How to collect email addresses with a WSO?

17 replies
Hello Good People.

I'm planning on releasing my first WSO, but I don't understand how to collect a buyers email address.

I know that a Free WSO normally leads to an squeeze page, but for every Paid WSO I check out, the "Buy Now" button leads strait to PayPal.

Please forgive the newbie question. I used the "Search" function but couldn't find an answer.

Thanks,
Richard.
#addresses #collect #email #wso
  • Profile picture of the author DianaHeuser
    Richard,

    If you are using an autoresponder like Aweber, when you setup your product through one of the delivery channels like DigiResults, W+ or JVZoo, there is a section where you put your autoresponder code in. That automatically captures the buyers information.

    They still have to confirm though.

    Di
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6827090].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author igoogle
    product delivery channel have option to integrate autoresponder to collect email of buyers
    use Warriorplus or jvzoo
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6827100].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Richard Rago
      Thanks Di and igoogle!
      Signature
      You don't get time off from your life to figure things out. Do something. Then do more.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6827137].message }}
  • Another way is redirect them when they buy your product via paypal to a some sort of "registration page" that collects their name and email which is also redirected to the download page of the product when they fill-out the form.

    You can also segment the buyers from front-end buyers to full buyers if you have a OTO or upsell of some sort. I believe Aweber has that option.


    Cheers,
    Al
    Signature
    >>>>> [FREE!!] -Sales Page Design for your WSO or Product - PM me to know more <<<<<
    >>>>> Increase conversions on your offers with my stunning graphics design. [Starts with $67] <<<<<
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6827182].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author WillR
    Just bear in mind that if you do use the auto integration methods listed above that you keep the list double optin so people need to confirm before they are added to your list.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6827418].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Richard Rago
      Thanks for the input, Al and Will!

      Please bear with me. I want to make sure that I fully understand.

      If I offer my WSO to affiliates with 100% commission through Warrior +, I should then send buyers directly to PayPal and Warrior + will take care of the affiliates commission.

      Then, after purchasing buyers are redirected to a "download page" where they'll have to enter their email address. Once confirming (double-opting-in) they'll be taken to a download page with a OTO.

      Does that sound about right? Doesn't that seem like a lot steps that will just upset buyers?

      Thanks again for your patience in answering my questions.

      Richard.
      Signature
      You don't get time off from your life to figure things out. Do something. Then do more.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6827446].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author WillR
    Richard,

    First of all I would not suggest doing 100% commission offers. Paypal do not like that type of stuff and rightly so. Imagine how suspicious it looks when a product is sold by one person yet the full profits from that product go to a completely different and unrelated person. It's not how normal business operates and you will risk having your account flagged if you do that.

    In regards to how Warrior Plus works, it's very simple. You setup your product and are given some buy button code to paste in your WSO thread. When a customer clicks on that button they are automatically taken to Paypal to make the payment.

    Upon payment (depending on which option you have chosen in Warrior Plus) two things will happen. Either all the payments will go to your Paypal account and then your Paypal account automatically makes payments to your affiliates...

    OR

    The payments will rotate depending on the commission percentage you have chosen. So say you chose to pay affiliates 50% then half of the transactions will go into your account and half of them will go directly to the affiliates without ever passing through your account.

    All of this happens automatically without you having to do anything.

    Upon successful payment the customer is then sent to the Warrior Plus thank you page. How they access your product depends on how you have things setup. You can simply link to your product which means Warrior Plus will just provide a download link on the thankyou page. The other and more popular option is to setup a membership site and how that integrates depends on which membership platform you use.

    In regards to adding your customers to your email list, there is an option inside Warrior Plus where you can enter your listname for each product. Upon payment the customer will automatically be added to your list. They don't need to subscribe. But because things are done this way it is recommended you use double option so people must confirm to be on that list and receive your emails.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6827920].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Silvestru
    Hey WillR, I've seen other people speak about avoiding 100% commissions because of fear of incurring the wrath of PayPal but no one ever proves this.

    I've done a 100% commissions product using Warriorplus. I may be the WSO creator, but I WASN'T THE ONE SELLING IT. The invoice and payment was made to the affiliate. Whenever someone requested a refund, it was the affiliate who had to return the money.

    I made a modest 500 sales. Nobody complained.

    Evidence trumps hearsay.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6828309].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author WillR
      Originally Posted by SylvesterJ View Post

      Hey WillR, I've seen other people speak about avoiding 100% commissions because of fear of incurring the wrath of PayPal but no one ever proves this.

      I've done a 100% commissions product using Warriorplus. I may be the WSO creator, but I WASN'T THE ONE SELLING IT. The invoice and payment was made to the affiliate. Whenever someone requested a refund, it was the affiliate who had to return the money.

      I made a modest 500 sales. Nobody complained.

      Evidence trumps hearsay.
      One thing you will quickly learn with Paypal is... NEVER say NEVER.

      Just because you have run one 100% commission offer and had no issues does NOT mean you never will.

      I have spoken in depth with their risk management department before and this is one of the things they mentioned they do not like. That's right, I wasn't talking to a puppet in their customer service department, I was talking to their actual risk management department.

      I'll go by what I have heard them say because those are the guys freezing and closing accounts.

      As I said above, it only makes sense anyway.

      If I went to a milkbar and bought a carton of milk, would you not find it strange if the guy behind the counter told me to take the money and pay it to the guy in the video shop across the road?

      That would be silly, right?! But that's exactly what you are doing.

      These types of practices are not how normal business operates and they are therefor not things Paypal want you doing. It's just added and unnecessary risk for them (Paypal) when the person selling the product is different to the person taking the money.

      You will find almost every person who has had their Paypal account shut down for whatever reason were also at one point using Paypal with no problems at all. My point being just because you've done it once doesn't mean you won't have a problem doing it again. It's most likely the sales you processed were not enough to set off their fraud alerts. If you did some big volume and they then went and looked at your offer manually, you would have been shut down -- I have no doubt about that.

      Count yourself lucky -- but you are the exception not the rule.

      This is the same reason I would never ever promote a 100% commission offer being sold through Paypal. You are only asking for trouble, I think.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6828365].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Silvestru
    Yes, but did you encounter this problem yourself?

    I'm not discounting what you say. I know of people who've made over $100 000 on WSOs with 50% and even lower commissions and had their accounts suspended by PayPal because their bots didn't like the volume of sales they made (aka. "you're making too much money in too short of a time -- you're probably a scammer")

    But if you look at it from the technical side of it, even a 50% commission still means that every other SALE goes to the AFFILIATE. It's the same principle, so that argument is invalid.

    Yes, PayPal may be a fickle bitch but we can only GUESS to what it doesn't like. And that's not very comforting...

    One thing is for certain: PayPal is more familiar with WF now than it was ever before.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6828424].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author WillR
      Originally Posted by SylvesterJ View Post

      Yes, but did you encounter this problem yourself?
      Nope. The reason being that I listen to what they (Paypal) tell me they do like and they do not like. It's the safest way to play the game. If you don't do anything wrong, you can't get banned. You might remember a few months ago the Warrior Forum stopped people from publishing their affiliate programs in WSO threads. This was something Paypal had made very clear they did not like and that's why the mods implemented that new rule. It's about prevention because in most cases when Paypal is involved, there is no cure. When your account is limited it's too late.

      So minimizing your risk is the smart thing to do. That includes not running 100% commission offers.

      Originally Posted by SylvesterJ View Post

      I know of people who've made over $100 000 on WSOs with 50% and even lower commissions and had their accounts suspended by PayPal because their bots didn't like the volume of sales they made (aka. "you're making too much money in too short of a time -- you're probably a scammer")
      You are doing the same thing though -- making assumptions. It's not the amount of sales someone does that is the issue, it's the amount of volume they do compared to what is 'normal' for their account. If you have a big spike in sales then that is when Paypal's automatic fraud alerts will mark your account for a manual review. When they manually review your account THAT is when they find things they don't like and will freeze or limit your account.

      I would put a big pile of money on the fact these other guys who had their accounts banned were doing other things that Paypal did not like. Some of them were selling coaching programs with outrageous income claims and most of them would have been advertising their affiliate program within their sales thread -- which Paypal see as borderline MLM.

      So no, it's not the spike that keeps your account frozen. That is what triggers them to take a closer look at things and that is when they do or do not find things that they take further action on. I've done just under 6 figures with one of my WSO's but I had no issues with them at all... and at the time that was definitely not usual activity for my account.

      Originally Posted by SylvesterJ View Post

      But if you look at it from the technical side of it, even a 50% commission still means that every other SALE goes to the AFFILIATE.
      Not if it's done properly. If you are using Paypal's adaptive payments system (which was created for this very purpose) then all of the money is paid into your account and then your account automatically pays the affiliate the amount you owe them. Why would Paypal create such as system? Because they want you to use it.

      Yes, Paypal do NOT like it when payments for products are split between the vendor and the affiliate which was how things were done here for years. You will notice now though that most of the popular WSO platforms use adaptive payments because you guessed it, Paypal wants them to. These guys are doing a LOT of money through Paypal each year so you can bet they are in close contact with Paypal and know exactly what they do and do not want. So when they make a change it's worth noting.

      Originally Posted by SylvesterJ View Post

      PayPal is more familiar with WF now than it was ever before.
      Yes, but that doesn't mean a thing. When I spoke to the guy in their risk department we both mentioned the Warrior Forum several times and he had no issue with it AT ALL. That's all just a rumor. It's not where you are selling the product that's the issue... it's HOW you are selling it. They don't have a problem with products being sold on this forum but they do have a problem with the way certain people market and sell their products on this forum.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6828663].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Michael Shook
        I sell big ticket items from places that are not the Warrior Forum. Here I think the most I have ever charged for anything was bout 13 dollars.

        I want to be sure that my account never has a problem because that is how I make my living, selling courses and products unrelated to IM, so when I have a question about anything I call PayPal. If I launch a new course for 495, I want that sale to go through without a hitch. If I send somebody an invoice for 1500 dollars, I surely do not want my account tagged in any way at all.

        So I always ask, and I am always treated politely and respectfully by the people at PP. I have never, and I mean never had any issue with anyone being rude or whatever else happens in the horror stories I read here.

        As regards OP's original question, when you redirect from PP if you have it set up right, the people will and on your optin page. In order to get people to optin,offer them something else on that page for free, something goo, not something marginal. Forced opting in to receive a product you have already paid for not only can make your buyers unhappy, but gives you a label you don't need if you are building a long term business.
        Signature


        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6830113].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author WillR
          Originally Posted by JMichaelZ View Post

          As regards OP's original question, when you redirect from PP if you have it set up right, the people will and on your optin page.
          If using Warrior Plus or JVZoo then that step is irrelevant. People will be added to your list automatically without having to send them to any optin page. You just send them straight to your download page or members area.

          I just don't want to confuse the OP.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6832608].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author gcbmark20
    Hi Reebdoog,

    In both GetRepsonse & Aweber, you can set up a "AUTOMATION"!!!

    This allows you to add a buyer onto a separate list once they have purchased something from you.

    So, lets say someone opts into your list, then buys a OTO from you, you can then set a rule that automatically removes them from one lists to another list (BUYER LIST)....

    There are videos etc in the packages that show you how.

    Hope this helps & have a fantastic day!!!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6828460].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Arief Ramadhan
    I think you have found the answer from guys above. Many WSOs are using WSO Pro as the payment processor and also JVZoo. They integrate with the autoresponder such as Aweber, Get Response, Imnica and etc.

    So you need an autoresponder and simply integrate the autoresponder to the payment processor and it will automatically collect the email address of your buyers when they purchased your WSO.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6828525].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Xneaker
    Thank guys... I also want to know the answer
    Signature
    Lowest price and bonus for Internet Marketing Tools, click HERE and run a search :)
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6828535].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author threezerozero
    as other people have mentioned beforehand, you can integrate some autoresponders with purchasing information. buyers will enter their emails for the purchase receipt and confirmation and will be automatically added to your list. this is called email parsing. you'll need to setup a custom email parser using specific settings....usually depends on what you use. currently using profits theme for mine.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6830558].message }}

Trending Topics