Zuckerberg just liked Chicken McNuggets!

52 replies
I just saw Mark Zuckerberg like Chicken McNuggets on facebook.

See the power of something going viral in action right now, just update the site and see how the likes just grow by the second:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Chick...07600475936054

It's amazing, when Mark liked the Nuggets 10 minutes ago it had 11.950 likes.

Imagine what that could do for a business ...
#chicken #mcnuggets #zuckerberg
  • Profile picture of the author JSProjects
    So, all we need to do is get him to like our business / service?

    Excellent! Shouldn't be too tough.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6821859].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Devin X
    Banned
    Is this part of his attempt to prove to his shareholders that FB isn't a big waste of money? It might work, and boy does he need it...FB's IPO is flopping really badly.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6821887].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author goindeep
      Originally Posted by TheRealDudeman View Post

      Is this part of his attempt to prove to his shareholders that FB isn't a big waste of money? It might work, and boy does he need it...FB's IPO is flopping really badly.
      No. This is part of his attempt to do what he was contracted to do by McDonald's.



      Coke next?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6822572].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Devin X
        Banned
        Originally Posted by Andrei Rotariu View Post

        Coke next?
        Perhaps. Why would he be doing promos like that when his IPO is costing him millions of dollars? ::scratching head::
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6822604].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Justin Says
    I know for a fact that viral campaigns work.

    I've been doing this for quite a while with many of my own pages and have had some pretty good success. But to see that a regular person can like something and everyone goes crazy... oh wait.. nvm.

    He's the creator anything he does will go viral haha.
    Signature

    My name is Justin Lewis, with Business Optimizer I've been in business for 6 years online with multiple six figure years, here are the tools that have helped me the most: Increase your reviews with this free Review Handout

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6821929].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author WebPen
      Originally Posted by Justin Lewis View Post

      I know for a fact that viral campaigns work.

      I've been doing this for quite a while with many of my own pages and have had some pretty good success. But to see that a regular person can like something and everyone goes crazy... oh wait.. nvm.

      He's the creator anything he does will go viral haha.
      Justin,

      I just wanted you to know that I didn'tlike your comment because of what you wrote.

      I liked your comment because your avatar introduced me to the best shirt ever made.

      Yup- it finally beat out "There are 10 kinds of people: those who understand binary and those that don't."
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6843915].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Justin Says
        Originally Posted by Justin Stowe View Post

        Justin,

        I just wanted you to know that I didn'tlike your comment because of what you wrote.

        I liked your comment because your avatar introduced me to the best shirt ever made.

        Yup- it finally beat out "There are 10 kinds of people: those who understand binary and those that don't."
        *Like a Boss*

        I'm glad I could introduce you to it ha.

        Jocelyn bought it for me for my 23rd birthday that just passed in July. I'm trying so hard not wear it because I want to keep it forever, but I love it lol.
        Signature

        My name is Justin Lewis, with Business Optimizer I've been in business for 6 years online with multiple six figure years, here are the tools that have helped me the most: Increase your reviews with this free Review Handout

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6845049].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Morten V
          Originally Posted by Justin Lewis View Post

          *Like a Boss*

          I'm glad I could introduce you to it ha.

          Jocelyn bought it for me for my 23rd birthday that just passed in July. I'm trying so hard not wear it because I want to keep it forever, but I love it lol.
          Cool shirt

          This gave me an idea for my next WSO ... and my salespage will be like this:



          I'm going to be a billionaire!!
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6845160].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author JohnMcCabe
            Originally Posted by Morten V View Post

            Cool shirt

            This gave me an idea for my next WSO ... and my salespage will be like this:



            I'm going to be a billionaire!!
            You'll need it when Arnold's people sue you for unauthorized use of his image - unless you work out a licensing deal beforehand.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6845331].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author Morten V
              Originally Posted by JohnMcCabe View Post

              You'll need it when Arnold's people sue you for unauthorized use of his image - unless you work out a licensing deal beforehand.
              Talk to the hand!

              That's all I need.

              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6845509].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author easternodyssey
    Not really any use unless i am best buddies with Mark Zuckerberg or by some miracle i happen to have a buisness related to selling Chicken McNuggets
    Signature
    Eastern Odyssey | The Definitive Guide to Asia
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6821945].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author nicholasb
    he probably got paid a few million to do it, but hey more power to him,

    step one
    make a few million bucks

    step 2

    pay Mark Z to like your fanpage

    Step 3 make a few million more

    Everyone who reads this owes me $2,000 now
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6822374].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author sav
    I wish I had the same effect. Once, I liked a page and the like count went down by 5.
    Signature
    http://almostpeter.com
    My Personal Blog. Check it out, you'll get addicted :)
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6822378].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author DianaHeuser
      Originally Posted by sav View Post

      I wish I had the same effect. Once, I liked a page and the like count went down by 5.
      Now that was funny.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6822504].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author contentwriting360
      Banned
      Nice humor there.
      Kidding aside, posting something with an added humor (just like what you did) often goes viral in FB or any social networking site. People love humor.

      Originally Posted by sav View Post

      I wish I had the same effect. Once, I liked a page and the like count went down by 5.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6822519].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Morten V
      Originally Posted by Margo Tuul View Post

      Sorry, but I don't get why we need to discuss what Mark Zuckerberg likes or does on Facebook?
      This post was aimed at something going viral, not what Mark likes or not. I just came across it in the news feed, it could have been anyone.

      Originally Posted by BIG Mike View Post

      While I understand your enthusiasm about seeing something go viral, for marketing purposes, this probably isn't the best example.

      I say this because it's an established, popular product (more than thirty years old) of an already successful international brand - the Likes, in this case, aren't going going to have an impact on making or breaking Chicken McNuggets or McDonalds.

      I read an article on CNN this morning about something that already went viral that might make a better example. In this case, they're using the viral effect to raise funds for a sequel, a short film clip for Halloween.

      I think this example demonstrates what going viral can really do for a business (especially a new one), compared to something already a household word.
      I am totally aware this ain't the best example, that wasn't my point. McNuggets is just a product page with nothing more than informative text and an extra 10.000 likes won't help them sell any more than they already do. I only linked to this as an example for people to see it in action. It was kinda fun to watch..
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6823713].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Justin Says
        Originally Posted by Morten V View Post

        This post was aimed at something going viral, not what Mark likes or not. I just came across it in the news feed, it could have been anyone.



        I am totally aware this ain't the best example, that wasn't my point. McNuggets is just a product page with nothing more than informative text and an extra 10.000 likes won't help them sell any more than they already do. I only linked to this as an example for people to see it in action. It was kinda fun to watch..
        *cough* incorrectamundo.

        Think about it.

        Every single time you see an ad for anything, you are suddenly thinking about it. Yes you might not immediately buy the product, but it's in your head.

        That extra 10,000 likes is 10,000 eyes.

        Next time they go to McDonalds, the only reason they went may have been because they "liked" that page.

        Might sounds weird, but it's how we work.

        I used to sell art on the streets when I was broke and one of the biggest lessons I learned, albeit I was scammed, was that people aren't just thinking of art, but when you walk up to them and present it to them, suddenly they are. I knew a girl that sold more than 40 pieces of art in about 3 hours (That's $10+ commission each sale + bonuses).

        So yea.. just my thoughts.
        Signature

        My name is Justin Lewis, with Business Optimizer I've been in business for 6 years online with multiple six figure years, here are the tools that have helped me the most: Increase your reviews with this free Review Handout

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6824655].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Morten V
          Originally Posted by Justin Lewis View Post

          *cough* incorrectamundo.

          Think about it.

          Every single time you see an ad for anything, you are suddenly thinking about it. Yes you might not immediately buy the product, but it's in your head.

          That extra 10,000 likes is 10,000 eyes.

          Next time they go to McDonalds, the only reason they went may have been because they "liked" that page.
          I see your point. I'm was mostly thinking about the overall sales worldwide, I don't believe this will be a big impact on sales though. Remember this is a thirty year old brand that is well established and popular already. Of course some of thoose 10.000 will try Nuggets next time, sure.

          I'm just looking at the big picture.

          Btw. that extra 10,000 likes is 20,000 eyes!
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6825029].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author hebsgaard
      Don't knock your powers!

      If you eliminate your competitions likes you can still have the most likes in your niche!

      Originally Posted by sav View Post

      I wish I had the same effect. Once, I liked a page and the like count went down by 5.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6827648].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author contentwriting360
    Banned
    Well, that's just the way it is. People do follow those whom they think are better and bigger than them. Mark uses that as an advantage.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6822411].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author TeamTCW
    And now likes reached 20,392
    Signature

    Facebook Traffic Unleashed - How To Get Real RESULTS From Facebook Marketing Click Here

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6823070].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Margo Tuul
    Sorry, but I don't get why we need to discuss what Mark Zuckerberg likes or does on Facebook?
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6823115].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author flamewave
      Originally Posted by Margo Tuul View Post

      Sorry, but I don't get why we need to discuss what Mark Zuckerberg likes or does on Facebook?
      I know right, its crazy its like they are trying to learn or something...

      Viral marketing, that will never take off amirite guys??
      Signature
      Looking for web design that actually makes you money?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6823144].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author sbucciarel
    Banned
    Originally Posted by Morten V View Post

    I just saw Mark Zuckerberg like Chicken McNuggets on facebook.

    See the power of something going viral in action right now, just update the site and see how the likes just grow by the second:

    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Chick...07600475936054

    It's amazing, when Mark liked the Nuggets 10 minutes ago it had 11.950 likes.

    Imagine what that could do for a business ...
    More like ... see the power of paying Facebook big bucks to advertise and have Zuck like your page to help the advertising along a bit. Particularly since some pretty big name advertisers have pulled out saying Facebook wasn't giving them enough bang for their buck.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6823167].message }}
  • I use to eat them when I was ignorant, the moment I got sick and realized how evil the food is I STOPPED EATING IT lost 90 pounds in a year. I can't see if someone realizes how evil the food is they can eat it, so it must be ignorance at least for me eating all that was ignorance! In any case it's a shame to like it I only hope he is ignorant if he is liking it for profit then it's evil.
    Signature
    soon people... Relax...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6823803].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JohnMcCabe
    I heard a rumor Bill Gates just farted. What could that do for the sales of Beano?

    :rolleyes:
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6824031].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Justin Says
      Originally Posted by JohnMcCabe View Post

      I heard a rumor Bill Gates just farted. What could that do for the sales of Beano?

      :rolleyes:
      Ha.

      The fact that you just mentioned Beano, now put it in my head. I'm not saying I'm going to the store to get Beano, but now I know that by Bill Gates farting (which is obviously a joke), and you presenting the product before my eyes, I might suggest it to someone else.
      Signature

      My name is Justin Lewis, with Business Optimizer I've been in business for 6 years online with multiple six figure years, here are the tools that have helped me the most: Increase your reviews with this free Review Handout

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6824661].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author talfighel
    probably got paid a few millions to say it or maybe not. One of those life mysteries that none of us will never figure out or know the real truth.
    Signature
    *** Work At Home Income Directory ***
    Your Best Source Online For Legitimate Work At Home And Home Business Opportunities!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6824102].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Morten V
      Originally Posted by JohnMcCabe View Post

      I heard a rumor Bill Gates just farted. What could that do for the sales of Beano?
      If only the fart went viral ... :p

      Originally Posted by talfighel View Post

      probably got paid a few millions to say it or maybe not. One of those life mysteries that none of us will never figure out or know the real truth.
      Personally I doubt he got paid for this, but as you said, that's one of those life mysteries that none of us will never figure out or know the real truth.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6824213].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Lyfe Lyte
    Groossss I havent ate mcdonalds for like 10 yearssss....people look at me like I'm nuts when I tell them I dont eat fast food...haha just because I'm american they think that's all we eat....

    Chicken nuggets....it's not even real chicken is it? hah grossss
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6824269].message }}
    • Originally Posted by Lyfe Lyte View Post

      Groossss I havent ate mcdonalds for like 10 yearssss....people look at me like I'm nuts when I tell them I dont eat fast food...haha just because I'm american they think that's all we eat....

      Chicken nuggets....it's not even real chicken is it? hah grossss
      McDonalds had the 1 penny promo and they told me I was stupid for not eating it but eating beans I cooked. I didn't even want to get into it.

      I had to stop at a fast food place a few weeks back and said give me the beens & rice (the only half decent thing there) but I didn't wan the meal for like a quarter more and they kept pushing I guess out of pitty since I must be retarded not to take the "deal" and I know he didn't care about the sale or profit it's just I was probably the only person ever not to take it in a while so kept telling me what a deal, I probably should have and left the soda with aspertaime and whatever other junk they gave me in the "meal" for 25 cents more.

      Looking back I don't see how anyone can eat that other then being ignorant like I use to and almost lost my sight which is what woke me up finally
      Signature
      soon people... Relax...
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6824799].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author kdbbdk
    Banned
    i'm gonna give him a call to like my website
    yupiii
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6824833].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author J Bold
    Relax, guys, all he did was like the wikipedia page for chicken Mcnuggets (some pages on Facebook are just the wikipedia pages for those topics). Don't see how effective that would really be as a marketing campaign. He probably just had the munchies so he liked that page. Don't see much else here...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6825192].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Justin Says
      Originally Posted by J Bold View Post

      Relax, guys, all he did was like the wikipedia page for chicken Mcnuggets (some pages on Facebook are just the wikipedia pages for those topics). Don't see how effective that would really be as a marketing campaign. He probably just had the munchies so he liked that page. Don't see much else here...
      And yet my comment still stands.

      The only reason this is so is because it's already something that is highly popular. If it were anything unknown it would gain the company/business outrageous publicity.
      Signature

      My name is Justin Lewis, with Business Optimizer I've been in business for 6 years online with multiple six figure years, here are the tools that have helped me the most: Increase your reviews with this free Review Handout

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6827531].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Morten V
        Originally Posted by Justin Lewis View Post

        And yet my comment still stands.

        The only reason this is so is because it's already something that is highly popular. If it were anything unknown it would gain the company/business outrageous publicity.
        Of course. If this was a business or a website it would truly help them a lot!
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6842347].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Justin Says
          Originally Posted by Morten V View Post

          Of course. If this was a business or a website it would truly help them a lot!
          So in that respect, it's very beneficial to the McDonalds

          Now when you check out the profiles of those people who "liked" the chicken mcnuggets, you'll see them listed.

          For example: https://www.facebook.com/zuck/favorites

          Not saying it's the biggest publicity in the world, but it's still going to gain them even more popularity.

          We think.. oh 10,000 people isn't a lot. But that's almost triple the amount of population in Moyock, NC (where I live).
          Signature

          My name is Justin Lewis, with Business Optimizer I've been in business for 6 years online with multiple six figure years, here are the tools that have helped me the most: Increase your reviews with this free Review Handout

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6842712].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author JohnMcCabe
            Of course, this whole discussion is based on the idea that the McNugget Universe a) knows who Mark Zuckerberg is and b) cares bout his personal fast food preferences.

            My guess is that most of the 'civilian' population views Zuckerberg, if they recognize the name at all, as the nerdy computer geek from the movie. And nerdy computer geeks generally aren't known for their nutritional savvy or refined palates.

            Just because some IMers are impressed with anything involving rich, successful celebrities within their little world doesn't mean the world at large cares in the least.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6842780].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author fixie
    Maybe Zuckerberg is on fiver providing this service? Has anyone checked it out?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6827732].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author vCr8
    Now if Zuckerberg have that influence, he can easily get fiverr gigs for FB likes lol...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6827959].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author WinmanRoss
    Banned
    Haha... this is funny. Now everybody will pay Mark to like their facebook fan pages. He will be 10x richer than he is now.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6842486].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author charlesmurphy
    I love me some McNuggets too!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6843830].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Elegantthemes
    I guess it has stopped growing now, have refreshed my page 5 times but nothing happened... :|
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6843894].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author agmccall
    One of the reasons I dislike facebook so much is that people feel the need to tell the world they "Like" chicken Mcnuggets. OH Happy Days.
    Signature

    "The elevator to success is out of order. You'll have to use the stairs....one step at a time." ~Joe Girard~

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6843967].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author HostWind
    It is a good example of impression, or pure volume.
    Though it appears to have stopped now it may still grow slowly. I never understood why people are always so infatuated with other peoples simple thoughts!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6844075].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Morten V
      Originally Posted by Justin Lewis View Post

      So in that respect, it's very beneficial to the McDonalds

      Now when you check out the profiles of those people who "liked" the chicken mcnuggets, you'll see them listed.

      For example: https://www.facebook.com/zuck/favorites

      Not saying it's the biggest publicity in the world, but it's still going to gain them even more popularity.

      We think.. oh 10,000 people isn't a lot. But that's almost triple the amount of population in Moyock, NC (where I live).
      It's nothing less than beneficial. I also see now that when I first posted this it were only 97 people who talked about it, now it's over 11.000 who have talked about it in a short period of time. :rolleyes:

      Originally Posted by Elegantthemes View Post

      I guess it has stopped growing now, have refreshed my page 5 times but nothing happened... :|
      Yes it have stopped now. When I posted this three days ago it grew with 10 to 50 likes every few second!

      Originally Posted by HostWind View Post

      I never understood why people are always so infatuated with other peoples simple thoughts!
      That was my thoughts also, I believe a large number of the people who liked the nugget did because Zuck liked it.

      Even though I shared this I didn't like the nugget myself, simply because I don't eat them.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6844530].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author starcraft2
    Banned
    so sick of mcnuggets after finding out what's in them, but the virality is amusing
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6845011].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author handymoney2
    The reason the facebook IPO is such a huge flop is because the banks overvalued the company by billions of dollars.

    P.S I just think they are all in bed together.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6845354].message }}

Trending Topics