further enhance what ever the ebook reveals.

    But to be honest with you you are going about this whole thing all wrong IMO.

    And no one can give you specifics as we have no idea what the initial product is about.
    Signature

    "May I have ten thousand marbles, please?"

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6804454].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author davidkings
      Originally Posted by Jill Carpenter View Post

      But to be honest with you you are going about this whole thing all wrong IMO.
      Thanks for the honesty Jill.

      I am going about asking this question wrong?

      or about considering having a OTO after my wso?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6804462].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Jill Carpenter
        Originally Posted by davidkings View Post

        Thanks for the honesty Jill.

        I am going about asking this question wrong?

        or about considering having a OTO after my wso?
        As Will and others have hinted, you should not have an OTO for the sake of having an OTO. It's perfectly respectable to have an offer of a report or ebook which solves a problem on it's own and you just sell that.

        If you have to really think hard about the OTO then the offer has become more about you thinking how to monetize more than thinking about giving value.

        Providing value should be the number one objective.

        With some products it will be very obvious what other things may/will enhance the end users overall experience. If it doesn't stick out then you may not need it.
        Signature

        "May I have ten thousand marbles, please?"

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6807047].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Mike Hill
    Originally Posted by davidkings View Post

    For my WSO, I want ideas for an upsell/ OTO.

    If my front end product is a $6 ebook,

    I need ideas for a Upsell /OTO, in the price range of $10- $20

    Can you suggest some ideas, for a higher priced OTO to be sold immediately after my $6 Wso ebook thanks.
    If you have to ask what kind of value you can provide in that price range then you are not even remotely involved in your target market, otherwise you'd know exactly what they want.

    Besides, you haven't even said what your WSO is about... How in the hell can someone give you blind advice and be correct?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6804935].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author paul nicholls
    if its for a wso then a $6 - $12 front end price is good

    then your oto can be $17

    $17 works very well because many people are conditioned at buying at $17 rather than $18.95 etc

    it really does depend though o what your selling so its not the same for everyone

    paul
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6805132].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author WillR
    A OTO should not just be made for the sake of trying to squeeze as much money as you can out of your customers. If you have nothing of value to add then you have nothing of value to add. Sell your $6 ebook.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6805347].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author WillR
    Another idea if you don't have any OTO is to sell the report at $6 and then find some related affiliate products (resources) you can promote on the backend. If the products are closely related to the product you are selling then this can also work quite well.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6807087].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author WebPen
    I dunno about that price point necessarily, but here are a few ideas:

    -Videos showing your ebook's process/method/system in action
    -A clear, thorough mind map of the system in the ebook
    -PLR rights so someone else can edit/sell your ebook as their own
    -One on one coaching to help someone follow through with your ebook

    Just make sure that your front end product does what it's sales page says. The OTO should NEVER be required to make the front end work. Instead, it should supplement it/make it easier.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6807138].message }}

Trending Topics