11 replies
What are you gSingapore gals using to embed audio on web pages these days?

EDiT: gSingapore = "guys and"

lol... How did auto spell correct get that?
#audio #embedding
  • Profile picture of the author OutsourceFactor
    I have always used the WP plugin "Audio Player" by Martin Laine. Free, reliable, very simple to configure. As with all plugins, keep them up to date!

    I wish there was a decent plugin that was not based on Flash player. iPad users will not hear our audio if we use a flash player. That's becoming a huge problem these days. I can't tell you how many customers I've had in one niche where iPads were used to buy my product.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6831933].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JasonParker
    Thanks guys.

    I haven't embedded audio on a site (with a player) in a few years and can't remember what I used to use, but it was my s3 account and some kind of awesome free player.

    So I guess I'm looking for a player.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6832020].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author OutsourceFactor
    The WP plugin I mentioned is a player, and it is free. And if you set the URL of your file on S3 to public, it works perfectly. Are you on Wordpress?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6832032].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author JasonParker
      Originally Posted by OutsourceFactor View Post

      The WP plugin I mentioned is a player, and it is free. And if you set the URL of your file on S3 to public, it works perfectly. Are you on Wordpress?
      Hmmm... I'm looking to embed audio on a static HTML page for this.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6832036].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author OutsourceFactor
    Jason - same player, but use the standalone version:

    WordPress Audio Player » Standalone version
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6832073].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author JasonParker
      Originally Posted by OutsourceFactor View Post

      Jason - same player, but use the standalone version:

      WordPress Audio Player » Standalone version
      Awesome, THANK YOU.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6832078].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Brandon Tanner
        Jason,

        I recently tested out a LOT of different website audio players for a particular project, and this one had the best performance by far (by "best performance", I mean that it required the least amount of "buffer" time after clicking the play button, before the audio started playing).

        Even with a 5+ minute MP3 file, it only took 1-2 seconds buffer time before playback started (and I'm on a modest DSL connection). All of the other players I tried had to buffer for anywhere between 10-20 seconds, before they began playback (for that same MP3 file). I don't know why there's such a huge performance difference between that one player and all the others, but I'm glad I found it!
        Signature

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6832311].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author JasonParker
          Originally Posted by Brandon Tanner View Post

          Jason,

          I recently tested out a LOT of different website audio players for a particular project, and this one had the best performance by far (by "best performance", I mean that it required the least amount of "buffer" time after clicking the play button, before the audio started playing).

          Even with a 5+ minute MP3 file, it only took 1-2 seconds buffer time before playback started (and I'm on a modest DSL connection). All of the other players I tried had to buffer for anywhere between 10-20 seconds, before they began playback (for that same MP3 file). I don't know why there's such a huge performance difference between that one player and all the others, but I'm glad I found it!
          Excellent, I appreciate the heads up!
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6832329].message }}
  • {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6832360].message }}
  • You could also setup a sound cloud account (starting at free) and use their share functions to embed audio players on a website. Two live examples of this for you to see can be found from the sound effects links on our signature below.

    Arnold Stolting.
    Signature
    Arnold Stolting - Stolting Media Group
    "I LOVE The Song! The Vibe Is Positive And Firm!" - Kymani Marley. (Son of Bob Marley)
    "Keep Up The Good Work!" Tony Lindsay - Lead Vocalist, Carlos Santana.

    "Very High Quality!" Jeremy Harding - Manager / Producer. Sean Paul.
    "They Are FANTASTIC!" - Willie Crawford.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6832362].message }}

Trending Topics